League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
If you lose a game where you're 30 kills up, concentrated in a CC-heavy tank and a ranged AD carry, you probably did something wrong.

If you have friends to play with - League is so much more fun when you're in a skype call with someone than when you're flying solo praying that you get decent teammates.

The game is a lot more interesting when you're playing as a team and playing seriously, or even just joking around with some funny 5 man tp comp. IDK league is such a team game nowadays that it's not nearly as fun when you can't talk to ppl/have people you know to play with.

(and that's without talking about the direction riot has taken league - even though i hate how dumb some of the reworks/new champs are - looking at you vlad and kled, things like that are manageable for me if I just play with people I know!)

anyone else only playing to avoid relegation here?

I feel like I haven't had a fun league game in 6 months, but goddammit I earned these rewards and playing 1 game a month is worth being able to keep them even if I never play again after S6

I still love the game but between Overwatch/Other games, work, and social life stuff; I just don't have as much time to play it as I used to.

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
idk he synergizes with bloodrazor pretty well, and he doesn't have to deal with other laners

on the other hand, not sure how fast or healthy he clears, but i imagine he's easy to invade for most junglers

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are your guys's thoughts on worlds group stages? Who do you think is going to make it through?

Personally after seeing c9's group, I kinda lost hope of them making it out (its top 2 right?) I believe that TSM has a good chance to make it through, and that g2 is probably the only EU team that has a chance. Should be pretty interesting to see if the chinese teams fail hard this year again, i still see them being fairly good beating out most western teams

Cloud9 should make it out of their group; LMS looks worse than usual and I May much worse than RNG and EDG (if RNG pulls out of their slump).

TSM has a tough group, but RNG is slumping. There's a realistic chance that any two of TSM, RNG, SSG make it out of the group.

CLG has no chance.

C9 is making it out, SKT is not

Group D is interesting, TSM are a safe bet to make it out and SSG/RNG should battle it out for the second one with outside shot for Splyce upset

ROX/G2 and EDG/H2K are too obvious

I think Groups B and D are a bit harder to call than you are giving them credit for. SKT, Flash Wolves, and C9 are all quality teams that can make it out no problem. Same goes for TSM/RNG/SSG, all three are pretty top caliber teams at the moment and Splyce can certainly shake up the standings with a random upset or 2.

AHQ is always underrated, I picked them making it out of groups over H2K (though i get the hype around H2K). They've been showing up and doing well, especially in worlds games.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't see SKT making it out when they're starting 0-2 by default and playing 4v5 every game, sorry.
Can you enlighten me on this? I haven't seriously kept up with LCK in a good while and just assumed that they were still super super good (like i know smeb left and theyre rotating bengi and blank depending on team comp). Why would they be playing 4v5, and why would they start 0-2?

tcr edit: yah i meant marin idk why i thought smeb >.<

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)