1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Learnset database

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Dan, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan

Hiya, long time stalker, first time poster: by all means redirect me to a different forum if this is the wrong place.

I was wondering if anyone knew where to find, or at least get some data that's easy to convert into (ie. not a case of copying from 649 different pages), a complete learnset spreadsheet. I've been working on developing a team building utility (not even that serious a player, i just enjoy that sort of problem lol). I've made type synergy and attack coverage tools already, and am looking to use these and some learnset data to create a sort-of automatic threat list. Obviously can't be catch all - it won't tell you if Dragon Dance + Outrage rips through you or if you are utterly crippled by rain teams, say - but should allow me to produce a reasonable litmus test for particular opposing Pokémon, once I integrate all these things together. Know how I'm going to proceed once I get the learnset data, but I'd rather not spend hours of grinding data entry on an idle hobby lol, so I thought, if any of you happen to know offhand, you lovely people may be able to point me to a shortcut. Thanks much!
  2. Oglemi

Oglemi it's me heysup's gay friend, the legendary gaysup
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

This may help you a little bit I think at least.

If you're asking for the whole movepool of each Pokemon, any of the Dexes on the net like ours, Veekun, or hell Serebii could work.
  3. verbatim

verbatim Red like Roses
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

4. Dan

Dan

ahh thank you, that's brilliant, just what I needed. didn't actually think there'd be a file with all the Smogon sets in it as well, that gives some interesting possibilities...
  5. Birkal

Birkal Caw.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

If you need anything else, private message a Suggestion Box moderator; we can unlock this thread for you if we don't immediately have the answer. Also, if you end up making a project that would be useful for competitive players, you might want to consider submitting it to the Projects forum. Here at Smogon, we greatly appreciate any special contributions that help us further understand competitive Pokemon. Best of luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)