Leafeon [WIP] [QC: 0/3]

hey QC, this isn't quite finished but I would like to start some conversation on whether Leafeon is viable in OU. All feedback is appreciated :)

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Leaf Blade
move 3: X-Scissor
move 4: Return
item: Life Orb
ability: Chlororphyll
nature: Adamant
evs: 96 Spd / 252 Atk / 160 HP

• Fairly self explanatory
  • Aims to nab a Swords Dance late game and sweep with coverage moves
  • Swords Dance boosts your attack stat to surprising heights, nabbing many OHKOs and 2HKOs
  • Leaf Blade is the main STAB attack, dealing solid damage to anything it hits neutrally
  • X-Scissor surprises pokemon such as Latios and Celebi looking to set up
  • Return is generally the better option in the last slot, hitting things like Volcarona and Salamence for solid neutral damage.
  • Iron Tail can be used in the last slot to hit things like Gengar and Kyurem-B
  • Speed EVs aim to outspeed Scarf Latios, but you may want to run 4 or 8 more as this is a common benchmark for other chloropyhll sweepers
  • Max Attack + Adamant for maximum power
  • The rest of the EVs go into bulk
  • Life Orb is generally the best option for a hold item. if you hate recoil you could run Expert Belt or something else...

[SET]
name: Baton Pass
move 1: Baton Pass
move 2: Swords Dance / Work Up
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Leaf Blade
item: Leftovers
ability: Chlororphyll
nature: Impish
evs: 104 Spd / 252 HP / 154 Def

• Leafeon is gifted with the combination of Chlorophyll + Baton Pass.
  • The idea is to pass as many boosts as you can to your other Sun Sweepers such as Dragonite, Victini, and Darmanitan.
  • Swords Dance if you're passing to physical sweepers, Work Up to mixed sweepers.
  • Substitute is a bonus if you get the pass off.
  • Leaf Blade so that you're not taunt bait and to do some potential damage.
  • EVs to outspeed common Chlorophyll users, rest of the EVs go into bulk.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Have you actually tested these sets in OU? As far as I know there's a lot more cons than pros when using Leafeon in OU, such as being walled completely by Heatran. You have to make a really good case for this one.

Dunno why I would use this over Sawsbuck. Perhaps it would be best to elaborate on this in the OP before 'conversation' takes place?

tehy

Banned deucer.
I'd also like to ask why i'd use this over Leavanny as well, it's got almost everything Leafeon does (less bulk granted) and Stab X-Scissor.

And yeah, that whole Sawsbuck thing. You might start with higher physical bulk and not weak to Mach Punch but even then i'm not really seeing it.

Also, you're not surprising anyone with one of Leavanny's only viable attacking moves (On a physical set, which is the only kind worth using), and you misspelled chlorophyll.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No disrespect, but you should be at the level where you should absolutely know when something is viable or not before posting an analysis. I can understand borderline cases, but Leafeon is extremely bad in OU.

QC REJECTED 2/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)