League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Vladimir is the dumbest fucking champion ever. His sustain is retarded. If you don't have ignite up you have to hide in base and let him farm or he'll rape the fuck out of you. He just raped me as Annie. How do you beat him mid as Annie in solo queue?

...get somebody else to switch lanes with you? That or Executioner's Calling's active. Alternatively, you could get a Tristana player in a party bot, and then have her come mid if you're facing a Vladimir. Her E is essentially a mini-Ignite.

BIG THORNS ELO HELL EXPERIMENT

so everyone is like THORNS YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE IN LOW ELO MAN

DUDE YOU'RE ONLY 1360 WHY SHOULD I LISTEN TO YOU

I GET ALL THESE BAD TEAMS MAN

so i decided to go into low elo myself - i have acquired a 1k elo account from a good friend of mine. the ingame name is StephanieM. i am doing ranked games to see if it is possible for a player of a higher skill level to rise out of 'elo hell'. and before i continue let me tell you that it is possible, and i will do it.

game 1
i solo queued, and was second pick. my captain banned the usual - shaco, kassadin and shen. i don't really think kass is a great ban, since he's so easily countered in lane and people only pick him cause they see him banned often anyway. but anyway i picked olaf and i went up in lane against a wukong. since olaf is overpowered, i pushed him out of lane. he started bitching to his jungle master yi about no ganks. while this happened, the vayne on my team disconnected, and the lee sin jungle started raging in all chat about our team sucking, completely unaware that i was 4/0 at 15 minutes. i spent a long time farming up in top lane. then vayne returned!

after 30 minutes of both teams sucking, i called for a grouped push. however we got aced as i instantly blew up ashe and cassiopeia on the enemy team, yet i allowed master yi to kill everyone else. i started recieving flames from my team. the game went on for a total of 50 minutes, with both teams doing absolutely retarded things (the ahri on my team split off on four occasions, nearly costing us the game at one point). i managed to sell my wriggles for a bloodthirster, and from there i was basically using my team as a distraction while i racked up a nice triple kill to end the game.

BUILD: mercury's treads/randuin's omen/bloodthirster/force of nature/frozen mallet/atma's impaler
SCORE: 24/7/19
TEAMS: olaf/lee sin/ahri/vayne/lux vs wukong/master yi/cassiopeia/ashe/lulu
DISCONNECTS ON MY TEAM: 1
DISCONNECTS ON THE ENEMY TEAM: 0
RAGERS ON MY TEAM: PRESENT
RAGERS ON THE ENEMY TEAM: PRESENT

LESSONS LEARNED
- olaf is really good
- champions that are capable of carrying 1v5 are good choices for solo queue

game 2
for this game i duo queued with ipl's smurf. i was last pick, and they made me jungle so i locked in the free week trundle. unfortunately my internet cut out and i disconnected from the game for the first two minutes. when i came back, the bottom lane was raging at me for not ganking, and ipl got very close to taking out the enemy team's oracles carrier (if only the karthus had used his ultimate!)

my disconnect snowballed to a loss :(

BUILD: mercury's treads/wriggle's lantern/ruby crystal/long sword/heart of gold
SCORE: 1/3/4
TEAMS: trundle/akali/karthus/vayne/taric vs skarner/jax/mordekaiser/ashe/lulu
DISCONNECTS ON MY TEAM: 1
RAGERS ON THE ENEMY TEAM: NOT PRESENT

LESSONS LEARNED
- if you are karthus, make sure you are aware of the enemy team's health in case you can pick up a kill
- try to have good internet

game 3
we duo queued again, and i insisted that my internet was better. the enemy team managed to get kassadin since ipl didn't ban him. we decided that instead of ipl going bot with graves and me going mid with annie, we would swap lanes so i was duo bot with a leona support. despite setting up two early kills for me, she started to do really dumb things like diving by herself (apparently unaware that she could not proc her own passive), engaging when my stun and ultimate were down. i died a lot. however for every death i had, i did manage to kill someone too. the enemy kassadin was shut down by ipl's graves. i grouped with graves and our wukong top, and the three of us pushed the enemy's top and middle inhibitor while our amumu jungle and leona ran like chickens with their heads cut off, feeding six kills in 5 minutes to the enemy team. however with the inhibitors down, we were able to take a baron with me, the wukong, and leona while graves applied pressure to the lanes and amumu kept being useless.

BUILD: sorcerer's shoes/doran's ring/doran's ring/rabadon's deathcap/zhonya's hourglass/blasting wand
SCORE: 10/7/10
TEAMS: annie/leona/graves/wukong/amumu vs sivir/alistar/kassadin/gangplank/trundle
DISCONNECTS ON MY TEAM: 0
RAGERS ON MY TEAM: NOT PRESENT

LESSONS LEARNED
- counter kassadin by switching the lanes
- it's possible to win fights in the enemy's favour if you use aoe ultimates correctly
- ap carries snowball harder than ad carries

game 4
i solo queued this one, i was second pick. standard bans, i tell my captain to ban lee sin cause i hate that nigga. enemy first picks vlad, i laugh my ass off as i lock in ryze. i crush lane, even though it started off with trading kills - ryze snowballs harder in lane than vlad does since his first major item is catalyst whereas vlad's major item in revolver only assists his sustain. our trynd solo gives up fb and continues to feed, but me and the jungle riven pick up two easy kills there in a countergank.

bot lane is surprisingly stagnant despite the enemy support being amumu, though our graves is very potty-mouthed and angry in general. team does a dumb engage near bot tower and almost gets aced thanks to the efforts of the enemy support amumu, but i assert that we can still win. riven and i lead the charge as we systematically take out towers and pick up baron. we ace them with only our janna alive at their inner mid tower, then the enemy surrenders and tells us to report vlad for losing lane <3

BUILD: sorcerer's shoes/tear of the goddess/banshee's veil/frozen heart/rylai's crystal scepter
SCORE: 11/5/12
TEAMS: ryze/tryndamere/riven/graves/janna vs vladimir/gangplank/trundle/ashe/amumu
RAGERS ON THE ENEMY TEAM: PRESENT

LESSONS LEARNED
- ryze hard counters vlad in lane if you buy catalyst before tear
- support heroes aren't limited to the ones commonly played in tournaments
- group for fights when you are strong
- junglers tend to pick on weak lanes - you can set up counterganks if you predict the jungler ganking your weak lane
- don't tell your team what to do - show them what to do

game 5
a friend talked to me and asked me to show him how ranked work. so we duo queued up. he was first pick since he had the nice 1200 elo while i am still sub 1100. i told him the normal bans (ban shaco so he doesn't rape us, ban morgana so our team doesn't suck at her, ban shen because he's an asshole) and he picked riven for top lane. i was last pick and got shoved with jungle mundo, which is not my best jungler but on the smurf account it's the best choice.

things got off to a rocky start when our bot lane gave first blood and started yelling at each other. i ganked top after stealing rammus' red, but my friend forgot to use exhaust in the gank and as a result we both die and singed gets my double buffs. then ashe buys a brutalizer. leona doesn't believe in gp10s and rushes a thornmail. at this point i have my head in my hands, but i farm the jungle anyway. katarina gets dove on by rammus and brand but i come in for the countergank and double kill. with my gold, i buy an oracles and we start to get back into the game when riven gets to farm safer when singed pushes her tower. i set up objectives such as towers, forcing the enemy to focus me for my oracles, but through intelligent play i don't die for the rest of the game.

we start forcing more team fights as katarina works towards her power items. however we get into a bad spot invading their blue, and as a result the enemy team heads for baron. i run in there with only riven and katarina supporting me, we don't manage to steal the baron but the three of us ace the enemy team while ashe pushes lanes down (she doesn't trust us to teamfight). with an inhib down, we systematically wipe out the rest of the towers, but most of us die trying to push the nexus because they engage 4v5. i then spawn, run down the entire map and kill the nexus with 4 people trying to kill me.

BUILD: ninja tabi/heart of gold/frozen mallet/wit's end/aegis of the legion/force of nature
SCORE: 11/3/20
TEAMS: mundo/riven/katarina/ashe/leona vs rammus/singed/brand/graves/alistar

LESSONS LEARNED
- early disadvantages can be overcome, just don't lose sight of what you are supposed to be doing
- superior map control can turn a losing game into a winning one
- baron means nothing if your base is being pushed
- predictable junglers are easy to counter, both in the jungle and in ganks

current kda: 57/25/65
current w/l: 4/1
elo (from a 1040 start): 1091

Vladimir is the dumbest fucking champion ever. His sustain is retarded. If you don't have ignite up you have to hide in base and let him farm or he'll rape the fuck out of you. He just raped me as Annie. How do you beat him mid as Annie in solo queue?
Annie beats vlad early game, because you can trade a helluvalot harder with him, assuming you have stun up.
Pre-hextech revolver you can trade with him if you have stun up
Post-hextech revolver you can trade easily when you have stun up.

As a side note: this kind of goes without saying, but be wary of pool when you're trying to burst him...

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Now, just because the Sion has a Rabadon's and a Deathfire Grasp we can't go assuming he's not going to sell them and go AD late game.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Me, Yeti, Rodan, and Jibaku dunk some beginner bots (along with a random Ahri who did no dunking).

(yes i am a total screenshotting noob)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
RODAN didn't dunk, nooblord. He should uninstall the game and go back to Super Mario.

My first official Leave cos the server shitted out for half the world's population. And it was right at the end of the game anyway, fucking lame. :(

Another sad day of being carried to defeat too much and not making it back to Gold, although I did have one ridiculous victory. Down 2-16 or something like that but I, Graves, am doing rather fine, I'm down bot against Trist and we're just AFK farming with way more CS than everyone else on either team. (And I only have one death, where I was dove as my turret went down and my shit support was too busy not supporting me.) Oh hey, the rest of the enemy team is doing Baron! Umm yeah, they're way ahead that makes sense. Shyvana blind ults in because they destroyed the ward there... and well she was too early. OH HEY THE ENEMY TEAM IS RUNNING AWAY FROM HER FOR NO REASON! So Panth ults in, they steal Baron and kill everyone else on the enemy team! Without a death! Which is even more amazing considering I'm like all of my team's DPS and not there.

Still down by 10+ kills but that showing at Baron, hey maybe this actually is still winnable... Well, turns out the enemy players must have really strong arms because boy did they fucking throw hard. We rotate through the lanes as minions push up and take out various outer turrets with baron buff. Every time we back off to take their buffs or go and push minions up or whatever, we keep randomly catching a couple of them at a time, allowing us to keep on pushing their shit in. We systematically destroy every single one of their buildings en route to a victory where we only broke even in kills seconds before the nexus fell because Riven left the summoner platform and I reamed her before resuming my destruction of said nexus.

For once, feels good man.

also one of my ranked victories tonight was soraka solo top :happybrain:

Is Varus getting released same day though? I thought it was just a sneak peek and if you went to PAX you were lucky to be an early tester

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Varus was not live on the Public Beta Environment server last night when I played, so I don't think they'll be released in the same patch.

Meanwhile, Hecarim was live last night, and he is fun as hell. He goes supah fast and has crazy sustain with his W. Q damage will be underrated because people never understand how low cooldowns work on release.

His ult combined with his E is outstandingly strong (in terms of CC). The ult is basically a charge version of Gragas Ult (with less movement displacement, but it's still there), and the E sends them back a ways too. The two can be combo'd in a way that once level 6, ganks on his lane or from him are almost guaranteed if he ults behind them and E's them back. The E feels like a secondary ultimate since its cooldown is so long. It does get shorter as you level it up, but I'd say at level 5 it's still around a 15 second cooldown.

His W heals for 30% of all damage dealt to enemies within it's AoE at rank 5. Nuff said.

Overall a cool champ.

pookar

Banned deucer.
dude dont talk about throws thorns and co witnessed one of the biggest almost game throws in history last night

turning a 20 min 20-4 kill balance into a 45 minute grindout

with 9/0/17 masteries

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
haha wow

ok so i dled lol last night and have played like five games and im rly not very good and then i came into this thread thinking "hey a4m is my4m my friends there will help me out

uhh"

yeah so i dont understand a single word on this page xD

ps add me im azbot!!

heh, the learning curve is very steep in that game, and i found that leveling 1-10 you'll run into a good chunk of people on alternate ("smurf") accounts that know how to play the game very well and can pretty much 1v5 beginners. don't venture too far away from your turrets during the first few minutes of the game and always try to "last hit" (kill) the small minions as they will give you gold.

haha wow

ok so i dled lol last night and have played like five games and im rly not very good and then i came into this thread thinking "hey a4m is my4m my friends there will help me out

uhh"

yeah so i dont understand a single word on this page xD

ps add me im azbot!!
Like everyone else said, learn to farm minions without pushing the lane (also stay behind your minions lol). At lower champion levels(early game/lane phase) diving an enemy under their tower won't work out very well, and it's fairly easy to escape to your outer towers if you're hurt while farming. Level 11(late game/teamfights) is about the time when champions become stronger than towers, and is when you should try to group up with your team and start hitting the enemy base.

Item build metagame is a little important in LoL, so eventually it'll be helpful to get familiar with the best items in the store for each champion, but for now the recommended items for most champions work. Buy health pots while laning too!

Also the LoL wiki is a great reference guide for anyone, I like to glance at it any time I try a new champion: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also, a good website is LoLPro. It'll help you out with your builds and give you a general idea of what each champ is supposed to be doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)