League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
because BotRK sounds like WotLK to me! And it's a pun. Either way less discussing about what to call the item and more about if it is Physical Damage on the %damage who would use it.

Xypherous' iteration for SR did physical damage (also, I totally expected some of the TT items to be S3 items), he said that he's not sure if they'll keep it doing magic damage in the SR version.

LightWolf

lightwoof
I know - when I originally tested the item, I intended it to deal physical damage. When we tested it, it dealt physical damage. When it was overpowered at % maximum health, it did physical damage.

When they ported it over to TT - I'm not sure what exactly happened. XD
That's the exact line.

Basically TT staff took the idea, and changed it for their map. This should not affect the SR version, considering he would obviously know if it did...

Similar issue with Ionic Spark, it's gone from SR, but it's up to the Dominion Staff to decide if they keep it or not.

He can be a pubstomper but it's pretty risky to pick him unless you know who you're facing in draft. I think he can really snowball off of popular champions like Vlad, Orianna, and Karthus though. And ganks should pretty much never stop you once ahead

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
He can be a pubstomper but it's pretty risky to pick him unless you know who you're facing in draft. I think he can really snowball off of popular champions like Vlad, Orianna, and Karthus though. And ganks should pretty much never stop you once ahead
Oh, no, never, ever pick Fizz against Vlad. This would be the worst decision ever.
I argue why :
-Fizz HATES being zoned/harassed. What can you do at level 1 if a Vlad is between the creeps and you threatening you with his Q? Then later? Fizz is all about burst, he got no sustain, Vladimir Q is instant so he can't avoid it.
-The only thing Fizz can do is wait, let's say level 3, then go. And what happens? Vladimir Q and pool and that's it. He starts harassing again.

-Level 6, Fizz should be stronger no? Well, no. If Fizz ultimates Vladimir just has to pool. Even if the "shark" was on him, it will do no damage under the pool. So yes, you can't kill him and he can harass you forever. Since he got sustain and you don't, you'll be forced to go back and not him. Of course you can avoid his ultimate if you time well your E but that's all. Vladimir will win the "farm game" and you will end up having no kill on your lane, which is terribad when you play Fizz.

-If you gank, Vladimir pushing ability will doom your turret and make you fall behind.

Fizz is strong against Twisted Fate, because he got nothing to avoid your spells (bar flash of course) and can't stun you if you time your E well. And trololol you can send a shark with him TPing with ultimate (or interupt it).
It's far from being a won lane against Orianna and Karthus given their range and their ability to push the lane. If your enemy can kill your wave in two spells, trust me you'll have issues playing against him. Especially when you know that Orianna is not easy to kill at all.
I'd say that Fizz also crushs Anivia, since it's easy to avoid her stun, and that you insta burst her with 2 spells given her paperness.

Fizz is a funny hero, but it's an assassin, good teams will shut you down. But yup, it's a skilled hero that can be deadly in some situation and that snowballs mid really hard. However in the team fights you will be weak as hell, you can finish low hp people or take the paper heroes on 1v1, that's all.

wat Remedy.

Fizz can just WQE Vlad all day and chunk him for a ton every time. One pool baited and Vlad's dead. At level one, if vlad is between fizz and creeps, then he's probably over halfway through the lane and miles away from his tower, and as long as you have a competent jungler, he WILL die, because no pool lololol. The second fizz hits level 3, the carnage starts, and vlad can't do much to stop him, except harass a tiny bit with his Q.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think I said everything, and no, he will deal 0 damage with his combo WQE because Vlad just pools before he hits... then harass you during your gap closer is on cd.
Vlad is dead when pool baited? just to say, there is 10 second CD on your Q, you have 15 sec to kill him. I believe a non dumb Vladimir will just stay far from your Q during 15sec then start harass you. And you lose at the trade, just saying because you get damage from the pool, you get harassed by Q and E. Moreover, talking about the jungler is irrelevant since it can go either way.. you can get counter ganked.
"The second fizz hits level 3, the carnage starts, and vlad can't do much to stop him, except harass a tiny bit with his Q."
Oh .. trust me it's far from being this easy..
I'll tell you how it goes, Vlad stays out of your range untill he got his cd, then he start coming at you, he Q E while you jump, then pool when you are about to reach him. You lost HP, he recovers the life lost by pooling with his Q, you burn a pot. 15sec after, Vlad repeats the process.
Anyway I deny Fizz at level 1 (and no.. at level one you will not be ganked, unless there is something like a LeeSin but as it comes by red it's easy to predict, and you can't die since you got Flash.. but w/e jungle is irrelevant) and thus, I win the farm war EASY because Fizz is just a terrible farmer.
He wants to fight me? okay I run away with pool while the lane is pushed in my favor since I'm Vlad and I got tons of pushing power. He loses cs.

I can prove you this by playing me as Vladimir and you as Fizz if you want to make it clear, I'm quite confident as I counterpick Fizz with Vladimir. From low to high elo, I never lost this match-up.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've never seen a Vlad beat Fizz, but I've seen the opposite plenty of times.

Remedy said:
Vlad is dead when pool baited? just to say, there is 10 second CD on your Q, you have 15 sec to kill him. I believe a non dumb Vladimir will just stay far from your Q during 15sec then start harass you.
So you are saying Vlad gets zoned by Fizz for 15 seconds every time he has to pool? Then he will start to harass when his pool is back up and... what? Surely he just gets jumped on again when he tries to Q and has to immediately pool back to safety. When are you doing this harassing?
There's a long cooldown on Vlad's Q too for early levels and I don't know how you are planning to heal all this health back from constantly pooling when Fizz applies grievous wounds to you with his W.
Fizz isn't a terrible farmer either. Dunno why you think that.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
Not pushing this further, I'm sure of what I'm saying since I played this match up several times.
If someone wants to see it, send me your nick ;)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Vlad loses to plenty of other melee champions because of his shitty earlygame, so I don't see why Fizz can't dunk his ass all the same. He's got two gapclosers (or a gapcloser and an escape) and his passive makes minion aggro tickle. But even a "bad" matchup for ranged vs. pure melee is generally manageable, as the melee champion can't sit up to zone and sit back to farm at the same time.

Swain poops all over Fizz, though. ALSO PATCH NOTES

she's already strong tbh, people just haven't learned how to use her

volatile spiderling is actually an excellent waveclear and a great zoning tool if you max it first

you can't dive her because of rappel and her burst with E-Q-W-R-W-Q is pretty stupid

idk, I tried her AP after Yeti called me a 500 elo player for playing her bruiser, and I can tell you that her AP version is decidedly meh. I see no reason why a 1% buff on her Qs will change that.

Until she gets AP on the base damage of Q, I'm going to keep playing her AD and winning, and everyone on Smogon will keep calling me bad.

Also I raised my ELO back to 1200 in a last second push. Don't make fun of me i'm proud of it we can't all be platinum like jebus and unclesam

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Major Dominion itemization changes to AP casters...I'm not one to whine OP at everything I disagree with but I feel that Wooglet's Witchcap is there. They removed Rabadon's and Zhonya's and combined them into the same item, which will absolutely be rushed on every Karthus and Morgana (which used to have to pick between one or the other) and just encourage teams with them to turtle. Combined with Blackfire Torch, that's 250 health and +50 armor in addition to colossal offensive stats, a free DoT, and an invincibility spell some champs can use pretty effectively worked into most AP champs' regular build...an indirect nerf to the bruiser-heavy meta. Before the "they're expensive" argument comes up, note that gold is gained passively and quickly, even more so when it seems that Kage's (over prospector's ring) + boots + pots are the optimal starting items on several champions now, so both are usually built relatively quickly. I'm concerned about how it will turn out and hoping it's not as scary in practice. That's in addition to Van Damm's still not being available on Crystal Scar.

In their defense, it does promote much needed variety in team comps in a heavily bruiser dominated meta. In solo queue, three bruisers, Rammus/Singed/Malph, and someone who can poke normally suffices. Bot is decided after the game loads depending on what the enemy picked or the only real teamplayer on the team because everyone else decided "lol not bot". The biggest reason to bring champs that Wooglet's and Blackfire help is so people don't stack armor as an easy solution against your team, again something a Vayne or Darius could very easily fulfill.

Also, I see a lot of Singed love with Hextech Sweeper....I might be induced to just take a break for a few weeks x_x

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you go solid AP with Deathcap you're dumb, Elise does not have good scaling.

You go MPen Bruiser - this is apparently the only reliable Elise build that actually works out and is a notable player, but no matter how you build her, consensus is she falls off lategame as AP, AD, Bruiser, Glass Cannon, Tank, etc.

Guise/Sorcs/Abyssal into Froheart/Sunfire/Rylai's (any combo of the 3) or Triforce which I don't think is that remarkable on her/Athene's/GA/etc.

Gives her a somewhat notable presence earlygame and midgame but no matter how you build her lategame she's sad.

If you go solid AP with Deathcap you're dumb, Elise does not have good scaling.

You go MPen Bruiser - this is apparently the only reliable Elise build that actually works out and is a notable player, but no matter how you build her, consensus is she falls off lategame as AP, AD, Bruiser, Glass Cannon, Tank, etc.

Guise/Sorcs/Abyssal into Froheart/Sunfire/Rylai's (any combo of the 3) or Triforce which I don't think is that remarkable on her/Athene's/GA/etc.

Gives her a somewhat notable presence earlygame and midgame but no matter how you build her lategame she's sad.
Well yeah I agree with that, anyone who builds squishy elise is going to die a lot, AD or AP.

But honestly I just felt like I was bulkier and had a bigger impact when I played her AD because I could spread slows around and have sustained dps instead of bursting half of the AD's health and then dying.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Why the hell would Darius need a buff? He's OP on two of the three game modes and I daresay he's a strong pick on SR also. You can build pure defensive and his bleeds + ult still do killer damage AND his pull on the right target will guarantee a kill and probably a win in a teamfight. If he needs a buff, his kit needs to be reworked.

Why the hell would Darius need a buff? He's OP on two of the three game modes and I daresay he's a strong pick on SR also. You can build pure defensive and his bleeds + ult still do killer damage AND his pull on the right target will guarantee a kill and probably a win in a teamfight. If he needs a buff, his kit needs to be reworked.
he is in great need of buffs. he can be cc'ed when he ults. what dafuq is with that? that is like seeing a professional basquetball player about to slam dunk and suddenly some asshole takes the ball out of his hands right as he is about to make the net. who does that :|

he is in great need of buffs. he can be cc'ed when he ults. what dafuq is with that? that is like seeing a professional basquetball player about to slam dunk and suddenly some asshole takes the ball out of his hands right as he is about to make the net. who does that :|
Go back down to normals and watch how 9/10 games feature Darius and he'll go 20/2 =/

I don't think I know a single person that thinks Darius needs a buff but you. Many believe he needs a nerf.

darius is quite fine where he is tbh and may need to be toned down even more to reduce his "xin zhao effect"

i do not play elise but in theory you should probably be building her like how froggen and korean teams are building diana - double doran's or chalice into abyssal and hourglass, offering great sustained damage and great survivability. definitely not bruiser (sunfire, rylai's, etc are all too invested in health to be worth it) but abyssal+hourglass seems like a solid core

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)