ORAS OU Like Brother like Sister -A Mega-Latias team

Welcome to like bother like sister, for a team for latias in her badly kept secret, mega form. Latias mega has carved it's niche as top notch calm minder that puts keldeo to shame. With it's stellar dragon/psychic typing giving it a slew of resistances including fighting, water, fire, ground (ability) and beefy 80/130/150 dence, laitas can take hit like a champ from a wide variety of pokemon and then proceeed to set up a few calm minds. In addition to this, latias has claim to be stellar user of stored power. The ability to not only get stab but the ease latias can rack up calm minds make her absurdly powerful.

With out further a due the team

Latias-Mega

252 Hp / 252 Spd / 4 SpAtk
timid
-recover
-dragon pulse
-calm mind
-stored power

Latias's mega was never a big secret, found early in the code of X&Y it seemed out of the two twin latias had struck the right balance of stat changes to become a worthy mega of note. Mentioned earlier, latias is pretty darn bulky for a fast sweeper with 80/130/150 bulk and dragon/psychic typing, latias is going to find ample times to set up and make a sweep. The set is simple recover for regaining health, dragon pulse for dragon stab, calm mind to boost and stored power to inflict serious pain after said boosts. The eves are to give both bulk and speed to latias, however are merly experimental as i don't know myelf a more standard or useful distribution, which is why it's under testing. Naturally latias has her short coming's, which the team attempts to deal with bellow.

Sylveon -Choice Specs

Pixilate
-Modest
188 hp / 252 SpA / 88 Speed
-hyper voice
-shadow ball
-psyshock
-batonpass

Sylveon is here to destroy dark types and act as an adorable little Juggernaut of a pokemon plowig hole through he opponents team while keeping that important fairy typing and reasonable bulk to make use of it. The primary reason for sylveon is to destroy the world of sableye, who otherwise wrecks latios to shreds. The set is the pretty standard choice specs set, with hypervoice for insane stab, hp ground for heatran and magezone, with psyshock for the ability to hit specially inclined pokemon hard aka the blobbs. The eves allow for maximum bulk and power and get the jump on minimum speed tyranitar and other base 60 speed pokemon.

Jirachi
Jirachi @ Leftovers

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

With the addition of rotom-w, i felt more comfortable of the idea of parting with heatran as steels seems to have been covered, jirahi arrives on the scene to deal with arch nemesis gardivoir and to provide support for the team int he form of rocks and wish support. The set is the standard specially defensive jirachi with swish and sr for support, u-turn for scouting and forming a volt/turn combo with rotom-w and iron head mauls fairies.

Rotom-w
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

With advice from albocore, the decision was made to replace landorus with romtom-w. My main reason for this change was to further check threats such as azumaril, but primarily as I felt that 2 choice scarf users was a bit too excessive for the team and rather than replace the landorus set I decided to give the standard physically defensive rotom set a try.

Ferrothorn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

On the advice of albacore, ferrothorn arrives on the team to patch up some weaknesses, in particular azumaril and geninja. The set is the set recommended by albocore also, running yro ball and power whip for the ability hit additional threats such as fairies and azumaril with out too much fuss (with the standrad 0 speed ivvs while using gyro), spikes has been cosen for now as other members fot he team are precipitant at setting up rocks and additional hazards are always welcomed.

Keldo

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

On the advie of albacore keldeo has been switched to a scarf set in order to introduce a proficiant revnge killer for the team. The set is simple with the standard choice scarf set, with maxium speed and special attack with keldeo's normal coverage moves in scald, icy win, hydro pump and secret sword.

Former members

Seeing the utility of jirachi and it's ability ot defeat the import threat of garvioir-mega, combined with the ability of rotom-w and keldeo to deal with steels, heatran departed the tem in favoir of the wishies pokemon

I had a choice of 3 options ; run 2 scarf users on the team, run a different landorus set or run rotom-w over lando, I chose to run rotom-w. Reaons outlined in the romtom-w section

Slamence is getting banned, anyone that says otherwise is well not seen much of mence, which is odd as he's everywhere, he was ehre to keep mence for destroying me and with that reason gone it's time he left in fvaour of a counter to azumaril and co. in ferrothorn

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Nice team! But you have no hazard removers. Try Defog on Latias (Or add Latios) or replace something with a spinner, like Excadrill or Starmie.

Nice team! But you have no hazard removers. Try Defog on Latias (Or add Latios) or replace something with a spinner, like Excadrill or Starmie.
hazard removal is not always nessary, but always useful. Excadrill was a consideration, but his typing can be a burden same with starmie, i am looking into possibilities to replace keldeo as he is the bit of the weak link of the team

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team looks solid enough, you do a good job of clearing out Dark types for MLatias, however there are a couple of things you're weak to. Greninja is probably the biggest one, it switches in easily on Heatran and you really don't have any switchins (Keldeo is 2HKO'd by Gunk Shot for instance). You do have Dragon Pulse on MLatias which most peopel don't expect and does help vs Greninja, but it can still 2HKO you even if you have a CM up so you need to be very careful. I would give Keldeo a Choice Scarf, not only does this enable you to deal with Greninja better, but it also makes it a better answer to opposing Weavile and lets it somewhat deal with Mega-Metagross, both of which can be problematic for your team too.

You are also pretty weak to Azumarill, who basically 2HKOs most of your team. Ferrothorn would be a good pick for your team Rotom-W can also work pretty well, and forms a nice VoltTurn core with Landorus-T. I would recommend Ferrothorn more however, since it's a better Azumarill counter and is also able to deal with MGyara who can be a big threat (Another way you could deal with MGyara is running Superpower on Landorus-T, that way you can reliably check it), though Rotom-W does provide you with a nice VoltTurn core. Both of these also make you less weak to Greninja which is nice. Fitting Ferrothorn or Rotom-W is a bit tricky though, I would one run one of them over Weavile though, I don't think it's too necessary to your team in all honesty. I guess you could also run it over Landorus-T is you're already running Scarf Keldeo and you don't feel like you need another scarfer (there's also a bit of a role overlap between Landorus-T and Ferro/Rotom)

You are also pretty weak to Mega-Gardevoir, it comes in completely for free on Latios and checks Keldeo and Weavile. For this reason I recommend running Jirachi over Heatran, Jirachi can lay down Stealth Rocks, and also provides Wish support for Sylveon and Landorus-T (especially good for Sylveon since that means it doesn't get worn down as much by repetidely switching into MSableye), and also deals with Diancie who can be annoying This does make you weaker to opposing Jirachi however, but you already have a good check in Landorus-T, so that's not too big a deal. Another option would be to run a Choice Scarf on Heatran, though you do already have a Scarfer and you need to find another Rock setter so that probably isn't the best option (also MGarde can easily Focus Blast you on the switch)

Oh and this is just a small nitpick, but I would consider running Baton Pass on Sylveon. I really don't think you're weak enough to Heatran to warrant HP Ground, and though Baton Pass sounds dumb, it's actually a pretty useful tool in letting you gain momentum. Say, for instance, you send in Sylveon. The opponent send in Air Balloon Heatran. You can easily Baton Pass and get Keldeo in for free. You can spend most of early-game Baton Passing and then just spam Hyper Voice lategame. I guess you could also run 88 Speed on it to outspeed Skarmory (you actually 2HKO it with Hyper Voice after rocks) but you do lose out on a bit of bulk as a result. Also I would run Jolly on Landorus-T with a spread of 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe this lets you outspeed Adamant Charizard-X and Scarf Excadrill at +1.

(oh yeah also run secret sword on keldeo not sacred sword lol. I make the same mistake every time, it's pretty annoying)

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Thunder Wave
- Protect / Spikes

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower / Knock Off

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish / Body Slam
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Hope this helps !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)