League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

smeb was never on SKT, think you mean marin. he's being very down on them because flash wolves are 4-0 against LCK teams in the last 2 years (KOO tigers and SKT). bengi and blank haven't been playing particularly well either. i still don't think that means SKT are not the favorites to win this group, given that they've had over a month to fix whatever issues they have. this is the same team that won IEM, MSI, and 4/5 of the same players from last year's team. top lane meta was only worlds 2015; marin was actually inconsistent until worlds, and was at his peak only the 4th best toplaner in korea until worlds (behind smeb, ssumday, and duke). i think SKT will be fine.

smeb was never on SKT, think you mean marin. he's being very down on them because flash wolves are 4-0 against LCK teams in the last 2 years (KOO tigers and SKT). bengi and blank haven't been playing particularly well either. i still don't think that means SKT are not the favorites to win this group, given that they've had over a month to fix whatever issues they have. this is the same team that won IEM, MSI, and 4/5 of the same players from last year's team. top lane meta was only worlds 2015; marin was actually inconsistent until worlds, and was at his peak only the 4th best toplaner in korea until worlds (behind smeb, ssumday, and duke). i think SKT will be fine.
That's a heavy understatement. They've been trash all split. SKT got fairly lucky with their group (rigged smh) but I do think they'll get exposed by FW and C9 in some ways. 0-2 against FW and 1-1 against C9 in groups is my prediction.

OK rant incoming

Why the fuck do people not surrender? 4v5 talon 0/9/1 somehow me as Sona is the only positive on the team me and duo buddy surrender talon and wonderfuck Teemo 2/7/4 refuses along with his bitchboy jungle Talon forcing me to stay in a lost game for an adittional 15 minutes as the retarded enemy team slowly pushed forward and we cant do anything as me and adc are the only two competent team members. Its always the complete inept morons that dont surrender like I get if you have a bad game but if you're losing have an afk and you've sucked ass all game can you at least surrender? I left that one but I know if I leave again for like a month I'll get a ban and in a losing game its always the two feeding retards that refuse to surrender.

Fuck League I'm off to play some Overwatch

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Because you can always win. Sure there are times where the possibility is super duper slim but 4v5 wins are possible if you can stall long enough. If I'm a Sivir and we have like an Orianna or something you can easily stall out games by just clearing waves for 30 minutes. who cares if you're 0/9/1 if you're full build, the extra 20k gold advantage people will acrew gets evened out eventually if you can stall long enough. Even with a talon jungle, all it takes is playing safely and getting a pick here and there. Like its slim, sure, but let's be real, you aren't really doing anything with your time except playing more league or some other game, so its not like the 15 minutes is that valuable

so its not like the 15 minutes is that valuable
It is for my sanity. Super duper slim chance or not, I'd rather continue into another game that I have a better chance at winning then slowly lose my ability to function from having to put up with people who frankly do not know how to play League. We did ace them that game but talon went off to farm jg and teemo b'd despite my desperate pings over mid turret.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
From a strictly practical standpoint, when you're playing in a tournament where every game counts you don't surrender unless your nexus is about to fall anyway. (On the flip side, the opponents are likely highly competent and coordinated and all the more unlikely to throw than in solo queue once a significant lead has been taken by either team.) There is no "next time." For solo queue, you should take into account the likelihood of actually coming back to win versus how much time you waste when you almost surely don't, because that time spent still losing could have been spent winning the next game and recovering your ranking (or, you know, spent doing non-League things).

Of course, most people have to let emotions get involved and they will attempt to knee-jerk surrender still very winnable games because they're mad, or refuse to surrender because durrrrrr feeders don't get to surrender (nevermind they're wasting their own time as well) or whatever the fuck. Then of course you have the super-cereal people who insist on the "tournament mode" attitude in solo queue and refuse to surrender period, so actually pushing a surrender vote through in solo queue is usually way harder than it needs to be.

leeg anime woooooooooooooo MOON PRISM POWER

Are the colours a reference to a particular magical girl anime? They don't match up with Madoka or Sailor Moon and I'm not sure of any others

(also lulu should probably be purple but i think most of her skins should be purple)

Just in the past month I won 2 games that I've basically given up on. 14k gold down at 27 minutes, took 0 towers while out opponents took 8 at that time. Yet we still won because our Tristana was having none of that shit and decided to just carry the fuck out of the game. Game's not lost until the nexus goes down and a fuckton of people in low elo have 0 idea about actually ending a match. That's why you don't surrender, you're playing against retards.

It is for my sanity. Super duper slim chance or not, I'd rather continue into another game that I have a better chance at winning then slowly lose my ability to function from having to put up with people who frankly do not know how to play League. We did ace them that game but talon went off to farm jg and teemo b'd despite my desperate pings over mid turret.
If you're getting matched with people who do not know how to play League, what does that make you?

I agree that you deserve to be in the elo you're in

that being said, to devil's advocate and also give rugi some more info, sometimes people are in elos for different reason (this wanes as you get higher)

at gold for example you can be there on sheer mechanics alone as long as you're not, well, comatose. (csing enough can get you out of bronze!) or just good really decisionmaking and acceptable mechanics in a less mechanical-intensive set of champs. etc. etc. some people are just disgusting laners but have no idea how to play the lategame because they never get there. and everyone has their bad games and their good games.

I know I'm shit but there are people that are worse. I don't care if you go good or bad in a game as long as you try. My team being terrible isn't what pissed me off it was the fact that one of them was picking something extremely troll and refusing to surrender a 4v5 that he fed and the other afk'd starting for half a game without giving any reason.

I don't really care about this anymore. Sorry about me crapping on this thread earlier that was just the most angry League had made me in a long time and I needed a place to vent.

I know I'm shit but there are people that are worse. I don't care if you go good or bad in a game as long as you try. My team being terrible isn't what pissed me off it was the fact that one of them was picking something extremely troll and refusing to surrender a 4v5 that he fed and the other afk'd starting for half a game without giving any reason.

I don't really care about this anymore. Sorry about me crapping on this thread earlier that was just the most angry League had made me in a long time and I needed a place to vent.
o, I was trying to say you may actually be better at decision making in at least some situations than people in your elo, even if you're equal/worse at other things than them, sorry.

I think we all get tilted by matches like that. best thing to do is just vent and thereby let it go, yeah. glad it's past!

I mean, your team did try but you didn't...

In the end, one match doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Also I'd totally dodge a game with Teemo, Talon and Sona on the same team. That's a terrible teamcomp

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Are the colours a reference to a particular magical girl anime? They don't match up with Madoka or Sailor Moon and I'm not sure of any others

(also lulu should probably be purple but i think most of her skins should be purple)
They totally remind me of madoka? I dont get when you say they dont match up lol. Lux looks like a literal copy of madoka, jinx looks like a copy of that girl who used to eat a shitton and would get in fights with blue hired girl, who in turn looks almost exactly like star guardian poppy

At least in the teaser, they look different in game / splash art. Still, 1820 for that jinx skin, as much as id love it i think ill stick with the firecracker jinx

dont be toxic, go for objectives, stop playing if ur not enjoying yourself, test your champions limits, watch pro players, watch the minimap, use /mute all if ur getting flamed, dont play for too long, accomplish stuff in the day before u play league (feels way better), build good items

im still new myself, relatively, but i'd say first is getting the basics, comprehending each lane's role, trying out all of them (top mid bot jungle and last but not least support) at least a few times, try different champions without focusing on one in particular.
when you hit level 30 , dont insta go ranked, play a lot of normal games , and find your calling, the lanes and champions that you like and find yourself doing best with. after you'be gotten the hang of the champion, and find your perfomance getting consistent in normals, aka not burdening your team and having an influence on the game's flow (a postivie one tho :P) , then go for ranked. after that, it's mostly the same thing, but more of honing those skills.

also, please dont flame. we all lose it when someone picks a jinx top sometimes, but keep your cool, its a game, dont flame, dont flame, dont flame, if you are flamed, still dont flame. be nice, and say glhf . oh, also go to your settings and activate the enemy team chat , so you use /all freely.

uh whatelse, make sure you watch a lot of videos, tutorials, preferably ones that contain the specific champion you're learning, or the lane you want to main . dont obstinate over yasuo and zed like 90% of the newbies either.
also, whens someone deserves it, honor them. dont be stingy.

some easy champions include ashe in bot, annie in mid, garen in top, maybe xin zhao jungle or amumu, soraka/sona support

anything else would be to have fun :) its the main purpose, and dont you forget it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)