Legendary Pokemon / TLR General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This would probably be considered derailing but this thread has been dead for over a month and a half now so LOL

I'm gonna go big scope here. I don't understand why legendaries need to be exclusive to The Legend Run. I'm aware that we offer a few legendaries for non-TLR activities (Victini for conquering gyms stands out), and I think we should do more to encourage those sorts of situations. What if we offered a legendary for beating Battle Hall Challenge on a particular rank? What about beating Gold Pike? Heck, what if we even offered a legendary for 999 CC? If we open up legendaries to all sorts of obtaining methods, I think that will solve a lot of the problems that are being listed above. It stops people from getting all antsy about TLR because it's the only source of legendaries, and allows that RP to go back to focusing on what it's all about: having an adventure. If you need a list of "creative but difficult" means to offer legendaries, I'd be more than happy to make an idea list.

The argument against this on IRC was that it removes TLR's main catch of being legendary exclusive. But if we're smart about which legends we offer where, I doubt we'd run into that issue. If you offer specific legendaries for different things, then there's going to be interest in all of those areas. TLR has a lot of great things going for it (fun adventure, something different, hard, legendaries), and I don't think we'd lose interest in it. What we would see is a pull-away from it being the end-all way of getting legendaries. And that's a good thing, as I listed above. Again, I'm not advocating that we somehow make legendaries easier to get. Not at all! But rather, we should distribute where they are available, for the sake of variety and fun.

Lets not all forget that with the advent of Mega Stones we can all get Legendary-esque Pokemon for 15 CC.

Crazy-ish idea, buy any Legendary for 15 CC, but add a Legendary clause to all matches ala the Mega clause.

ASB is basically about building our own teams of favemons and equality. We go out of our way to make Beedrill, Spinda and Castform useful, why should I not be able to play with my favourite Pokemon just because it's Tornadus?

It's also worth pointing out that a lot of legendaries are not ASB Uber. Many have bad stat distributions for ASB and a whole lot more have shallow movepools and only one ability.

I don't like the idea of giving out legendaries for just 15 CC, but I do agree with Birkal that we can and should broaden the ways to get new legendaries. My main reason for this is that it would allow us to pursue more than 1 legend at a time, since we can't enter two or more TLRs at the same time. For example, if we could get a legend with a perfect Battle Hall run, I could do a Battle Hall while doing a Legend Run as well. This would not make getting legends easier (assuming the alternate methods are just as hard as TLR would be), but it would reduce the time you need to spend to get them, which IMO is a good thing. With 50 legends available (53 if you count Diance and the other unlreleased ones), using just Legend Runs to release them all is crazy and unfeasible.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assuming alternate methods are of sufficient difficulty, I see no problem with the vast majority of legends being gifted, but it must be incredibly high level achievements.

Specifically Allowed:
Articuno
Azelf
Celebi
Cobalion
Cresellia
Deoxys-All Formes
Entei
Heatran
Keldeo
Kyurem-Normal
Landorus/Landorus-T
Latias-w/o Soul Dew
Latios-w/o Soul Dew
Meloetta
Mesprit
Moltres
Phione
Raikou
Regice
Regigigas
Regirock
Registeel
Shaymin
Suicune
Terrakion
Thundurus/Thundurus-T
Tornadus/Tornadus-T
Uxie
Virizion
Zapdos

Specifically Excluded:
Arceus
Darkrai
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina-All Formes
Groudon
Ho-oh
Jirachi
Kyogre
Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-White
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Victini
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom
Zygarde

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What's with the specifically excluded list? I get that they are "more legendary" than the others listed, but what's the logic from them being disallowed from ASB entirely? Perhaps I am misreading the purpose of said list. We could make challenges for those mons excruciatingly hard, or a once-in-a-lifetime event, but I don't think they should be banned from ASB entirely.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What's with the specifically excluded list? I get that they are "more legendary" than the others listed, but what's the logic from them being disallowed from ASB entirely? Perhaps I am misreading the purpose of said list. We could make challenges for those mons excruciatingly hard, or a once-in-a-lifetime event, but I don't think they should be banned from ASB entirely.
They aren't disallowed entirely, I just don't think they should be a reward for a tourney prize based on power/ability/etc. Incidentally, this does allow me to focus TLRs specifically to those Pokemon instead of trying to do it for what we can clearly see is a ridiculous number of legendaries.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Lovely.

Before anyone asks, we (RP Committee) are discussing how to do this.

Expect something someday soon.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Just want to take it back to TLR, but basically I want some revision a couple of things:

1) TLR Referee Pay: This is perhaps the big killer as to why referee activity is so low & why it is generally up to me & Maxim to a lesser extent to keep the RP afloat. Many people want to ref TLR's, but not many have the will because of the pay. Currently the pay (as it has always been) is, quote: "You will be compensated with 1 UC per Pokemon in a match, and an additional UC once every 4 RPs." This pay usually in a completed run will often translate into less than 1 UC per update, compared to Hall, regular tower matches, this pay is among the lowest per update than any other RP.

To put this into perspective (extreme example incoming), say zarator (or some other notorious TLR staller) wanted to challenge Black Sulphur Caldera with a team of Audino, Gallade, & Gardevoir, & someone refs him. In the first match, he wins with no casualties, but takes four rounds to win (no catch). He then gets the hidden cave system RP, ignoring it, then getting into the Hippowdon trap in the next RP. He succeeds with no casualties again (no catch), & takes five rounds, spending two to get his trapped Pokémon back to a reasonable condition. Then he comes to the guards. He stalls around, taking out one guard, but then a Slugma spawns on him while he does his extreme stalling. He dispatches the other guard, stalls for a round, then takes out the Slugma, having no casualties, the same three, & taking eight rounds. He then gets a three door RP which he clears with little trouble, then comes across the hot springs, which he recovers some health. He then comes across Heatran & his partner in crime. He dispatches the Arcanine easily & starts whittling away at Heatran. After some stalling & one capture attempt, a Slugma spawns. He takes the Slugma out, stalls a round, then makes three more attempts before another Slugma approaches. It gets a bit too much & he loses Gardevoir as he takes out another Slugma & then continues until he ultimately succeeds after 24 rounds, with eight capture attempts. (Assume he threw a max of 2 Poké Balls per update)

Okay so through all that, we have say (1+4+3+5+1+8+4+22 (Rough guess for boss updates))=48 Updates total, a typical zarator TLR length in updates (okay okay I picked on him because he loves to stall in TLR). Over the course of the TLR, the referee would have lost his/her sanity ten times gained 5+1+4+6+9=25 UC for all that stalling. For that, the referee got (25÷48)=0.520833... UC per update. That is very low, & is not really that great in terms of compensation for going insane over reffing a hyper-stall TLR. After all that, you might wonder why people do not take a TLR: just over half a UC per update is very low. Criminally low.

If I were to propose an increase to pay, I would make it update based, based on the following:
-2 UC Base
-0.5 UC for every non-combat update, & every Poké Ball thrown
-1 UC for every round of combat where there is only one enemy (left) (EG: Trap combat, Boss fight with only one opponent).
-1.5 UC for every round of combat where there is more than one enemy left.
-If reffing a single TLR, One Update = One post, dual TLR is considered two updates per post until one party's challenge ends.

Basically, using the zarator example, the referee would be compensated (making some example, not 100% accurate) (2+4.5+1+5+1+9.5+3+24)=50 UC for reffing a stally TLR under the proposed pay, which amounts to 1.041666... UC per update... Obviously this can be improved on, but with an update-based pay, the referee can feel more willed to ref a TLR (Even stall teams) because it will mean a higher pay & they will not earn the far less UC per update they do under the current system. What we have also learned is that a better pay can entice a user to take a reffing, because they know they will be getting a decent reward for their efforts.

Of course that can be improved on, but a better TLR Pay can go a long way in terms of making the TLR queue far smaller than the size it is now.

2) When a Pokémon breaks free: This is simple. Put down in writing what happens when a Pokémon breaks free in detail, besides the obvious +12 EN, free round if you hit 100 EN. Basically put in writing what decays & what does not, e.g. Stat boosts do not decay, turn order does not change, & other things like should paralysis, freeze, or sleep decay after break? Do they take poison damage, or does Toxic Poison go up? Does a Pokémon still gain HP if they rest? Can a Pokémon wake up after breaking free? Can rain dissipate? Does throwing one Poké Ball advance the game state one round? etc.

Basically having all this happening down in writing in detail can help newer TLR refs understand what happens & whether they are doing the right thing or not. Not really that critical, but it helps.

Thoughts on either? Sorry zarator for using you as an example, but given your infamy for TLR stalling, I could not resist using it for the sake of examples on TLR pay... :Þ

/me runs

I am proud of my stalling techniques.

On a more serious note, IAR is completely right about the pay for TLRs. Personally, I doubt this will bring to a significant increase in TLR reffing manpower, but it is more of a matter of fairness to the few heroes who work their arses off to bring us one of the best RPs available.

Deck Knight

Just want to take it back to TLR, but basically I want some revision a couple of things:

1) TLR Referee Pay: This is perhaps the big killer as to why referee activity is so low & why it is generally up to me & Maxim to a lesser extent to keep the RP afloat. Many people want to ref TLR's, but not many have the will because of the pay. Currently the pay (as it has always been) is, quote: "You will be compensated with 1 UC per Pokemon in a match, and an additional UC once every 4 RPs." This pay usually in a completed run will often translate into less than 1 UC per update, compared to Hall, regular tower matches, this pay is among the lowest per update than any other RP.

To put this into perspective (extreme example incoming), say zarator (or some other notorious TLR staller) wanted to challenge Black Sulphur Caldera with a team of Audino, Gallade, & Gardevoir, & someone refs him. In the first match, he wins with no casualties, but takes four rounds to win (no catch). He then gets the hidden cave system RP, ignoring it, then getting into the Hippowdon trap in the next RP. He succeeds with no casualties again (no catch), & takes five rounds, spending two to get his trapped Pokémon back to a reasonable condition. Then he comes to the guards. He stalls around, taking out one guard, but then a Slugma spawns on him while he does his extreme stalling. He dispatches the other guard, stalls for a round, then takes out the Slugma, having no casualties, the same three, & taking eight rounds. He then gets a three door RP which he clears with little trouble, then comes across the hot springs, which he recovers some health. He then comes across Heatran & his partner in crime. He dispatches the Arcanine easily & starts whittling away at Heatran. After some stalling & one capture attempt, a Slugma spawns. He takes the Slugma out, stalls a round, then makes three more attempts before another Slugma approaches. It gets a bit too much & he loses Gardevoir as he takes out another Slugma & then continues until he ultimately succeeds after 24 rounds, with eight capture attempts. (Assume he threw a max of 2 Poké Balls per update)

Okay so through all that, we have say (1+4+3+5+1+8+4+22 (Rough guess for boss updates))=48 Updates total, a typical zarator TLR length in updates (okay okay I picked on him because he loves to stall in TLR). Over the course of the TLR, the referee would have lost his/her sanity ten times gained 5+1+4+6+9=25 UC for all that stalling. For that, the referee got (25÷48)=0.520833... UC per update. That is very low, & is not really that great in terms of compensation for going insane over reffing a hyper-stall TLR. After all that, you might wonder why people do not take a TLR: just over half a UC per update is very low. Criminally low.

If I were to propose an increase to pay, I would make it update based, based on the following:
-2 UC Base
-1 UC for every round of combat where there is only one enemy (left) (EG: Trap combat, Boss fight with only one opponent).
-1.5 UC for every round of combat where there is more than one enemy left.
-If reffing a single TLR, One Update = One post, dual TLR is considered two updates per post until one party's challenge ends.

Basically, using the zarator example, the referee would be compensated (making some example, not 100% accurate) (2+4.5+1+5+1+9.5+3+24)=50 UC for reffing a stally TLR under the proposed pay, which amounts to 1.041666... UC per update... Obviously this can be improved on, but with an update-based pay, the referee can feel more willed to ref a TLR (Even stall teams) because it will mean a higher pay & they will not earn the far less UC per update they do under the current system. What we have also learned is that a better pay can entice a user to take a reffing, because they know they will be getting a decent reward for their efforts.

Of course that can be improved on, but a better TLR Pay can go a long way in terms of making the TLR queue far smaller than the size it is now.

2) When a Pokémon breaks free: This is simple. Put down in writing what happens when a Pokémon breaks free in detail, besides the obvious +12 EN, free round if you hit 100 EN. Basically put in writing what decays & what does not, e.g. Stat boosts do not decay, turn order does not change, & other things like should paralysis, freeze, or sleep decay after break? Do they take poison damage, or does Toxic Poison go up? Does a Pokémon still gain HP if they rest? Can a Pokémon wake up after breaking free? Can rain dissipate? Does throwing one Poké Ball advance the game state one round? etc.

Basically having all this happening down in writing in detail can help newer TLR refs understand what happens & whether they are doing the right thing or not. Not really that critical, but it helps.

Thoughts on either? Sorry zarator for using you as an example, but given your infamy for TLR stalling, I could not resist using it for the sake of examples on TLR pay... :Þ

/me runs
Seems legit. Go with the updated pay increase. Everyone hates stall...

I fully support the rest of the update and even the first half of this part of the update, but getting UC for a missed capture opportunity just screams abuse to me. I am absolutely NOT saying that any of the TLR refs would abuse the RNG, but this still allows a TLR ref to profit off a challenger's bad luck, and the bad luck could possibly be engineered, so I really don't like that part. Yes, you could say that the refs profit off a challenger's bad luck all the time with hax, but a smart player can and should prepare for an ill-timed crit/status effect/whatever. You can't exactly prepare for a failed capture except by bringing more balls to chuck at it (which, with the system proposed, helps the ref even more).

That said, I do know where IAR is coming from. The capture formula is a fucking bitch to calculate, and I think refs should get some form of compensation for it. My proposal is to change the .5 UC for every Ball thrown to 2 or 3 UC for every Pokemon captured by the player (not sure which, and since I'm not a TLR ref the amount they should get paid out should probably be determined by them), therefore doing basically the same thing (rewarding refs fro the capture formula) while giving them ample reason to not abuse the system (more Pokemon on the challenger's side = more of a chance for them to win)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Somehow, this turn into a discussion about Legendaries when it started as one about TLRs :P I'm not sure if I should post here, but I wished to bring up again one of Zar's complaints about TLR:
zarator said:
... 2) The Legend Run is counter consuming
A personal example to illustrate the above point:
Treasury Report said:
Mysterious Cove preparations attended to by first-timer Zt:
Potion: 1 slot (5 CC)
Ether: 1 slot (5 CC)
Revive: 1 slot (10 CC)
Pokeballs: 25 (8 Cherish Balls, 4 Heal Balls, 13 Nest Balls for about 23 CC)
Berries: 15 (15 Oran/Leppa Berries for 9 CC)
Battle Items: (N/A since these can be used for other purposes)
Gems: 5 (N/A since these are outclassed by Battle Items in most cases)
Spare Pocket (any item): 1
So, in order to maximise my chances at getting a Tynamo Phione, I have to spend northwards of 40 CC to fill up the Backpack. While I admit that steps are being taken to make TLRs more accessible, including revelations of TLR events (now I know how to bend over backwards letting that Abra trap my Gardevoir instead of some random member of my team), it still costs a LOT to fund a single, serious TLR run.

With the implementation of "Capture HP" method, I think Pokeball values are quite worth the prices (until we can conduct an extensive test to prove otherwise), but the medicines have low price values (5 Oran Berries, for example, heal 50 HP at 3 CC, but a single Potion costs 5 CC to heal 20 HP). It may not be the best benchmark, but can we lower the prices as suggested by Maxim, Zar and Engi? I dunno about the actual end prices, but I'm sure more experienced TLR players can drive a fairer bargain :)

(sorry for necroing, if I've posted wrongly, please take the necessary actions and tell me where to put this)

Last edited:
Something which nearly everyone seemed to agree on is the reduction of CC costs involved. I want therefore to suggest the following price cuts:

Potion: from 5 CC to 1 CC
Super Potion: from 8 CC to 2 CC
Ether: from 5 CC to 1 CC
Elixir: from 10 CC to 4 CC
Revive: from 10 CC to 4 CC
I did propose cutting prices for consummables once already, and frankly I think it's still the case for medicines. Really, 40 CC for stuff like MC is ridiculous. With my proposed prices, you would drop it to 26 CC, which is far more reasonable. Besides, from my experience, I've found that, while I generally do not use all the Poke Balls in my backpack, I regularly need each and every recovery item I started my journey with. Given medicines are such a "CC sinker", can we please drop their prices so that I don't need a 3v3 singles just to revive a Pokemon in a TLR?

Deck Knight

So I looked around a little bit before making this post. I seem to recall after making the Ball Strength changes installing a maximum CC Cost to take into the dungeon, in addition to backpack restrictions. Here's what I'm thinking:

Drastically lower healing item prices, make them more available, and in exchange set a pack limit for the cost of healing items and balls.

Potion: from 5 CC to 1 CC
Super Potion: from 8 CC to 2 CC
Ether: from 5 CC to 1 CC
Elixir: from 10 CC to 4 CC
Revive: from 10 CC to 4 CC

Additionally, change Super Potion to heal 45 HP, so it's not effectively the same as two potions.

Finally, Change over the last slot so that it can hold any TLR-Specific item you have on hand, so as you traipse through a dungeon, if you pick up something good and get wiped without using it, it can be brought into your next run. This is where the more powerful and difficult to get items like Hyper Potion and Max Revive would go.
Note: Even though Elixirs are purchasable, you can't buy them for the purposes of a TLR below Uber level to place in the Spare Pocket. You either need to find one, or challenge Ubers and keep your Elixir for later use. Furthermore, if you run into a Spare Pocket item in the field and your slots are full, you have to choose one to discard. Berries, Gems, and other hings found in the field don't qualify for this, just TLR-specific healing items.

You may bring balls already in your possession into the TLR, but they take up an equivalent amount of the CC limit, with each stray ball being 1/4th of the CC value. So if for example you had two stray Timer Balls left over, you could take these in and it would apply 5 CC the Pack Limit.

Revamped Backpacks:

Training TLR:

Training Backpack:
Pack Limit: 22 CC

Potion: 2 slots
Ether: 2 slots
Revive: 1 slot
TLR Item Spare Pocket: 1 Slot
Sample Training Pack 1:
1x Ether [1 CC]
8x Great Ball (2) [6 CC]
4x Cherish Ball (2) [3 CC]
4x Quick Ball [10 CC]
Total: 22 CC

Sample Training Pack 2:
2x Potion [2 CC]
2x Ether [2 CC]
1x Revive [4 CC]
8x Ultra Ball [8 CC]
4x Cherish Ball [3 CC]
4x Level Ball [3 CC]

Sample Training Pack 3:
1x Ether [1CC]
4x Quick Ball [10 CC]
4x Heal Ball [8 CC]
4x Cherish Ball [3 CC]
Legendary TLR:

Legendary Backpack:
Pack Limit: 33 CC

Potion: 3 slots
Super Potion: 1 slot
Ether: 3 slots
Elixir: 1 slot
Revive: 1 slot

TLR Item Spare Pocket (3 Slots)

Sample Legendary Pack 1:
3x Potion [3 CC]
1x Super Potion [2 CC]
3x Ether [3 CC]
1x Elixir [4 CC]
1x Revive [4 CC]
4x Quick Ball [10 CC]
4x Net Ball [4 CC]
4x Cherish Ball [3 CC]
Total: 33 CC

Sample Legendary Pack 2:
1x Super Potion [2 CC]
1x Ether [1 CC]
1x Elixir [4 CC]
4x Heal Ball [8 CC]
12x Ultra Ball [12 CC]
8x Cherish Ball [6 CC]

Sample Legendary Pack 3:
1x Revive [4CC]
4x Quick Ball [10 CC]
4x Heal Ball [8 CC]
4x Cherish Ball [3 CC]
8x Dream Ball [8 CC]
Uber TLR:

Uber Backpack:
Pack Limit: 45 CC

Potion: 3 slots
Super Potion: 2 slots
Ether: 3 Slots
Elixir: 1 Slot
Revive: 2 Slots
TLR Item Spare Pocket (5 Slots)

Sample Uber Pack 1:
2x Potion [2 CC]
2x Super Potion [4 CC]
3x Ether [3 CC]
1x Elixir [4 CC]
2x Revive [8 CC]
4x Quick Ball [10 CC]
8x Cherish Ball [6 CC]
4x Heal Ball [8 CC]
Total: 45 CC

Sample Uber Pack 2:
1x Ether [1 CC]
1x Elixir [4 CC]
1x Revive [4 CC]
4x Quick Ball [10 CC]
4x Timer Ball [10 CC]
4x Heal Ball [8 CC]
8x Dream Ball [8 CC]

Sample Uber Pack 3:
2x Super Potion [4 CC]
2x Ether (2 CC]
1x Elixir [4 CC]
1x Revive [4 CC]
12x Cherish Ball [9 CC]
12x Ultra Ball [12 CC]
4x Timer Ball [10 CC]

- - - - -

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I agree with the new prices, they make the TLRs at least decently accessible.

As far as legendaries go, I think that the weaker ones (like the minor trios, Lunar duo, mythicals, etc.) being available for about 15 CC (plus 3 for being fully evolved), with a Legends Clause allowed. I think that the major ones (Mewtwo, boxart trios, etc.), though, should not be made available (or just available for rewards for certain things).

As far as legendaries go, I think that the weaker ones (like the minor trios, Lunar duo, mythicals, etc.) being available for about 15 CC (plus 3 for being fully evolved), with a Legends Clause allowed. I think that the major ones (Mewtwo, boxart trios, etc.), though, should not be made available (or just available for rewards for certain things).
<waterwarrior> like you can buy a rare candy
<waterwarrior> or a Latios
<waterwarrior> decisions decisions...
hmm... I'll go with Rare Candy imo. Rare Candy Cacturne for Ubers
Edit: the other thing is gyms. Let's take a look at a few prospective gym teams...
Texas: dialga | palkia | rayquaza | reshiram | zekrom | giratina | kyurem formes
Gerard: Mewtwo | Deoxys | Meloetta | Mew | Celebi | Jirachi ggggggggggggggg

Last edited:
The approach of almost all ASBs is that legends are uncapturable if they even exist in theory. This was originally the policy of CaP ASB. Legend Data was created at the beginning but had no real use. zarator made raids, which put it to a use. Then Deck decided to make legends an ultimate trophy of skill, power, and luck that could be used in battle, unlike ASB badges. The idea of ASB legends is that they are a reward for talent, not just wealth. They are akin to winning tournaments or massive badge sets. Yes, they are a trophy of sorts. But they are not a kind that should be purchased.

What would you call minor? 15 CC is far too low of a suggestion. It costs more to buy an Expert Belt and just as much to buy an Everstone. Well, you can buy an Everstone or you can have a Darkrai/Keldeo/Entei. You can buy a set of Choice Items or you can buy the entire Musketeer Quartet. Yes, I saw your +3 for being fully evolved. 18 CC for 1 legendary pokemon. It would take a newbie 4 matches to have enough UC to buy one. I can ref 3 matches and have enough UC to buy a legendary. This has to be the dumbest suggestion in the last 2 days. This even tops giving Raichu access to Light Ball.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
I disagree with the above proposal. If we were to just buy a Darkrai/Heatran/whatever legendary, then they wouldn't be, well, legendary. Letting everyone just buy Legendaries makes them lose their prestige of being elusive and mythical.

Also, on an unrelated note, is there a "dislike" button for posts?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Legendary Pokémon will never be purchasable through any means. End of story. Any further posts regarding that particular matter will be moderated (i.e. no more posts on the matter).

============================================

Anyhow, I have some questions related to the CC-limited Bags:
  • So if I enter a TLR with items I had either bought in the past or had bought in a previous TLR, will they count towards the CC limit?
  • Will hold items count towards the CC limit?
  • Concerning the rare items that have been given away as prizes, like for example, Max Revive. Will these items count towards the CC limit? If so (likely), how much CC will they cost, & will they get a CC drop like the regular items, even though they cannot be purchased?
It seems like a solid concept & I do support it, but I kinda want to see these questions answered, no matter how obvious the answers could be. It would be a great clarification so when this gets implemented for new TLR challenges, there will be as little grey areas as possible.

Deck Knight

Legendary Pokémon will never be purchasable through any means. End of story. Any further posts regarding that particular matter will be moderated (i.e. no more posts on the matter).

============================================

Anyhow, I have some questions related to the CC-limited Bags:
  • So if I enter a TLR with items I had either bought in the past or had bought in a previous TLR, will they count towards the CC limit?
  • Will hold items count towards the CC limit?
  • Concerning the rare items that have been given away as prizes, like for example, Max Revive. Will these items count towards the CC limit? If so (likely), how much CC will they cost, & will they get a CC drop like the regular items, even though they cannot be purchased?
It seems like a solid concept & I do support it, but I kinda want to see these questions answered, no matter how obvious the answers could be. It would be a great clarification so when this gets implemented for new TLR challenges, there will be as little grey areas as possible.

To answer the questions in full, the CC Limit is very flexible. You can actually SPEND more CC to get the initial number of balls, but you can only BRING that amount.

For example, most people probably aren't going to use all 4 Quick Balls. They'll probably use two, the first one A1 to get the 40 CHP hit in, and they'll use a weaker ball later. So you can buy 4x Quick Balls, but only bring in 2x, which will eat up 5CC of your limit. In a way the sample backpacks are misleading - if you want to spend more CC to get a more customized pack you can. You could spend 20CC, and only use 2 each of Quick Balls and Timer Balls, which would probably go a lot farther.

As example of a Super-Specialized Pack:
2x Potion [2 CC]
1x Super Potion [2 CC]
2x Ether [2 CC]
1x Elixir [4 CC]
1x Revive [4 CC]
1x Quick Ball [2.5 CC] {10 CC}
3x Timer Ball [7.5 CC] {10 CC}
2x Heal Ball [4 CC] {8 CC}
2x Ultra Ball [2 CC] {4 CC}
4x Cherish Ball [3 CC]
Total: 33 CC {46 CC}

Total value brought is 33 CC (legal), but what was actually bought was 46 CC, and the trainer will have 3x Quick, 1x Timer, and 2x Heal and Ultra Balls in their profile items.

Spare slot items, as they are based on skill or on completing difficult sections of TLRs are not considered in the CC Cap, while purchasable items are. If you trawl around TLRs long enough to pick up a Hyper Potion, Full Restore, and a Max Revive, you could bring them with you in the 3 slots of any TLR - but if you ran into another item you'd have to discard that one or one of the ones in your pack. You can only bring the limit of purchasable items with you, you can't use Spare Slots for extras of those items.

Hold Items are considered part of the Pokemon you bring in and are not part of the limit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)