League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

had a nice streak of four wins but lost due to a Twitch with 30 cs in the end (i had the most with 100).. got around 1000 IP for those wins though.

I went from -15 W/L to +25 W/L on my normal account just by jungling hardcore with Udyr and Yi. Honestly, though, jungling has its own skillset associated with it, and while it doesn't revolve around reflexes like last-hitting, it DOES revolve around prudence and judgment.

Let's consider a situation for a second: I'm playing Udyr, and you're playing Amumu. Udyr is a far stronger jungler than Amumu. So to exert my dominance over you, I'm going to invade you at Red to try to kill you (I probably wouldn't do something this risky in a real game, but just for example).

But what happens is that my mid is at half health, and your mid is at full health. So as Amumu, you call your Ashe to help, and she comes. I call my Karthus, and he comes. Except the full health Ashe beats my poor Karthus.

And the sad thing is that Karthus' death is entirely my fault for invading when HE was weak.

I just picked up Nunu; this is so true.
Nunu is very fun to play. I enjoy jungling with Nunu (his Q skill is awesome for this) since it allows my allies to farm faster, and with Ice Ball, Lizard Buff and Blood Boil it is fairly easy to gank the opponent. I played a game a little while ago, and was ridiculed by my team for jungling as Nunu. I then went ~15/3/19 in a losing effort, but at least gave my team a decent chance to win.

the problem with free teemo week is that sometimes you run into someone who actually knows how to play teemo but you don't take him seriously because it's likely he's one of the 10000 feedmos that pop up in free teemo week and then he gets 10 kills and a bloodthirster in half an hour

i'm espeically bad with vladimir, i often resort to using q and e to salvage last hits because i don't like his attack animation. this ends up in me pushing the lane and forcing myself to pool often because i overextend
As a beginner Vlad, I'm of the opinion that that's what you should be doing with Q and E. I get one rank in Tides at level 4 for last hitting en masse.

It also occurred to me in the last game I played as Vlad that Empowered stacks also enhance healing effects like health pots and Transfusion. Good god, I'm slow.

Played a 57 minute or something game as Ashe, the other team had a GP and was critting us for 1.6K with Parrrley. The other team's Akali kept saying "get at me 1v1" all the time. Other team's Alistar pretty much owned. I got two double kills in less than a minute (grr, if I was faster that could've been a penta), then died four times, then turned around and got PD and Black Cleaver and pretty much shut them down. Ulted to kill tower divers, aced Alistar (I don't know why the situation even came up, but) and killed Akali and someone else in 1v2s on a regular basis. We had the game wrapped up at the beginning, then we nearly lost, then came back and one. One hella long game, and my mom staring at me because she wanted me off the computer didn't make it any easier.

quite possibly the most intense game i have ever played. my score suggests that of a feeder but late game, my role was basically to ult into their towers and take them down, which led to me getting killed shortly after. this didn't matter though, since everybody already had their items and 'feeding' was a non-factor

so yeah, 14 buildings destroyed. if you understand what late game with tfs on both teams is like, it's basically waiting for one team to push so tf can ult into the nexus and destroy it. the other tf always beat me one on one, not because he was better, but because he got the jump on me with his ult. he was obsessed with this, but in the end it didn't matter because i always got the job done. i singlehandedly destroyed their base once their team was fighting mine. good times.

props to our kassadin for raping their pantheon so hard he didnt have the balls to ult our base
props to our rammus for being the better rammus
props to our tris for right clicking and destroying
props to our xin for farming all game and not doing anything

yeah we told him that multiple times but he did not take heed. to be fair he only bought the last three deathcaps near the end

i don't know what you mean by that, but unique effects do not stack. for example, you can stack the hp and armor from a sunfire cape, but the damage effect doesn't stack. you can stack the armor from a thornmail, but the autoattack reflect doesn't stack.

and the reason why most rammus builds are similar is because there are a few items that are always 'core' on a certain champion. for example, every warwick will get a madred's bloodrazor, but some will buy an infinity edge, whereas others will grab a guardian angel. it all depends on your team, the enemy team, and the gamestate. our rammus bought frozen heart because he found himself taunting jax and teemo a fair bit, and lessening the damage on himself would greatly increase his tanking capabilities. their rammus bought a warmog's because i was bursting his health down in the laning phase, where health matters the most

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Regardless of whether or not the builds were terrible that Kassadin would take them all down since none of them even bothered to get Banshee's Veil. Seriously that is so retarded haha. Not even the tanks got a Banshee's despite everyone shitting on everyone.

Banshee's Veil is probably the best item in the game, it's great even on manaless champs.

Anyways, I was saving for Jarvan, but decided on a whim to finish my set of Movespeed Quints. It's fun running around with Pantheon at 355 movespeed even with no boots.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Too bad Kassadin can only kill one person at a time then be useless for a while, even with all that AP. Force Pulse is really his only useful spell in my opinion. Cool champion, but not that good for the team-fight focused meta-game in League.

Meanwhile, Youmuu's Ghostblade's active doesn't proc for ranged standard attacks, so there it's really dead-weight on a champ like TF.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Kassadin just seems like a failed concept to me. Nether Blade is the only ability I know of that is entirely skipped by most players as much as possible, though it combined with his passive really suggest that he should be getting some dps action. A dps character would definitely like his slow and his kiting. But he's just too weak in that aspect and too strong when it comes to putting ap into his abilities. I think he needs a reshuffling like Ryze got (which made Ryze totally awesome, by the way).

just played Soraka and that was awful.. I ended up 3/2/7 (we lost), but I felt so useless the whole game through (which was like 23 mins because everyone but me gave up)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I bought Soraka after the first time I played her. The goal isn't more kills, but less deaths. I can be a really squirrely fucker between starfall and the silence, and of course getting assists from anywhere is always nice. But yeah, support is fun, Soraka is pretty cool but Sona is the bomb.

in my last game our Soraka got a killing spree... true story. Went 6/2/17, made me lol.

I also played with an awesome Kassadin, but it was probably the fact that he laned with feeders which propelled him to go something like 12/0/10.

In the EU, Soraka is popular even at top levels of play. I remember SKG using her in the World Finals against CLG. As for the US, it always preferred Taric for a healer.

Kassadin tends to be a risky pick that requires both an excellent player and a squishy enemy team to succeed. If you're playing him against one of those 4 tank teams or whatever, you'll suffer. Also, another problem is that Kassadin needs a solo lane while being a poor solo laner until level 6.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
So I'm writing up a Maokai guide for MOBAfire in hopes that through education I can use him to get out of ELO hell with my friend, because too many times someone has said, "I'm just going to afk, we can't win with tree." So if I force people to play him well perhaps he'll be realized for the great champion that he is.

I'll put it up when my friend and I are finished (Doing a dual guide, as we both came up with the build through many tests). We're currently maybe half-way through, after only starting actual work today. It's really rough and I'm not looking forward and reading through it to try and find the sections that are stream of thought paragraphs and make sense to me, but don't make sense to others.

Also, for god's sake, people need to stop calling him "tree." D:

LoL is a great game! Just can't stand the cartoony graphics.
Anyone here play LoL but also play HoN? Their thoughts on the two?
I prefer HoN because it is more fast pace, and imo, the graphics are better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)