League Disallowment

Should we be able to start leagues on showdown?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have been on showdown for 6 or so months, and have always been a respectful and helpful member to the community. Well until today. About a week ago, I had the grand idea of starting this league. It would be a league similar to any fantasy sports league. We would hold a draft on a particular day and then take turns picking our Pokemon that would be used on our team. I worked quite hard setting it up, even making a subreddit to constitute as a place where the league could schedule everything. I have so far gained about a third of the 100 necessary members needed. Just today, I was told by a particularly nasty mod that "leagues are not allowed". To me, this is complete and utter bs. No where in the rules does it state that leagues are not allowed, making any thing like that perfectly fine. Also, I have been yelled at for advertising. But advertising on dictionary.com is defined as "the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising." I am not being paid at all to do anything. And it is not like I am linking you to an unknown site. Reddit is one of the most popular websites out there, and it known for its contributions to the pokemon community.

I believe that what I am doing is for the best interest of the community. In only a few days, I already have 30 or so people who are interested in what I am doing. Why can't this be allowed? What is so fundamentally wrong with reddit and leagues that I can't have a tournament? And even more so, why don't the rules state anything about not starting leagues? Please get back to me quickly. I do not hope that all the time I have spent starting this league is wasted.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
In particular, in a dictionary, "especially" means "not necessarily".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)