Legendaries in battlespot?

Has anyone else encountered previous legendary Pokemon while playing (Non-rated) battlespot? I went against this dude with a Kyogore one time, and I want to know if Gamefreak changed the online rules to allow legendaries like that on random matchup.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone else encountered previous legendary Pokemon while playing (Non-rated) battlespot? I went against this dude with a Kyogore one time, and I want to know if Gamefreak changed the online rules to allow legendaries like that on random matchup.
Pokemon Bank was released in Japan recently (though it was only for one day, and got immediately recalled) so people were able to transfer their stuff from previous gens to X and Y. And Free Mode on the Battle Spot always allowed you to use the "Uber" legendaries...sadly that's all most people even bother trying to use on Free Mode. Rating Mode however is the "legal" format where they aren't allowed

Pokemon Bank was released in Japan recently (though it was only for one day, and got immediately recalled) so people were able to transfer their stuff from previous gens to X and Y. And Free Mode on the Battle Spot always allowed you to use the "Uber" legendaries...sadly that's all most people even bother trying to use on Free Mode. Rating Mode however is the "legal" format where they aren't allowed
Oh, I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

Its quite the shitty situation really, how convenient that Japan got access to Pokebank just long enough to ensure they will win season 2 in the battle spot. Hmmm. The genies and shiny latios are everywhere.

I don't understand how they expected anything different than a couple million people hoping to access their Pokebank accounts via Nintendo servers when they released. Its baffling how unprepared they were.

Yea I'm not too concerned with my rank on season 2. My pre bank team still works reasonably well, but not nearly what it was before the 3rd/4th/5th gen legendaries came back into the picture. Latios doesn't pose too much of a problem, although the genies are quite annoying.

I couldn't care less about genies or latias/latios.
It's the "true ubers" that make unrated garbage.
Shit like Arceus is all over the place.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've never had an issue with ubers in unrated. Most people who use them are 8 year olds who put Hyper Beam on everything; I only lost once when I fought a halfway competent rain team with Kyogre on it. I have more of an issue with bullshit like genies on rated mode since my usual checks generally are things like Prankster Taunt Tornadus and Terrakion.

Also Latios sucks.

I couldn't care less about genies or latias/latios.
It's the "true ubers" that make unrated garbage.
Shit like Arceus is all over the place.
Fucking Arceus raped me the other day. I thought I might have a chance against it, as my choice scarf tyranitar had Brick Break, but nope that wasn't enough. Arceus raped my tyranitar, 1hkod my Greninja and my fucked my Lapras.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)