1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Let's Play! Let's Play: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by CJorex, Jul 14, 2013.

1. CJorex

CJorex

[​IMG]
    Hello Smogon! This is CJorex bringing you a Let's Play of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon- Red rescue Team. In this playthrough, it will not be just me being transformed into a Pokemon. You, the people of Smogon, will be allowed to request for a Pokemon named after you to join my rescue team in the quest to save the world. I will give a week or so for this to get enough requests; In the meantime, you may as well decide what you want to be!

Rules for making requests:
    -No repeats of the same Pokemon. Also, I would prefer to have as few repeated types as possible, to maximise my team's potential when exploring dungeons
    -If you wish to be my partner Pokemon, please have a second choice in mind in case I am unable to choose your first choice
    -Please, no Kecleon or any other Pokemon that is hard or impossible to recruit
    -I would especially appreciate it if anyone would like to take one of the Pokemon that automatically join your rescue team during the storyline (e.g. Magnemite, Absol)
    -I'd prefer it if you didn't request legendaries
    -I will start when I receive about 8 or so requests, however you may keep giving requests once I have started, as long as they do not require too much backtracking

That is about all; so get those requests rolling in!

Current Requests:
    Meloetta the Bellsprout
    Darkness the Absol
    Shiny the Gardevoir or Shaymin the Chikorita
    Recec the Spearow
    Jellicent the Magnemite
    Powergo the Mudkip or Houndour
    Solid the Ekans
    Machu the Aron
    Hollymon the Lombre
    Onicon the Remoraid
    TM13 the Snorunt
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  2. Meloetta<3

Meloetta<3

OH MY GOD I LOVE MYSTERY DUNGEON GAMES TO DEATH
    Can I be Eevee/Jolteon or Bellsprout?
  3. Darknesscrusher

Darknesscrusher

Darkness the Absol sounds badass.
  4. ShinyShaymin

ShinyShaymin

Mystery Dungeon... I have played blue rescue team, explorers of time, explorers of Sky, and gates to infinity. Mystery Dungeon is my favorite non-main stream pokemon series ^_^.
    I would love for a Chikorita to be named Shaymin or a Gardevoir to be named Shiny.
  5. CJorex

CJorex

I still need a few more requests before I can get started; Please keep them coming in!
  6. Recec

Recec

This looks pretty fun. Could I request to be a Spearow in your playthrough?
  7. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Always happy to see a Let's Play get rolling. I'll take that Magnemite for ya~

Also, you might wanna try hopping on #orangeislands on SynIRC to get a few more sign-ups. There are always peeps on there willing to join in this kind of thing ^.^
  8. powergo1

powergo1

If it is OK, i'd like to be the partner, a mudkip
  9. CJorex

CJorex

All three above have been accepted!
    Edit: Powergo, do you have a second choice in case I get a Water-type as my starter?
  10. powergo1

powergo1

Sure, ill have a Houndour (Silent Chasm)
  11. CJorex

CJorex

If it's possible I'd still like some more requests for this. I will give another few days for requests.
  12. S0L1D G0LD

S0L1D G0LD

Name an ekans solid, after me. Plus solid snake, so......
  13. MachuMan

MachuMan

If you're still excepting names and stuff, can I be Machu the Aron (Mt Steel)?
  14. Hollymon

Hollymon

Hollymon the Lombre. I hope that is recruitable!
  15. ChaosABliss

ChaosABliss

Name a Torchic Lavel. Thats my middle name. Please.
  16. Onicon

Onicon

From the meta point of view we'd like you to get a Remoraid. It is Water type and comes with high-tier moves like BubbleBeam and Psybeam. It can learn Flamethrower and once it evolves, the broken Bulletseed. If it needs to clean a room, there is always Blizzard. So Remoraid is good. It's TheGun. Post-Rayquaza only, unfortunately, but you don't seem to mind.
  17. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

TM13 the Snorunt. Should be fine, though I think that's post-Rayquaza too. :/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)