Tournament LCPL 6 - Playoff Tiebreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
also just saying previous lcpl weeks said in the OP follow spl rules for scheduling. That means providing 3 separate times to play. I offered tcr Wednesday during the day, Thursday at any point before I had to play for wcop and Friday night (I was on from 4-9 and received no contact from tcr or a teammate). I understand 4pm certainly isn't night time but 7-9 can certainly be justifiably seen as night time. tcr ignored my messages earlier Thursday and offered to play at 12:37pm which I only saw at 2:30 (I was having lunch) which was right before my wcop game and I then offered to play Friday night or the weekend (now offering 5 days of total availability). In total tcr only offered two days one of which he was too late for and the other we were on at the same time and made no attempt to contact me in any form. I have offered tcr 3 days more than he has and he says there's not one hour he can make work than the hours he didn't contact me last night. Offering two days isn't enough for an activity win by the spl rules and since you said to follow them it certainly can't be here. If anything if tcr can't play in any of the 3 days I've offered today and later now including Monday (6 days total now) I'm the only person here with grounds for activity since I actually followed rules.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
also just saying previous lcpl weeks said in the OP follow spl rules for scheduling. That means providing 3 separate times to play. I offered tcr Wednesday during the day, Thursday at any point before I had to play for wcop and Friday night (I was on from 4-9 and received no contact from tcr or a teammate). I understand 4pm certainly isn't night time but 7-9 can certainly be justifiably seen as night time. tcr ignored my messages earlier Thursday and offered to play at 12:37pm which I only saw at 2:30 (I was having lunch) which was right before my wcop game and I then offered to play Friday night or the weekend (now offering 5 days of total availability). In total tcr only offered two days one of which he was too late for and the other we were on at the same time and made no attempt to contact me in any form. I have offered tcr 3 days more than he has and he says there's not one hour he can make work than the hours he didn't contact me last night. Offering two days isn't enough for an activity win by the spl rules and since you said to follow them it certainly can't be here. If anything if tcr can't play in any of the 3 days I've offered today and later now including Monday (6 days total now) I'm the only person here with grounds for activity since I actually followed rules.
Entirely false. You said "today or tomorrow works for me, or we can do weekend" on wed. Wed obviously didn't work for me or I would have played. Thursday was perfectly fine for me and you still dodged. That it was 2:30 for you is a straight up lie. Unless you lied to me about your time zone? We're both -4 bud, I messaged you at noon and you told me you weren't free not 24 hours after saying you could "all day" on thursday. I didn't press anything then because i figured we could just play today and it wouldn't be an issue, but i can see you're going to be a massive (BAN ME PLEASE) about this and extend until people stop caring about lcpl.

Do you guys seriously not get that if you schedule for a specific time that you should show up at that time? Its not our job to hunt you down to fight during the times you scheduled. Stop being babies. This goes mostly to kingler v mambo since you guys actually had a scheduled time. How can you seriously say "lets fight at 9:30 pst" then not show up to the time and say "i cant play," then request act for it? If the times we had scheduled with yall were so difficult then fucking say so when you schedule them, not 30 minutes to an hour after the fact.

I was maybe 12 minutes late to Friday's time, to which you weren't even on PS. In case you didn't know buddy, matches happen on PS. If we're scheduled to fight, I expect to be able to locate you either on main or on smogtours, of which you were on neither. I'm not going to all the cancer chats you inhabit looking for your ass to play. On thursday I was nowhere near late, i told you I woke up to your messages and messaged you on Smogon. This was at 12:19 PM gmt -4. I got a message 2 hours later saying you couldn't play. Somehow you're available "all day," which according to you is all the way until 4 pm, yet you can't even be bothered to respond on time. Again, I didn't push it because i figured it didn't matter. Didn't know you were a coward scared to battle.

7-9 is certainly nighttime. Thats why I was on PS and ready to play at 8, since you didn't specifically say "lets play at 7-9." I even waited from 8:30 all the way until 11:30 my time waiting for you to play during the night. I still fail to see how this call is in any way favorable to someone who lies about his availablity and his possible time zone, and doesn't show up ready to play on the two days we scheduled.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Messaged star. He said hes available all day so, he has until 3 hours from now to fight. Ill be waiting on PS

Edit: Kingler12345 - Last Thursday at 5:09 PM huh star said he wanted 2 play tcr after because he wanted to decide the series if i won or somethign

yeah verbal agreement from his own teammate that star is johning for a reason. What a fucking lying piece of shit

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
... you're on for 30 minutes the whole week? i'm sorry for missing the time and all but this is pretty ridiculous; hell, i've even seen you on PS twice [edit: obviously I messaged you] and you didn't respond to me. it's my fault for trying to play on my mornings on a whack sleep cycle but you can't seriously be active for 30 minutes the WHOLE WEEK and expect to get an act win. I'm probably one of the easiest people to schedule with considering how active I am.

Mambo im obviously down to reschedule for whenever you wannt but this wasn't an exactly easy time to meet anyway. still lol at requesting activity
It's not that I'm unavailable throughout the week; we specifically agreed to Friday at 9:30pm-10pm my time. I made time for our match and was online at 9:30pm with time to spare. I stayed until 10pm with no response from your team except "he must be sleeping."

I haven't logged onto PS as "Mambo" since I played Jox so, in order to contact me, you must have hunted down an alt of mine and PM'd me while I had a tab open somewhere. I don't just ignore messages, I 100% never got any from you. If you wanted to follow up, PM somewhere that actually saves messages to be seen later (like Smogon VMs).

As for being easy to schedule with, you live on the other side of the clock. I am only available after work and before my plans for the night, a time which happens to fall at the crack of dawn for you. It's understandable that you can't play during my preferred time but it should be equally understandable why I can't play at yours.

I'm out of town until Wednesday of next week, as I said before. We can play our match Wednesday night (hell, let's do 9:30pm again); in fact, I'd rather play the match than have the series be decided by activity. However, I'm not in the wrong here; you missed the time we scheduled for.

Also, just as a note: I'm perfectly fine to wait, I'm not demanding an activity win. I asked for one to be "considered." Let's try to keep this discussion as civil as possible, just reading Star and tcr bickering gave me a headache. If Coconut's content with waiting til Wednesday, we'll play then.

Fair enough Mambo . Like I said though it was kinda silly of me to accept that time... Something like 2 hours after (11:30 PM your time) would be far better.

As for the activity thing: it's an important distinction that you were mentioning it should be considered, but you can see how it'd be annoying for me to see that considering I'm very active every single day and your pockets of availability are hard for me to make (I almost never play during my mornings unless I HAVE to). I've tried pretty damn hard to get this game done lol (the opposite of which would be the only POSSIBLE reason why such a call would be made when there's no deadline).

I would like to thank my team for this wonderful lcpl. Although I ended the season with a record that wasnt my best I really enjoyed being on the snivys. The team always was active and ready to play till the very end. I met many new people and got to talk to some I knew from before as well. I had some of the most fun playing pokemon within this tour and im happy to have made it this far.

Time to do shoutouts.

Jac Merritt || Thank you for drafting me. I'm very grateful that I played 6 times this lcpl and had fun doing so. I am very happy to have had the oppertunity to be on your team and you guys were wonderful managers.

Kurukaito || I am so glad we picked you up at mids. You were a beast my dude. I really hoped you enjoyed your first lcpl and go on to do great things in pkmn.

Finchinator || Great dude. You are a great tours player who I look up to, and im glad you did good in and enjoyed this lcpl. Hope we meet again, was great having you on the team.

Mambo || I'm happy that I got to work with you this lcpl my dude. You were a great teammate and made really cool sm teams. Good luck quiting pokemon, enjoy your life

tcr || Very glad I got to talk to you again and watch you play bw. You were a great player on the team and I hope you have a great time getting high with your newly aquired weeb sword

Alice Kazumi || Great person and great teammate. Glad we bought you at mids, you did great and I hope to be on a team with you in the future. :D~

Hilomilo Drew Gummysaur Joltage Quite Quiet Altariel von Sweep Pikasohn rssp1 therealslap sparktrain Eren.
All cool dudes who were great teammates to me and helped out. Thanks for making this lcpl fun.

I really enjoyed this lcpl, thanks friends.
prkeH0A.png

all I care about now is that the hero wins his finals game.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well… gg Kingler12345. Not how I wanted to end my team’s season but I’m glad we were able to play. Extremely unhappy with my preparation for this match, second-guessed a lot of my techs and it bit me in the ass. RIP Dual Chop. Motivation was low and it showed today. Best of luck to Belchsprouts in the finals, except for Star. And especially to that weak-ass DPPer TheFenderStory, you’re gonna need it homie.

Also, solving some mysteries right now so I’ll leave some LC shoutouts and have a proper send-off.

Shoutout to Jac and Merritt for drafting me. I appreciate the faith and I think I proved what I signed up to prove. I questioned some of the Snivys’ managerial decisions at first but ya’ll locked that shit down after midseason. It payed off and put the underdogs in the playoffs. Hopefully I was worth the 6k or w/e lol.

Rest of my Snivys, peep the Discord. Pleasure teaming with ya’ll.

Shoutout to zf, tcr, Caledrith and fatty. Never expected to develop legitimate friendships online, and ya’ll are sure as hell not the dudes I thought that friendship would be with… but I suppose it takes a village. I think we’re all practically out the door at this point (except for the cousin cuddler) and there’s a solid chance ya’ll don’t even read this but fuck it, I’ve already written this part. Much love and respect. <— This goes for you too, Fiend. Stay real.

Shoutout to Quote and macle. Thank you for not saying a word to me this season. I’m not one to hold grudges but I actually despise two internet users I’ve never even met. Appreciate ya’ll wasting three years of my life, though I suppose now's the time, if ever, to move past it.
Coconut, you get a special mention here too for being a manipulative [insert word that’ll get this post deleted].

Shoutout to the rest of the LC “community” for reminding me why leaving Smogon was the best decision I made on this site. Ya’ll are, and will continue to be, absolutely intolerable. Actually, let’s see… Shrug, Holiday, Rowan, and Berks, ya’ll aren’t included in that. And OP and Melon, ya’ll are alright too.

Oh, and if anyone wants an import of a team I used this season, feel free to PM me. Not going to waste my time with some pretty RMT write-up nonsense. Probably won't want that last team though, huh.

Just gonna run through and @ every user I named. Hoping this is my last post on this site. Deuces.

Last edited:

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Ah well, too bad it's over, was fun while it lasted. Good luck in the finals Belchsprouts.

Shoutouts to Jac for having faith in me to make me his assman. I appreciate the trust, and apologize for any times that I pushed too hard or didn't do well enough. Beyond that you're a great person overall to know and I hope everything goes well for you.

Mambo it's always a shame to see you go, I really enjoyed this chance to be on a team with you again. Definitely the best teammate, can't imagine us having done nearly as well without you. Even if you're no longer around you're still one of the users I think of as really important for LC, and definitely one of the people who kept me around for as long as I've been.

tcr I got to know you a lot better this lcpl and I'm glad I did, you're a cool dude and a genuinely good player who I respect the hell out of. Thanks for all your help.

Finchinator didn't know much about you going into lcpl, learned
Finchinator: hey
Finchinator: im gay

other than that, really solid player, one of the better people in the discord, and it was fun watching you play every week. Best of luck in your various tours (holy shit how many are you doing at once) and hope you'll come back to LC at least once.

Alice Kazumi we made out like a bandit at mids and you were an amazing chance to grab then, you're a fantastic player and I wish we had you sooner.

Kurukaito definitely a surprise to me, I'm really glad that so much of the team vouched for you and we picked you up. Stick around in LC, it's fun to watch you play.

Gummysaur Hilomilo Eren. Quite Quiet Joltage Nozzle Pikasohn therealslap sparktrain ItzViper482 rssp1 Thanks for being a part of the team and your help during the tournament. Sorry that we didn't get to play a lot of you as much as you probably wanted, I kinda regret that we picked up so many people for that reason alone. zf you were officially on the team but you still helped out, so thank you for that.

Oma where did you go come back D:
More seriously, wish you the best with IRL stuff, you're definitely one of the people I miss from the site.

Guess I'll do 1k shoutouts and why the hell do I have 1000 posts what the fuck is wrong with me. In a hide tag so that this doesn't take up the rest of the page.

dsr95 We'll make LC Doubles great, I swear it to you. Thank you for the amazing amount of help you've been with making it actually come together, and you're a great person to talk to in general.

Fiend A lot like Oma you're one of the people who I really respect both as a player and a person. Great and funny guy.

OP you're a cool dude. Not much else to it, you're just genuinely helpful and interesting to talk to. Go win more lc tours thanks you're a good lc player.

Corporal Levi I don't get to talk to you nearly as much as I used to, but you're still one of the friendliest people on the site. Thank you for all your help when I was clueless like I still am.

Rowan Good to see you around again, I've still got that terrible drawing of a torchic you made. I really appreciated what you did as TL and I'm glad you're still around from time to time.

Shrug sometimes you go too deep in wokeness, but normally you're a funny dude and a good player. I look forward to seeing more essays about the nature of mankind in relation to diglett in the inevitable suspect tests.

Heysup apt-get both players I respect a ton, even if one is active and the other not. Thanks Heysup for continuing to stick around and be the best LC player, and thanks apt for showing me misdreavus.

Quote I don't always agree with your decisions as TL, but I do think you're doing the best you can for the tier and I respect that. You're a good guy, I know it hasn't always been easy trying to keep us from doing stupid shit. Also thanks for revealing to me that mayonnaise comes in bags if you want.

Coconut hosting lcpl is usually hellish and it could have gone a lot worse. You can be rude at times but you're reasonable. You're always interesting to talk to, and can be pretty funny when you want.

Infamy i said i'd give you a shoutout so here (you're often legitimately funny but what the hell is with that avatar)

Cheir Glad to see you're kind of back. I really enjoyed talking about mechanics with you way back when, and you're definitely a fun guy. You've done a lot for us on PS, and I really appreciate it.

Nineage phanpy is awful even if it's cute. You're a great programmer and player. Definitely a dedicated person, and one of the more important people in the community imo. Thanks for all your help.

Vileman the best driver who's actually a mod. Really nice guy, thanks for introducing SLAM CLAM back when.

Aerow mad0ka :(

tahu can't believe you made bp yet again but you're still a solid dude. Glad to see you around in the discord.

Berks I don't see you nearly enough for how great a contributor you are. You are the best tutee. You're also good at this game H&MBerkeley and wow are you tall.

Jox your videos are great don't stop making them thanks. Congrats on your lcpl run.

Rest of the LC community and other people I missed - thanks for sticking around and sorry if I forgot to give an individual shoutout to you.

Drew sorry couldn't resist. Thanks for :mathematicalimpossibility: and being on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)