1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Legendaries in battlespot?

Discussion in 'Battle Spot' started by Szayel, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Szayel

Szayel

Has anyone else encountered previous legendary Pokemon while playing (Non-rated) battlespot? I went against this dude with a Kyogore one time, and I want to know if Gamefreak changed the online rules to allow legendaries like that on random matchup.
  2. CoolStoryBrobat

CoolStoryBrobat The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

Pokemon Bank was released in Japan recently (though it was only for one day, and got immediately recalled) so people were able to transfer their stuff from previous gens to X and Y. And Free Mode on the Battle Spot always allowed you to use the "Uber" legendaries...sadly that's all most people even bother trying to use on Free Mode. Rating Mode however is the "legal" format where they aren't allowed
    Szayel likes this.
  3. Szayel

Szayel

Oh, I see. Thank you for clearing that up.
  4. stonerchris

stonerchris
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Its quite the shitty situation really, how convenient that Japan got access to Pokebank just long enough to ensure they will win season 2 in the battle spot. Hmmm. The genies and shiny latios are everywhere.
  5. EsurioXY

EsurioXY

I don't understand how they expected anything different than a couple million people hoping to access their Pokebank accounts via Nintendo servers when they released. Its baffling how unprepared they were.
  6. rEevolution

rEevolution

Yea I'm not too concerned with my rank on season 2. My pre bank team still works reasonably well, but not nearly what it was before the 3rd/4th/5th gen legendaries came back into the picture. Latios doesn't pose too much of a problem, although the genies are quite annoying.
  7. lordkira

lordkira

I couldn't care less about genies or latias/latios.
    It's the "true ubers" that make unrated garbage.
    Shit like Arceus is all over the place.
  8. Age of Kings

Age of Kings of the Ash Legion
    is a Forum Moderator

I've never had an issue with ubers in unrated. Most people who use them are 8 year olds who put Hyper Beam on everything; I only lost once when I fought a halfway competent rain team with Kyogre on it. I have more of an issue with bullshit like genies on rated mode since my usual checks generally are things like Prankster Taunt Tornadus and Terrakion.

Also Latios sucks.
  9. GTS

GTS

Just yesterday, I saw a Landorus in Rated...

anyone else run into something like that?
  10. Guilan

Guilan

I run one myself.
  11. dkkc19

dkkc19

I've played around 5 or 6 non-rated battles and every team I faced had at least 2 legendaries.
  12. dkkc19

dkkc19

Fucking Arceus raped me the other day. I thought I might have a chance against it, as my choice scarf tyranitar had Brick Break, but nope that wasn't enough. Arceus raped my tyranitar, 1hkod my Greninja and my fucked my Lapras.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)