League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

i've seen that before and it made me more confused than ever

although I have heard that riot can put an 'eleventh player' in big games than basically act as a spectator (think sourcetv). why this isn't available to the player base is beyond me

If LoL was designed from the ground up as a competitive game, it would facilitate access to competitive resources. Like Replays and Observer Mode.

Additionally, all players would be given T3 runes, and all players could play all the champs. Competitive play means that all players are given an equal chance at winning, which means equal access to the champs.

Instead, LoL will remain a game that is casual at heart, but happens to be able to be played competitively.

Additionally, all players would be given T3 runes, and all players could play all the champs. Competitive play means that all players are given an equal chance at winning, which means equal access to the champs.
I want to say something about all players having an equal opportunity for getting all the resources they need, but that sounds like bullshit.

And wish I could +1 your replay app post

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Competitive play means that all players are given an equal chance at winning, which means equal access to the champs.
Yeah, in a competitive game we don't have to catch all the things we are gonna use to battle. Oh wait...

If a game fun and halfway but not totally balanced, competitive players will play it. That's really all it takes, and only after spending countless hours figuring out how to metagame one game do they bitch and moan about having to relearn a new one. No replay, bushes, no denial, these are all excuses.

well we play pokemon as it is given to us, but we do make choices in what is allowed

i can easily think of a competitive league of legends community (ie solomid getting their act together) enforcing rules like no shen, maximum one 'bulky dps' and other stuff that would balance out the game. i'm not saying that shen is uber, nor that bulky dps is overpowered, just as an example.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
No, no banning champions. Unlike Pokemon, the makers of LoL actually give a damn whether or not the game is balanced, and patch it accordingly.

Isn't the competitive gameplay based on banning champions the other team can't use? I haven't hit level 30 yet, but I thought each team got to choose 1 or 2 that neither could use and then they take turns picking champions.

Riot actually patches their games, obviously unlike pokemon, but it's pretty far from balanced. There are several "Overpowered" and "Underpowered" champs in the game, and Riot typically does little to change them after each patch but instead only seems to add new champions. They're certainly trying, though (ie what they did to Ryze), but it'd be nice to see them nerf bulky DPS a considerable amount.

Also, remove Flash!

Hopefully, that 3rd map's gonna come out soon, I need a reason to go back to playing this game often.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Am I gonna be lynched if I were to say that Heal was worse than Flash? I only use Flash on a few champs for positioning purposes, but I aside from support characters I see no offensive merit to heal. It only allows people to survive their own stupidity most of the time.

flash is a really good spell actually. heal's only good for mid solo champs that want to bait people into first blood, and emergency saves from dots

mtr raped as swain. LAZER BIRD meant that every single champion was slowed allowing me to get in range and start my infinite duress. guaranteed kills every time

Yeah, in a competitive game we don't have to catch all the things we are gonna use to battle. Oh wait...

If a game fun and halfway but not totally balanced, competitive players will play it. That's really all it takes, and only after spending countless hours figuring out how to metagame one game do they bitch and moan about having to relearn a new one. No replay, bushes, no denial, these are all excuses.
Dude, competitive Pokemon is played on simulators, where you just type in numbers and get your Pokemon.

And yea, Thorns and I had a really fun game where both of us did well. Swain's "Lazor Bird" refers to his Q skill, which has his Bird shooting a...Laser (I think that's what it is) at an enemy.

I denied the enemy Ezreal at mid and killed him twice, which amused me. I guess he wasn't used to people playing uncharacteristically aggressively, which I knew I could do since I can dodge skillshots and regen more than he can. Knowing both your and the enemy's capabilities is an integral part of laning in LoL.

Lol, I'm not pro, I still make plenty of mistakes. But I have been ranked over 1500 (1509), which makes me better than a lot of people.

Honestly, the skill in LoL comes not from how well you play your champ, but how well you play within your team. For example, let's say that you're ganking an Ezreal, you are Garen, and your buddy is Sion. It's a very difficult gank, so you need to play your cards right. If you were unskilled, you would both use Stun/Silence at the same time. Then, one of the CC's would be wasted, and Ezreal would blink away. If you were good, you would wait 1.3 seconds after Sion's stun to use silence. This prevents Ezreal from blinking, letting both of you use your comboes.

When I played with Thorns yesterday, he was Warwick, a jungling Tanky DPS. I was Swain, a Disabler and Support. WW's ultimate suppresses (a glorified stun) a target for about 2 seconds (EDIT: 1.7 exactly). Swain's W spell is an AoE root that becomes active after a 1-second delay. I would never initiate a gank with the spell, since the enemy could just get out of the delay. I would never use it as Thorns ulted, because that would waste the root. Instead I would count 1 second and then lay it down, which would stunlock the enemy.

The new champion rotation has appeared. I just played a game as Gragas and had a lot of fun with him. Although I'm happy to get the chance to try him, it is going to be very annoying with all the Teemo's running around for the week.

LeBlanc was free two weeks ago, Lux was free two weeks before that. Irelia is free this week. Any bets on Trundle appearing in another two weeks?

just played a game when teammates when 3/17, 4/10, and 3/7

feeders, fml

Veigar is the champ I was playing, and he's insanely fun to play as. His Q spell gives him 1 AP every time you use it to last hit a minion, and once you get the Tear of the Goddess it helps stack mana too. Like other mages, he hits outrageous amounts of AP; I just hit ~640 in a 30 minute game and have almost reached 1000 before. With his "natural combo" of stun/nuke/nuke/nuke plus the deathfire grasp he can do insane amounts of damage to one member of the opponent's team, especially other mage users (His ult deals bonus damage based on the opponent's AP).

The new champion rotation has appeared. I just played a game as Gragas and had a lot of fun with him. Although I'm happy to get the chance to try him, it is going to be very annoying with all the Teemo's running around for the week.
I faced a lot of Teemos going mid, which is lucky for me since I saved enough to buy Heimerdinger

Other than stealth and my dumbassery for not buying vision wards, I find myself out-harassing and last-hitting more minions while being safer than any other champ.

AP Teemo is amazingly fun to play. Run behind the enemy and drop a few mushrooms before a team fight; if your team can successfully push them back to the mushrooms, they're toast. They can also be used as wards, and my favorite thing to do is teleport to them in a bush and gank an enemy.

After the aforementioned game, I lost a game when we were up kills 45-33. Feels bad man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)