Leethoof and Glacier appease the Weavile King with a duel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys you ready for the 1v1 of the century?

Here are the rules:
Reffing IAR's 3k.

In addition, GLACIER'S MAMO GONNA GET BEAT UP BY RHYPERIOR.

Rhyperior vs Mamoswine Singles
1 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
Abilities=One
Items=Training
5 chills, 2 recovers
accepting Leethoof's challenge. as before, mamoswine shall prevail!

No switch
Items sure why not
NO ABILITIES *i get to pick since i'm the acceptor :<*
And the Arena:
Field Type- Dark/Ice
Complexity- Intense
Format- Singles/Doubles
Restrictions- No Light, No weather, No seismic activity, Low ceiling

Palace of the Weavile King:
You have been summoned deep within Weavile Country, trekked through dense woods and blizzards galore, all to find your way to Weavile Palace. The entrance makes it look like just another cave, but inside lies a dizzying labyrinth, carved by the Weavile's slave labor. After navigating through the tunnels you enter a large chamber, a throne room of some sorts. But the Weavile do royalty a little differently. The king's prized room is a private arena, and you have been summoned to entertain him!

The battling area is squareish, 200 feet by 200 feet, with a 100 foot by 100 foot circle in the center. The whole area is pitch black, so beware! around the circle is a ten foot long pit all around, 30 feet deep. the circle is about 4 feet higher than the rest of the arena. Whats so special about the circle platform in the center? its ice! Pure ice, carved by the most elite sneasal. Before every battle, using primitive but effective technology, the weavile clean this ice, making sure it is always very slick. the rest of the arena is stone and rock, though some parts are covered in thick ice.

The weavile king sits on the most intricate and mysterious "throne" the world has ever seen. Basically it is a large cave formation, borne eons ago and grown to epic proportions. it is located in the center of the northern most point of the arena, 60 feet tall. about 100 feet long, it stretches across the whole northern center border of the arena. It has twists, spears, pillars, and more, creating a dazzling display of rock. What makes it unique is that there are two large 20 by 20 feet holes that open near the base of the cave formation. Carved by a gripping wind, they spew frosty gales that hit the whole arena, affecting battlers. Ice pokemon are not hurt at all, but everyone else can and will be damaged!

And if that weren't enough, you must be warned. Do not anger the Weavile King! How do you do that? Send a fighting pokemon to battle! That is an insult to all weavile/sneasal kind; the king will think you are attempting assasination! He will roar in a mighty blaze, and will summon his minions to attack all battlers on the field!

about this arena (important stuff if you were too lazy to read the description)

1. The center of the arena is made of ice, and is very slick. Ice pokemon can navigate on it easily and gain 20 speed. Other pokemon must be careful, becuase they could slip and miss there attack! (All non ice pokemon attacking on the ice lose 20% accuracy). Also levitating/flying pokemon are not affected by the ice

2. The ice in the center of the arena cannot be melted or dug into

3. the cave formation throne will release chilling winds and frost. Every action there is a 40% chance that winds will be emitted from the holes, and release either an icy wind (60%), powder snow (30%) or blizzard (10%). refs will calc the attack without stab, and rank 3 special attack

4. If a fighting type pokemon is in battle, there is a 30% chance at the end of each round the Weavile King will summon sneasals to attack all battlers. the sneasals can do the following attacks (ref rng to see which battler gets hit with which move): Screech (40%), Ice Punch (20%), Ice Shard (20%), or Faint attack (20%). when refs calc, the sneasals have rank 4 attack and stab on ice punch, ice shard, and faint attack.

5. The Palace room is pitch black, due to the Weavile King's preference (he can see just fine). All non dark pokemon or pokemon without night vision (or even nocturnal pokemon) lose 30% flat accuracy.

6. weather cannot be induced here. not even hail. the stone and rock cannot be dug in either, unless the pokemon is pure ground.

7. pokemon begin in the center of the arena, on the icy platform

Team Glacier:

Mamoswine(*) [Truffles] (Male)

Nature: Sassy (+1 SpD, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Info on Truffles: Shunned and Rejected by its faults, Truffles doesn't care what others say. He knows his true power and can now use his eccentric abilities and brute force to turn the tides of the battle into his favor. He keeps his head high and rushes into battle with a grin on his face, but still keeps his eyes keen and mind sharp. Supposedly extinct since the last ice age? Far from it.

Type:
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Snow Cloak: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.
Thick Fat (DW,Unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 69 (-)
Size Class: 5
Weight Class: 7
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5 Dream World Ability Unlocked!

Attacks:
Ancient Power
Peck
Tackle*
Odor Sleuth*
Mud Sport*
Powder Snow*
Mud-slap*
Endure*
Mud Bomb*
Icy Wind*
Blizzard
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Scary Face
Ice Shard
Amnesia
Mist

Curse*
Body Slam*
Icicle Spear*
Fissure
Horn Attack
Icicle Crash
Rock Slide
Bite

Ice Beam*
Toxic*
Hail*
Dig
Light Screen
Protect
Avalanche
Bulldoze
Rock Tomb
Stone Edge
Secret Power
Facade
Substitute
Reflect
Rest
Hidden Power (Grass 7)

41 moves

Team Leethoof:

Rhyperior [Siege] (Male)
Nature: Sassy (+ Sp.Def, -Speed)

Type:
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Rock: Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Stats:
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 34 (40/1.15) (+10% accuracy on foe's moves)
Size Class: 5
Weight Class: 7
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Abilities:
Solid Rock: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
LightningRod: (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they tranfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Reckless (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon have two (2) more Base Attack Power, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

Attacks (36):
Poison Jab
Horn Attack
Stomp
Tail Whip
Fury Attack
Scary Face
Rock Blast
Earthquake
Drill Run
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Take Down
Hammer Arm
Bulldoze
Horn Drill
Rock Wrecker
Chip Away

Counter
Skull Bash
Reversal
Bide
Sleep Talk
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Ice Punch
Mimic
Endure
Endeavor

Double Team
Sandstorm
Roar
Protect
Facade
Blizzard
Rest
Giga Impact
Focus Punch
Brick Break

And here we go!!!!!

Leethoof chooses item.
Glacier chooses item and attacks.
Leethoot attacks.

Go!

PS: This is my first reffing on a more complex arena. So let me know if I forgot something.

Hey Typon77, I forgot to update Rhyperior with my last prize claim. He gains Brick Break and Focus Punch as well.

"We meet again, in you dark and depressing lair. Last match was a tie, can I pull out a victory this time?"

"Siege, take this Exp. Share! I see you brought an otherwise useless hidden power solely for the purpose of defeating me. I'm flattered. Are you sure giving up your beloved Thick Fat was worth my Solid Rock?"

"Welcome my friend. My Ally. My Opponent. This Darkness, this Iciness, Can you survive it? Or will your moves fail to hit me? We shall see!"

Mamoswine, neither of you can see in the dark very well, but i have a trick! become an Odor Sleuth, and you will be able to hit Siege with ease! Next, i am not sorry to say that your opponent is a clumsy fool on the ice, while you are graceful. Let's use this to our advantage, yes? Because of odor sleuth your Blizzard will surely hit! the forceful wind will send Seige sliding back, and he will have no way to stop himself! He'll slide right off into the Pit! What a shame. Now if for some reason he is still on the ice then give him an Icicle Crash, but if siege has found himself stuck in the pit, then bury him with a Rock Tomb.

Odor Sleuth~Blizzard Siege into the pit~Rock Tomb
If Siege has not fallen into the pit, then Icicle Crash a3

Mamoswine has a Exp. Share

"You seem quite intent on getting Siege into that pit."

"Siege, don't let him smell your delicious scent! Protect against that, and then Drill Run right off of the icy center, back onto the safer rocks at the edge. Finally, there's no need to see when your shaking the place up with an Earthquake!"

Protect->Drill Run (Off of the Ice)->Earthquake

Pre Round Stats:

Energy: 100%

Boosts:
Other Effects:

Energy: 100%

Boosts:
Other Effects:

Good Luck to both of you!

This strange palace seems to have been erected for one creature, the Weavile King! He overlooks this battle with a strange amount of satisfaction, almost as if this is a daily routine of death in his castle. The sounds of his minion Sneasels can be heard chittering away, but their location is unknown, which is probably for the better.

Before the two giant beasts can even move, the strange throne of King Weavile himself decides to hurt both sides of the field with an Icy Wind, dealing minor damage but also lowering both sides' speed.

With the immense darkness around, Mamoswine knows that hitting Rhyperior won't be easy. He becomes an Odor Sleuth, attempting to sniff out the rock beast in the eerie castle. Rhyperior, however, creates a Protective barrier around himself, locking all smells inside with it, which prevents Mamoswine from location him.

Mamoswine, who planned on having Rhyperior found by now, tries to deal some quick damage with Blizzard. However, between the darkness of the cave and Blizzard's already inaccurate nature, the snow storm MISSES, hitting one of the King's servant Sneasels who was preparing the King a margarita. Looks like the King isn't getting wasted yet!! Rhyperior, realizing his luck and wanting to avoid the pit (lol), begins to spin rapidly, and uses Drill Run on the icy center. The center is harder than normal ice due to the fact that it is mixed with frozen Sneasel blood that was given to the king to show worship, so Rhyperior, as heavy as he it, bounces right off of it and lands safely on the rocky ourskirts of the palace, where it will be free to begin the destruction of the palace and its opponent with its powerful ground attacks.

After the previous*miss, Mamoswine is pretty pissed, so it begins to freeze its head and run at Rhyperior, preparing an Icicle Crash to push him into the pit. However, Random.org does not like Glacier today, and Icicle Crash also MISSES. Rhyperior, who is now on the rocky outside of the arena, knows he needs to use this opportunity to hurt the unlucky mammoth, creates a monstrous Earthquake, which disregards the darkness and hits Mamoswine hard. However, the seismic activity caused such a stir that it woke King Weavile's mistress, Lady Weavile. Everyonne knows that ladies need their beauty sleep, and Lady Weavile is no exception. In her fit of rage, she Bitch Slaps Rhyperior, while dealing pathetic damage, she leaves the now embarassed rock monster there as she stomps back to bed.

ACTION 1
RNG for Ice Attack in Cave: 3/10= Yes!
RNG for which Attack: 6/10= Icy Wind!
Mamoswine: (6+0)+0= 6 Damage and Speed lowered 1 Stage!
Rhyperior: (6+0)*1.5+0= 9 Damage and Speed lowered 1 Stage!

Rhyperior used Protect!
-7 Energy
Mamoswine used Odor Sleuth
Rhyperior was protected!
-6 Energy!

ACTION 2
RNG for Ice Attack: 7/10= No!

Mamoswine used Blizzard!
Hit: (<= 4/10 Yes) -> 9/10= No hit!
-7 Energy
Rhyperior used Drill Run!
-5 Energy
Rhyperior is now on the rock edge!

ACTION 3
RNG for Ice Attack: 5/10= No!

Mamoswine used Icicle Crash!
Hit: (<= 6/10 Yes) -> 8/10= No!
-5 Energy
Rhyperior used Earthquake!
Hit: Yes!
(10+3+3)= 16 Damage!
-6 Energy!
Lady Weavile used Double Slap!
She slapped him 3 times. I decided that :P
(6)*0.67= 4 Damage!

Post Round Stats:

HP: 94
Energy: 82%

Boosts:
Other Effects: Loitering in the Icy Center

HP: 106

Boosts:
Other Effects: Just got shit on by a girl lol.
Postion: On the Rocky Edge of the Palace

Leethoof, you're up!

Earthquake is 16 Damage, 10 + 3 (STAB) + 3 (Rank differences). Also, when a pokemon gets STAB on an attack (such as my earthquake and his blizzard), they get -1 energy cost to it.

"We're ahead for now. Keep it up, Siege. Caves are your domain, not this wimpy surface-dweller's. Keep up the darkness-ignoring assault with more seismic attacks, but prepared for his trickery."

Bulldoze ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake
IF he uses Earthquake, THEN Counter.
IF he uses Odor Sleuth AND you did not protect last action, THEN Protect.

Wow derp. For some reason I calculated the Earthquake as hitting Rhyperior's Defense stat... Im stupid lol... and the energy I was just being negligent.

Fixing now

Hi, if you would look at the restrictions of the arena, it says after no light and no weather no seismic activity. That means no EQ, EP, Bulldoze or anything of the like. Dig is permitted due to the special clause (i think its #6?) that says only pure ground pokemon can dig. *also im not sure if drill run is considered under seismic activity. i am going to say its not and its use is okay, but EQ/Bulldoze is a no no*

so that means leethoof cannot use the actions he wanted to round 2, and that round 1 is kinda illegal

Fine. You can have your rediculously biased arena. I didn't expect to win this on the fact that an ice attack would randomly hit me once every round, but this isn't going to work anyways. Seriously, was permenant sandstorm this bad for you, Glacier?

Fury Attack->Tail Whip->Fury Attack

I was under the impression that the no seismic activity only applied to the icy center...
*Sigh*, Can I just leave Round 1 the way it is but none in the future?

Also, I will ref shortly.

i sowwy :( and besides Leet ever since i posted the arena no one i have seen has used it, so i was curious as to find out how it would work, so if it is broken or something is unclear, i can edit it. I just saw my chance. and typon yeah you can keep round 1 the way it is. dont hate me leethoof :(

"um....yeah i'm just not going to talk anymore."

Odor Sleuth~Ice Beam~Icicle Crash

Pre Round Stats:

Boosts:
Other Effects: Loitering in the Icy Center

HP: 106

Boosts:
Other Effects: Just got shit on by a girl lol.
Position: On the Rocky Edge of the Palace

Not much flavor, gotta study. Basically, both of Rhyperior's Fury Attacks missed but its Tail Whip hit. Meanwhile, Mamoswine dealt heavy damage with its SE Ice Attacks. Not a very exciting round really. Except Mamoswine used the course to its advantage to take a lead. Mamoswine also had to move off of the icy center to use Icicle Crash.

RNG for Ice Attack: 10/10= No!

Mamoswine used Odor Sleuth!
Rhyperior was Identified for 6 actions!
-6 Energy
Rhyperior used Fury Attack!
Hit: (<= 65/100 -> Yes) 88/100= No!
-4 Energy

RNG Roll for Ice Attack: 18/100= Yes!
Attack: 53/100= Icy Wind!
Mamoswine: 6 Damage!
Rhyperior: 9 Damage!
The speed drops are kinda irrelevant but whatever..

Mamoswine used Ice Beam!
Crit: 16/16= No!
Freeze: 6/10= No!
(10+3)*1.5= 19.5 -> 20 Damage!
Rhyperior used Tail Whip!
Hit: (<= 7/10 Yes!) 2/10= Hit!!!!!!
Mamoswine's Defense fell 1 stage!
-4 Energy

RNG for Ice Attack: 6/10= No!

Mamoswine used Icicle Crash!
Hit: Irrelevant due to Nature
Flinch: 7/10= No!
(9+3)*1.5= 18 Damage!
Rhyperior used Fury Attack!
Hit: 74/100= No!
-4 Energy

Post Round Stats:

Boosts: -1 Defense (A2)
Other Effects: Odor Sleuth (3a)

HP: 59
Energy: 70%

Boosts:
Other Effects:

Glacier's up!

PS. Not keeping track of Speed drops from Icy Wind, as they don't affect outcome of order.

Yeah im feeling lazy, no calcs sorry. But Round 1 there was a Blizzard and Round 2 there was an Icy Wind. Combine that with Mamoswine's 3 Ice Attacks, and Siege, sadly, was KO'd before he could KO Mamoswine

This means...
Glacier Wins!!!

Rewards:
Glacier: 2 CC
Truffles: 4 MC, 1 KOC

Leethoof: 2 CC
Siege: 4 MC

Me: 3 UC.

Good game to both of you!

P.S. If you really want me to, I'll add the calcs, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)