League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I downloaded the PBE but I can't get the download of the client itself to start. Help?
Same here, it seems to have to redownload the patches every time I load it up, which takes like half an hour to sometimes 2 hours. Do we have to save the client in like a separate folder or something?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Try running the lol.launcher.admin file instead, lol.launcher for PBE doesn't work for me.

Yes you should have the PBE client in a different folder than the live version.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So apparently MagicMaster87 is the only person in this thread who isn't a complete killjoy. I'm gonna go ahead and award him all the prizes for humoring me. MM, lemme know who you want me to draw you with and what type of game key you want.

Just lost two placement matches in a row - stopping for the night, since I know when I'm on tilt.

I'm 3-3 now, I believe, and probably hovering around 1500. I'm maining Irelia season 3 when I can, and I'm having trouble with three matchups right now - Jax, Darius, and Singed. I've been watching VODs of players winning their matchups and trying to see what to do aside from "nag your jungler to camp top" and so far, the answer seems to be "try to beat them early or you're fucked" in all three cases. What happened in the last two games is that I would fall behind early, then freeze the lane at tower and get either towerdove by their jungler or just straight-up towerdove by the laner.

I'm confident with just about every other matchup that I've played so far, though.

u dont win against darius or jax. they will kil u

and for singed if u fel behind early at all for w/e reason only ur jungler can reverse that mess (its the fastst anyways), or else you have to do sum heavy.heavy outplays, get wits end and wads and wads of health or moderate health+lifesteal item. even if u catch up without jungler u wont ever go back to super dominant like u couldve from using early game adv. the lane success is permanant unles ur jungler luvs u and camps singed all game

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've heard that an aggressive Irelia can beat Darius early, and if you get some kills you might be able to snowball the lane.

I think you're fucked vs. Jax or Singed though.

What do you guys recommend for learning champion matchups and counterpicks for ranked/draft? I didn't do ranked this season but I feel like I might give it a shot in season 3; however, I know basically nothing about which champion should beat which champion in any lane. Someone mentioned a website some-odd pages back but some of you seemed not to like it and I cba to go searching every page until I find it right now anyways.

So apparently MagicMaster87 is the only person in this thread who isn't a complete killjoy. I'm gonna go ahead and award him all the prizes for humoring me. MM, lemme know who you want me to draw you with and what type of game key you want.
Sorry nobody took an interest in your contest, I thought it was a fun way to try and play your best for a while. I actually already have keys to both games, so I guess you can just give it to whoever wants it. I'll gladly take a picture of Maokai, though!

Finally I am out of elo hell, thank you nautilus op. it was enjoyable playing a 40 min game that didnt involve a feeder, afker or generally someone who should still be playing normal games.

New World Order

Licks Toads
I think the problem is that 3 games=2 hours. Very few people can play 2 hours every day for 5 days straight. If it had been like 15 games within 5 days, you would've gotten a lot more participation.

I think the problem is that 3 games=2 hours. Very few people can play 2 hours every day for 5 days straight. If it had been like 15 games within 5 days, you would've gotten a lot more participation.
yeah this was my problem, i actually really liked the idea but i don't manage 3 days a day that often :(

Finally I am out of elo hell, thank you nautilus op. it was enjoyable playing a 40 min game that didnt involve a feeder, afker or generally someone who should still be playing normal games.
As someone who's played in whatever my normal elo is, 1000s, 1100s, and most recently 1200s thanks to my last second climb, I can tell you this:

Every ELO is ELO hell. At every elo, there will be bads, trolls, and afks. I know I "quit" this game for about a week because of them a few months ago. Then my IRL friends started asking me why I was never on to play normals with them, and I got dragged back in. Now I'm just playing normals until all of the bads and platinums get sorted back to where they belong.

While I'm here, before the ELO reset I was playing Tristana a lot as my ADC with about a 55% win ratio. A lot of times when I picked her everyone on my team would go "why not graves" or "why not corki", and then they would either

a. dodge (40%)
b. troll me (10%)
c. have their jaws hit the floor when I carry (50%)

Do you guys think Tristana will be any better next season? Seems like she's getting a lot of indirect nerfs with Frozen Fist, nerfed Phantom Dancer, Runaan's Hurricane and Sword of the Divine which are much better on say, Kog'Maw or Varus then they are on Tristana, and across-the-board lifesteal nerfs.

I really hope Trist doesn't fall back into the realm of "troll pick" that she was when I started, she was just starting to become a legitimate ADC pick when Season 3 released. And now, she'll just end up as a traditional crit chance+lifesteal carry in the meta of AOE on-hit carries. She'll just be out of place-why DPS one person really fast when you can kill their ENTIRE TEAM really fast?

idk, I've tried AP Trist before, it only works when I'm grouped up with my less then 200 normal wins friends. And even then, I went 8-1 in lane and then ended 8-7 because my friends went a combined 0-16 in bot lane.

I'll be sure to try it when Season 3 starts on Live, my PBE account got killed because I didn't give enough feedback >_>

New World Order

Licks Toads
I play great as Rumble (undefeated in normals with him :D), Cho'Gath, Malphite, J4, and Wukong top. I play great as Lux, Ryze, and Cho'Gath mid. I'm also pretty decent at Malphite and Maokai jungle. But whenever I get forced to play bot lane, I end up feeding. Can anyone suggest any AD carries/supports that might fit my playstyle before I make a fool of myself in ranked?

I play great as Rumble (undefeated in normals with him :D), Cho'Gath, Malphite, J4, and Wukong top. I play great as Lux, Ryze, and Cho'Gath mid. I'm also pretty decent at Malphite and Maokai jungle. But whenever I get forced to play bot lane, I end up feeding. Can anyone suggest any AD carries/supports that might fit my playstyle before I make a fool of myself in ranked?
Yeah, Rumble's great.

For a good support, I'd suggest Janna. You seem to have a lot of characters who are really the "playmakers" for their team-they don't have the best DPS, they aren't the tankiest mofos out there, but they make shit happen. Janna is great for that-her kit is basically this toolbox of CC, shields, and heals, and combined with Flash+Heal/Exhaust/CV, you can really carry even though you're not playing a damage dealing role.

For a carry, Kog'Maw and Varus both look like they're gonna be top tier next season with the new items, even if they aren't that popular right now. Plus, with Kog'maw you can just farm and farm and farm, and singlehandedly win games even if you fed early. (ask Obbmud about how that works...lol)

ELO hell is no ELO, in reality the "bads" are just people around your ELO having a bad game.
Only elo hell is placement matches!

Sometimes I am just amazed at how bad people I play normals against are, but then I'm like, 'ehh, they're at my normal elo so what does that say about me...?' Then I'm like, 'BUT WAIT NORMAL MATCHMAKING WITH PREMADES IS SO SCREWY ESPECIALLY WITH THE LATEST CHANGES'. And then I'm like 'awww, fuck it, Nashor's Tooth into WotA TF who ults 1v4 into the enemy team bot while we're trying to sneak baron is bad no matter what elo you're playing at'.*

*We carried him hard.

**Ranked elo hell is a dumb concept too, even with the more sensible matchmaking and the fact people are either inebriated/trolling or tryharding.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
so ive decided to restart my marathon

current progress: 2 champs done

game 1 - graves (16/6/8), ad carry on purple side is hard/laning against blitz is also hard (win)
game 2 - mundo (2/6/3), do not stack armor vs talon - he will rush last whisper (loss)
game 3 - fiora

what the fuck

Supports: Try Zyra if you're a good Lux player. Fiddles too.
AD Carries: Maybe Varus? Vayne?

People who actually play Varus/Vayne should check me on that. As for Zyra, main thing to note is that her root should be second nature to a Lux player. Just remember to go R-E-W-Q when supporting (unlike mid, which is R-Q-E-W.) Fiddles...I don't play him too often, but he does have poke, zoning, objective control (drain) and CC.

I second Tortferngatr's recommendation of Zyra support. If you're a good Lux player, Zyra isn't that far off - just more micro-intensive.

In terms of easy supports, Soraka and Nunu are simple to the point where it's almost brainless. With the former, just spam your skills as needed and with the latter, just keep Blood Boil up and spam Ice Blasts whenever you get in range. They're also both very cheap.

Taric and Sona aren't very difficult either. If you want to learn support, then Zyra is similar to roles you've already played while Raka/Nunu/Taric/Sona are easy to pick up.

ADC, on the other hand, varies from person to person. You're probably going to want an easy champion to learn, so I'd recommend Corki. He plays almost like a caster early on, primarily harassing with his Q and almost never using his other skills apart from full on commitment. He has a very safe escape spell, farms easily, has high burst, and transitions extremely well into mid and late game.

Vayne is very micro-intensive so I don't know if you want to try her out. Varus generally isn't as strong as other AD carries at the moment.

My recommendation is Corki. In terms of bot lane, I'd stay away from Draven / Leona / Blitzcrank / etc entirely - you're trying to learn how to play the lane, not a champion.

It seems New World Order really likes bully/pressure type of champions

For ADC:
-MF: Queen of AD bullying. Dishes out lots of harass in lane from Q+E. She trades well because of healing debuff+ auto attack reset coupled with her ability to semi kite with passive. She can get mana intensive so with Soraka lane is favourable.
-Caitlyn: A lot of people dislike Caitlyn due to the fact her ult is subpar and she has no steroids for late game but her zoning (from ranged+traps) + bullying in lane makes up for it. Don't forget her auto attack speed; if you are good at 'stutterstepping' you can play a lot like MF.
-Graves: Plays a lot like ad caster in laning phase and kinda transitions to right clicker (but his spells still relevant). He has a lot of damage with burst and is tanky+easy to learn.

All three of these are generally easy to pick up and learn, MF probably the hardest due to her not having quick escape skill.

Agreed with Jebus and Renosaur. Corki and MF are fantastic recommendations. Caitlyn and Graves aren't bad recommendations, either; they're generally good recommendations for anyone looking to learn ADC due to their simplicity, forgivingness, and all-around strength in lane. (MF and Corki are PARTICULARLY forgiving.) While someone who likes Malphite might like to play Leona eventually, I never advise Leona to be someone's first support if they don't already play bot lane, because the trick to Leona isn't hitting your Zenith Blade (easy), it's knowing how and when to go in, it's understanding zoning and the pace/flow of the lane, which is something you pick up by experience playing in the lane as general. Once you have that experience then it gives you a solid foundation for playing kill lanes.

Support Zyra is also a kill lane with immense poke and range elements (meaning it's a more forgiving kill lane than Leona because you snare them from huge range rather than jumping directly into them with no escapes, and because you can play defensively), and the other thing is you could also learn her as an AP carry, since you play Lux, so I second that recommendation. I don't think you would enjoy Soraka or Nunu but that's because I think they're boring as hell; I think you'd like more aggressive, pokey supports, and while Sona might be faceroll, playing her aggressively, zoning with her, and poking is really enjoyable for me. I also think you would like Lulu a lot, although she has a higher skill floor than the supports Jebus listed, for similar reasons. She's a very fun champion with a lot of poke and range. I think if you like Maokai or Cho'Gath then you might like Lulu quite a lot. (I do main Sona and Lulu and am actually picking up Zyra, so I might be biased, but I play them for those reasons, so I think I'm qualified to offer this opinion?) Soraka is very useful to know for ranked, but anyone can play her, so don't worry too much about it. You can play Lux as a support although opinions on its effectiveness vary and you might get people mad at you for playing it in ranked, whereas almost nobody is going to object to support Zyra, since it's very established. It's also a nice ambiguous pick, since they don't know if you're going to play mid Zyra or support Zyra if you pick it before the other role is picked.

I think someone who likes all-in bruisers like you do would definitely come to love Leona, but learn some of those supports before trying her, unless you want a string of very discouraging, unfun games because you don't know how bot lane works. ;p

PS: I think MF Soraka is not a great lane -- sorry, Renosaur! MF works best with champions who can support her aggression and bully the lane hard. Soraka is not a good bully and MF wins trades through right-clicking with w on. The ult mana cost was buffed awhile ago, if you don't spam Make it Rain and use Double Up to cs every wave, preserving mana for trades, then I wouldn't worry about it. Soraka Corki is a fantastic lane though. Corki does a lot of magic damage so Starcall's MR shred is very welcome, and because when he's bursting them down constantly he's VERY mana-intensive, unlike Miss Fortune, so Soraka gives him an infinite damage engine. Corki has his own escape too, so he doesn't need Soraka to help him there.

I think the best support for Miss Fortune is Sona because of their ult combination and the fact that Sona plays very aggressively and pokes hard with massive early burst. They win lane super hard together. I think Nami will be a fantastic support for Miss Fortune as well; I think MF is one of the best carries for Nami because of their ult combination, Nami's CC setting up easy kills, and Nami's incredible E steroid working so well with MF's. I've been playing a lot of MF/Lulu lately as well, playing it like an MF Sona lane with lots of peel for MF, who needs it because of her lack of escape and mobility in teamfights (it's a hard to gank lane as well, hell, don't even put a point in Make it Rain when Lulu has Glitterlance). MF works well in kill lanes as well. I think a passive support is very wasted with Miss Fortune and Soraka doesn't really have much to offer her, since she is not that mana hungry and MF actually has quite good base stats, meaning Soraka's armour buff isn't even that fantastic when you compare it to what the supports I listed offer. I also think that while MF is a great all-around lane-bully AD, comps that make the best use of her have a lot of AoE CC (her ult actually does a lot of damage after lane, but not if you have no AoE CC), which is why champs like Sona and Nami are great with her 'cause they do the wombos.

Source: The AD I play with can't play anything but Miss Fortune and Corki, maybe Caitlyn on a good day, so probably like 2/3 of the normal games I've ever played are in Miss Fortune lanes.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
game 4 - tristana (1/3/1), windows update zzz (loss)
game 5 - ashe (8/3/17), i really need to last hit better (won)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)