Tournament LCPL 6 - Commencement and Discussion

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
LCPL 6
This is the place that you can post all things related to LCPL. This includes discussion about the teams, tiers, managers, and yes, even your memes. Once again, here's the teams and the managers.
The Belchsprouts - Managed by Corporal Levi
The Crystal Onix
- Managed by Nineage
Gonefroggin.com Froakies - Managed by macle
Guerrilla Goletts - Managed by Shrug
Lit af Litleos
- Managed by OP
Snivy Subterfuge - Managed by Jac
Stunting Stunkys - Managed by Sken
Waterless Wynauts - Managed by WaterlessMelon

WEEK 1

The Belchsprouts vs Guerrilla Goletts
Gonefroggin.com Froakies vs Snivy Subterfuge
Lit af Litleos vs The Crystal Onix
Stunting Stunkys vs Waterless Wynauts

WEEK 2

Snivy Subterfuge vs The Belchsprouts
The Crystal Onix vs Guerrilla Goletts
Waterless Wynauts vs Gonefroggin.com Froakies
Stunting Stunkys vs Lit af Litleos

Week 3

The Belchsprouts vs The Crystal Onix
Snivy Subterfuge vs Waterless Wynauts
Guerrilla Goletts vs Stunting Stunkys
Gonefroggin.com Froakies vs Lit af Litleos

~MIDSEASON~

Week 4

Waterless Wynauts vs The Belchsprouts
Stunting Stunkys vs The Crystal Onix
Lit af Litleos vs Snivy Subterfuge
Gonefroggin.com Froakies vs Guerrilla Goletts

Week 5

The Belchsprouts vs Stunting Stunkys
Waterless Wynauts vs Lit af Litleos
The Crystal Onix vs Gonefroggin.com Froakies
Snivy Subterfuge vs Guerrilla Goletts

Week 6

Lit af Litleos vs The Belchsprouts
Gonefroggin.com Froakies vs Stunting Stunkys
Guerrilla Goletts vs Waterless Wynauts
Snivy Subterfuge vs The Crystal Onix

Week 7

The Belchsprouts vs Gonefroggin.com Froakies
Lit af Litleos vs Guerrilla Goletts
Stunting Stunkys vs Snivy Subterfuge
Waterless Wynauts vs The Crystal Onix

I'm going to make this very clear now. If you are not funny, do not try to be funny. I will delete posts as I see fit, and macle has full permission to edit posts that are not funny. He has done it before, don't test him. Have fun, but tread carefully.

Here's to a great season!

Last edited:

Conni

katharsis
Coconut, in the signup thread, you say SM LC, XY LC, BW LC, and DPP LC. By XY LC do you mean XY before ORAS came out or the complete ORAS LC?

edit: idk if this is the place to ask questions btw so if theres somewhere I should ask then tell me for future reference !_!

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
Coconut, in the signup thread, you say SM LC, XY LC, BW LC, and DPP LC. By XY LC do you mean XY before ORAS came out or the complete ORAS LC?

edit: idk if this is the place to ask questions btw so if theres somewhere I should ask then tell me for future reference !_!
XY LC is going to be the last iteration of gen 6 LC, so yes ORAS. It's just correct to the naming system that is in place. i.e. BW, not BW2.

and yes this is the place to ask questions like that ig.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Man these team names suck, gone are the days of Murkrow Mafia, Aipom Army, Teenage Mutant Ninja Tirtougas, Deino Unchained, those were some top team names. I'm gonna rank these team names though:

1) Guerrilla Goletts - I like this team name. It makes sense for a team tournament, and has a nice flowing alliteration, whilst incorporating the manager's personality. This is a classic team name. 8/10

2) Gonefroggin.com Froakies - You have to hand it to macle, incorporating his blog into his team name. It's a typical macle thing to do and it actually sounds okay. It also parodies random sports teams that are named after sponsorship deals which is witty. 7/10

3) The Belchsprouts - This is an okay team name, incorporates an LC mon, makes some sort of pun and rolls of the tongue nicely. 6/10

4) Stunting Stunkys - It's a good name, like it has nice alliteration, but does anyone joining LCPL think 'I want to be represented by a fucking Stunky'. 6/10

5) Snivy Subterfuge - Jac's had this name forever and I never really liked it that much. Mainly because 75% of people playing LCPL have had to google what subterfuge means at some point. 5/10

6) Waterless Wynauts - huh? It incorporates the managers name, I get that, but what the fuck is a waterless wynaut? It just doesn't make sense. 4/10

7) Lit af Litleos - cmon OP, Squirtle Squad is an amazing name, and you ditched it to name yourself something starting with 'Lit af'. 3/10

8) Weaboo Wailmers - I just hope I don't get into the weaboo team... 2/10

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello and welcome to the first edition of Serene's BOLD Prediction's!

Without further ado,
  • "Bad matchup, nothing I could do" will become the most popular excuse, overtaking its contemporaries such as "ROFL i was haxed" and "I wasn't motivated tbh". Special shoutouts also go to "I misclicked lol"
  • BW LC will get replaced by Watermelon Bomb at midseason because BW LC is literally the definition of awful.
  • Despite going winless, Meowth will subsequently get nominated to B- in the prestigious viability rankings citing "recent LCPL metagame trends."
  • Gummy will finally learn the typing chart in preparation for her LCPL debut.
  • While the Stunting Stunkys and the Guerrilla Goletts are fighting their hearts out in the finals, The Lit af Litleos and the Weeaboo Wailmers will be duking it out for "Worst team name in the history of LCPL."
  • Indians will get all their wins through hax.
  • Brazilians will get all their losses through hax.
  • Diglett will be suspected again (But will remain LC by a 1 vote margin.)
  • GOAO will get COPPA banned.
  • The Curse Of Rufflet will get unleashed leading all Rufflet users to their doom via Brave Bird misses. However, only the Chosen One, a true believer in the Rufflet faith, will be able to lift the curse and create prosperity and good fortunes for his entire team. Any infidel who attempts to break the curse will be punished severely.
  • Starmaster will NOT quick attack an Omanyte.
  • And oh yeah, Alolan Vulpix will go undefeated n_n

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello and welcome to the first edition of Serene's BOLD Prediction's!

Without further ado,
  • "Bad matchup, nothing I could do" will become the most popular excuse, overtaking its contemporaries such as "ROFL i was haxed" and "I wasn't motivated tbh". Special shoutouts also go to "I misclicked lol"
  • BW LC will get replaced by Watermelon Bomb at midseason because BW LC is literally the definition of awful.
  • Despite going winless, Meowth will subsequently get nominated to B- in the prestigious viability rankings citing "recent LCPL metagame trends."
  • Gummy will finally learn the typing chart in preparation for her LCPL debut.
  • While the Stunting Stunkys and the Guerrilla Goletts are fighting their hearts out in the finals, The Lit af Litleos and the Weeaboo Wailmers will be duking it out for "Worst team name in the history of LCPL."
  • Indians will get all their wins through hax.
  • Brazilians will get all their losses through hax.
  • Diglett will be suspected again (But will remain LC by a 1 vote margin.)
  • GOAO will get COPPA banned.
  • The Curse Of Rufflet will get unleashed leading all Rufflet users to their doom via Brave Bird misses. However, only the Chosen One, a true believer in the Rufflet faith, will be able to lift the curse and create prosperity and good fortunes for his entire team. Any infidel who attempts to break the curse will be punished severely.
  • Starmaster will NOT quick attack an Omanyte.
  • And oh yeah, Alolan Vulpix will go undefeated n_n

Calling BW LC awful has completely invalidated your post. Also, "Brazilians will get all their losses through hax." I think losses is the wrong word.

If you want to try out for the Guerilla Goletts, please PM me or Shrug your resume and cover letter and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Click the above image to join the Weebmers discord! We will be holding tryouts, etc. there so if you are interested in demonstrating LC prowess be sure to join. Be ready to show some relevant replays of you and compose an insulting poem about rssp1.

This was brought up on discord and I figured i'd put it here.

Fuck 6 tier matchups. We had the same format last year and there was a record number of draws. If there are only 6 games then the chance of 1 haxy game changing the weeks result is increased and that really sucks as a player.

If still possible to change things hopefully the managers can discuss this?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You call yourself Drew
It looks like you're a fan of Sandshrew
you created that post to get onto Nineage's crew
and I understand that you gotta do what you gotta do
but couldn't you have done better than that lame-ass haiku?
Not to mention that there have been 107 sign ups in a day already and will probably get a lot more with only 48 starting slots, 40 if managers play

e: i was meant to quote fitzys post

Last edited:
Infpredicts: Predraft Edition

The Belchsprouts - Levi struggles with crippling anime addiction and alcoholism while still managing to keep the Sprouts afloat. This proves untenable in the long term, and after getting off to a hot start, the Sprouts drop every game but the very last in the regular season and just barely inch into the playoffs. Unfortunately their championship hopes come to an end at the hands of the evil Merritty when he hacks the crucial final match of the series and obliterates them with luck.

Gonefroggin.com Froakies - Macle gets distracted from managing by genetically engineering a new superfrog which he believes will come to subjugate humanity and hold man responsible for his crimes against the environment. He manages to create it near the end of the season and the superfrog ghosts them into playoffs. Not even the superfrog, though, can escape the divine justice known as luck and they are eliminated.

Guerrilla Goletts - Shrug abandons Pokemon to move to LA and become a standup comedian. His Netflix special composed entirely of Jared Fogle jokes is released at midseason and becomes known as one of the greatest comedy routines of all time. Meanwhile Quote searches for a replacement but nobody wants to do it. Eventually Vubon is selected to manage the Goletts and he leads his team to a late comeback but it's too little too late and they don't make playoffs.

Lit AF Litleos - OP, it turns out, is actually a Taiwanese 6 year old pretending to be OP, which explains the terrible team name. A worldwide manhunt is started for the real OP but he is never heard from again. The 6 year old is forced at gunpoint to continue managing and posting on the OP account so the authorities can avoid being publicly humiliated.

Snivy Subterfuge - It turns out that Jac is merely a puppet leader for the man behind the throne, Merritty. Merritty, schemer that he is, develops an evil plan to hack PS and SmogTours and make his team get all the luck. Luckily Zarel has Adobe Reader installed and he manages to defeat Merritty in a hacking battle. Humiliated, Merritty travels to Antarctica where he builds a complex fortress from which he will achieve world domination. Jac moves to Iowa and starts a corn farm.

Stunting Stunkys - Sken takes advantage of his good drafting skills to take time off from Pokemon and begin a new fascist regime in Spain. He is defeated and forced to retreat to Almeria, where he must post his lineups and play his games from a cracked iPod Touch. It turns out that he bears a striking resemblance to Giuliano Gemma and conspiracy theories about the immortal actor begin to pop up.

Waterless Wynauts - Melon goes on a week long water fast in protest of the ruthless mutilation of plant genitalia practiced throughout the world. He is rushed to a hospital and they stick an IV up his ass. He tries to cry but he is too dehydrated to make tears so instead he just kinda dry sobs like the girl at the end of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. His team sends him a box of tulips. Rssp1 becomes manager while Melon is in the hospital and he forces everyone to use Rufflet, which goes well until somebody mistakes Rowlet for Rufflet and rssp1 blows their head clean off with a shotgun. He is imprisoned and a weakened Melon is forced to return to managing. The season doesn't go well.

Weeaboo Wailmers - Nineage drafts the greatest squadron of all time and easily wins LCPL. An eternal bond is formed between his teammates and they eventually publish a treatise redefining Pokemon as we know it. Nineage becomes Exalted Ruler of smogon.com and all Wailmers members become millionaires.

THE END :)

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Snivy Subterfuge - It turns out that Jac is merely a puppet leader for the man behind the throne, Merritty. Merritty, schemer that he is, develops an evil plan to hack PS and SmogTours and make his team get all the luck. Luckily Zarel has Adobe Reader installed and he manages to defeat Merritty in a hacking battle. Humiliated, Merritty travels to Antarctica where he builds a complex fortress from which he will achieve world domination. Jac moves to Iowa and starts a corn farm.
I live in a corn state already nigga

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Wynaut Discord

If you're looking to try out for the Wynauts, please play this game a bit and post your highest score in the Discord. I will be basing my draft plans off of the scores I receive, so please help them get out of the tree to go to the market!!

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
I live in a corn state already nigga
I was about to say that I don't know if that's a good thing, but I clicked on your profile and saw we're from the same state lol. I'm from a corn state. :( Also good name change, Nineage. I like it.

Yea that's like guessing McDavid is going to win the Art Ross Trophy. It's not a bold prediction at all it's just a fact.
I'm so glad that someone else watches hockey. All you nerds. -_-

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)