League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

What rank/mmr do you need to be guaranteed silver when you finish provisionals? I really want to know so I know when I don't have to worry about being back in Bronze next season. >.<

Anyway, regarding how to get used to new jungle. Use Junglers with high sustain (i.e. Warwick, Trundle) or something idk. I played a game with Warwick and went 12/1/12, so I'll just post what I did throughout the game.

Anyway, I definitely suggest using Warwick jungle right now. The LS passive negates a lot of the really tough early jungle. Furthermore, build Poacher's Knife if you want Warwick to become a super-fast jungle clearer (which between the 2 second MS buff and the 20 extra gold puts him ahead of everyone else). Also, here's the pathing that I took in this game.
1) Frog (smite)
2) Blue
3) Wolves
4) Red
5) Rocks (smite)
6) Chickens
Frog gives Quill Coat-esque thing and Rocks give on-hit Udyr stuns (basically pretty good early clear). As the game progresses, never smite Chickens for ward detection. I'd honestly say the second-most important smite buff is Rocks, since you can do bonus damage to turrets (which is aight).

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ive also been doing new jungle. Usually what I did was early smite Blue, Wolves or chickens, and then attempt red. You should be able to do this with average jungler. I did notice I probably use some Armor seals instead of Armor / Lvl on all of them.

I of course have been playing Jarvan and choosing between Stalkers and Skirmishers is damn hard. Stalkers is great because it can blow a flash and / or make cc easier to land. On the other hand bonus true damage and 20% damage reduction can be good when youre in a situation of a countergank and still damn useful in a gank.

I would still smite chickens earlygame since the ward detection is nice and it is a free Oracles. Sometimes if you gank a top Rengar or bot Vayne the Oracles Lens could prove useful. Eventually you do want more tower damage though.

The only two complaints I have thus far are mana regen and the long cooldown on Smite. The mana regen with new jungle items is okay but you definitely have to be more conservative with spell usage. AA clearers are a little better in this jungle IMO for that reason. The long cooldown on Smite can make failed ganks with Stalkers and Skirmishers pretty punishing. You definitely have to be more conservative with Smite but it is kind of needed to get the bonus EXP.

Still fwiw Im still looking for other insights as well. Ive played 3 Jarvan games (crushed 2 / lost 1 due to terrible top / bot). Ive pretty much gone the basic build with someone like Jarvan with a minor difference - I have obtained the Warrior Enchantment (Brutalizer + Gold) since Jarvan loves cdr and AD. Juggernaut still looks strong, though, since it gives Tenacity again and allows for Ninja Tabis lategame.

Havent tried other junglers but yeah self-sustain junglers that mostly AA like Warwick and Trundle are pretty strong. Jarvan and Vi also seem to be fine. What worries me is some potential junglers like Wukong being demolished by new jungle. Though he has an AS buff through W and an AA reset / Armor Pen with Q he lacks any bonus armor like Jarvan, lifesteal like WW, and a shield like Vi.

Actually new jungle seems cool for Gragas since the rework buffed him durably. Ill have to test it when Im bored (and when Im not mediocre with Graggy).

Sucks too - Ive been destroying everyone Mid with Viktor and even did well Top. ;_;

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Too bad you've been buying the two inferior Smite upgrades on J4 8) Trailblazer's (or w/e the AOE smite thing is) is the superior option. He has 3 CC options built into his kit, you don't need Stalker's at that point (it's like trying to argue that Sejuani needs Stalker's). J4 is fairly mana heavy in his clearing: either you EQ every camp and go OOM or only Q and clear it slower. Trailblazer's enables you to take down camps faster so you can gank more.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Trailblazer definitdly isnt bad. I think I would personally consider it more if there were more buffs outside of the jungle like the Golem / Chicken buff. Granted those two are good enough but I digress.

I found the Stalkers one to be very helpful. It prevents an Standard + Dragon Strike juke and it can even blow a Flash on its own. This isnt to say Jarvan lacks ganking power but it definitely strengthens it. The skirmisher looks nice in lower elo when your laner is retarded and doesnt go in often. I didnt use the Skirmisher yet though.

All 3 seem solid for different purposes. Most Mids I had didnt really have mana issues so blue buff pretty much was safe with me at all times. But yeah I thought a lot about Trailblazer when I couldnt always get blue or I needed a boost in clearing power. To be fair Dragon Striking and AA will do alright with clearing. Just might need more levels on E or something to compensate it. Then again I went Warrior and you always went almost full tank Jarvan - it's still in experimenting.

At least Trailblazer is a little more forgiving with Smite too. -_-

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Actually after thinking about it more Trailblazer is pretty good assuming your team isnt full retard when you gank and you cant always get blue. Like I said I had blue a lot so the few times I saw mana problems were minor (and a lot of it was after ganking - not before) or doing faster clearing with people on Dragon. Still 45 sec Smite is so much better than 60. Dragon steals matter a lot more now with Dragon giving stacking buffs.

ugh....... almost won it too. I played really bad in lane but my team played pretty well in fights. Piglet completely threw almost letting us end the game, which we probably could've if my team focused harder and just tanked. Lane was a disaster for me with hec camping me and overall bad play. Last team fight was a trainwreck and thats about it.

Dropped from D1 to D5 cause of elo decay I barely made it lol. Don't play as much league as I used too. I usually just play the other type of map modes now, when I actually log on from time to time...

I went on tilt too, I demoted from s4 78 points to s5 48 points. I legit won my first game matches in the past 6 days. It feels easier for me to snowball as Vlad or Lulu top but the problem is splitpushing seems really nerf so I still have to rely on my team a lot and with everyone else on my team generally feeding yeah it sucks to be top. :\

Dragon got nerfed pretty bad. It snowballs less hard and offers less comeback power. I really don't like it because it was my only way of winning the game if my team can't farm for themselves.

It is now an advantage which matters the most when you are winning, which promotes inconsistency. I guess that means it snowballs *harder* but in an unhealthy way.

Or you can just get 6 dragons, be 7 towers behind, no inhibitors, no turrets, then win the game. So inconsistent though. I like skillful play to be rewarded and not having outlets to escape a snowballing game isn't good.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com...85?tab=overview

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
dragon is way more important to control that it has ever been before. lategame in a lot of scenarios dragons are almost as important as barons (baron buffed minions are op though, idk tbh. i think it depends on comps.)

5% movespeed is op.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
After playing Jarvan with Trailblazer more I agree - it is much better. Makes me wonder if Kha'zix would also join with it because he's a mana heavy champion with W.

Still the most ridiculous thing from the Jungle - Warwick. Though a bit late to gank Skirmisher's + Ult + BotRK is almost a guaranteed destruction of 1-2 people on WW's own. Also helps that WW can still solo the Dragon with few issues. XD

So yes supermarth64 you win this round as far as jungler items on Jarvan. Trailblazer is so damn strong with 45 sec CD Smite.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Trailblazer is the strongest jungle item in a majority of situations - obvious exceptions including Skirmishers on WW/XZ/Yi/etc and occasionally Stalkers on really shitty gankers like Eve. Poacher's is almost never worth it IMO thanks to the really long camp respawn timers and the long smite CD coupled with lacking lategame utility.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I feel like, if they really want Poacher's to be a thing, it needs to up Smite damage by a small amount (like 50-100, maybe scale it based on champ level) or something that otherwise ensures your Smite beats the other guy's. Otherwise it just ends up being a crapshoot whether or not your opponent runs into you taking your camp and like Baron/Dragon whoever gets the kill with Smite is basically a coin flip.

I am not enjoying having to find another 10% CDR for all my champions in endgame because there's no CDR Elixir anymore. I think I'm just gonna start using Scaling CDR runes instead of Flat ones and deal with not having maxed CDR pre-18.

skirmisher's is shaping up to be the clear best choice on warwick (who has over a 60% winrate right now), but cowsep and trick2g are also running skirmisher's on master yi and udyr respectively to great effect

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
The one I question is still Trundle. Actually I wonder if Juggernaut or the Devourer is better (he does like both - though I err towards Juggernaut). I've done Trailblazer and it's definitely good since his waveclear is lolsingletarget.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
IMO Trundle should go Warrior over Juggernaut so that he can build tank items later and still be at least a little bit of a damage threat, but that's my philosophy on pretty much every jungler so take it with a grain of salt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)