1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

LC Voter Ticks?

Discussion in 'Pre-Policy Review' started by Philip7086, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

LC has done some suspect testing, and the leaders of that tier want to have tickmarks for their voters, which probably also means tiering contributors to those involved. So we need to decide if we want to include LC voting as grounds for a Tiering Contributor badge. Smogon officially endorses LC, but it's still seen as a joke to a lot of users. I personally am fine with it counting, but if you guys have any legitimate objections, I'd like to hear them.
  2. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

no objection from me
  3. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

if Smogon officially endorses LC, then any voting permissions granted should count towards getting a TC badge.
  4. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Considering that they have a subforum of their own in UT and a ladder on the official Smogon server, I believe it would be hypocritical not to give tickmarks to the LC Suspect voters. Either the metagame is officially endorsed by Smogon or it isn't. Since it clearly is, it should "count". If we don't want it to count or are embarrassed by it counting, then we should withdraw our official support.
  5. Gouki

Gouki nice times all the times
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

yeah i'm not exactly a fan of little cup, but it's silly not to give the voters checks like all our other tests.
  6. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

K, at this point it doesn't matter what aldanig says. Looks like we're all in agreement. I'll talk to Doug when I get a chance to add [​IMG] to the possible tickmarks.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)