League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

I was hoping that Fnatic would take just one game off SKT, and what I got was one of the best sets in quite some time. Great BO5, with two impressive FNC wins which I honestly didn't expect beforehand.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
xSokka: you were 3/9
xSokka: no way in hell did you deserve a win
Syzemik: least he understood how to play
Syzemik: kda
Syzemik: means nothing

hey I just wasted my last two hours losing three straight games to solo queue being solo queue, just in time to go work my shitty fucking job in my shitty fucking life, but at least I found a kindred spirit with half a fucking brain here

six champs to go, yet it's so fucking hard...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As a clg fan none of the stuff they put up is surprising. Both link's and double's words aren't even that conflicting but at least we got to see some juicy stuff.

If more teams/players were as open as this I feel like link-style rant posts would have been everywhere. I'm looking at you, midseason Team Liquid.

But I guess some bridges need to be burned before a new one can be built.

03:57 reyscarface LMAO
03:57 reyscarface holy shit
03:57 reyscarface second game in a row
03:57 reyscarface my jungler
03:57 reyscarface feeds and ragequits
03:57 reyscarface 15 minutes in
03:57 reyscarface what the fuck is this luck
03:57 reyscarface lmfao
03:57 Quincy_Quagsire plot twist: rey is jungling
03:58 reyscarface plot twist go fuck yourself eo

Meanwhile in the Garena servers Cinderhulk hasnt been nerfed. Me being aware of this, decide to cheese as much elo as I possibly can

lmao ez carries dont even need to get a single multikill. I hope the update never hits garena servers.

GlassGlaceon

My heart has now been set on love
~hello league friends~

i started league [bout a week ago] and it's been a fantastic time ever since. I'm beginning to lrn some of the lingo u guys use and a bit of the strategy but I was wondering if there was a beginner's guide on "how to get better" at league. I go to guides for my favorites (1. Miss Fortune 2. Wukong 3. Amumu) but there are some characters and some situation I always find myself getting yelled at for losing every single time. Even in these guides I find it's hard to keep up because they play out so many scenarios I never find myself in. I want to hop from level 10 to like level 1,000,000 but I'm sorta stuck. could any of you all help with this? ty

edit: don't feed is obvious advice and I love you all for almost/actually typing it

(oh btw add me @ SteelUragaan)

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
~hello league friends~

i started league [bout a week ago] and it's been a fantastic time ever since. I'm beginning to lrn some of the lingo u guys use and a bit of the strategy but I was wondering if there was a beginner's guide on "how to get better" at league. I go to guides for my favorites (1. Miss Fortune 2. Wukong 3. Amumu) but there are some characters and some situation I always find myself getting yelled at for losing every single time. Even in these guides I find it's hard to keep up because they play out so many scenarios I never find myself in. I want to hop from level 10 to like level 1,000,000 but I'm sorta stuck. could any of you all help with this? ty

edit: don't feed is obvious advice and I love you all for almost/actually typing it

Don't try to rush the learning process. Get a nice group of friends and make sure you have fun. The ability to play the game comes naturally while you follow what I just said. I believe that low level players shouldn't fret too much about their ability to play the game. You should start worrying about that after you have grinded enough to get the required tools to succeed (Summoner Spells, Champions and Runes) and jump into the ranked queue. For now, you should worry about trying out every champion on free rotation to see what fits you better, as well as learning what they do (you can even google for guides and builds. Check probuilds.net for the former and lolking for the latter. I do believe mobafire's quality has increased a decent amount lately though, so check it as well)

Last edited:
watch streamers! try to stay away from competitive games as you'll generally have no idea what's going on and the competitive meta is very different from what you encounter in solo queue. even if streamers aren't offering any advice, you can learn a lot from just watching them play - although ideally you'll find a streamer who explains what he's doing (I've heard that Scarra and WingsofDeath are both very informative)

you should learn how to get CS (creep score) - this means getting the last hit on an enemy minion as it's about to die, which gives you gold. the best players are extremely good at CSing, and learning how to do it is vital to getting better at the game

apart from that, the most valuable thing you can do as a new player is reading up on individual champions and learning what they do, since you'll have no idea how to play against them otherwise (playing with an experienced friend really helps for this).

GlassGlaceon

watch streamers! try to stay away from competitive games as you'll generally have no idea what's going on and the competitive meta is very different from what you encounter in solo queue. even if streamers aren't offering any advice, you can learn a lot from just watching them play - although ideally you'll find a streamer who explains what he's doing (I've heard that Scarra and WingsofDeath are both very informative)

you should learn how to get CS (creep score) - this means getting the last hit on an enemy minion as it's about to die, which gives you gold. the best players are extremely good at CSing, and learning how to do it is vital to getting better at the game

apart from that, the most valuable thing you can do as a new player is reading up on individual champions and learning what they do, since you'll have no idea how to play against them otherwise (playing with an experienced friend really helps for this).
I knew about cs'ing and i have a plat friend so that's occasionally helpful. I have a another scrub friend or two I usually play with and we have fun. We just normally get frustrated when there's something that we literally don't know how to get through. Thank you though!

~hello league friends~

hi i am bestest player in smogon. my advise: save 6300 ip to buy fiora. Ur welcome.

GlassGlaceon

hi i am bestest player in smogon. my advise: save 6300 ip to buy fiora. Ur welcome.
yo i'd love it if i could actually get real advice and not useless one-liners that you post to soak up likes. I've recently been enjoying amumu, sion, and above all miss fortune the most. Another thing I'd like to ask yall is if it's worth it to buy runes and glyphs and stuff even if i don't have the best versions of them at the moment. Any guides you all would recommend me for the characters I mentioned above would be lovely. I'd also love to know when yall are on so i can get some matches with you guys :]

edit: i got finals tmrw through thursday so i may not be on always :@

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Another thing I'd like to ask yall is if it's worth it to buy runes and glyphs and stuff even if i don't have the best versions of them at the moment.
I wouldn't bother with runes at all until you unlock the level 3 runes. You should just stockpile all your IP until level 20 so you can start buying up the most common runes to put together some pages for different roles.

I don't read guides but this site can give you a good idea of what people are building on different champs, what skill orders to go etc.

Amumu's page for example:

http://champion.gg/champion/Amumu

I am by no means a great player so take what I have to say with a grain of salt, but I've put a fair bit of thought into this.

I personally really like IE>Ghostblade>LW/BT on MF. I think ghostblade maximizes what MF is about while also helping her shore up some of her weaknesses. MF is a caster-ish adc; her q is on such a low cooldown that it forms a pretty decent chunk of her dps, and her ult is critical to her success as a champion. Subsequently she really likes to invest heavily into AD to maximize the damage these abilities do. However she is not a poke champion, she's a fighter, and while she has a built in AS steriod it's not the strongest. She can't afford to completely ignore attack speed or her dps will really suffer.

Ghostblade allows you to pump up her abilities even more while still getting a good bit of attack speed on demand. MF uses zero of the stats of PD while ulting; ghostblade gives her 30 more ad and 20 arpen. When the ult is over she can pop ghostblade when she starts manfighting to give her dps a boost. The cooldown on her Q is low enough where the 10% cdr will translate into an actual dps boost too.

Furthermore, ghostblade helps to shore up a major weakness of mf, which is her lack of mobility. She's very quick before a fight starts due to her passive, but the second she's hit she's a sitting duck. The large boost in movespeed from ghostblade active gives her a chance to kite back from someone trying to dive her, or press forward after a won fight to clean up fleeing members.

Trinity force actually does a lot of the same things as ghostblade; it amps up her ability damage while still giving her enough attack speed to stick in a fight, and gives a large chunk of movespeed to help her deal with her mobility issues. However it is a very expensive item; in fact infinity edge into trinity force is the most expensive two item combo in the game. MF is a champion who wants to crush early and midgame, she just doesn't put out lategame dps like the hyper carries and is a relatively unsafe option for lategame teamfights. The price of ie into tforce delays this power spike for too long I think.

That's just my tl;dr two cents on MF. adc builds tend to be pretty static but MF is something of an oddity due to a number of factors. I suggest you try out a couple of builds and see which works for you.

Last edited:

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
HOW 2 AMUMU
by walrein the amumu main

SKILL ORDER
For the first 3 levels, go E->W->Q. Max R>E>W>Q

BUILD
Your first finished item should be Cinderhulk-enchanted Ranger's Trailblazer. Stalker's blade is also a decent option but I find it unnecessary, and Amumu really likes the extra clear speed he gets from Ranger's.

Your next 2 items are upgraded boots (usually Merc Treads, sometimes Ninja Tabi. If you get Swifties I will end you) and Righteous Glory. The order in which you complete these is flexible - sometimes I get the boots first, sometimes I get RG first, sometimes I go Catalyst->Boots->RG. It depends on the situation. In general, though, you want the catalyst component of RG before the other component.

Frozen Heart->Abyssal Scepter->Thornmail is a good way to finish the build. Thornmail is replaceable with Randuin's if you really need HP. Abyssal Scepter can be swapped for Spirit Visage or Banshee's Veil if you already have an Abyssal on your team or just hate doing damage for some reason.

Trinket-wise, I usually just go upgraded warding totem because I suck at using sweeper. Either is viable.

HOW 2 JUNGLE
I like to go Gromp->Blue->Red and then either gank (if an easy one is available) or take scuttle (if not). This path puts you really low on HP near the end of it though, so until you get runes it's probably better to go Gromp->Blue->Raptors.

As far as ganking goes, don't lead with Bandage Toss unless you absolutely have to. If you can, get your laner to CC them first, then walk up to them with your W active and start Eing them. If they flash, that's when you use your Q, unless they just flashed under tower.

Ganking at level 6 is super easy - just walk up and ult them. Sometimes a flash-ult is necessary, especially if they're dancing through a creep wave to dodge your Q. I highly recommend ganking bot at level 6 if you can because your ult makes single kills highly likely and double kills moderately possible.

TEAMFIGHTS
You're the initiator. If an enemy is caught out and your team is in position, by all means pop RG and fire that Q. You can also just RG in and ult if you have the required space. In general, you want to try to ult as many high-damage targets as possible so your team can burst them down. It's also good to chain your CC - Q the enemy ADC right after the ult wears off to negate as much of his damage as possible

GENERAL TIPS
-You can Q to minions/jungle camps while running away
-You can Q dragon/baron from over the wall to start it or steal it
-Your Q has a pretty big hitbox, but it moves a bit slowly. Aim accordingly.
-With cinderhulk and abyssal you do deceptive amounts of damage, and since you're building tank you can survive quite a bit. Don't be afraid to duel people!
-Your ult isn't just a snare - it also prevents people from autoattacking, so against ADCs it's effectively a stun
-If you decide to buy Sad Robot Amumu, spam your laugh.

mained amumu in S1/S2, can vouch that maxing Q second makes for better ganking but will slow your clear. in this meta this doesn't actually matter that much since cinderhulk is a thing and you don't need to powerfarm the jungle anymore, so I would advocate going R>E>Q>W as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)