1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

League of Legends (LoL) - join us at #tf2

Discussion in 'The Great Library' started by Thorns, Jan 12, 2011.

1. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

2. Yeti

Yeti

naminstabuy js js np

nami opens up even more theme botlanes, 2 right in a row meng roit on fiah. if you have the skins you can even throw in top laners and mids too

Wild West
    Lonestar Alistar
    Cowslut Miss Fortune or Sheriff Caitlyn
    Outback Renekton
    High Noon TF
    (someone else here idk who :[)

Under the Sea
    Deep Sea Kog'Maw
    Nami
    Loch Ness Cho'Gath
    Fizz or Siren Cassiopeia
    Nautilus

Dragon
    Dragonslayer Vayne
    Dragon Trainer Lulu
    Shyvana
    Dragon Slayer Jarvan IV
    Dragon Fist Lee Sin

Singalong
    Reindeer Kog'Maw
    Silent Night Sona

Lunar Revel
    Lion Dance Kog'Maw
    Guqin Sona
    (and the other LR skins)

Frosty
    Arctic Warfare Caitlyn
    Frost Queen Janna
    (take your pick of overused frost-theme skins/champs)

If anyone can think of any other good botlane combos with matching skin themes then post. Much more useful than "Who ur fav champ xD" for the fifth time.
    (Anivia, btw)
  3. Rayquaza2233

Rayquaza2233

I'm surprised you didn't mention Amethyst Ashe and Taric, though I can't think of anything to go with them.
  4. RODAN

RODAN big black dick of fate
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor

obviously pentakill and commando

robot skins of course

fire skins? idk
  5. Age of Kings

Age of Kings

Malphite goes with the gem/earth theme
  6. Yeti

Yeti

Oh yeah, Amethyst Ashe and Taric, maybe even Armor of the 5th Age because it's the most similar in color. Or that and Heartseeker Vayne since they're both ridiculous bright and colorful skins.
    Plus Malphite, Obsidian Malphite especially hue.

Also rem and I discovered that Sheen outdamages 2 Dorans start on Diana, while being ~300 gold more expensive and sacrificing some early HP. We were seeing, with the DFG nerf, what exactly you can build early on Diana - seems like if you are WINNING OR EVEN in lane and know you can get your blue, Sheen/Abyssal/Deathcap is strong, if you're losing lane/getting camped just get 2 Dorans. Sheen will probably help your advantage by producing more damage that cannot be countered by MR (Chalice/Abyssal), but if you're losing I'm not sure if it will let you get back in it.
  7. Walrein

Walrein

ez/raka/diana/wukong/???

NOBODY EXPECTS THE BANANA
  8. Age of Kings

Age of Kings

If I'm doing really well as Wukong I tend to type in /all: you all must be bananas because I'm pretty fed!

cue the groans
  9. Stagnant

Stagnant

I havent heard that one before. nice.
  10. DDRMaster

DDRMaster

Well I lol'd.

Car Theme
    Hot Rod Corki
    Pitover Customs Blitzcrank

Also, I think they should make a doctor skin for Zed. After all, he is a ninja. With him and one more ninja, we could have a full doctor theme.
  11. MagicMaster87

MagicMaster87

The pre-season 3 update notes have been released and a PBE update is to be done soon.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/11/preseason-changes-on-pbe.html#more

Items and their abilities have been released (although their exact stats have not), including changes to existing items. Jungle changes are also listed with slightly more detailed information than we already had.
  12. DDRMaster

DDRMaster

I'm thinking it won't be worth it to go Boots+3pots anymore on any champion with a dash (Lee Sin, Fiora, etc.) which means Lee can go Cloth Armor or that new jungle item+pots and still do an effective Lv.2 gank.

Definitely gonna try this out on Vladimir. Should work well because Haunting Guise will still give HP and Rylai's and his W slow the target.
  13. Atlas

Atlas I'm the Mary!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

aaaa nami is up on pbe, she looks pretty op support wise. she will effectively kill janna. theres pretty much no reason to use her over nami.

also new arclight varus skin is sexy :3
  14. jumpluff

jumpluff 世界で一番おひめさま
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nami is extremely strong as a support (and I believe her AP scaling will certainly be nerfed when people play her mid, as well as her support numbers). She is basically a Sona Janna hybrid and her kit does everything. Her only obvious limitations are really mana costs and cooldowns (and to an extent getting jumped on herself instead of the AD, but her range lol...), but now you can build Chalice of Harmony into a support item, and supports tend to max CDR anyway since almost all support items give it... You can't really spam her spells, unlike Sona where you can spam heal for example, but they are quite powerful and Chalice helps a lot. Her versatility makes her pretty hard to counter in lane, imo... if she has a relatively passive AD you can just farm alongside her, I guess, but she's also incredible in engages as well as disengages.
  15. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I have a feeling Ohmwrecker is gonna be a jungler's wet dream come true.
    Show Hide

Ohmwrecker
    High End Siege Item
    Recipe:Catalyst + Chain Vest
    Active: Disables nearby enemy towers for 2.5 seconds, preventing them from attacking

Mercurial Scimtar makes every bruiser Olaf.
    Show Hide

Mercurial Scimitar
    High End Magic Resistance / Attack Damage Item
    Recipe: Quicksilver Sash + B.F. Sword
    Active: Cleanses all debuffs from your character. If your character is melee, he gains 100% movement speed for 1 second.

I also want Wolves/Golems/Lizards versions of Wraith Collar
    Show Hide

Wraith Collar
    Supportive Scouting Item
    Recipe: Kage's Pick + Null Magic Mantle
    Active: Summons 2 wraiths for 6 seconds that seek the nearest enemy champions. If they reach an enemy champion, they slow him and reveal him for 2.5 seconds.

Also, Nami ult seems like a ridiculous initiation move.
  16. jumpluff

jumpluff 世界で一番おひめさま
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ohmwrecker won't be good for junglers specifically because it's expensive and too niche to rush in time for tower dive ganks. It's designed for extremely lategame turtle situations where a team is not well-equipped to siege/dive and break the stalemate. Somewhere, a Froggen weeps.
  17. Jebus McAzn

Jebus McAzn

Agreed with Jumpluff. Catalyst is expensive enough as it is and rushing it plus chain vest offers no additional jungle speed or damage, nor does it offer the late game security that GP10 items grant. With the new jungle items coming in, the prospect of going cata+vest doesn't seem too appealing.

Plus you can dive towers well enough with just Tabi.
  18. Xephyr

Xephyr

D: D: D:

I've never done this before...how does one play on "pbe". I'm not really even sure what that stands for. I really wanna try out Nami, she seems so cool! She might be a new support that I can use other than Blitzcrank :P
  19. Articanus

Articanus

Hey guys! I don't really post here at all but I've recently started playing LoL and I'm looking to improve, so I'm streaming right now at www.twitch.tv/articanus if anyone wants to view and make fun of me/ give suggestions.
  20. shinyskarmory

shinyskarmory

PBE=Public Beta Environment

You get free RP and IP on there, but you have to provide feedback or you lose your account on there.

Also, OMG SO MANY NEW ITEMS IM OVERLOADED

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22382-pbe-changes-for-11-15-season-3-items-patch-nami

The Ohmwrecker is OP AS FCK
  21. jeb4

jeb4

hi

ill be sure to watch ur clips =]
    i earned a silver medal in this last season at a all time hih rating of 1152, which is one of the best ranks in the world! so i can giev u lots of info and help. stay tuned mr =]
  22. Minwu

Minwu

[​IMG]

Twitch so much fun, nobody could stop me once rodan started peeling rengar and hec

The new items are actually cool and almost make AD carries feel different. I went Boots>Doran's>Vamp>BORK>Greaves>Hurricane>BT. Would not reccommend bothering with the crit items if you have hurricane, the mirror shots can't crit and (70+25)% AS is really all you need.

Compared to IE/PD build you're generally gonna have a harder time dueling (although lifestealing off nearby minions helps) and peeling off yourself, but the extra aoe damage is noticable. On a champion with a good onhit effect and a reasonable peel comp, hurricane is great.
  23. Wikey

Wikey

So fricking mad I forgot to sign up for the PBE this month. I put a note on my desktop but work kept me off my computer for all three days.
  24. Stagnant

Stagnant

25. Jebus McAzn

Jebus McAzn

I downloaded the PBE but I can't get the download of the client itself to start. Help?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)