1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Let's Play General / Discussion

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by -Terywj-, Dec 12, 2011.

1. -Terywj-

-Terywj-

Are they any other Let's Players on Smogon? Aside from Pokemon, etc.? This thread can be used as a general to help share and promote your stuff with others. Sounds like a neat thread to help gain views, subscribers, and the like.

My channel's got Team Fortress 2, Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke, Super Mario Crossover, and other various assortment of games.

Also, if this gets enough reception, I can turn this into a compilation of all the Smogon Let's Players so we can have like a pseudo-archive.

Or even if you're not a Let's Player, perhaps you watch people like SeamusPKC, UberHaxorNova, Chuggaconroy, etc. etc. We can talk about that, too.
  2. Alan

Alan

I'm going to do letsplays once Skyrim is in my possession because I normally post Call of Duty videos, but once I get it. I won't have a need for anything else. I'm considering capturing some of my games if I ever get good at Pokemon again.

Lets plays are pretty fun to watch though, especially if the commentary is good. I thought about buying SR3 for a Let's Play as well, but I'll probably wait.
  3. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I still watch WoDotA's top 10s; in the unlikely event that no one has heard of it: it's a Chinese compilation of the top 10 'plays' made this week.

great watch for whoever enjoys the game

http://www.wodota.com/spzx/top10/

they have a youtube channel too, which is probably preferable for the majority of users
  4. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

5. doomvendingmachine

doomvendingmachine
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The Sonic 2006 LP KotW linked is simultaneously one of the most enjoyable and frustrating things i've ever watched. It is FOREVER, but if anyone has a ton of extra time on their hands it's a great watch.
  6. -Terywj-

-Terywj-

I think I'll take a look at it once finals are over, heh.
  7. Layell

Layell Alas poor Yorick, I knew him, Peter Gabriel too!
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Sprite Leader

If you want a really hilarious one try Spoony's Phantasmagoria run. I have never seen someone riff on something like that at such a constant pace. The video quality gets better after the first hour.

The ending though is probably the greatest thing I've ever seen. If you watch some of the other video reviewers on TGWTG you'll love the end.

Also his: SWAT 4 has some hilarious running jokes and by the final one you can't help but burst out laughing at the first 5 seconds.

I'd consider doing an LP but I'd have to find a game bad enough, that I could still run through and I'd have to have a good mic setup I'm not sure how to get started. Those with me at the hotel at Smocon toronto would remember how much I loved to riff on the Beyblade and Magic School Bus shows we watched.
  8. Eiganjo

Eiganjo So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

9. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ssohpkc and nova are my two favorite consistent LPers. Both are hilarious and churn out content every day, and they do a wide variety of games. I've been wanting to do LPs for a while actually, I was thinking maybe I'd start over Christmas break so I have something to do.

Mostly do GBA shit though, oh well
  10. Xaqwais

Xaqwais

Yeah, SSoH is the only one I watch consistently. I don't watch everything from him (cause that'd be like 2 hours a day) but I love his style of humor. Nova and Sly and the others were all good too, but I generally only watch them if they are doing something with SSoH because mancrush.
  11. tangramman

tangramman

12. moonbound

moonbound

Attackingtucans is really funny as long as you still find immature humor funny. I'd go so far as to call him the new Nintendocaprisun (not that anything is wrong with the old NCS, who is still as good as ever).

Very NSFW (language)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhCCjdN7_gg
  13. Focus

Focus I'm waiting you...

For my Pokemon fix, I watch Slowflake's Let's Plays/rants. His mic sucks and his French Canadian accent takes some getting used to, but he sure can fill 15 minutes with nonstop talking, and is pretty up-to-date with Serebii and Smogon news.

All of the Runaway Guys are great. Just wish ProtonJon would post more Superman 64 videos...
  14. Temperantia

Temperantia

I highly suggest anyone who enjoys written LPs (with supplementary videos) check out The Dark Id on LP Archive. His LP's are some of the most hilarious things I've ever read, (perhaps with the exception of the RE series that has in-jokes that get old after awhile.)
  15. Byrne

Byrne

16. Zenotwapal

Zenotwapal

I don't like LPs at all. Most of them are utter shit.
    Slowbeef is ok but he is far better at actually making fun of LPs. And Chugga is pretty good... those are pretty much it. They are the only ones who aren't total geeks.
  17. Skytits

Skytits

What are you guys' thoughts on chuggaaconroy and nintendocaprisun? Those are the only 2 I watch.
  18. Walrein

Walrein

chugga is a bawss

I have a channel where I plan on posting LPs, but I'm really lazy so god knows if I'll ever do it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AWildWalreinAppeared
  19. Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf meh
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

I'm watching it, I'm on part 9. Out of 47. Fuck. Its only been 5 hours.
  20. moonbound

moonbound

Ncs is a classic and is one of the few let's players who make an interesting commentary about or while pkaying pretty much anything. Chugga is good for informative walkthrough-type stuff and has good video quality along with a regular upload schedule, but his commentary has gotten less interesting recently (he peaked somewhere between mother 3 and wind waker imo)
  21. Samuel L. Jesus

Samuel L. Jesus

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuardianGirth200/videos
    I know this guy from playing another game, his playthrough's really entertain me. I have quite a few more to watch but my favorite so far is his ocarina of time one (it's not finished iirc but I really like what he's done so far).
  22. Feathers

Feathers

I am watching the infamous Sonic 2006 one right now. What a terrible, terrible game. And to think I chose that pile of garbage over Viva Pinata. I did correct my mistake, don't worry.

I was thinking of doing a LP for Neopets: The Darkest Faerie. The glitches in that game can get pretty horrendous.

Or maybe one of the awful recent Sonic titles.
  23. SlimyDog

SlimyDog

24. jonnyrolo

jonnyrolo

25. Feathers

Feathers

since this got resurrected i guess i should ask if anyone has watched any funny ones lately.

i'm planning on doing one with friends for El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, mostly so that people actually become aware that it exists.

watching me play skyrim would probably be hilarious too, my playthrough so far has been filled with glitches, sideways meeko, terrible timing with random dragon attacks, and i had a ridiculous bounty in markarth for a while after i killed a bunch of guards by accident while trying to kill a dragon. i am also the worst assassin ever

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)