Let more people be in private conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
The title says it all.

Seriously I need more than 15 people, its really limiting and it always feels like somebody gets left out.

and no I'm not saying we should be able to invite the entire smogon to a convo, 20 would actually be enough.

Hopefully this isn't XenForo's limit.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am like 100% sure you can add more than 15 people. After adding them by typing in their name (when you first make it), there should be an option to add more people at the bottom of the list of people in the convo. I am in multiple conversations with tons of people, so I know it's possible. I am also sure that it is not a badgeholder-only thing, as well.

Arhops

it says otherwise for me:

and at the bottom of the list of people it just ends :/

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe you can't add >15.... at a time? I have been in convos of far more than 15 people.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Would it be a badgeholder only feature? I've received a PM from Limitless regarding Tutor stuff (which I quit Smogon after like, 1 week in) which had probably 30 or so people and it really seems like it was all a single-shot thing.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
At 15 people you are way better off just making/using an IRC chat tbh... 15 seems like a crazy number for a private conversation anyway.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Would it be a badgeholder only feature? I've received a PM from Limitless regarding Tutor stuff (which I quit Smogon after like, 1 week in) which had probably 30 or so people and it really seems like it was all a single-shot thing.
I am like 100% sure you can add more than 15 people. After adding them by typing in their name (when you first make it), there should be an option to add more people at the bottom of the list of people in the convo. I am in multiple conversations with tons of people, so I know it's possible. I am also sure that it is not a badgeholder-only thing, as well.
At the current moment, it is, in fact, a badgeholder-only feature. Ask Laga, who was the only one able to get Arcticblast into a conversation of ours (which had 16 people at the time). You can also ask Hulavuta, who got others to join after that due to unawareness that he could've added Arcticblast.

Arhops

So is there anything you can do about this or are you going to keep it Badge only?

Because IRC won't work for me since I need to have a way to talk to my terrible time-zone matchup friends.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
You can ask a badgeholder to do it for you. Feel free to PM me or something if you want.

Smogon has historically had a user PM limit for regular users. It used to be 5 on vBulliten's system, but that wasn't a stellar system in the first place.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So is there anything you can do about this or are you going to keep it Badge only?

Because IRC won't work for me since I need to have a way to talk to my terrible time-zone matchup friends.
Honestly, unless it's a super dire thing that a lot of members want, it will probably stay a badgeholder-only thing. With a badge comes certain perks. It's just something you'd have to deal with. Yeah, it sucks, but it's just something a regular user has to deal with. Sorry, man. :(

1k inside!!!

1KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

haha sweet finally i can be done with this x.x

Ace Emerald seriously one of the best guys and best mods on Smogon. Mentorship/Youtube/UU is definitely very lucky to have you, and you're a great leader on Smogon.

Agent Gibbs haha JESUSFREAK94. you're a great player and i'm glad that you came to smogon :) you've definitely made a name for yourself, and for good reason, too. i hope you're doing well with college and whatnot! :)

Alter who r u???? nah jk. you became one of my best smogon buddies when i came back this year, and i'm glad too, because you definitely helped me get mods in the first place. you'll get contribs really soon, i just know it!

Birkal 9.9 hi boss! :) thanks for considering (and not banning me e.e) me for a mentor mod. you've helped me achieve a lot on smogon in these past 5 months, so i thank you for that, birdkal :)

cbt dang son you're a lot better than people make you out to be :( you're a really good contributor, so don't let anyone tell you otherwise. yeah, you've had a shaky past, but hey, not everyone is perfect. you can do it though!!!

complete legitimacy another serebii buddy :) dang, we've done work on here, haha. going from HO freaks on serebii to contributors on smogon is a big leap, tbh, and i'm glad you moved over here too (even if you did get your badge before me >:|). keep contributong and get back into mons!

Darnell dude i still think you're some skinny white boy on a pokemon forum haha. you're black???? /me pet darnell n_n nah, you're a great mentor and a great contributor to the program. get that rmt badge >:| :) you can do it!!

DTC you're younger than me x.x.x.x.x that is crazy. you have like 339830 leader positions and you're, what, 12???? hahaha, you're a great leader, though, and your sections are lucky to have you. definitely a top-notch contributor, and a great beginning to a great career on smogon.

Electrolyte :o haha, glad to see you're back! :) you've definitely racked up some more badges, and keep them this time! >:| get mods in doubles/lc/ou/whatever tier you play bc you play, like, all of them x.x haha, you're great at them though! keep it up :)

GatoDelFuego WE WERE HERE TO GRAMMAR hahaha. i'm glad we didn't turn out as enemies x.x good thing, too, because you're one of my best smogon friends, too, and we live kinda close! we need to meet up soon!! band nerd hehehe

Goddess Briyella bri!!! ♥♥♥♥ i told you you'd get mods soon! and i was right! haha. you're an outstanding contributor, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. and don't be afraid to mow your lawn and get dirty >:| sweating is fun tbh. haha. /me hug bri. lead lc!!

Hulavuta ehhe hulaaaaaaa MAKE YOUR CT/AVATAR MATCH MINE SOMETIMES >:[ haha. i remember battling you with ium's script, and also mentoring you wayyyy back when!! i don't think we'll get to meet up bc i won't be able to do band next year :( = no disneyworld ;;;;;; we will have to meet up another time! DOGBIRDS

ium you are a wonderful person, ium. and i mean it. you are great :) stop being so down on yourself. i'm always your friend.

Jellicent ~(^.^)~ hi jelli :) i can definitely say that you were my first smog friend on here, and my longest one, too. i'm glad, because i never would have gotten gp/contribs/anything without your help c.c thanks, jelli :) i'm glad you finally found some work, and i hope you can do that special thing you're planning on doing!!! :)

Kadew SISTER KADEW haha. we have the same name kinda :o AND we're both mormon!! wow!! crazy, huh? haha. your art is v good, and you need to be a mentor >:| good luck with college!! you're p smart if you go to byu haha. RING BEFORE SPRING IS IT GONNA HAPPEN???

Laga Laga.

nah haha jk. where are you??? >:| you used to be on #mentor all the time :( come back!!! ;;;; YOURE A GOOD MENTOR THOUGH, ADNA GREAT DOUBLES PLAYERS! oops caps lol. but anyway!!! get mods soon!!! you can do it :)

Mazz didn't even make 1k ;;;;; i hope yuo can catch up with school and stuff, and i'm glad you're happy in life!! :) life > smogon tbh, and you're doing that! sorry you couldn't stay more :*( you would have gotten uu mods, i just know it. good luck with everything, friend :)

mikel m i k e (BAN ME PLEASE). nah mikel. you're a p good leader on ps, and i'm glad we somehow met???? tbh i forget how (gp????) im such a bad friend :( maybe im trying to repress the doge????? /me pet. also wtf asain-aussie gl fren :(

Minus @wyvern????? 56?????/ haha stay with one name >:| and get contribs soon!!!! you can do it!! gpgpgp! haha, and you're a good mentor, too! sorry about cm :/ i tried to keep it going for as long as i could.

Nicaea WONRY :))) text me more :((( i forget to text you if you reply bc my phone is so bad aahahah. TEXT MEEEE

phoopes serebuddy!!!! haha. thanks for the nom! :) probably wouldn't have gotten it without you, so thanks! you need to be more active/teach me how to drum. also we need to have that every-style battle soon !_!

Shame That dang i remember when we were both amcheckers ;;;;; haha, so long ago! come back old man >:| also get leaders on ps!! it will be easy for you haha. also ugh i still think you're american but you get on at weird times x.x early smogon eh???

shaymin DERKKK. how long have we known each other??? haha. thanks for being my leader for forever! it's weird now that i'm your leader (in a couple of sections). it's still nice to get your opinion on things though! also WHERE IS THAT OP???? OPOPOPOPO wherre???

Tomahawk FINALLY no more 9!!! haha, probably had it since pre-bug days! you're a really good mentor, and i wish you had more time to help out people! because you're a great mentor. get that tr back ;!

TrollFreak ah rashaid :) my age and in college. im falling way behind :( haha. log back on more!! i miss you buddy :((

Vacate nerdnerd nerd haha. nah you're a really REALLY goo contributor, and i see you getting mods soon! congrats on ss VOLT ABSORB. haha. i remember you coming to me when you were a small + like me!! now look at you 9.9

Wobbanaut WHERE ARE YOU COME BACK

these are the people that follow me!! i did those whom i've known for a long time/know really well on smogon, but i havent forgotten about the rest!!! you're all good contributors/people somehow, and i'm really glad to have met you!! :) HAPPY SMOGONNING

[22:59] <TheRealTCR> : [ not even a mention

trc or tcr???? nah jk lol! haha. hello! :) get contribs for lc >:(

trc. DOT. get smog media!! you'rea goof htmler!!

also how could i forget Lady Salamence :(

you are great LS! :) im sad to se you go, but glad you're happy! :) also im really glad you're fine ahhh. and still cant keep away from smogon >:)

Hollywood eh treecko?? is that you?? haha. be treecko >:| best hoenn starter imo. but anyway!! thanks for helping me out way earlier ths year. i probably wou;dnt have gotten mentor mods without your help either!! :) thanks treecko! and too bad we dont live closer anymore :( altho hanging out with a minor for you must suck bc cant drink x.x.x.x hahaha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)