Project LC Theorymon Project [Submission Phase] [ded atm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nobody voted buneary tho idgi why buneary gets the points, why dont we just say that axew wins 2nd ???
voting axew
Is it because this thread makes no sense?

Neither of these changes are altering the metagame in a meaningful way. Axew is now a worse Scraggy, and Buneary's Normal typing prevents it from pivoting in and out of Fighting types. Hate to sound like a dick, but I honestly don't see what this project is trying to accomplish.We ought to try mandating an explanation based upon the meta, not flavour.

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks like the thread is dead, so I'll take the liberty to start discussion on the new mons (and who better imo)

Pansquad operates on a whole notha level than Cottonee, actually being able to have either offensive or utility presence. The new distribution of Prankster Taunt on usable mons will make it harder to set up hazards, with Panpour being especially problematic to any setter whose name isn't Lileep. As such, we may see Theorymons Onix, Dwebble, and Tirtouga taking a hit in viability.

Another great new addition to the meta will be Pansear's Prankster Will-O-Wisp. Hopefully this will drive the meta in a more special direction, as with the newfound presence of autorain (thanks a bunch please vm me dick pics and i will reciprocate and lol at mystery boxes) the meta will see new special terrors. The newfound prominence of burns everywhere will make clerics such as Snubbull, Spritzee, and Licktung even more important, Licki especially due to its high special bulk.

I'm excited to see what else we can theorymon!

This seems really fun, so I'm gonna try this out.
I'd like to submit Shell Smash Slugma with +5 base Speed (20 -> 25).

Slugma @-Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Flamethrower / Lava Plume / Fire Blast
- Earth Power / Ancient Power
- Clear Smog / Recover / Will-O-Wisp

It's clearly a shame that Magcargo has access to Shell Smash and not Slugma, because Magcargo has really no place in any meta with it thanks to its terrible speed. However, Slugma could make waves in LC easily with access to Shell Smash, and I think that simply getting that move warrants an LC Theorymon post.

Flavor wise, it works out nicely. While Slugma's cooled, rocky exterior upon slowing down isn't exactly a literal "shell", Slugma would honestly need some kind of way to, perhaps, smash, or otherwise shed, that shell to prevent it from dying a slow and cold death.

After Shell Smash, it hits a respectable 26 speed, which outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame and most Scarfers. It also has a variety of qualities it can abuse to distinguish it from other Shell Smashers. Slugma's unique Fire/Ground coverage allows it to roast the competition, plus with Ancient Power and Clear Smog, it has multiple options to take on different types. It also has utility in Recover, Will-O-Wisp, and Clear Smog to disrupt opponents and stay in the game longer. Flame Body as an ability also means it can discourage priority to an extent, and its typing is excellent for a Shell Smasher because it isn't weak to Fighting like all the others. Its decent bulk with Eviolite allows it to set up fairly easily, though it's going to have a hard time against Diglett, Tirtouga, and Archen. After a boost it can OHKO bulky Chinchou, bulky variants of Mienfoo, and even has a shot at OHKOing Timburr with Fire Blast. And don't forget, Slugma isn't setup bait either, thanks to Clear Smog.

I'm not sure if Shell Smash would make Slugma broken or not, but it would certainly cause its viability to skyrocket, or, at the very least, give it something to do aside from "sit around and use Will-O-Wisp".

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it has really good synergy with Vulpix, as Sun makes its fire STABs much more potent. OHKOing Timburr and Pancham with Fire Blast is easily possible under sun.

Last edited:
Dry Skin + recover Numel

Checks chou, pone, foongus, ect
Fwg cores and fairies are becoming more common. Wanna make a mon that can help actively check these difficult types of Pokemon. Serves as a great Rain check too. Considering adding Clear Smog too to help check Timburr.

My next submissions are focused on reorienting the meta away from certain stale points (read: fighting type dominance, few good chou switches, fwg cores), and focus on defensive and support mons, because our meta is way too aggressive lol. I suggest we try addressing certain trends in the meta instead of posting random flavourmons like how we keep doing.

Last edited:

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dry Skin + recover Numel

Checks chou, pone, foongus, ect
Fwg cores and fairies are becoming more common. Wanna make a mon that can help actively check these difficult types of Pokemon. Serves as a great Rain check too. Considering adding Clear Smog too to help check Timburr.

My next submissions are focused on reorienting the meta away from certain stale points (read: fighting type dominance, few good chou switches, fwg cores), and focus on defensive and support mons, because our meta is way too aggressive lol. I suggest we try addressing certain trends in the meta instead of posting random flavourmons like how we keep doing.
I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments. It's so easy to add a more offensive presence to the meta. Don't get me wrong, I think Shell Smash Slugma is a neat idea, but I also really like the idea of trying to balance the meta by having more defensive suggestions, especially ones that can check popular meta threats well.

Copycat can call roar again. This is pretty self explanatory in the fact that it makes riolu a really good phaser. Don't think I need to explain this in detail since we all know how it plays, but I will do that need be.

Am I allowed to submit again, since my last suggestion was pulled off and I have a neat idea.

Edit: ok then

Last edited:
Question, can we make nerfs a thing? Considering nerfing Missy's stats next so it functions but doesn't break the meta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)