Lead Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are going to follow me with lucario, and waste the turn not attacking - you should have steadfast instead of inner focus and get the speed boost.
True, I was more thinking of Inner Focus leaving open the possibility of non-Follow Me plays because I expect them to read the Follow Me...or if Lucario somehow survives turn one and comes back later in the game and avoids Fake Out. Certainly on turn 1, Steadfast is better, and that probably makes it better overall.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Or you could just go Super Fang -> Brine if you just want to be a dick.
The only things that learn Super Fang and Brine are Huntail, Mew, and Smeargle. Mew is banned and I don't think you'll be getting off a Super Fang and Brine with Smeargle, maybe if you use some kind of Follow Me user. Huntail would be interesting because it gets Swift Swim but with a low HP and Special Defense stat(the defense stat is 105 though thats pretty nice) I don't know if it would work out very well.

Tyler

No Longer Live
won the 1st Smogon VGC Tournament
The only things that learn Super Fang and Brine are Huntail, Mew, and Smeargle. Mew is banned and I don't think you'll be getting off a Super Fang and Brine with Smeargle, maybe if you use some kind of Follow Me user. Huntail would be interesting because it gets Swift Swim but with a low HP and Special Defense stat(the defense stat is 105 though thats pretty nice) I don't know if it would work out very well.
Or you could use a combo of either huntail+ludicolo or smeargle+ludicolo and use superfang and then brine.

Walrein is arguably the best user of the combo. Also, he was almost certainly talking about having 2 pokemon use Super Fang and Brine in the same turn, such as Smeargle followed by Kyogre or Palkia.

Would it deal enough damage to cause a KO? With Super Fang followed by a Brine? It sounds interesting, to say the least.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Walrein is arguably the best user of the combo. Also, he was almost certainly talking about having 2 pokemon use Super Fang and Brine in the same turn, such as Smeargle followed by Kyogre or Palkia.
If you used Super Fang and had a Kyogre or Palkia out with the mon that used Super Fang you most likely wouldn't be needing Brine to finish the mon. I had also forgotten about Walrein but I haven't seen a VGC match with it being used so I don't know if it could actually work.

Would it deal enough damage to cause a KO? With Super Fang followed by a Brine? It sounds interesting, to say the least.
Well Super Fang does 50% of the opponent's HP and Brine's power doubles when the opponent has half of it's HP left and with Rain being pretty common I would think it would do enough.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Mewtwo/Abomasnow is a very effective and consistent lead combination - it's been discussed already in the VGC thread.

Mewtwo normaly wants Life-Orb for Power. Abomasnow may also hold Iron Ball (if the team _really_ fears Iron Ball Groudon) or Occa Berry.

I have an idea for a nice lead combination, but I dont know if its legal. Ill post it if someone tells me that ohko moves are legal in the vgc. if not, just ingnore and delete this post.

EDIT: SWEETNESS!!

ok so here it is.
Machamp @ Leftovers

Ability: No guard
Nature: Impish
-Dynamicpunch
-Protect
-Substitute
-Endure.
Evs:96hp/176def/252spdef

Smeargle @ Salac berry
Ability: Own tempo
Nature: Jolly
-Fissure
-Dark void
-Sheer cold
-Endure
Evs: 252hp/4def/252speed

So the point here is to Keep Machamp alive as long as possible for its ability. Put foes to sleep with Dark Void and Use your 16 ohko moves to own all your opponents. Criticism please?

I believe a faster dugtrio with fissure and focus sash would work best D=
Outside of it, rapidash is the fastest horn driller and kyogre for sheer cold, you may scarf it and sheer cold the other weather counter who may think you will switch without the weather on your side.

I believe a faster dugtrio with fissure and focus sash would work best D=
Outside of it, rapidash is the fastest horn driller and kyogre for sheer cold, you may scarf it and sheer cold the other weather counter who may think you will switch without the weather on your side.
Yeah there are faster options. But I chose smeargle because of his ability to hit everything, but I guess a timid scarfed kyogre would do good. But with all the pressures running around. more pp is good.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I have an idea for a nice lead combination, but I dont know if its legal. Ill post it if someone tells me that ohko moves are legal in the vgc. if not, just ingnore and delete this post.

EDIT: SWEETNESS!!

ok so here it is.
Machamp @ Leftovers

Ability: No guard
Nature: Impish
-Dynamicpunch
-Protect
-Substitute
-Endure.
Evs:96hp/176def/252spdef

Smeargle @ Salac berry
Ability: Own tempo
Nature: Jolly
-Fissure
-Dark void
-Sheer cold
-Endure
Evs: 252hp/4def/252speed

So the point here is to Keep Machamp alive as long as possible for its ability. Put foes to sleep with Dark Void and Use your 16 ohko moves to own all your opponents. Criticism please?
No Guard does not effect your partner, so it's as good as not having a Machamp there.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So it doesnt affect your partner in double battle but it does affect your opponent in single battle?
Yes. No Guard affects the Pokemon that Machamp is attacking along with the Pokemon that is attacking Machamp.

Steadfats won't activate if you use follow me since it goes first. You won't flinch so no speed boost. Inner focus is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)