Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Tyranitar's main goal is to set up Stealth Rock. It also has the moves to threaten other leads such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory with Fire Blast. Stone Edge is a great STAB move to beat enemy Flying Types namely Talonflame and Thundurus. Crunch is to take care of Defogers such as Latias and Latios. The EV spread is to maximize it's bulkiness and Leftovers are for recovery. Sandstream over Unnerve for the side effect of increased Special Defense and the residual damage to the opponent.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Dragonite is my set up sweeper. With one or more Dragon Dances under its belt it is able to sweep through a majority of the metagame. Outrage is its heavy hitting STAB move. Extreme Speed is to help revenge kill Pokemon that may threaten it with Ice Shard or that are faster. I chose Fire Punch over Earthquake because Ferrothorn would wall it and Scizor would set up on it. Multiscale obviously for the bulk and Lum Berry to cure pesky status problems that would stop a sweep in its tracks.

Heracross (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Night Slash
- Facade

With Guts and a Flame Orb Heracross is able to boost its already good attack. It also prevents opponents from paralyzing or putting it to sleep. Jolly nature is to maximize its speed. Close Combat and Megahorn are two incredibly powerful STAB moves that will hit that much harder thanks to Guts. Night Slash is mainly for Gengar. Facade is the final move and with Guts and a Burn it is able to do hit Pokemon hard that do not resist it.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnet Pull is a great ability for trapping Steel Type Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Scizor. It can then out speed them and hit hard with Hidden Power Fire. Flash Cannon is to deal with Fairy Types. (Something nobody had to worry about in Leaf Green.) Volt Switch is a good move for doing some damage before switching out and for scouting. Thunderbolt is just a reliable STAB move but it has to watch out for being locked into it against a Ground Type.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Life Orb is to increase its damage output and to help with revenge killing. Analytic is a good ability for increasing the damage done to a switching Pokemon. Timid Nature allows it to out speed all the Base 110 Pokemon. Which is the standard for speed in OU. Surf is to take out Ground, Rock, and Fire threats. I chose it over Hydro Pump for its accuracy. Ice Beam is for Garchomp, Dragonite, and Landorus. Psyshock is to hit special walls. Finally Rapid Spin is to get rid of annoying entry hazards. Dragonite appreciates having Stealth Rock off the field.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Venusaur makes a pretty hard wall to take down with its great ability, good bulk, and reliable recovery. Thick Fat eliminates two key weakness in Ice and Fire. Chlorophyll before the Mega Evolution in the off chance sun was on the field. Giga Drain, Synthesis, and Leech Seed all combine to provide great recovery. Sludge Bomb is good STAB move and can hit Fairy types hard. Flying and Psychic Types still threaten Venusaur but Tyranitar and Magneton can help ease that pressure.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-195529060

Replays after Suggestions:

Suggestions:

Der Twist: Garchomp over Dragonite, Conkledurr over Heracross

Changes:

Last edited:
I don't understand why you're running a T-Tar and a Dragonite together, you're just setting yourself up for a broken scale. I'd rather advise SD Garchomp as your set-up sweeper since he has way more synergy with T-Tar that Dragonite.
Something else I don't quite get is why you're running Heracross. The only thing it has over Conk with what you're trying to do is check psychics, and even then AV Conk with Knock Off threatens them too, as well as hitting harder and has priority. Conk > Hera. I also wouldn't advise running a mon with a Flame Orb and no Sand immunity, since it'll wear you down way too damn quickly. AV Conk, has recovery, more power, priority, and Guts too to switch in to Will-Os if you want.
Scarf Landorus also does a huge number to your team, as does SD Talonflame once T-Tar falls. I don't know how to fix those really with what we're working with though. Ice Punch on Conk can at least help you check Lando, but aside from that I can't say much. Regardless, I'll leave the sets below. Good luck, man.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Blast

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

I don't understand why you're running a T-Tar and a Dragonite together, you're just setting yourself up for a broken scale. I'd rather advise SD Garchomp as your set-up sweeper since he has way more synergy with T-Tar that Dragonite.
I agree that Garchomp has much better synergy with Tyranitar than with Dragonite. The only thing is that he wasn't available in Leaf Green.

Something else I don't quite get is why you're running Heracross. The only thing it has over Conk with what you're trying to do is check psychics, and even then AV Conk with Knock Off threatens them too, as well as hitting harder and has priority. Conk > Hera. I also wouldn't advise running a mon with a Flame Orb and no Sand immunity, since it'll wear you down way too damn quickly. AV Conk, has recovery, more power, priority, and Guts too to switch in to Will-Os if you want.
Agree again but he wasn't available in Leaf Green.

Scarf Landorus also does a huge number to your team, as does SD Talonflame once T-Tar falls. I don't know how to fix those really with what we're working with though. Ice Punch on Conk can at least help you check Lando, but aside from that I can't say much. Regardless, I'll leave the sets below. Good luck, man.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fire Blast

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
I appreciate your input and taking the time to reply. I can certainly play around with your suggestions on another Team. I've added your suggestions to the OP as well.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)