Lightwolf VS Venser! Ref: Lady Salamence (i will never ref again) Subref: Lyris1035

Status
Not open for further replies.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Venser said:

Nidoran♂ [HULK] (♂)

Nature: Rash (+ Special Attack, - Special Defense)

Type: Poison
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Poison Point: (Can be disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).
Rivalry: (Innate) This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).
Hustle (DW): (Can be enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 50

Attacks:
Leer
Peck
Focus Energy
Tackle
Horn Attack
Double Kick
Poison Sting
Fury Attack
Helping Hand

Counter
Disable
Head Smash

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb

Scratchet [Boomerang] [M]

Nature: Serious (no change)

Type: Normal/Fighting
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Scrappy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s Normal and Fighting attacks carry a special signature that can damage Ghosts, even if they have phased out.
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.
Vital Spirit (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.

Stats: 55 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def / 20 SpA / 70 SpD / 40 Spe

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 40

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Fury Swipes
Harden
Focus Energy
Rock Smash
Roar

Roost
Yawn
Stealth Rock

Toxic
Return
Brick Break

Voodoll [Tenderheart] (♂)

Nature: Brave (Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.)

Type: Normal/Dark
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Abilities:
Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Normalize: (Can be deactivated) This Pokemon has mastered Normal-type attacks and can change any attack type to have a Normal energy signature. All attacks used by the Pokemon are considered Normal-type attacks, although they retain the same status-enducing and other properties. The Pokemon will do three (3) more damage with Normal-typed attacks.
Cursed Body (DW): (Innate) When This Pokemon is struck by an opponents attack that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

Stats: 60 / 55 / 50 / 65 / 50 / 70

Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60 (70/1.15)

EC: 0/6

Attacks
Astonish
Copycat
Mimic
Pain Split
Spite
Grudge
Charge
Follow Me
Pin Missile

Perish Song
Snatch
Counter

Rock Slide
Return
Psychic
VS
LightWolf said:
Since this is m first time, I assume I need to choose the option pool that I can send in from?

Solosis [Greed] (M)

Nature: Quiet (+SpA -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:

Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.
Overcoat: (Innate) This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather.
Regenerator: (Innate) (DW) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

Stats:

SpA: Rank 5 (+)
Spe: 17 (-)
Evasion: -10%

EC: 0/9

Attacks:

Psywave (*)
Reflect (*)
Rollout (*)
Snatch (*)
Hidden Power (Fire, 7) (*)
Light Screen (*)
Charm (*)
Recover (*)
Psyshock (*)

Imprison (*)
Secret Power (*)
Confuse Ray (*)

Toxic (*)
Energy Ball (*)
Shadow Ball (*)

Magnemite [Blitzkrieg] (Genderless)

Nature: Quiet (+SpA -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:

Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:

Magnet Pull: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions. Steel types cannot switch out in a Switch=OK battle while a Pokemon with Magnet Pull is on the field without the use of Baton Pass, U-turn, or Volt Switch.
Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Analytic: (Can be Enabled) (DW) If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:

HP: 80
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 39 (-)
Evasion: -10%

Attacks:

Metal Sound (*)
Tackle (*)
ThunderShock (*)
Supersonic (*)
Sonicboom (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Spark (*)

Magnet Rise (*)
Lock-On (*)
Zap Cannon (*)

Thunderbolt (*)
Flash Cannon (*)
Substitute (*)

Chimchar [Ace] (M)

Nature: Hasty (+15% Speed, +18% Acc, -Def)

Type:

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:

Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Iron Fist: (Innate) (DW) The Base Attack Power of this Pokemon’s “Punch” attacks is increased by two (2). (Known attacks effected: Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, Dynamicpunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, Thunderpunch)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 71 (+)
Acc: +18%

Attacks:

Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Ember (*)
Taunt (*)
Fury Swipes (*)
Flame Wheel (*)
Nasty Plot (*)
Torment (*)

ThunderPunch (*)
Heat Wave (*)
Fake Out (*)

Dig (*)
Brick Break (*)
Shadow Claw (*)

If I have to choose my two now then Solosis and magnemite.

Open Challange Beginner Battle
2 v 2 Singles
2 Day DQ
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Opponent can decide the arena.

accepting!

Switch = OK
Items = None
Abilities = All

Your hide tags don't have anything in them. Also, from the Battle Tower:
Match Seeker:

Chooses Number of Pokemon per side
Chooses Match Type (Singles/Doubles/Triples)
Chooses Disqualification (DQ) Time
Chooses Restricted Moves
Chooses Arena
Sends Out Pokemon First
So i guess he's sending out first.

I see your ace and match it with THE HULK!

HEAD SMASH him into oblivion! Remember, you've got a rivalry with him as you're competing for females! Follow it up with a Sludge Bomb, then one more Head Smash!

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay Ace, it sure wouldn't be nice to be hit by that Head Smash so use dig to avoid the attack, and then torment him a bit so he won't be using that Head Smash for a while. Finish it with a Heat Wave and hope you don't get poisoned.

Evasive Dig ~ Torment ~ Heat Wave

Using Torment as it's second effect:
Torment: The Pokemon imbues itself with dark energy and torments the foe, preventing the opponent from using using the same attack twice in a row or from using any moves used in the previous round for six (6) actions.

LightWolf

lightwoof
I asked someone, and it p much takes the last 3 turns, made sure also to mention that there were no moves prior to it. But in case someone comes around and says that that won't work, then and only then I will just go for Dig ~ Heat Wave ~ Dig. Really only if I can't use Torment like that.

EDIT: Asked HD too, he said the use is correct.

I know I'm not supposed to post in this thread, but people have NO IDEA what sort of match this is so they ARE NOT going to sub-ref. If you edit in those details into the first post you may get a sub-ref (aka probably me if it is singles).

Reffing, sorry for the delay

Arena will be The Daycare Playground for now, no one specified (Only first stage Pokemon (that means only the first of a line of two or the first of a line of three, no evolutions). Dig is allowed. Earthquake / Earth Power / Magnitude are disallowed. Surf is limited.)!
Credit goes to Dogfish44 for this reffing format.
LightWolf OO
Ace (M)

90 HP / 100 EN
Evasive Dig ~ Torment 2 ~ Heat Wave

VS

Venser OO
HULK?! (M)

90 HP / 100 EN
Head Smash ~ Sludge Bomb ~ Head Smash​

Welcome to the battle of Weakmons! Stage set, the 2 trainers battling today will be Venser facing off against LightWolf! The two trainers send out 2 Pokemon, Ace the Chimchar on LightWolf's ide, and Nidoran name Hulk on Venser's side? We'll see how this battle goes!

Since Action 1 confuses me a bit, here's the skeleton:
Nidoran used Head Smash (9 energy)!
Chimchar evaded underground (6 energy)!
Chimchar unleashed Dig!
A critical hit (18.75 (19) damage)! (only include this line if evasive dig damages)
Nidoran's Poison Point poisoned Ace!(only include this line if the above line was included)
Chimchar is hurt by Poison (2 damage)!(only include this line if the above line was included)

: 88/94
: 71/91​

Skeleton again, can't think up good flavor text for this one.
Chimchar used Torment (10 energy)!
Head Smash was tormnted!
Nidoran used Sludge Bomb (11.5 (12) damage, 6 energy)!
Chimchar is hurt by Poison (2 damage)!

: 74/84
: 71/85​

Can't think of "tormented" move flavor, skeleton again.
Chimchar used Heat Wave (16 damage, 6 energy)!
Nidoran can't use Head Smash after the torment (9 energy?)!

: 72/78
: 55/76​

LightWolf OO
Ace (M)

72 HP / 78 EN
Poisoned(?)

VS

Venser OO
HULK?! (M)

55 HP / 76 EN
Tormented (4 actions?)​
LightWolf -> Venser -> Me

LightWolf

lightwoof
Okay Ace, the last turn felt lie it too ages, but no need to get slugish because of that. Start out with a Wave of Heat since that seemed effective last time, and so that it doesn't get stale follow up with Plotting some Nasty things. End it with another Heat Wave, for a nice hot finish.

Alas that may not go as planned, should Nidoran try to use Disable replace your action for that turn with Taunt.

Heat Wave ~ Nasty Plot ~ Heat Wave
If Disable is used, replace the action that turn with Taunt

(I stated evasive use of Dig because I didn't understand the working of Dig well at the time, and didn't want to edit it later, since I couldn't prove what I actually edited)

That head smash was super-effective, are you sure it only did 9 damage? Also, i calced it and Heat Wave should have only done 12 damage. I'd like to make sure we're on the same page here, could you screenshot your calcs (if you're using a damage calculator) or write out your math?

Just telling you:
1. You meant energy?
2. elDino said to me that the Long form damage Calculator is more accurate than the Excel Damage Calculator.
Now please post your actions...please.

irc said:
[4:46pm] Venser: can you check something for me?
[4:46pm] Engineer: I don't have the calc addon, but what's the calc?
[4:46pm] Terrador: As in, ASB calc
[4:46pm] Terrador: ?
[4:46pm] Venser: 2 attack nidoran uses head smash on 1 defense chimchar
[4:46pm] Venser: yeah asb
[4:46pm] Terrador: 25 DMG, 3 recoil
[4:46pm] Engineer: (15 + 1.5) * 1.5 = 24.75 ~ 25 damage...?
[4:47pm] Engineer: And it's more than 3 recoil
[4:47pm] Terrador: Oops
[4:47pm] Terrador: I'm thinking 1/8
[4:47pm] Engineer: 8 recoil, right?
[4:47pm] Terrador: Sorry, 8 recoil.
[4:47pm] Terrador: Yeah, it rounds down.
[4:47pm] Engineer: lol 1/2 recoil
[4:47pm] Engineer: wait it is 1/2
[4:47pm] Engineer: 12 recoil is correc.
[4:47pm] Engineer: *correct
Sorry i was looking at the energy, but 12 damage doesn't look right either according to the fine folks in #asb. Sorry to continue naysaying, but can you please show us the calculations?

Terribly sorry for the delay...

Credit goes to Dogfish44 for this reffing format if needed.
LightWolf OO
Ace (M)

72 HP / 78 EN
Poisoned(?)
Heat Wave ~ Nasty Plot ~ Heat Wave

VS

Venser OO
HULK (M)

55 HP / 76 EN
Sludge Bomb ~ Thunderbolt ~ Sludge Bomb​

Chimchar used Heat Wave (16 damage, 6 energy)!
Nidoran used Sludge Bomb (6 energy)!
A critical hit (16.5 (17) damage)!

: 53/72
: 39/76​

Chimchar used Nasty Plot (7 energy, +2 SpA)!
Nidoran used Thunderbolt (11.5 (12) damage, 7 energy)!

: 39/65
: 39/69​

Chimchar used Heat Wave (6 energy)!
A critical hit (21 damage)!
Nidoran used Sludge Bomb (13.5 (14) damage, 6 energy)!

: 23/59
: 18/63​

LightWolf OO
Ace (M)

23 HP / 59 EN
Poisoned(?), Blaze, +2 SpA

VS

Venser OO
HULK (M)

18 HP / 63 EN
Head Smash Tormented (1 action)​
Venser -> LightWolf -> Me​

Venser hasn't posted since I reffed, so he's Disqualified.
Prizes!
LightWolf: 2 TC
Ace the Chimchar: 1 DC, 1 EC, 2 MC
I get 2 ref tokens.
Since he was DQ'd, Venser doesn't get anything, sorry.
Good game anyways!
EDIT: LightWolf and I talked over the IRC, and the match will be a Tie/Draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)