XY Ubers Life Orb Yveltal Team

Hey guys, It's K Legacy here and this is my third RMT, This time I have a team I made around LO yveltal, I decided I wanted to make a team around LO Yveltal becuase it's a pokemon that I really like, and I wanted to try somthing outside the physically defensive set. I haven't actually done all that much playtesting with this team, around 30 ladder games or so, so unlike the other teams i've posted this one probaly has a lot more kinks that can be worked out. I feel like this team has pretty nice synergy and good potential.

Development of the Team
First of we have life orb Yveltal, which is the mon I wanted to build a team around.

Next I obviously need to cover his weaknesses, I can cover both the fairy and ice weakness easy with aegislash, yveltal covers the ground and dark weakness to aegislash.

Next I still have electric and rock weakness, as well as a a ground weekness (though yveltal covers it). Landerous-T fits that perfectly, plus it gives me intimidate and stealth rock support.

Next I realized that I Had aegislas plus a dark type, I remembered seeing a core with hydreigon, gardevoir and aegislash, I decided that I could make a Similaur core useing xerneas, yveltal's flying type adds a couple weaknesses but are coverend by landoT and aegislash, so I added xerneas

Next I realized that that I was really kyogre weak, as yveltal and lando-T get destroyed and aegislash and xerneas would lose 1v1 most of the time. I decided that a Standard palkiawould fit really nicely, as I would have the Lando-t and palkia core, plus I had a dragon immunity and this would add a fire resist.

Finnaly I felt like since I needed to preseve lando-T for things like E-killer I wanted a more stable ho-oh check, I also needed a defoger. I decided to add in arceus-rock, I have one water resist 2 ground immunities and 2 steel resists, a fighting immunity, and a fighting resist so i have covered it's weaknesses nicely.

On to the actual RMT:

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

So this is the pokemon I built the team around, Dark pulse hits like a truck with dark aura and maximum investment, Oblivion wing also hits fairly hard, and gives me HP back so LO doesn't add up as fast. Sucker punch hits hard with with a bit of investment, stab and dark aura giving me a good priority moves. I decided that taunt was more imprtant then u-turn because I didn't want to keep taking the LO plus having to come back in when SR are most likely up. I have enough speed to outspeed all non-scarfed nuetral base 90's and put the extra EVs into attack to maxamize sucker punch damage.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Pusuit
- Toxic
- King's Shield

A pretty standard aegislash set, Maxx special deffense and HP is so that I can take moonblasts and icebeams on the switch, and not get 2hko's by +2 HP fire after leftovers is I king's sheild. Gyro ball hits like 16-wheeler and does at least 80% to an xerneas after it goes for geomancy. shadow ball is there as a strong stab move that isn't crimples by burn, but shadow sneak/pusuit can be used instead. Toxic is for lugia, CM arceus, and even E-killer Arceus. Finnaly king's shield to force 50/50s with E-killer andother physical attacks as well as getting more leftovers.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Next up is Lando-T, It's a pokemon i've been liking a lot recently and fit on this team nicely with the resistences and immunities it brought to the team. I decided on a bulkier set as I wanted to take as many hits as I possibly could, and with all the investment+intimidate I definently take physical hits pretty well, Earthquake is there for a good stab move and ohkoing things like blaziken, stone edge is for ho-oh and other flying types, super power is to get a good chunk of damage off on E-killer and Khan, and finnaly I have SR as Lando-T is one of the better SR users.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Megahorn
- Sleep Talk
Now we have xerneas, I changed this from a defensive set so that I could have a better way to deal with HO teams and having a scarfer is also very nice, I decided for sleep talk over aroma or a 4th coverage move because I have been haveing a lot of problems with dark rai and I feel like this would be a good way to alleviate that problem, although I do miss aromatheropy and a good palkia and yveltal checkm scarf xerneas lets me revenge kill a lot of things and pressure my opponent.

Palkia @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Rest

After xerneas comes palkia, I needed the water resist, and I have a dragon immunity so fuck speed ties. The EV spread is just standard and I have 4 Attacks as I don't need toxic or thunder wave on this since toxic is on aegislash and is really nice there and I didn't need thunder wave because I don't want to many conflicting statuses. I'm considering roar on this, not sure waht move to drop. BTW What's a kyogre?

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

Finnaly I have arceus rock on this team, I wanted a more stable ho-oh check, and I needed a defoger for hazard stacking teams (and no SR are nice since I have yveltal). Arceus rock seemed good as It checks ho-oh for the most part, has defog, and my other pokemon cover most of his weaknesses as well. Judgement is for ho-oh obviously, willo-wisp is a filler move for physical attackers and things on the switch, recover and defog are pretty self explanitory.

Synergy Chart

Semi-Stall Version of the team:
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 72 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

This version of the team is built a lot more ike a stall team then a blaence team, this team has two kyogre checks and since my team forces a lot of switches spikes on ferro is really nice, although I lost arceus rock, arceus water still puts in work against ho-oh and ferrothorn can still pull some wright against physical attackers despite the specially defensive spread.

Change Logs
Sep 29: Lando-T -Superpower +Toxic
Aegislash -Shadowball +Pusuit
Oct 1: Palkia -Thunder + Rest
Oct 13: Xerneas Cleric set --> ST Scarfed Set

Threats
Darkrai
E-Killer
CM Kyogre
CM Poisonceus
More stuff probaly

Shout-outs
Joryn ApplepieFTW Edgar LustrousPalkia Piexplode bandi Dilwar haxiom
(P.S. I only tagged joryn becuase he is bad)

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Reserving this for a rate :)

I actually like this team a lot, Life Orb Yveltal is in my opinion underused and underrated and is absolutely fantastic. However, i do see a couple of issues, which are:

3 mons that are Gothitelle weak, although to be fair you double up on checks to Kia in your own kia (very shaky), zekrom in landorus (pretty solid) and hooh in landorus. The issue i see is that if Kia goes down then Scarf Ogre can almost win on its own, and kindof forces you to come in and Sucker Punch it so that its Spout becomes tolerable.

I would recommend running more Speed on Arceus-Rock, at least 176 so that if unevolved Gengar comes in on Judgment or on SR + Wisp, you can outspeed and dispatch it the next turn. you can also run max Speed as you have Landorus for hooh too and therefore bulk investment in Defense is not really too needed. with max Speed you can Wisp Extremekiller Arceus 42.5% of the time before it EQs you, and you can also play around with Landorus's Intimidate and immunity to Earthquake too.

Speaking of Landorus, i would recommend Toxic > Superpower as between Intimidate, Toxic, Earthquake, SR damage etc etc I don't really think you need to be able to smack it for hard damage straight away - and uninvested Superpower probably does a disappointing amount anyway, whilst lowering your Defense and making you Extremespeedable :(.

I would suggest Kia run Hydro/Spacial Rend/Toxic/Rest as that way you can eat up hits from Kyogre. If you don't want Toxic, Leftovers+3 Attacks+Rest is something that people bash but I actually quite like it myself - running Thunder / Fire Blast over Toxic, that is. you can actually also try Hydro/Spacial/Dragon Tail/Rest which means that you won't be trapped, lets you phaze CM Arceus formes to an extent (poison comes to mind here) and also gets rid of CM Kyogre, something lots of people forget about this generation which runs train over a lot of balanced teams.

I would personally drop Shadow Ball on Aegislash as its only real use is in beating Stalltwo, Pursuit would be very nice for Gengar and Gothitelle as well as working on Mewtwo that decide not to stay and fight. you have Stalltwo pretty much completely covered with Yveltal anyway btw :).

As for the other issues you mentioned, I'm not really sure how to fix the Darkrai problem. You can get lucky with Sleep Talk from Xerneas and OHKO it with Dark Pulse I guess? the real problem is that nothing outspeeds it and there is no priority, so if it gets to +2 it can just run through your teammembers one after the other (+2 LO Sludge Bomb does between 85 and 99% to fully SpDef Xern, and you'er not running 252 SpDef :/).

I'll leave replacement suggestions to Haxiom as he tends to do a great job with those, from a quick second look I guess you could play around with the team and changed a couple things around and end up with Scarf AromaXern + something else (maybe SpDef Ogre? it would help with the Darkrai problem somewhat i think, as well as phazing CM Arceus formes) as a fix and kindof replacement for what you currently have but idk.

Also, I'll page Hack for you as he is the king of teambuilding and iirc is always more than happy to read RMTs, his and Haxiom's advice will probably be a lot more solid than mine :)

Edit: just noticed that Arceus-Electric looks kindof threatening, you have to Toxic it with Aegis and then play around it until it dies from the damage.

Last edited:
a small tweak i might suggest is running foul play on yveltal to alleviate ur ekiller problems and to check ekiller is suggest u change the yveltal spread to 112 Def/252 SpA/144 Spe . This spread also allows u to outspeed standard GeoXern. Aside from that this team is ok.

a small tweak i might suggest is running foul play on yveltal to alleviate ur ekiller problems and to check ekiller is suggest u change the yveltal spread to 112 Def/252 SpA/144 Spe . This spread also allows u to outspeed standard GeoXern. Aside from that this team is ok.
The whole point of this team was to have offensive yveltal, I have like 6 other teams with difensive yveltal.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i just want to say, xerneas geomancy with the herb is a powerhouse
Really guys?

Just to reinforce Foul Play on an offensive Yveltal is bad.

This team does get annoyed by EKiller however, but you do have Lando + Aegi shenanigans to mess with but a better way to handle it would be preferred. You could consider Groudon over Lando since you still have a ground immunity, the problem is that Groudon can only phaze or deal decent damage with EQ, and your only wisper is Rockceus, which gets out sped and OHKOed by Jolly Life Orb EKiller. You could opt for Arceus-Ghost over Arceus-Rock since you have defensive Xern to keep Yveltal away and it forms a nice pair with Aegislash despite both being ghost since neither give a shit about Shadow Tag and check EKiller and Xern better than a lot of stuff does; Arceus-Ghost can actually beat Gengar without trading before MEvo. The only thing you really loose is that now Ho-Oh is a little more annoying (Rayquaza is a bit more of an issue as well but Ghostceus still does a decent job against it), but you do have Lando and SR. Xern and Aegi (it can Toxic it on the switch however) do tend to be Ho-Oh bait. In addition to handling Tag better and checking EKiller, Ghostceus is also handy against stuff like Mewtwo (you do have Yveltal but it never hurts to have many ways to handle Mewtwo). One other potential issue I see is that Ghostceus is Darkrai bait, although defensive Xern is a way to handle it (not a very good one) since at +2 Sludge Bomb will OHKO even max SpD Xern since Bad Dreams damage is a thing. I think you would be better off sleeping something and then go into something else but this is still a poor solution.

CM Arceus-Electric seems like a potential problem if Aegi is chip damaged enough or gone completely, CM Arceus-Fairy is also a problem if Aegi is gone or close to death (the rare ones that have fire coverage over Refresh are an even bigger problem). CM Arceus-Poison is virtually undefeatable unless WoW misses against Lando, the only way I can see to fix this without changing much would be to run Roar on Palkia, which is very poor for an offensive set. I guess Dialga could be an option since it does well versus CM Arceus, is perhaps the most consistent SR setter and would give an even better defense against Palkia. The SpD set can also decently check Kyogre and work as a backup Geo Xern check although it doesn't do well against EKiller. I don't know where this fits in if it does at all, but having 3 ground weak mons even with two ground immunities is eh (I don't know what would be dropped for Dialga, a ground weak mon or a ground immune mon, hopefully the best place for it wouldn't be the latter). You are also pressured hard by SD Groundceus even with Lando because it should be running Ice Beam, and stuff like Double Dance Groudon can be dangerous if Lando gets worn down or is outright gone. This team is also hard pressed against HP Ice Zekrom which really should be more common considering how well it fucks teams that rely on Lando or Gliscor to check Zekrom, Draco Meteor variants are also giving Lando a really hard time, especially mix Krom since most people assume Zekrom is Scarf.

In general a good HO team seems like it's going to win. You don't really have an excellent lead against a Deoxys (Supportceus or Yveltal, Supportceus fails to stop SR and gets Taunted (unless you run something like Magic Coat), Yveltal fails to stop SR and gets its Life Orb knocked off). From there if the HO team in question has a Darkrai you're sacking whatever mon you think you'll need the least unless you get lucky with Xern, and then with the SR advantage and the HO team having what it wants out you will be hard pressed to stop it. Aegi just has to have a little damage on it and Xern can sweep (Sub Geo sets can outright win if you loose a single coin flip), EKiller can just murder everything unless you win your coin flips when say switching between Aegi or Rockceus and Lando. Some HO teams also make use of CM Arceus which in particular cause issues since holes will be punched due to the nature of HO teams (if I was using one of my HO teams with CM Arceus I would do everything I could to chip damage Aegi enough to where it would be helpless once I started boosting, if I was using CM Arceus-Ghost I would do the same but focus on Yveltal which would be even easier because my SR advantage is assured). Also only one mon on this team has access to reliable recovery and there are no Wish passers (I'm not implying that all or even most balance teams need a Wish passer because they don't) but my point is that a majority of this team can simply be warn down which is a disadvantage when playing against HO and stall teams.

I'm not a very good rater or team builder but thats what I can tell you.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey K Legacy,

This is a very good team. I like it overall, it seems to cover most weakness pretty solidly. I guess you know your threats pretty well, and Minority did a pretty long criticism post which covered some other stuff. Another issue I see in addition to a lot of the ones brought up is that you struggle to break stall teams, especially ones with a bulky fairy like Sylveon or specially defensive Xerneas. Goth is probably one of the bigger issues as well.

So, I do have some ideas. I've kind of had a recent liking for ScarfXern, and I mean it seems pretty nice on this team because it is pretty threatening to offense because it outspeeds a lot of things, and helps versus Darkrai and such, but I'm just going to warn you that it might just be because of the fact that I really like it in general as of lately. I'm not sure I like an all out attacking leftovers Palkia, I feel like toxic/rest would be better for this team other than that it is probably even worse versus Goth. Otherwise, I was thinking something that could work would be to run Spikes Ferrothorn and CM Refresh Waterceus over Palkia and Rockceus, because Waterceus+Lando-T should deal with Ho-Oh, Waterceus+Ferrothorn for Kyogre, and you now are running spikes to pressure your opponent to defog while giving yourself a nice stallbreaker in CM Refresh Waterceus. However, if you make this change you probably shouldn't run ScarfXern because it struggles to switch into Yveltal too well and Rockceus can't help take off pressure. You still don't beat Ekiller too well, you do better versus EQ but do worse versus Fire Blast. The change also helps versus Gothitelle, you could even invest enough in Ferrothorn to 3HKO but I'm not sure that that is worth it. Just a thought. It has it's ups and downs.

OPTIMIZATION:

Lando-T: I feel like, with a strong switch-in like Rockceus for Ho-Oh creeping 84 is a bit much, so it may be worth just investing more in bulk for Ekiller a bit.

Palkia: I mentioned briefly that Toxic / Rest is probably better, I know you said you don't want conflicting status or you already have a toxic but spamming toxic is always really helpful and it can really help wear down an Arceus or something.

Rockceus: I don't really understand the investment of 160 HP / 252 Def.

252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Arceus-Rock: 270-318 (60.8 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Earthquake vs. 160 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Rock: 250-296 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I feel like a 1% difference that doesn't change very much is a very minor thing, and 252 HP gives you more mixed bulk, I guess it's your choice.

Good luck!

Really guys?

Just to reinforce Foul Play on an offensive Yveltal is bad.

This team does get annoyed by EKiller however, but you do have Lando + Aegi shenanigans to mess with but a better way to handle it would be preferred. You could consider Groudon over Lando since you still have a ground immunity, the problem is that Groudon can only phaze or deal decent damage with EQ, and your only wisper is Rockceus, which gets out sped and OHKOed by Jolly Life Orb EKiller. You could opt for Arceus-Ghost over Arceus-Rock since you have defensive Xern to keep Yveltal away and it forms a nice pair with Aegislash despite both being ghost since neither give a shit about Shadow Tag and check EKiller and Xern better than a lot of stuff does; Arceus-Ghost can actually beat Gengar without trading before MEvo. The only thing you really loose is that now Ho-Oh is a little more annoying (Rayquaza is a bit more of an issue as well but Ghostceus still does a decent job against it), but you do have Lando and SR. Xern and Aegi (it can Toxic it on the switch however) do tend to be Ho-Oh bait. In addition to handling Tag better and checking EKiller, Ghostceus is also handy against stuff like Mewtwo (you do have Yveltal but it never hurts to have many ways to handle Mewtwo). One other potential issue I see is that Ghostceus is Darkrai bait, although defensive Xern is a way to handle it (not a very good one) since at +2 Sludge Bomb will OHKO even max SpD Xern since Bad Dreams damage is a thing. I think you would be better off sleeping something and then go into something else but this is still a poor solution.

CM Arceus-Electric seems like a potential problem if Aegi is chip damaged enough or gone completely, CM Arceus-Fairy is also a problem if Aegi is gone or close to death (the rare ones that have fire coverage over Refresh are an even bigger problem). CM Arceus-Poison is virtually undefeatable unless WoW misses against Lando, the only way I can see to fix this without changing much would be to run Roar on Palkia, which is very poor for an offensive set. I guess Dialga could be an option since it does well versus CM Arceus, is perhaps the most consistent SR setter and would give an even better defense against Palkia. The SpD set can also decently check Kyogre and work as a backup Geo Xern check although it doesn't do well against EKiller. I don't know where this fits in if it does at all, but having 3 ground weak mons even with two ground immunities is eh (I don't know what would be dropped for Dialga, a ground weak mon or a ground immune mon, hopefully the best place for it wouldn't be the latter). You are also pressured hard by SD Groundceus even with Lando because it should be running Ice Beam, and stuff like Double Dance Groudon can be dangerous if Lando gets worn down or is outright gone. This team is also hard pressed against HP Ice Zekrom which really should be more common considering how well it fucks teams that rely on Lando or Gliscor to check Zekrom, Draco Meteor variants are also giving Lando a really hard time, especially mix Krom since most people assume Zekrom is Scarf.

In general a good HO team seems like it's going to win. You don't really have an excellent lead against a Deoxys (Supportceus or Yveltal, Supportceus fails to stop SR and gets Taunted (unless you run something like Magic Coat), Yveltal fails to stop SR and gets its Life Orb knocked off). From there if the HO team in question has a Darkrai you're sacking whatever mon you think you'll need the least unless you get lucky with Xern, and then with the SR advantage and the HO team having what it wants out you will be hard pressed to stop it. Aegi just has to have a little damage on it and Xern can sweep (Sub Geo sets can outright win if you loose a single coin flip), EKiller can just murder everything unless you win your coin flips when say switching between Aegi or Rockceus and Lando. Some HO teams also make use of CM Arceus which in particular cause issues since holes will be punched due to the nature of HO teams (if I was using one of my HO teams with CM Arceus I would do everything I could to chip damage Aegi enough to where it would be helpless once I started boosting, if I was using CM Arceus-Ghost I would do the same but focus on Yveltal which would be even easier because my SR advantage is assured). Also only one mon on this team has access to reliable recovery and there are no Wish passers (I'm not implying that all or even most balance teams need a Wish passer because they don't) but my point is that a majority of this team can simply be warn down which is a disadvantage when playing against HO and stall teams.

I'm not a very good rater or team builder but thats what I can tell you.
Hey K Legacy,

This is a very good team. I like it overall, it seems to cover most weakness pretty solidly. I guess you know your threats pretty well, and Minority did a pretty long criticism post which covered some other stuff. Another issue I see in addition to a lot of the ones brought up is that you struggle to break stall teams, especially ones with a bulky fairy like Sylveon or specially defensive Xerneas. Goth is probably one of the bigger issues as well.

So, I do have some ideas. I've kind of had a recent liking for ScarfXern, and I mean it seems pretty nice on this team because it is pretty threatening to offense because it outspeeds a lot of things, and helps versus Darkrai and such, but I'm just going to warn you that it might just be because of the fact that I really like it in general as of lately. I'm not sure I like an all out attacking leftovers Palkia, I feel like toxic/rest would be better for this team other than that it is probably even worse versus Goth. Otherwise, I was thinking something that could work would be to run Spikes Ferrothorn and CM Refresh Waterceus over Palkia and Rockceus, because Waterceus+Lando-T should deal with Ho-Oh, Waterceus+Ferrothorn for Kyogre, and you now are running spikes to pressure your opponent to defog while giving yourself a nice stallbreaker in CM Refresh Waterceus. However, if you make this change you probably shouldn't run ScarfXern because it struggles to switch into Yveltal too well and Rockceus can't help take off pressure. You still don't beat Ekiller too well, you do better versus EQ but do worse versus Fire Blast. The change also helps versus Gothitelle, you could even invest enough in Ferrothorn to 3HKO but I'm not sure that that is worth it. Just a thought. It has it's ups and downs.

OPTIMIZATION:

Lando-T: I feel like, with a strong switch-in like Rockceus for Ho-Oh creeping 84 is a bit much, so it may be worth just investing more in bulk for Ekiller a bit.

Palkia: I mentioned briefly that Toxic / Rest is probably better, I know you said you don't want conflicting status or you already have a toxic but spamming toxic is always really helpful and it can really help wear down an Arceus or something.

Rockceus: I don't really understand the investment of 160 HP / 252 Def.

252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Arceus-Rock: 270-318 (60.8 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Earthquake vs. 160 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Rock: 250-296 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I feel like a 1% difference that doesn't change very much is a very minor thing, and 252 HP gives you more mixed bulk, I guess it's your choice.

Good luck!
Thanks for the imput haxiom and Minority Suspect, you both gave me lots of things to consider, I feel like whatever direction I go I'll either be weak to HO or stall, but maybe I an find a way to fix that, I really like a lot of the suggestions you gave me haxiom, I'll get into that in a bit.

I optimised the team a little more by getting rid of thunder on palkia for rest, I decided that I don't really need toxic (though I may change my mind on that) but I like fire blast for things like scizor and ferrothorn. I also changed the EV spread like haxiom suggested on arceus rock.

I also want to mention that I do like the idea of scarf xerneas as it helps some Vs offense and help vs darkrai. A 3 attack aroma set or 3 attack sleep talk set both intrigue me. Now on to the actual mon changes; you suggested ferro+arceus water over palkia and arceus rock, I honestly thing that's pretty cool, and I really like the way the team looks with those 3 changes, but like you said then I become really weak to opposing LO yveltal. I feel like if I could find a way to fix that this team would be looking really good.

What kind of EV spread were you thinking of for arceus-water? and physical or special def ferro?

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I probably wouldn't use ScarfXerneas in conjunction with the other change, Yveltal is too big a threat. That being said, Goth threatens defensive Xerneas so it's sort of a pick your poison type of thing. To be fair, if you play Yveltal well you can capitalize on Gothitelle switches and punch some holes in the opponents team. As for spreads, Waterceus should probably run something like 248 HP / 176+ Spd and whatever you want to do with the rest with bulk or w/e. Ferrothorn should probably run specially defensive.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would run Focus Blast over Thunder on your Scarf Xern since you have Palkia and Yveltal, while Focus Blast makes sure that any Sleep Talk pull against Darkrai OHKOs it (Close Combat is also an option to hit stuff like Blissey better, but it OHKOs Rai less than Focus Blast even when accounting for accuracy). Focus Blast can also be good against threats like Ferro and Dialga. Although Thunder can be fun for chip damaging and even paralyzing an Aegislash that comes in, in your team's case, if you see the Aegi switch coming, it's usually better to just double switch into Lando / Yveltal rather than Thunder.

I could possibly make that switch, but I'm not sure If I want to give up having something to hit ho-oh with on the switch, or even revenge kill.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
If the only reason you are running Thunder is to hit Ho-Oh on the switch with Scarf Xern, I would suggest Rock Slide over Thunder.

Since you changed Xerneas to a scarf set, Rest becomes close to useless on Palkia... Maybe Brick break, Draco Meteor or Thunder? Also, how effective has leftovers proven to be on Palkia? For such an offensive pokemon, I would instead consider Assault Vest, lustrous orb, expert belt, life orb or even Haban Berry to nail scarf Zekrom. Just some thoughts, good luck!

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Since you changed Xerneas to a scarf set, Rest becomes close to useless on Palkia... Maybe Brick break, Draco Meteor or Thunder? Also, how effective has leftovers proven to be on Palkia? For such an offensive pokemon, I would instead consider Assault Vest, lustrous orb, expert belt, life orb or even Haban Berry to nail scarf Zekrom. Just some thoughts, good luck!
Rest is not useless on Palkia at all and I don't understand how that has anything to do with Xern being changed to Scarf. Brick Break is awful on any Palkia, Draco Meteor is awful on most Palkia, and Thunder surely is an option but is not necessarily needed for checking Kyogre. Leftovers really helps Palkia out since its only recovery option is Rest. Assault Vest is a pretty bad item, as is Haban Berry in this meta. Life Orb and Expert Belt Palkia also aren't things.

Rest is not useless on Palkia at all and I don't understand how that has anything to do with Xern being changed to Scarf. Brick Break is awful on any Palkia, Draco Meteor is awful on most Palkia, and Thunder surely is an option but is not necessarily needed for checking Kyogre. Leftovers really helps Palkia out since its only recovery option is Rest. Assault Vest is a pretty bad item, as is Haban Berry in this meta. Life Orb and Expert Belt Palkia also aren't things.
Xerneas no longer has Aromatherapy when holding choice scarf... Using rest makes it completely set-up fodder, and most things in uber can KO it within 2 turns anyways... I really don't get the point with rest, feel free to explain it to me, as I don't play much Ubers myself! :) And btw, Palkia needs offense more than recovery sitting at an amazing 100 base speed, and running no defensive EVs. Not every pokemon are built for recovery, lol. I would definitly change leftovers for something else, but maybe that's just me?

Xerneas no longer has Aromatherapy when holding choice scarf... Using rest makes it completely set-up fodder, and most things in uber can KO it within 2 turns anyways... I really don't get the point with rest, feel free to explain it to me, as I don't play much Ubers myself! :) And btw, Palkia needs offense more than recovery sitting at an amazing 100 base speed, and running no defensive EVs. Not every pokemon are built for recovery, lol. I would definitly change leftovers for something else, but maybe that's just me?
Bolded is why you don't understand. OF course rest isn't as good anymore without aroma, but it is still usable, you can toxic a lugia and win with rest stall, and just keeping it alive I can switch it in on other palkia's hydro pumps and pivot into xerneas, or If I expect my opponent to predict that I can try to burn a turn of sleep, and if your switching into kyogre surfs/scalds it's easy to use up those two turns of sleep.

Bolded is why you don't understand. OF course rest isn't as good anymore without aroma, but it is still usable, you can toxic a lugia and win with rest stall, and just keeping it alive I can switch it in on other palkia's hydro pumps and pivot into xerneas, or If I expect my opponent to predict that I can try to burn a turn of sleep, and if your switching into kyogre surfs/scalds it's easy to use up those two turns of sleep.
Thanks for the clarification, I can indeed see it being useful under certain circumstances now! It clearly comes with some risk, but if it works for you, then it's good I guess=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)