League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey guys what do you think about Fizz right now? Fizz is notorious for his troll pole bullshit and huge amounts of burst. In theory there is counterplay, but I was playing against a Fizz who apart from being able to burst any non tanks on my team, was able to tank damage extremely well. He had Thunderlords and no defensive masteries while his runes were 6 X +1.33 health per level yellows, 3 X +1 armor yellows, and 9 X +1.34 magic resist blues along general offensive runes. He built no resists, and despite that Oriana was barely able to hurt him while Karma Qs did nothing. He would also tae no damage from turrets. Is this normal?

What do you guys think?
Link to the match details? Either he was really ahead, you guys were using everything when he still hadnt used E, or you didnt have any damage.

Fizz is just ok nowadays, he's very strong when ahead and weak when behind.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
Well I was put in one of the most humbling experiences I've ever had playing league of legends.

Queue up with my silver ranked team and lo ad behold, we faced a Diamond 1 lee sin. Nothing too out of the ordinary regarding soloq rank, but upon further inspection I realized he was on a challenger ranked 5v5 team.

needless to say my team with 2 plats at the highest rank got our butts beat and I was the root of the problem. I simply straight up got outplayed. His mechanics were absolutely out of this world and it was an opponent I physically could not have beaten.

Realizing how long of a way I have to go to get to plat/diamond/whatever didn't even discourage me like I thought I was. I wasn't "inspired to be the best lee sin main in the existence of the world" or discouraged out of my mind by that game. It actually sorta just inspired me to get better at my role, gave me sort of a second wind.

Also the mechanical skill of a challenger lee sin, 5v5s or not, is far above anything you guys can do and it was a joy to see.

Moral of story: fought a challenger guy and lost but at least i saw how a great player actually plays and riot matchmaking ftw n_n

btw if you want his stats and want to see a game where i got crushed
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Kinoscorpia
http://www.sain.gg/#teams he's a substitute.

Fizz is a dumb champ, that's just the way it is. He's a chore to play against but if you don't give him kills he'll fall behind, Fizz players always have awful CS, even in the game you linked he had 102 in 36 minutes which is honestly embarassing even for a melee midlane champ.

Also lol at that Poppy build, that is how you manage to do less damage than Shen lmao.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
With league seasons starting back up this week Draftkings is now doing league for every region. If you have a disposable income I suggest you play with me :) they have some pretty soft pricing this week for the EU LCS. make mad guap for watching LCS!!

Link to league of legends stuff https://www.draftkings.com/lobby#/LOL/0/All

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Jhin looks really cool, I hope his VO is actually amazing tho, otherwise I'm going to be really disappointed. I absolutely love his entire "theme" of crazy gunwielding artists

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Jibaku said:
I mean it already happened
yea but now there's more than 1 so it's not just a fluke

although i will say riot really thought outside the box with jhin - he has a FOUR hit passive

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yea but now there's more than 1 so it's not just a fluke

although i will say riot really thought outside the box with jhin - he has a FOUR hit passive
he has two passives, actually. One is the 4 hit guaranteed crit and apparantly the other is on the killing blow a flower blooms on the corpse and detonates after a period of time. So like a stationary kogmaw passive i think

riotgypsy posted that in the comments iirc
gypsylord said:
The reveal is missing something that got locked in too late for localization.
Beauty in Death - Killing blows spawn a blooming flower on the corpse that reveals and slows enemies nearby before detonating for damage.

gypsylord - about an hour ago

he has two passives, actually. One is the 4 hit guaranteed crit and apparantly the other is on the killing blow a flower blooms on the corpse and detonates after a period of time. So like a stationary kogmaw passive i think

riotgypsy posted that in the comments iirc
no, he has like 8 passives

his regular passive has like 6 parts, the flower thing, and a passive on his w

Lavos

Banned deucer.
what the fuck is this new champion LOL

so riot hypes up some virtuoso concept where jhin is like an artist and makes death pretty and all that shit. but LOOK AT HIS ABILITIES WHAT

passive: 4 hits instead of 3, the champ designers riot pulled from kindergarten are learning to count! also when he kills you he draws a flower. wow.
q: jhin throws a grenade filled with mexican jumping beans. artsy.
w: jhin shoots far and runs fast. such picasso.
e: jhin cosplays teemo. better nerf sweeping lens.
r: jhin shoots far and doesn't run fast.

EVEN THE NAME. Jhin. It's Tahm fucking Kench all over again. I think any possible spelling of that name would have been far cooler than JHIN. Jinn. Jynn. Jinh. Djin. Anything.

I hope this champ is dogshit so I only have to see it for the next week of my meaningless existence. Yet knowing riot they'll make sure Jhin is OP as fuck until the Skin Bundle sales start slowing, like they do with literally every new champ.

On the bright side, no dashes, no blinks, and no fucking targeted instantaneous crowd control. But remember, Rengar is broken!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
friendly reminder that rengar's passive/ult jump is technically a dash and his bola is pretty instantaneous from point-blank range - not that it matters when he 2-shots you

sorry if I'm coming across as a little salty but I just played a game as amumu where my options were "ult to win the teamfight and watch rengar's devastate your anus followed by everyone else on your team" or "save the ult for rengar and get reamed by kindred/velkoz because you had to waste your entire kit to avoid getting wiped by one guy"

once again might I remind you that a champion is not balanced if the counter to that champion is "build an entire teamcomp solely designed not to get assassinated by that champion" - in what universe does that constitute a champ that is healthy for the game?

but yea let's complain about dashes even though mobility creep has been an integral part of the game ever since fucking riven was released

Lavos

Banned deucer.
friendly reminder that rengar's passive/ult jump is technically a dash and his bola is pretty instantaneous from point-blank range - not that it matters when he 2-shots you

sorry if I'm coming across as a little salty but I just played a game as amumu where my options were "ult to win the teamfight and watch rengar's devastate your anus followed by everyone else on your team" or "save the ult for rengar and get reamed by kindred/velkoz because you had to waste your entire kit to avoid getting wiped by one guy"

once again might I remind you that a champion is not balanced if the counter to that champion is "build an entire teamcomp solely designed not to get assassinated by that champion" - in what universe does that constitute a champ that is healthy for the game?

but yea let's complain about dashes even though mobility creep has been an integral part of the game ever since fucking riven was released
if rengar's fed enough to wipe your mid+adc+support in one go, you deserve to lose. you'd get similarly fucked by any other fed assassin.

the mobility comment was aimed at people who pick immobile champions and then complain about BabyRage NO BabyRage COUNTERPLAY BabyRage

tell your mid laner to get a zhonyas and keep diving that backline, or get your support (who i pray to god has some form of crowd control) to stay on top of the ad in teamfights and dump the cc on rengar once he leaps. most rengar players don't build qss

I can't group and can't pink / Where's Rengar's counterplay? / And how did you know / I'm from NA?

Last edited:
I am not sure how a slow-attacking AD carry is supposed to carry.

It's plausible that Jhin's autos could one-hit squishy targets (and he is intended to be very high damage) but I can hear the community howling about that already.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
The problem with Rengar are the stupid changes to vision.

Just watched the first match of Afreeca vs KT, and oh my god was it bad. The teams took the outer turrets by minute 5 and then didnt do anything till minute 30 because they didnt have vision, and they were just waiting for waves to reach their inner turrets, clear them, go back to base, rinse and repeat.

It's funny because Riot changed the vision system to ''make it more accesible for soloq'' and ''speeding up competitive games and making them more interesting''. And what we have got is a soloq with a terrible vision system that makes things like Rengar retarded as fuck, and competitive games where players hug their towers until minute 30. Nice.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So what I'm getting from that is "build Sightstone on my top laner and roam a lot"

As a Poppy player I could get used to that but it kind of requires I have a lane advantage

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
New Marksman looks cool. Seems to have a lot of zoning per se. The ult is a bit interesting in that it basically forces him to be rooted (kind of like Xerath), but I'll hold off the problems it could potentially bring until I play him.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
and literally less than a day later we get a Shen update

this guy is gonna be hell to trade with

tl;dr he has this spirit blade thing that follows him a bit but stays in one place in combat; his Q draws it toward him and deals damage to all enemies in its path while empowering his next 3 autos, his W puts a shield around the blade that blocks all basic attack damage (!), and he passively gets a shield from his abilities. E and R are essentially unchanged; E might have received a range boost but that would be it

also: 6.1! http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-61-notes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)