XY LC LC Trap Hacks ~ Where do you think you're going?!

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
INTRODUCTION

Im back with another LC RMT, and this time i wanted to run a gimmicky team that did two things.

1. Utilize Bunnelby for a late game sweep.

2. Trapped major archetypes in the LC meta to handle all the checks to Bunnelby.

Now in doing this i had a lot of things to choose from so lets get to that part~

TEAMBUILDING

Obviously the star of the show Bunnelby was needed.

I needed a lead who could shut down a majority of the meta with Encore. Looked no further than Buneary.

Next was a ghost trapper. Houndour or Skunky? Well Houndour hits harder and has Destiny Bond now so lets go with that.

Now on to actual trappers. Need a defensive Shadow Tag mon? Why not...you know... Wynaut?

An offensive Scarf Trapper? Wynaut Gothita? (im seriously done with this joke)

Now i just needed a Fighting type to help balance the team out so i went with an old favorite, Timburr.

AT A GLANCE

IN DEPTH ANALYSIS

Wascally Wabbit!

it's me tho (Bunnelby) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 5
EVs: 232 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 4 HP
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- U-turn

My star of the team with his HUGE POWER boosting his attack and Life Orb adding on to it. Bunnelby is usually save for late game since his speed is meh. Even at 16 Speed i would rather use him late game. Moveset is simple. Return / Quick Attack are STAB, EQ is for Chinchou / Magnemite / Pawniard (eviolite). U-Turn is for early shenanigans.

It takes two to Tango~

bunni waifu (Buneary) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 164 Def / 68 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Return
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

Okay. I know what you're thinking. 'hurr eviolite does not restrict move choices' but if you would take a look at the ability KLUTZ you'll see that im unaffected by my item.

Good News: I can use Switcheroo + Encore to mess up certain defensive pokemon and trap out certain leads and go to Gothita to ko them.

Bad News: I dont benefit from Berry Juice and Eviolite so i will have to choose my moves wisely.

That being said most of the time, Buneary gets the job done, It can paralyze seemingly annoying set up sweepers for me and it immobilizes walls i hate dealing with.

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

ghostbusta (Houndour) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch

True to it's name, Dour just wants to kill ghosts and revenge kill other certain mons. Pursuit / Sucker Punch / Fire Blast are all reliable STABs that nail Ghost / Steel / Psychic pokemon i dont want to deal with. Destiny Bond is the kicker for getting rid of certain mons i cant kill off the bat with one hit.

そうなの ? そうなんす. . .

attached 2 u (Wynaut) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 156 HP / 212 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Pretty standard set that lives to troll fighting types. I dont have a lot to say here except that CounterCoat is to deal damage back, Encore is to entrain trolls who wanna set up on me, and Destiny Bond is just in case i can get it off and they kill next turn. It gets more kills than you'd believe.

Too..dark... for Pokemon... White....

where u goin (Gothita) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

As my Offensive Trapper, I need Gothita to trap and kill some very important pokemon. Tieing with 19 Speed mons hurts my capabilities as i can be beaten out of my revenge. However i deal a teensy bit more damage and that's all i am looking for. Goth doesnt hit that hard :U and that's an issue. Nonetheless she still preforms her job well.

GOT WOOD?

2balky4u (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab

Another self explanatory set, Catered to take unboosted DGleams from Misdreavus so i can knock off it's Eviolite. Also Timburr is my ONLY answer to Pawniard and MUST BEAT IT so my team can survive since Scarf Pawn is a main deterrent to my team. Drain / Mach Punch provide STABs and increase Timburr's longevity. Knock Off is obligatory in weakening enemies so my team can hit harder. Poison JAb is really only here for Spritzee / Snubbull

THREATS

SPIKES STACKING OFFENSE: Taking a HUUUUUGE RISK letting that set up bc i dont have recovery and i will be worn down quickly.

BULKY SET UP SWEEPERS: Fletchling / Misdreavus are terrible and i dont want them setting up at fucking all.

IMPORTABLE

it's me tho (Bunnelby) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 232 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 4 HP
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- U-turn

bunni waifu (Buneary) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 164 Def / 68 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Switcheroo
- Return
- Encore
- Thunder Wave

ghostbusta (Houndour) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch

attached 2 u (Wynaut) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 156 HP / 212 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

where u goin (Gothita) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

2balky4u (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab

Thanks for reading~

and remember~

<33 Champion Fizz

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You have, like, a lot of EVs missing
I don't know shit about LC but I hear Pawniard is good
Cheers
Those EVs are missing because they operate differently at Level 5. The spreads he's used are still the most efficient ones possible -- nothing has gone to waste.

And Pawniard is an excellent Pokemon, but it probably doesn't fit as well as other members on Jac's team.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pawniard wouldnt fit on my team. Houndour is a much better dark type since Burn immune and scares ghosts away and can DBond things i cant kill.

Also yeah LC EVs are depends on the ending value

i.e. 0 = 36/116/196 = +1/+2/+3 increases

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)