Level balance 6th gen

approved by The Eevee General
Level balance:
This is our idea of a new custom meta, where all the pokemon can be viable together. The main idea of the meta is to give pokemon battles more diversity, giving other underused or underrated pokemon a chance to shine. The aproach we took is a level balanced meta, similar to what Random battles use. We took into account the usage of pokemon and their strength when giving their levels. We also liked the idea of a level balance because people could also play it on their 3d's which makes it interesting for people who are interesed in streaming and other things, and in general, gives it more chances to be popular, among pokemon lovers who seek to use their favourites, without feeling as if they were using underpowered pokemon. We want all pokemon to matter. We want to have a wide metagame that makes it interesting and more diverse than common competitive formats.

Our meta specific custom rules:
Eviolite clause: When we started playtesting this new format we saw how strong the eviolite pokemon were if they used the new levels we gave them with along with an eviolite. So to solve this, we created an eviolite clause. This means the pokemon will have to use the level of their next evolution. for example, if u wanted to use a bulbasaur with eviolite, his level should be the level of ivysaur instead, and if ivysaur had the eviolite, it should use the venusaur lvl instead.

Mega stone clause: also, pokemon that got new mega evolutions made us realize, a kanghaskan for example, shouldnt have the same level as if u were using a mega kanghaskan. To solve that, we did a mega stone clause, That means pokemon with mega stones should use the specific lvl in the table for the mega. Because we all know how much of a difference megas are. and we want to see megas and their normal evolution aswell.

and thats pretty much it, it should also use the common clauses such as sleep clause, evasion clause, item clause, and species clause.
The level table:
http://tinyurl.com/Leveltable
Random thoughts:
Even if it seems like a good idea for us, we dont know how viable it is to code it, But if u guys kept reading till these words, id like to thank you all for your time. and we hope we can have tons of fun with weird teams and strats, that bring some fresh air to pokemon.

Credits and inspiration:
We took a lot of inspiration from random battles because we loved that format.
Thanks to all the random users in showdown who help us playtest it, it was tons of fun.
and special thanks to my gf, kron who helped me in everything.

Edit: the list its under changes really often at this point. and needs playtesting.​

Last edited:
Level balance:
This is our idea of a new custom meta, where all the pokemon can be viable together. The main idea of the meta is to give pokemon battles more diversity, giving other underused or underrated pokemon a chance to shine. The aproach we took is a level balanced meta, similar to what Random battles use. We took into account the usage of pokemon and their strength when giving their levels. We also liked the idea of a level balance because people could also play it on their 3d's which makes it interesting for people who are interesed in streaming and other things, and in general, gives it more chances to be popular, among pokemon lovers who seek to use their favourites, without feeling as if they were using underpowered pokemon. We want all pokemon to matter. We want to have a wide metagame that makes it interesting and more diverse than common competitive formats.

Eviolite clause: When we started playtesting this new format we saw how strong the eviolite pokemon were if they used the new levels we gave them with along with an eviolite. So to solve this, we created an eviolite clause. This means the pokemon will have to use the level of their next evolution. for example, if u wanted to use a bulbasaur with eviolite, his level should be the level of ivysaur instead, and if ivysaur had the eviolite, it should use the venusaur lvl instead.

Mega stone clause: also, pokemon that got new mega evolutions made us realize, a kanghaskan for example, shouldnt have the same level as if u were using a mega kanghaskan. To solve that, we did a mega stone clause, That means pokemon with mega stones should use the specific lvl in the table for the mega. Because we all know how much of a difference megas are. and we want to see megas and their normal evolution aswell.

and thats pretty much it, it should also use the common clauses such as sleep clause, evasion clause, item clause, and species clause.
The level table:
Random thoughts:
Even if it seems like a good idea for us, we dont know how viable it is to code it, But if u guys kept reading till these words, id like to thank you all for your time. and we hope if it gets implemented we can have tons of fun with weird teams and strats, that bring some fresh air to pokemon.

Credits and inspiration:
Thanks to all the random users in showdown who help us playtest it, it was tons of fun.
and special thanks to my gf, kron who helped me in everything.​
if this wasn't approved submit it in OM submissions

Level balance:

The level table:
Random thoughts:
Even if it seems like a good idea for us, we dont know how viable it is to code it, But if u guys kept reading till these words, id like to thank you all for your time. and we hope if it gets implemented we can have tons of fun with weird teams and strats, that bring some fresh air to pokemon.

Credits and inspiration:
and special thanks to my gf, kron who helped me in everything.​
Sounds interesting but please get your meta approved before posting so post this in om submissons first :)

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Good to see you got it approved :]
I like the randombattles feel of it. How you make everything viable by fixing their levels. I only have one question. For mons like eviolite slowpoke, who's level do you choose? slowking or slowbro's? Especially if someone decides to use eviolite eevee, which eeveelution? It may be rare, yert you gotta look out for shit like this.

Looks promising, glad to see i worked out!

Good to see you got it approved :]
I like the randombattles feel of it. How you make everything viable by fixing their levels. I only have one question. For mons like eviolite slowpoke, who's level do you choose? slowking or slowbro's? Especially if someone decides to use eviolite eevee, which eeveelution? It may be rare, yert you gotta look out for shit like this.

Looks promising, glad to see i worked out!
i will probably use some math regarding those pokes, because they are very different in comparison to their evolutive paths, so i will put a table with the levels they should use i guess. :)

im really happy to see people like the idea, maybe we could do a tournament sometime, i mean, its already playable, we only need to edit the levels of the team in showdown, and im really curious about what people come up with, to make some tweaks :)

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
A couple of Pokemon including Rhyperior and Magnezone are outclassed by their pre evolutions

Short List:

Magneton>Magnezone
Haunter>Gengar
Rhyperior>Rhydon
Sneasel>Weavile
Monferno>Infernape

Last edited:
Right now, some levels are based in their tiers, except for some of the pokemons that get reaaaaaaaally powerful moves as shell smash or other remarkable things, some pokes need balancing, but we'll get there eventually, that's why i want to see some playtesting happening.

Thanks for the list valzy, we'll look them, magneton was definetly a typo. Most pokemon lines need to be tweaked still, their levels are sometimes based on random battles levels as a default thing as we playtested, but im glad people are already pointing out things.

Last edited:
Several Pokemon that can gain boosts with items like Light Ball, Soul Dew, DeepSeaTooth, DeepSeaScale, Thick Club are very useful in this meta.
Just to show you how powerful they all are:
  • Pikachu turned into Azumarill, cute, but destructive, I mean with Light Ball it's Sp.Atk uninvested is 244 and Attack uninvested is 262.
  • Or Clamperl+DeepSeaTooth = 2HKOs Physically Defensive Ferroseed (even without Eviolite) and Arceus
  • Cubone+Thick Club = 2HKOs the great wall of China a.k.a Giratina
Also question, Shadow Tag is banned to OU, Gothielle is UU (Gothielle+Shadow Tag is OU), or Drizzle is OU, Politoed (Politoed+Drizzle is OU) how will that be handled?

Several Pokemon that can gain boosts with items like Light Ball, Soul Dew, DeepSeaTooth, DeepSeaScale, Thick Club are very useful in this meta.
Just to show you how powerful they all are:
  • Pikachu turned into Azumarill, cute, but destructive, I mean with Light Ball it's Sp.Atk uninvested is 244 and Attack uninvested is 262.
  • Or Clamperl+DeepSeaTooth = 2HKOs Physically Defensive Ferroseed (even without Eviolite) and Arceus
  • Cubone+Thick Club = 2HKOs the great wall of China a.k.a Giratina
Also question, Shadow Tag is banned to OU, Gothielle is UU (Gothielle+Shadow Tag is OU), or Drizzle is OU, Politoed (Politoed+Drizzle is OU) how will that be handled?
powerful abilittys should get a level penalty, that's for sure, i know how crazy good shadow tag is. same with weather changing abilittys, dont worry, i didnt forget about that. and yeah, lil pokemons can be really powerful, we found out that this meta its really similar to the anime battles lol its funny. but those specific items could see a nerf in some form, like eviolite or something similar.

Your version of sleep clause leads to a stupid uncompetitive way of winning (trapping them into a sleep move) and makes it so that the move Relic Song is extremely bad (10% chance of losing if one of their Pokémon is already asleep), and prevents the use of Rest when you have a sleeping Pokémon. It's much better to do it so that you can't send an opponent's Pokémon to sleep if one of their other Pokémon is already asleep (this is the sleep clause on Showdown), rather than preventing Rest or causing a loss. Also, this should really be in Other Metas rather than Pet Mods.

Last edited:
Your version of sleep clause leads to a stupid way of winning (trapping them into a sleep move) and makes it so that the move Relic Song is extremely bad (10% chance of losing if one of their Pokémon is already asleep), and prevents the use of Rest when you have a sleeping Pokémon. It's much better to do it so that you can't send an opponent's Pokémon to sleep if one of their other Pokémon is already asleep (this is the sleep clause on Showdown), rather than preventing Rest or causing a loss. Also, this should really be in Other Metas rather than Pet Mods.
To be honest, it uses the same sleeping clause as showdown. its just poor wording i guess, ill update it x) and yeah, it could be other metas, i mean, you can play this in a 3ds lol besides for this clause with moves that put 2 pokemon asleep.

EV

Banned deucer.
FearRattata please don't call other people's ideas stupid. And this doesn't go in the regular OM forum because the changes are not universal. They're decided based on what the creator thinks is best; Pokemon levels are adjusted based on perceived strengths and weaknesses and it leaves the door open for debate on the changes.

Normally I'd say that the ubers are still hyper-powerful, even at level 70, but...

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 250-296 (51.5 - 61%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

this is just sad.

also, why item clause? most metas don't have it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)