LC Teambuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea for the abra, why not use charge beam or HP electric/ground/fire on it as HP fight offers very little in terms of coverage, hp fight hits the rare normal type and scraggy as well as ferroseed, the latter of which dislikes HP fire more. HP electric or charge beam hit murkrow and hp ground hits the pursuit users, stunky and houndour, hp fire hits ferroseed and bronzor. Since this abra isnt running protect(which i think it should) it could run psychic/hp fight/charge beam/shadow ball as being set up fodder for scraggy sucks, otherwise HP ground or fire.

As for the porygon it should definitely have recover, some HP investment would do it good to get it to 24 HP in order to make full use of recover in that case. A -speed nature should be given a slash if porygon is using analytic or trick room. And just a note, porygon isnt much of a psychic type lure, and physically, slowpoke is bulkier than porygon.

Just an idea for the abra, why not use charge beam or HP electric/ground/fire on it as HP fight offers very little in terms of coverage
Because of its great neutral coverage. The only mons you cant hit for neutral damage are other Psychic types

Just an idea for the abra, why not use charge beam or HP electric/ground/fire on it as HP fight offers very little in terms of coverage, hp fight hits the rare normal type and scraggy as well as ferroseed, the latter of which dislikes HP fire more. HP electric or charge beam hit murkrow and hp ground hits the pursuit users, stunky and houndour, hp fire hits ferroseed and bronzor. Since this abra isnt running protect(which i think it should) it could run psychic/hp fight/charge beam/shadow ball as being set up fodder for scraggy sucks, otherwise HP ground or fire.
Because of its great neutral coverage. The only mons you cant hit for neutral damage are other Psychic types
^ This. And it isn't set-up fodder for Scraggy; that's why HP Fight is there in the first place. And if you're thinking about it being OHKO'd by Crunch, remember the Focus Sash.

As for the porygon it should definitely have recover, some HP investment would do it good to get it to 24 HP in order to make full use of recover in that case. A -speed nature should be given a slash if porygon is using analytic or trick room. And just a note, porygon isnt much of a psychic type lure, and physically, slowpoke is bulkier than porygon.
I never said Porygon was a Psychic lure. I said Meinfoo was a Psychic lure. And as for the EVs, it's up to what the user needs. If the current one isn't working, switch it as you please. The set I posted is the one I use and it works great. And the reason I didn't post Recover is because the other Porygon in the set listings (check OP) uses it.

Protect helps a lot over Energy Ball in the last slot, to stop Fake Out users fom breaking your sash. Very useful in my experience.

Protect helps a lot over Energy Ball in the last slot, to stop Fake Out users fom breaking your sash. Very useful in my experience.
I've frequently debated over that, and I'd leave it up to user preference. Personally, if I come to a Fake-Out user, I switch to Porygon and problem solved; I like the extreme coverage you get with Energy Ball.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Uhh... no. The two most common Fake Out users are Mienfoo and Croagunk, and both will destroy Porygon. Energy Ball has limited utility compared to Protect in any case.

Your Porygon set is inferior to the listed one, although the listed one isn't optimal either. Thunder Wave is much better than Charge Beam, and its role is a defensive sponge and pivot, not a special attacker. The only viable offensive Porygon in this metagame is Choice Scarf, as it is the only scarfer capable of outspeeding Drilbur in sand due to Trace.

Your Drilbur set is okay, but suffers from too many slashes. Sand Rush is non-negotiable, and X-Scissor is unnecessary.

iss(and I) doubt the legitimacy of Mold Breaker Drilburr because the reason Drilburr is such a powerful mon is because of Sand Rush. Without Sand Rush, Drilburr is really outclassed as a powerful and bulky physical attacker.

Have you actually tested it? I've used it tons of times and I don't see anything wrong with it. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, and that's attack.

iss

let's play bw lc!
Drilbur's advantage over other attackers is being able to outspeed everything (except Scarf Porygon) while in Sandstorm. If you're using Drilbur offensively outside of sand, there are much better options, such as Murkrow simply spamming Brave Bird. Drilbur has a weak defensive typing and really needs +2 with Eviolite or its ridiculous Speed with Life Orb to sweep teams. If you bring in an offensive Drilbur without sand, you basically are forced into prediction and struggle to pick up even one kill, as your opponent can simply switch in anything faster (Murkrow, Misdreavus, Staryu, etc.) and take out your very fragile Drilbur. Things like Murkrow for example have either the amazing coverage (and 19 Speed) of MixKrow or the offensive and defensive utility of Prankster Substitute and Roost. Offensive Drilbur outside of sand has no utility outside of the odd Stealth Rock or Rapid Spin, which it will be hard pressed to do. Utility Drilbur outside of sand is actually viable though, due to being one of the few Pokemon with both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin.

tl;dr: The point of Drilbur is to be fast and threaten 2HKOs (or simply sweep with +2) on the opposing team using Sand Rush. Mold Breaker simply makes it inferior.

The set should be:

Drilbur @ Eviolite / Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw / Protect
- Swords Dance / Rapid Spin

Drilbur's advantage over other attackers is being able to outspeed everything (except Scarf Porygon) while in Sandstorm. If you're using Drilbur offensively outside of sand, there are much better options, such as Murkrow simply spamming Brave Bird. Drilbur has a weak defensive typing and really needs +2 with Eviolite or its ridiculous Speed with Life Orb to sweep teams. If you bring in an offensive Drilbur without sand, you basically are forced into prediction and struggle to pick up even one kill, as your opponent can simply switch in anything faster (Murkrow, Misdreavus, Staryu, etc.) and take out your very fragile Drilbur. Things like Murkrow for example have either the amazing coverage (and 19 Speed) of MixKrow or the offensive and defensive utility of Prankster Substitute and Roost. Offensive Drilbur outside of sand has no utility outside of the odd Stealth Rock or Rapid Spin, which it will be hard pressed to do. Utility Drilbur outside of sand is actually viable though, due to being one of the few Pokemon with both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin.

tl;dr: The point of Drilbur is to be fast and threaten 2HKOs (or simply sweep with +2) on the opposing team using Sand Rush. Mold Breaker simply makes it inferior.

The set should be:

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw / Protect
Eh, I guess your right. I use MB Drilbur and it works for me, but obviously it doesn't for others. I guess my team is just better for supporting Drilbur than common teams are.

Dwebble @ Oran Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Role: Early-game Physical Sweeper
What it does:
Basically, Dwebble leads off and shell smashes. Then it starts sweeping. It works well because most people who see a lead Dwebble assume it is a defensive spiker. They are in for a shock when they see the shell smash though. Also, its good STABs can hit a lot of LC pokemon for neutral damage, at least. Making Dwebble a big threat.
Good Teammates: Pokemon that can lure and KO priority users like Mienfoo, Croagunk and Timburr (to name a few) work well with Dwebble, altough not much team support is needed as Dwebble works best early-game, when no-one expects a shell smasher. Substitute Misdreavus works well and Wynaut can work as well, giving Dwebble more set-up chances.
What Counters It:
Hippopotas can survive any of Dwebble's attacks even after a shell smash and set up all over it. Munchlax can also live hit and Thunder wave, crippling Dwebble massively.
Any Additional Info: You can run rock blast instead of stone edge but the fact that rock blast doesn't always hit 5 times is why I think stone edge is better. Life orb can also be used instead of oran berry but the oran berry stops fake outs or priority moves from ko'ing it quickly.​

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
No.

Oran Berry + Sturdy works well, restoring most of Dwebbles HP thus allowing it to take Fake Outs and such among other moves. White Herb would just make it easier to revenge.

iss

let's play bw lc!
Oran Berry is superior to White Herb, as on many teams the only priority you'll be taking is Fake Out or Sucker Punch, the former of which Oran is far better and the latter of which you lose to anyways.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw / Protect
Going to have to disagree here. With the ubiquity of Misdreavus, I would almost always want Shadow Claw > Rock Slide. IMO, the move set should be:

-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Rock Slide / X-Scissor / Protect
-Swords Dance / Rapid Spin

This is because Sucker Punch Murkrow will best Life Orb variants that lack Substitute anyways, and Eviolite variants shouldn't be taking on Murkrow early game either. Furthermore, Shadow Claw is the smarter choice against Natu. Finally, it is much easier for your Hippopotas to switch into Murkrow than it is for it to switch into Misdreavus. X-Scissor should definitely not be forgotten; as Bronzor has fallen off in love, people have been relying on things such as Shroomish to check Drilbur; X-Scissor also does slightly more damage to Lileep.

I think the idea behind mould breaker drillbur(which should be scarfed if used at all imo) is to be able to fire off earthquakes on missdrevous and its main counter, bronzor. It also helps bypass sturdy i suppose but i agree with the others, drillbur lacks the speed or bulk to sweep outside of sandrush.

No lol. Mold Breaker is the perfect Stealth Rock / Rapid Spin Pokemon on an offensive team. 17 speed and 18 attack on a Pokemon that can Stealth Rock on Natu, dispatch Misdreavus with STAB, and break through Study everything. It's amazing.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok this really needs to be updated soon, since it hasn't been since Aug 5th. Some of the sets on the what to use include... CB Diglett and Scarf Cyndaquil. lol If you're going to keep this alive make all the changes that Ray Jay gave you and also don't just edit in a set someone posted, look at the set yourself and make your own judgement on how it should look at the end; possibly fixing formatting errors in each to keep the OP as tidy as possible. Take a look at what everyone posted and edit what needs to be edited, like in the case where the OP has HP Flying slashed on Foongus or Trakyan posting Eviolite Sassy Houndour. If you don't feel like keeping this going you can always give the thread to someone else that wants to. I'll be willing to take it if you do choose to relinquish it.

I have been a bit busy in other sections recently and for the Ebeast take my apology i got a bit side tracked and this thread will be edited as soon as possible (i am on my phone now) also we havnt gotten much sets not to use so i will surely start that off by adding one tommorow

Edit: op is edited! it is now up to date so please keep posting!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Mienfoo @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd / 36 Def
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Role: Physical Attacker / Wall Breaker?
What it does: Sweet Jesus, this thing is freaking strong. I may be new to LC, but from the battles I've had this thing is incredibly destructive. Hi Jump Kick 2HKOs Bronzor, and all of the Psychics that come in to take it get U-Turned out of. Flying-type in the way? Stone Edge! It also has quite a powerful Fake Out. Regenerator helps alleviate LO recoil and hazard damage, allowing it to come in and smack something then switch out.
Good Teammates: RestTalk Chinchou is an awesome partner because it not only resists Flying attacks from the likes of Taillow and Murkrow, but can either destroy them with Discharge or heal the team with Heal Bell. Misdreavus and Murkrow make nice offensive partners as well, hitting the Ghost-types that try to take Hi Jump Kick.
What Counters It: Since there's no Eviolite here, anything with 18+ Speed spells doom for this little guy. Meowth in particular is tricky because of its faster, STAB Technician-boosted Fake Out. Staryu also causes headaches. Ghost-types are awful because of Hi Jump Kick's recoil.
Any Additional Info: Why did I ever use Trapinch?

LO Mienfoo has already been rejected. Eviolite is the crux of any Mienfoo set because Mienfoo has good bulk. Yes, the Atk stat is good, but Abra and Misdreavus say hi.

When my damn internet decides to let me get the Damage Calc page open there can be some proof of why Evio Mienfoo > LO Mienfoo. Stupid Gateway timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)