Let's get Down and Dirty. Some Random and Jesseus, 2v2 Singles (SS Refs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after my time spent on the plains of Africa, hunting for a plot of land that people are not fighting on, I come across this hut, out near the edge of this shanty-town. "Hmm, seems innocent enough," I mutter to myself, and rush inside to escape the heat, my Geodude, Solid, in tow. After a long stretch of darkened hallway, I find myself suddenly blinded by a sudden burst of light. And as I stumble forward, unable to see, I trip and land at the foot of a chair.

"Ohh sweet, we got a ref!"

I stand up, looking agape. "Ohh, come on..." I sigh, grabbing my pad and pen and settle into what I can see now is a Ref's stand. "Fine then. Have your battle thingy."

The Rules to be Abided by said:
2v2 Singles
2 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
All Abilities
Switch=ok
Items on
No Attacking the Ref or his Pokemon, lest you be cut
The Arena said:
Arena: Terra Cage
Field Type: Ground
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All

Restrictions: All Weather moves bar Sandstorm will fail, No Water Source, no Natural Grass, Limited ceiling

Description: Terra Cage is a rough, indoor, desolate place that despite its hard, rocky surface, can be dug into. It is about 50x50m in length & width, & it is 30m high. The main mechanic here that gives Ground Types an advantage here is that when Sandstorm is used, it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm.
During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 3 Damage, +/- 1 for each time they are weak to/resist Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground moves used by non-Ground Pokemon have -1 Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that have abilities that activate under Sandstorm will activate under a Mudstorm.

Summary: Anything mentioned in the Restrictions, plus Sandstorm will turn into a Mudstorm when used.
And with that said, let's see what our trainers will be using:

Its_A_Random's Team!

Hippowdon(*) [Stortamus] (M)
NATURE: Impish

TYPE
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

ABILITIES
Sand Stream: (Innate) When entering into battle, this Pokemon summons a massive Sandstorm that does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so. It can re-summon the effect mid-battle for 9% Energy with a command.
Sand Force (DW Unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have two (2) added to their Base Attack Power. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

STATS
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 5 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 47
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 7
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

ATTACKS (26)
LEVEL-UP
Ice Fang
Fire Fang
Thunder Fang
Tackle*
Sand-Attack*
Bite*
Yawn*
Take Down*
Dig*
Sand Tomb*
Crunch
Fissure

TM/HM

Roar*
Toxic
Earthquake*
Rest
Giga Impact
Stone Edge
Rock Slide*
Substitute

EGG
Curse*
Slack Off*
Body Slam*
Revenge

PAST-GEN
Endure
Stealth Rock

Gastrodon [Sleast] (M)
Nature: Quiet (NC) (-10% Evasion)

TYPE
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

ABILITIES
Sticky Hold: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a sticky substance that prevents item theft or swapping.
Storm Drain: (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Sand Force (DW Unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have two (2) added to their Base Attack Power. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

STATS
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 33 (-)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 18

MC: 0

ATTACKS (33)

LEVEL-UP
Mud-Slap
Mud Sport
Harden
Water Pulse
Mud Bomb
Hidden Power (Fire 7)
Rain Dance
Body Slam
Muddy Water
Recover

TM/HM
Toxic
Ice Beam
Protect
Earthquake
Return
Dig
Sludge Wave
Sandstorm
Scald
Rock Slide
Substitute
Surf
Strength
Waterfall

EGG

Counter
Mirror Coat
Stockpile
Yawn
Fissure
Sludge

PAST-GEN
Endure
Earth Power
Pain Split

Lord Jesseus' Team!

Seadra [Kappa] (Female)

Nature: Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 74 (-)
Eva: -10%
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 5/9
MC: 6

Abilities:
Sniper: (Innate) This Pokemon has deadly accuracy and strikes sensitive points, increasing its critical hit bonus from +3 to +5 on single attacks, +2 to +3 on two-hit attacks, and +1 to +2 on multi-hit attacks.
Poison Point: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).
Damp (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

Attacks (19):
Bubble
Smokescreen
Leer
Water Gun
Focus Energy
Bubblebeam
Agility
Brine
Hydro Pump
Dragon Dance

Outrage
Signal Beam
Disable

Surf
Hidden Power (Electric 7)
Ice Beam
Rest
Sleep Talk
Bounce

Marowak [Rho a.k.a Boner] (Male)
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)

Type:
Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 39 (-)
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 16

MC: 2

Abilities:
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Lightningrod: (Innate) These Pokemon naturally attract electricity to themselves and away from partners in double battles. When struck with an Electric attack, they transfer the energy into their body, using it to increase their Special Attack by one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.
Battle Armour (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.

Attacks (27):
Bone Club
Growl
Tail Whip
Headbutt
Leer
Focus Energy
Bonemerang
Rage
Double Edge

Belly Drum
Detect
Skull Bash
Endure

Smack Down
Aerial Ace
Fire Blast
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Brick Break
Swords Dance
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dig
ThunderPunch
Fire Punch
Ice Beam
Focus Punch

Alright, since it's Random's Arena...

Its_A_Random Sends Out
Lord Jesseus Sends Out, Specifies Item, then Orders
Its_A_Random Orders
I Ref

Well, I might as well hit type advantage while I can.
Seadra with Expert Belt, go!
Surf, Surf, Surf! It's the best I can think to do.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
"Stortamus, use the fact that there is no water source in the arena to your advantage! Open up with a 20 HP Substitute, & then capitalise on your instant advantage with a Sand Force boosted Earthquake, followed by another Earthquake!"

Substitute (20 HP) > Earthquake > Earthquake

Oh fuck i misread that extremely badly
I somehow missed the restrictions and read "Anything mentioned in the Restrictions" as "anything goes, no restrictions"
Why am i retarded sometimes -_-
furthermore

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Pre-Round Information:
@

Hippowdon (Stortamus) [M]
HP:
En: 100
Stats: None
Abilities: Sand Stream | Sand Force
Other: None

@

Seadra (Kappa) [F]
HP:
Spe: 74
Stats: -10 Eva.
Abilities:Sniper | Poison Point | Damp

Round 1 Start!
Alright, let's get this battle started... Woah! Stortamus' Sand Stream throws up a...
Mudstorm said:
it randomly fuses itself with the mud that can be found in some places around the arena, & the Sandstorm turns into a Mudstorm. During a Mudstorm, at the end of every action, anything that isn't a Ground Type takes 3 Damage, +/- 1 for each time they are weak to/resist Ground (Flying & Levitiate is considered Neutral, Pokemon with Overcoat/Magic Guard don't take any damage). In addition, all non-Ground moves used by non-Ground Pokemon have -1 Accuracy. Any Ground-Type Pokemon that have abilities that activate under Sandstorm will activate under a Mudstorm.
Not wasting a moment, Kappa tries to conjure up a tidal wave from the mud puddles, but there's just Not enough water in the Arena! Stortamus doesn't seem the least bit concerned about this, and siphons some its life force into creating a little Substitute for the battle. It's not incredibly cute, but it'll do for now.

And yet again, Kappa's helpless flopping is unable to draw enough water to make the Surf that it so desperately desires. Stortamus laughs at its misfortune, and stamps on the hardened dirt-floor of the arena, causing an Earthquake that terrifies some of the locals outside of the arena, as well as myself. It's a good thing this place was built to withstand such a hit... But it seems that Kappa is a little worse for wear.

And this round is identical to the last. Kappa fails to draw enough water to cause a tidal wave, and Stortamus just creates an Earthquake. Let's hope that Kappa can pull something out of the hat next round.

The Mudstorm rages... and spoils my white pants. Thank you very much, stupid hippo thing. This is SimonSays, and I do hope that we still have stain remover at home... Roll the new stats, Steven!

Post-Round Information:
Arena Effects: Mudstorm (∞)
@

HP:
En: 56
Other: Substitute (20HP)

@

Seadra (Kappa) [F]
HP:
En: 70

Before Round:
Hippowdon: Sand Stream Activates! (-10 En)

Action 1:
Seadra: Uses Surf! (7-1 = 6 En) Failed! (No Water Source)
Hippowdon: Uses Substitute! (18 En) (-20HP) Hippowdon created a Substitute!

Between Actions:
Seadra: Mudstorm! -3HP!

Action 2:
Seadra: Uses Surf! (7-1+4 = 10 En) Failed! (No Water Source)
Hippowdon: Uses Earthquake! (7-1= 6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 747) (10+3+2+(4-3)*1.5) = 16.5 = 17 Dmg!

Between Actions:

Action 3:
Seadra: Uses Surf! (7-1+8 = 14 En) Failed! (No Water Source)
Hippowdon: Uses Earthquake! (7-1+4 = 10 En) (Crit <63, rolled 1000) (10+3+2+(4-3)*1.5) = 16.5 = 17 Dmg!

End of Round:

Its_A_Random Orders
Lord Jesseus Orders
I Ref

Also, a question for IAR: With the Acc. Drop, what does that mean? "Non Ground Types using Non Ground Type moves". Does that mean that Pokemon that are Ground type but use non-Ground type moves have an Acc. Drop? Or that Pokemon that aren't Ground Type can use ground type moves uninhibited? Please to clarify.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Basically, when a Non-Ground Type Pokemon used a Non-Ground Type Move, the Accuracy drop applies. I should've been more specific...

"Excellent Job, Stortamus, even though the opposition failed. Begin the stanza with a Stone Edge, then go for another Earthquake. Finish off with another Earthquake & that should just do enough."

Stone Edge
> Earthquake > Earthquake

Pre-Round Information:
@

HP:
En: 56
Other: Substitute (20HP)

@

Seadra (Kappa) [F]
HP:
En: 70

Round 2 Start!
Welcome back to the Terra Cage, as I found out it's called. Maybe it should be renamed "Mud Hole", but anyways, battle on!

Kappa, catching onto the fact that there isn't any water for it to manipulate, instead draws on its own reserves, blasting a Hydro Pump across the battlefield! But it would seem that the Muddy Sand isn't doing any favours for her name, because it struck against the far wall, Missing completely. Stortamus laughs, collecting some of the rocks around the arena and launching them with gusto at the little lost Seahorse. But... wow! The Stone Edge Missed! Who hasn't heard that one before...

Kappa continues the assault, breathing out the great jets of water like a dragon breathes fire with another Hydro Pump. But when firing (watering?) in the middle of a Muddy Sandstorm, one's aim is not always effective. The first Hydro Pump misses, leaving Stortamus to stamp on the ground, causing an Earthquake that rocks the reffing chair violently. I'm so glad that my Geodude has the Levitate Command, otherwise I would have been most unimpressed.

Trying desperately to find its mark, Kappa keeps up the high pressure by launching yet another Hydro Pump, and for just one moment, there seems to be Hope in this beat-up old arena... The Hydro Pump found its Mark! The Hippo was hit! The Plushie was torn to pieces!... Ohh yes, the Substitute. That had such promise... Stortamus laughs yet again, slamming its great bulk into the water-softened dirt, causing yet another Earthquake that buffets the little Seadra that really should never have been brought into such a desert-ous arena.

The Mudstorm rages... And Ha! I got a plastic covering on my pants! Make these dirty! ... Ohh wait, my hat... This is SimonSays, and I really need a jacket. Roll the new Stats, Steven!

Post-Round Information:
@

HP:
En: 33

@

Seadra (Kappa) [F]
HP:
En: 37
Abilities: Sniper | Poison Point | Damp

Action 1:
Seadra: Uses Hydro Pump! (8-1 = 7 En) (Miss <400, rolled 304) Missed!
Hippowdon: Uses Stone Edge! (7 En) (Miss <100, rolled 100) Missed!

Between Actions:

Action 2:
Seadra: Uses Hydro Pump! (8-1+4= 11 En) (Miss <400, rolled 112) Missed!
Hippowdon: Uses Earthquake! (7-1 = 6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 815) (10+3+2+(4-3)*1.5) = 16.5 = 17 Dmg!

Between Actions:

Action 3:
Seadra: Uses Hydro Pump! (8-1+8 = 15 En) (Miss <400, rolled 932) (Crit <63, rolled 925) (12+2+3+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 27.75 = 28 Dmg! The Substitute Broke!
Hippowdon: Uses Earthquake! (7-1+4= 10 En) (Crit <63, rolled 221) (10+3+2+(4-3)*1.5) = 16.5 = 17 Dmg!

End of Round:

Lord Jesseus Orders
Its_A_Random Orders
I Ref

BAMF. Speed reffing.

Pre-Round Information:

@

HP:
En: 33

@

Seadra (Kappa) [F]
HP:
En: 37

Round 3 Start!
Let's get this done quick.
Kappa: Cleanse the filth! Decimate the filth! (Hydro Pump)
Stortamus: OM NOM NOM Seahorse. (Bite)
Kappa: X.X
Stortamus: Ho ho ho ho ho...

And with that subtle Jabba the Hutt reference, Kappa is down. This is SimonSays, and I feel dirty. Literally. This Mudstorm was not a good idea.

Post-Round Information:
@

HP:
En: 29

@

Seadra (Kappa) [F]
HP:
-4 (KO'd)
En: 18

Action 1:
Seadra: Uses Hydro Pump! (8-1+12 = 19 En) (Miss <400, rolled 502) (Crit <63, rolled 519) (12+3+2+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 27.75 = 28 Dmg!
Hippowdon: Uses Bite! (4 En) (Crit <63, rolled 656) (6+(4-3)*1.5) = 7.5 = 8 Dmg! Seadra Fainted! (Poison <300, rolled 356)

With that KO, Rho is now out.

@ TBS
Marowak (Rho) [M]
HP:
Spe: 39
Abilities: Rock Head | Lightningrod | Battle Armour

Lord Jesseus Specifies Item
Its_A_Random Orders
Lord Jesseus Orders
I Ref

I'm not allowed to assume that you're using Thick Club.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
"Alright, Stortamus, enough! Come in Sleast!"

Initiating Switch Phase
Stortamus Out, Sleast In

Since LJ only has one Pokemon, he cannot Counterswitch, hence, I can make actions immediately. And yes, everyone knows what he's holding, because it is mentioned in the OP.

"Alright Sleast, time to get rolling. Begin with a powerful Scald, then back it up with a Water Pulse, & finish with another Scald. If Rho uses some evasive move, like Dig, just laugh & attack, thanks to your item."

Scald
> Water Pulse > Scald

I don't like the looks of this... There's no way to outdamage him, and the arena isn't complex enough to facilitate anything tricky.
Belly Drum~Earthquake~Bonemerang
Might as well speed up the process.

Pictures and calcs will follow. My parents thought it'd be cool to kick me off the internet.

Pre-Round Information:
Arena Effects: Mudstorm (Forever)
@

Gastrodon (Sleast) [M]
HP:
Spe: 33
Abilities: Sticky Hold | Storm Drain | Sand Force

@

Marowak (Rho) [M]
HP:
Spe: 37

Round 4 Start!
A new Round, a new battle. This time, a lot more balanced. Let's go! w/ SPPPEEEED!!!1!

Action 1, GO!
Rho: Come at me, Bro! (Belly Drum)
Sleast: Gargle gargle, Pew! Be clean! (Scald)
Rho: Ha! I feel no burn! (No Hax)

Action 2, GO!
Rho: And with my Mighty Club, I strike thee down! Feel the Earth Shake beneath you! (Earthquake)
Sleast: That's cool and all, but I can do magic with Water! Feel the purifying waves wash over you! (Water Pulse)
Rho: That's kinda hypnotizing. But I pay it no mind! (No Hax)

Action 3, GO!
Rho: Not only that, but I can strike you from a distance! Taste thy doom, you cheap Quagsire Knock-off! (Bonemerang)
Sleast: I am no knock-off. I faint things. Frequently. Now Burn like the Lobster you are. (Scald)
Rho: Although my strength has failed me... those who follow behind me... shall prevail... Everything is happening... for a reason.
Sleast: You silly dinosaur. This is the end of the battle. You were strong, but you didn't have the endurance to pull through. Until you learn that, you will never defeat me.

And with that cold KO, the battle is over. The Mudstorm finally dies down, It's_A_Random standing triumphant alongside his slug. I angrily hand him my laundry bill and storm out, heading back towards the beach and sunshine. And clean.

Roll the final stats, Steven!

Post-Round Information:
Arena Effects: Mudstorm (Forever)
@

Gastrodon (Sleast) [M]
HP:
En: 87
Spe: 33
Abilities: Sticky Hold | Storm Drain | Sand Force

@

Marowak (Rho) [M]
HP:
-9 KO'd)
En: 58
Spe: 37
Other: KO'd!

Action 1:
Marowak: Uses Belly Drum! (30 En) (-45HP) Marowak cut health to Maximumize Attack! (+6)
Gatrodon: Uses Scald! (6-1= 5 En) (Crit <63, rolled 64) (8+3+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 18.75 = 19 Dmg! (Burn <300, rolled 519)

Action 2:
Marowak: Uses Earthquake! (7-1= 6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 429) (10+3+((4*2)-3)*1.5)+(6*1.75) = 31 Dmg!
Gastrodon: Uses Water Pulse! (4-1= 3 En) (Crit <63, rolled 587) (6+3+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 15.75 =16 Dmg! (Conf <200, rolled 693)

Action 3:
Marowak: Uses Bonemerang! (7-1= 6 En) (Crit <63, rolled 952, 958) (10+3+(8-)*1.5)+(6*1.75) = 31 Dmg!
Gastordon: Uses Scald! (6-1= 5 En) (Crit <63, rolled ) (8+3+(4-3)*1.5)*1.5 = 18.75 = 19 Dmg! Marowak Fainted!

ITS_A_RANDOM WINS!
Prizes!
Random:
2 TC
Stortamus the HIPPOWDON: 3 MC, 1 KOC
Sleast the GASTRODON: 3 MC, 1 KOC

Jesseus: 2 TC
Kappa the SEADRA: 1 EC, 2 MC
Rho the MAROWAK: 3 MC

SimonSays: 4 RC

GG to you both. Sorry for those times when it was all lack-luster.

G
Because only one of us played a good game
:D
I think we've determined that your arena is excellent at destroying inattentive noobs, and inducing hax in hydro pumps.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Eh, gg LJ, Nice to play you again. Maybe the arena is a bit too biased...Maybe just reducing the accuracy drop to a flat 15% might work? I don't know.

Thanks for reffing SS, much appreciated as usual. Now to claim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)