Walrus LG's Drunken Rave (Won by Nightmare!)

In 5th, earning 8.5 points: Monde

Ryshnychok (Earthly Mother) by Cano

The violin is always such a beautiful instrument, especially with the right backing. The way it morphs from a leading violin to the guitar is great. By keeping different instruments kept for only certain segments of the song, Cano manages to keep things interesting the entire way through. More obscure 80's Canadian music please, you're doin' your homeland proud kid.

In 3rd, earning 8.8 points: Walrein

I Sat By the Ocean by Queens of the Stone Age

With a departure from melancholy metal/grunge and rap, we have a more laidback song. While the lyrical content is similar, you still feel like you can overcome something. This is the perfect song to bump to at a beach. Love the flow, the vocal transitions are silky, great guitars. Any song that uses maracas well is a good song in my opinion.

Last edited:
In 1st, earning 9.2 points: atomicllamas

Hazey by Glass Animals

This song hit me personally. Alcoholism has been a struggle in my family, so maybe that helped bump the song. Musically, it's excellent. Super minimalist, but the islandic percussion and chimes just are so beautiful and poignant. His voice is airy but not in the out of pitch way. I was very surprised how much I liked this song, but I guess that's what walruses are about, leaving your musical comfort zones. The bass is also a great backing choice, super powerful.

In 19th, earning 6.4 points: Blazade

Bob Katsionis: Poseidon’s Rage (No Video)

I had to try and find this video (unsuccessfully) on Nico JP and I don’t know why. I can tell that this guy is technically very talented, but there’s no passion behind the song I can discern, and it just sort of meanders its way through some ok power metal.

Last edited:
In 15th, earning 7.1 points: Marth

Avishai Cohen: Seven Seas

I really really wish I didn’t have to tank this, but there’s so much buildup. The payoff is enormous because oh my god that bass solo is sexy, and the piano/drums are no joke either. It just took wayyyyy too long to get there, and I know that’s part of jazz, but I guess this is just a taste preference.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)