1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Legendless (OU/wifi RMT)

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Simon The Digger, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Simon The Digger

Simon The Digger

This is my first attempt at a completely balanced team, I like it so far, it has a good record.

Charizard @ Choice Scarf
    evs: 4 Hp/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Ability: Blaze
    nature: Modest
    Fire Blast
    Air Slash
    Hidden Power [Ice]/ Hidden Power Grass
    Focus Blast

Anti lead, but as i said, i try not to use legends, so here he is. Similar idea as moltres really, tries to stop leads from setting up SR, so that he can come back later. Also receives boosts from Jolteon.Moltres' scarf-lead set says overheat, but i went with fire blast for more damage over an extended time. This works in situations where he is low on health (SR and whatever) and activates blaze. I have swept in the late game with this set. I still can't decide which hP to use though...

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
    Evs: 252 Atk / 232 SpA / 24 Spe
    Ability: sandstream
    Nature: brave
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Fire Blast
    Ice Beam

My wall breaker to open a sweep for lucario, and he is very good at attacking in general, recieves boosts from jolteon as well, and takes out many counters to the two main sweepers. Ice beam takes out gliscor and hippowdon, while fire blast annhilates steels. Stone edge and crunch are there for the dual stab, and because they both hit counters to lucario hard (salamence, gyara with stone edge, cresselia, dusknoir with crunch)

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Crunch
    - ExtremeSpeed

Lucario is my first sweeper, in this case a physical one, with tyranitar and others opening the road to break through. I tend to bring him out late, after tyranitar and co. have taken out gliscor, salamence, whatever counters him really. I send him in on pokemon who cannot do much (blissey without thunderwave, scizor locked on bullet punch, etc.), set up, and sweep (hopefully.) Crunch over ice punch so ghosts don't wall me. Extremespeed for fast, frail enemies. (infernape, azelf, and weakened starmie.)

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
    nature: Timid
    evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Charge Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power Ice
    Baton Pass

Unconventional, but i've had a lot of success with this set. HP ice for dragon coverage. Charge beam has a chance to boost special attack, and if someone who threatens jolteon swtiches in, i baton pass out to any one of my four other special attackers. I usually bring him in on water or flying types later in the match, once their ground types are gone. If he comes in earlier, Charge beam usually comes first, as it is sort of a scout move. Example: blissey comes in on charge beam, special attack goes up, next turn i BP to Tyranitar, giving him a boost and making the opponent wonder if he is a specs version, and tyranitar stone edges her out of the picture and proceeds to destroy with 404 attack and ( i think, not sure about the stat here) a 425 special attack).

Gliscor (M) @) Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Evs: 252 HP/ 40 Def/ 216 Spe
    Moveset:
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Roost

Physical wall and stealth rock in one who also happens to have the typing and stats counter some of the biggest threats in OU, how good is that?
    Sand veil takes advantage of sandstorm. I usually bring him in after charizard beats the lead, sending him in on a predicted thunderbolt or stone edge. On the switch, he sets up the rocks. Later on, i use him to counter pokemon like lucario. Used to have aerial ace, but i switched to stone edge because AA was not helping

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Water Absorb
    EVS: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 SAtk
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Wish
    Protect

Vaporeon is very good at three things: wish support, special tank, and countering fire types like infernape. Most pokemon vaporeon counters are faster even with the 68 speed evs, so i outfitted him with a little more power than usual. One difference is ice beam over HP electric, just because I needed dragon support rather than gyarados support. (jolteon beats gyarados)

There is my team.
    My basic strategy is finding a way to clear jolteon and lucario for a sweep, while gliscor and vaporeon tank and support. Charizard and Tyranitar are for clearing a path for the sweepers.
    Read and review everyone!
  2. Simon The Digger

Simon The Digger

3. Simon The Digger

Simon The Digger

alright, i have one question: should i have a different lead, and if so, what? I'm considering a gyarados lead, and changing lucario to SD infernape, but if i do that do i need any other changes?
  4. Simon The Digger

Simon The Digger

did i make a mistake? why has nobody posted here?
  5. Simon The Digger

Simon The Digger

I hate to do this, but this team has been up for two days and nobody has commented. has everyone put me on their ignore lists or something? come on, its called the "Rate my team" forum, not the "ignore my team for no apparent reason" thread.
    I'm begging you, rate my team.
  6. Simon The Digger

Simon The Digger

what the hell? i just posted here, and my post got deleted. someone rate my team!
  7. Simon The Digger

Simon The Digger

please please please (repeats ten trillion times) rate my team
  8. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ahahahahah oh my god. This is soo great.

Stop talking to yourself, only bump it once a day.
  9. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

I can see this user really wants a rate. I recommend using a Bounce Gyarados, it fits your style of play.
  10. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

walled by zapdos then imo
  11. august

august free the robots
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournament

Use HP Grass on Jolteon
  12. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I would give this a rate, but it looks like tactician1016 has already taken care of you.
  13. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

please please please
  14. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Here's my rate:

Use legends.
  15. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

i was reading the first post and was like "hey this isn't so bad i mean it's just a bad team and writing, not too awful or funny"

then i scrolled down
  16. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

bumpers
  17. SoT

SoT Yes please!

did i make a mistake?
  18. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

bump. why wont you guys make jokes come on what did i do wrong jerks
  19. cookie

cookie Adominnustrata
    is a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
    Soc. Forums Leader

hello chaos.i have writed team.did i make mistake?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)