Let's play switcharo~

Hello guys! I just joined this site, how are you all? Anyway I been playing Pokemon since the early days and decided to get back into the competitve field (used to play really hardcore in D/P, but kinda stopped with Platinum.

Well I came up with the idea for this team last night as I went to bed. The idea was just behind Dragon Tail and Dragonite Multi-Scale. I didn't know Dragon Tail had -6 Pritority so in my sick imagination I was expecting to get two DD and proceed to annoy the crap out of my opponent by outspeeding and using Dragon Tail. After learning how it actually works and playing around with my mind, I got this:

[/img]
Deoxys-D @ Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Night Shade

Can set up both Steal Rock and Spikes. Night Shade for sake of not getting taunt to death. I was consisdering putting Trick + Choice Item for stealing lead Leftover and hopefully screwing up their SR set-up.

[/img]
Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 56 Def / 132 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Roar
- Earthquake

The whole idea of the team. Try and maintain DDnite at max HP with the use of leftovers and Roost, then proceed to use Dragon Tail and start switching around the opponent. Roar is for dealing with Subs who assume Tail is the only way for the switch-ing to start and try to set-up. EQ is for pure filler stuff.

[/img]
Cofagrigus (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Mummy is awesome, it can really screw up a lot of Pokemons. HP fighting for things are not affected by Shadow Ball. WoW for crippling and Calm Mind to make both his defense 400. I started looking at ghost that could stop spinners and came up across him. I can only say he is very underrated. I only wish he could learn pain split or some recovery move.

[/img]
Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Scald

The sole purpose of this guy was to block Ice attacks aiming at DDnite, but it has work surprisingly well. Scald allows me to attempt at burning Pokes for extra use of the switching and Dragon Tail allows Milotic to switch stuff as well. Rest-Talk for use of his ability.

[/img]
Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

In case Deoxys-D fails to set up all 3 layers of Spikes he can finish the job. Safely switches in anything with Physical Move-poll and whirlwinds them around. Roost for recover and Brave Bird for finishing things off.

[/img]

Medicham (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Psycho Cut/Brick Break/High Jump Kick
- ThunderPunch

Revenge killer. I been using this same Medicham since D/P and all I can say it freaking works. Guy is a sexy best of love. Pore Power makes him hit hard as hell. I am debating on taking Thunder Punch off, since usually the same things that are weak to Thunder fall to Ice as well, only thing would be a lack of ability to hit hard water types.

I have done 7 battles with this team, and I won 4 and lost 3. Ferrothorn takes trouble to kill and Lucario did a number on the team, but it was my own stupidity that let him set up 3 SD's while I was foolish was trowing spikes.

Edit = Are the pictures working for everyone else? I am text-to-image installed, so I see the IMG tags and the pictures. @_@

This is a pretty good and unique team. Here is an idea for a different spin-blocker if you wanna run a different one, but if you don't cofigarius is fine.

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Surf
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
Jellicent is an excellent specialy defensive spin blocker. He has surf just for some extra STAB damage and hurt comon fire pokemon like heatran. Taunt is so pokemon can't just keep setting up off him or using subsitute. If you get a will-o-wisp in it kind of makes him a little bit of a physical wall too because it halves the opponents attack making Jellicent extremely hard to kill. And recovery is for, well you know, recovery. There are lots of variations of this set so do some experimenting before you make any decisions. Well take the idea if you like it and leave it if you don't.
-Good Luck.

Actually that is not a bad idea. Taunt would really help on things that want to set up. But the thing is that Jellicent is kinda ugly. >>
Might sound stupid and childish if making a competitive team, but I rather stay with Pokemon's who's design I like, but that's something to think about.

I have been playing non-stop since I made this topic, and the team has been doing excellent. I have won more than I have lost (I kinda stopped counting) and the amount of people that quit on me is rather ridiculous.

All I can say is that DDnite with both Roar and Dragon Tail is freaking amazing. People really do try to set-up Sub against DDnite a LOT and Roar allows me to roar it away with no problem.

I did switch around the Deoxys-D and I found this set is much better:
Deoxys-D @ Choice Specs Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Night Shade

I can steal a lot of Leftovers at the start of the match and screw up physical leads that set up Stealth rock on the first turn.

Another thing to consider is getting Toxic Spikes somewhere in here (Maybe Tentacruel as it can Rapid Spin too) and give Hex to Cofagrigrus.

Ferrothorn is not really giving me problems anymore, he dies slowly, but surely and it can't do much to my team, if anything force switchs if they carry Leach Seed. Otherwise it really does nothing. Latios, Landurus and Thundurus are pain in the ass for sure. I try to use Medichan for revenge killing, but they usually predict the Ice Punch are run away or in the case of Thundurus it can use T-Wave and render Medichan useless, but as long as I don't get paralyzed in that turn Thundurus dies in one hit even at full hp. Considering taking out Thunder Punch, since I have yet to find use for it.

Your medicham is really being bogged down by running all three elemental punches You might want to remove Thunderpunch for brick break to help you with screen teams

Your medicham is really being bogged down by running all three elemental punches You might want to remove Thunderpunch for brick break to help you with screen teams
Well screens don't really give me all that trouble, taking I usually shuffle the team around, so I went with High Jump Kick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)