Lileep (Analysis)'

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Lileep Analysis: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lileep

[Overview]
<p>Lileep is a curious Pokemon in the Little Cup tier because in order to fully use its sweeping potential, you need to pair it with certain Pokemon. The main component to any Lileep team is Hippoptas due to its ability to activate sandstorm, which raises Lileep's average Special Defense stat to one of the highest in the metagame. You also need a team that can soften up and remove problematic counters for Lileep so that it can safely stat up. Combine this with a decent HP stat, a strong Defense stat, a movepool that compliments its natural bulk and a helpful ability in Suction Cups, and Lileep has the potential to sweep through unprepared teams.</p>

[SET]
name: Sand Storm Sweeper
move 1: Stockpile
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: Recover
move 4: Seed Bomb
item: Oran Berry
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 228 HP / 220 Def / 60 SpD
Nature: Impish

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>One of the most despised sets in Little Cup for its ability to turn a “won” match into a quick loss. The set is simple and fairly easy to set up; however, it will require sandstorm to be in effect. Switch Lileep in near the end of a match when most Pokemon are weakened and begin to Stockpile up. With your bulky EV spread you are reaching 26 HP, 18 Def, and 24 SpD under sandstorm condition before you even begin to Stockpile up. Stockpile and recover as necessary to maintain maximum health (also remember that you have an Oran Berry, which is basically like a free Recover). All the while sandstorm should be whittling down the opposing Pokemon's health. In the end you are aiming to get 3 Stockpiles and at least one Swords Dance in before you starting attacking.</p>

<p>Often you will find that unless the Pokemon either has STAB Ice-, Fighting-, or Bug-type attacks, they aren’t going to take you down. Their only hope is a lucky critical hit. After that, sweep with Seed Bomb, which reaches 20 Attack after a Swords Dance. If you're feeling lucky, you can Swords Dance even more if you feel like you need the extra power.</p>

[SET]
name: Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Energy Ball / Giga Drain
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: AncientPower / Hidden Power Rock
evs: 228 HP / 36 SpA / 220 SpD
nature: Calm

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Lileep makes a great lead due its ability to beat a lot of the common leads in Little Cup and its general bulk to take a lot of hits. Many of the common leads in Little Cup include Kabuto, Omastar, Phanpy, Chimchar, Aipom, Meowth and Houndour, many of whom Lileep can easily manage. Stealth Rock is a no-brainer move that is usually set up, barring Taunt leads like Aipom and Meowth. Energy Ball is a nice STAB move that hits Kabuto, Omastar, and Phanpy for significant damage. Earth Power hits Chimchar and Houndour for super effective damage and breaks their Focus Sashes. AncientPower is a strong STAB move that hits Flying Pokemon like Mantyke for significant damage.</p>

<p>The novelty in the set lies in that fact that nothing can really OHKO Lileep except for a Snover's Blizzard. 228 HP and 220 Special Defense EVs allow it to survive a Houndour's and Chimchar's Overheat, activating Oran Berry. The extra EVs are put into Special Attack to give a little extra power.</p>

[Additional Comments]
<p>You can alternatively use Giga Drain instead of Energy Ball which sacrifices power for the ability to heal a little bit, as it still OHKOes Kabuto and Omastar, and takes a significant chunk from Phanpy. Hidden Power Rock is also another option that gives you 10 more power than AncientPower. However, AncientPower's ability to boost all stats by +1 10% of the time is usually more helpful than the power boost of Hidden Power Rock.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>For starters, you will need Hippopotas for sandstorm since the boost in Special Defense is key. Aside from that, any entry hazards are nice to remove any annoying Focus Sash Pokemon. You’ll also want your team to soften up your opponent before you attempt to sweep with Lileep since it often can take 50% away and dislikes extra turns that could end up being critical hits.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Lileep has some other interesting options. Curse cuts down on the set-up time, but leaves you more open to special attacks. However, you wouldn’t need to run Swords Dance, which allows you to run another attacking move like Rock Slide alongside Seed Bomb. If you choose to run Curse, you should run a 228 HP / 220 SpD / 60 Def EV spread. You can also possibly add Amnesia to the mix which would allow you to get as many boosts as you wanted instead of the normal cap of three that Stockpile has.</p>

<p> It is also possible to run a stall set that uses Toxic and Flash or Substitute instead of Swords Dance; however you might as well set up Lileep if you can stall.</p>

[Counters]

<p>The #1 counter to Lileep is Snover. It not only stops sandstorm but it can OHKO with a STAB Blizzard. You will want to get rid of him and have sand presence before you set up Lileep. Otherwise it will switch in all day on you and make your life miserable.</p>

<p> Surprisingly, Dratini and Bagon are fairly decent counters to Lileep because of their ability to Dragon Dance in the face of Lileep while taking minimal damage even from a Swords Dance Seed Bomb. Smart Dratini users will usually Dragon Dance up until they know you are in KO range for Outrage, but often, many will panic and immediately attack you in which case you can recover off most of the damage and then wear them down.</p>

<p>Anything that can Toxic Lileep is also a pretty effective counter. The good news is that Toxic is fairly rare in Little Cup, along with the use of Toxic Spikes, so this is usually a minor threat; it is possible however.</p>

<p>Lastly, critical hits are the bane of Lileep. It may sound silly, but often if a Lileep gets set up with 3 Stockpiles and a Swords Dance, it usually spells doom for your opponent unless that 6% chance saves them.</p>

Heh, I was going to write up that set you have there. Seems like you beat me to it.

I'd like to suggest an alternative EV spread though. I've used 228 HP / 140 Defense / 140 Special Defense @ Impish with some excellent success. You reach, respectively, 26 / 17 / 17 stats. That means you have equal defenses, so if you somehow manage to lose your sandstorm from a Rain Dance team or Snover, Lileep can still effectively take hits on the special side, as well as the physical side.

I really, really like this set. :D

EDIT: Haha, they were 17. My mistake!

matty

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ya and most of the credit should go to you Fuzz since you were the first one running the set for a long time. I started running it on my SS team after you swept me with it a few times.

The first thing I want to point out is that you have 26 / 17 / 17 in each stat, not 14s.

As for the EV spread, I went with more Defense because I always felt that in order to sweep you had to have Sand no matter what, and thus you could skimp on the SpDef EVs because of the Rock boost. You are still losing either way if a Rain Dance or Hail stops your sand most likely (Blizzard from Snover is a OHKO and Hydro Pump with Rain is most likely a OHKO but I would need to do damage calcs). If you did run that spread then you would end up with 25 in Sp Def vs 24 Sp Def and 17 Def vs 18 Def. Since you have so much Sp Def, I feel like that extra stat point might as well go to Def.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[SET]
name: Uh Oh

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>One of the most despised sets in Little Cup for its ability to turn a “won” match into a quick loss. The set is simple and fairly easy to set up however it will require Sand Storm to be in effect. Switch Lileep in near the end of a match when most Pokemon are weakened and begin to Stockpile up. With your bulky EV spread you are reaching 26 HP, 18 Def, and 24 SpD under Sand condition before you even begin to Stockpile up. Stockpile and recover as necessary to maintain maximum health (also remember that you have an Oran Berry which is basically like a free Recover). All the while Sand Storm should be whittling down your opponents Pokemon health. In the end you are aiming to get 3 Stockpiles and at least one Swords Dance in before you starting attacking.</p>

<p>Often times you will find that unless the Pokemon either has STAB Ice-, Fighting-, or Bug- attacks, they aren’t going to take you down. Their only hope is a lucky critical hit. After that, sweep with Seed Bomb, which reaches 20 attack after a Swords Dance. If your feeling lucky, you can Swords Dance even more if you feel like you need the extra Power.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>For starters, you will need Hippopotas for Sand since the boost in Special Defense is key. Aside from that, any entry hazards are nice to remove any annoying Focus Sash Pokemon. You’ll also want your team to soften up your opponent before you attempt to sweep with Lileep since it often can take 50% away and dislikes extra turns that could end up being Critical Hits.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Lileep has some other interesting options in Curse which cuts down on the set up time, but leaves you more open to Special Attacks. However, you wouldn’t need to run Swords Dance, which allows you the ability to run another attacking move like Rock Slide along side Seed Bomb. If you choose to run Curse, you should run a 228 HP / 220 SpD / 60 Def with a Careful nature. You can also possible add Amnesia to the mix which would allow you to get as many boosts as you wanted instead of the normal cap of three that Stockpile usually has.</p>

<p> It is also possible to run a stall set that uses Toxic and Flash or Sub instead of Swords Dance, however you might as well set up Lileep if you can stall.</p>

[Counters]
<p>The #1 counter to Lileep is Snover. In not only stops Sand but it can OHKO with a STAB Blizzard. You will want to get rid of him and have sand presence before you set up Lileep. Otherwise it will switch in all day on you.</p>

<p> Surprising, Dratini and Bagon are fairly decent counters to Lileep because of their ability to Dragon Dance in the face of Lileep while taking minimal damage even from a Swords Dance Seed Bomb. Smart Dratini users will usually Dragon Dance up until they know you are in KO range for Outrage, but often times, many will panic and immediately attack you in which you can recover off most of the damage and then wear them down.</p>

<p>Lastly, critical hits are the banes of Lileep. It may sound silly, but often times if a Lileep gets set up with 3 Stockpiles and a Swords Dance, it usually spells doom for your opponent unless that 6% chance saves them.</p>

Well, it's up to you if you want to use the spread I suggested or not. However, you can always mention that alternative EV spread in the [ADDITIONAL COMMENTS].

I also forgot to mention this other Lileep set I've had with great success.

Lileep (M) @ Oran Berry
EVs: 228 HP/36 SAtk/220 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Energy Ball
- Earth Power
- Ancientpower

Lileep makes an amazing Pokemon in the lead position. It can beat a ton of other common Pokemon in the lead slot, such as Omanyte, Kabuto, Chimchar, Aipom, Meowth, Phanpy, and Houndour. With its great bulk, it can proceed to set up its own Stealth Rock too. I haven't really come up with a workable EV spread so far, but the one I have been using gives me a slight chance to survive Snover's Blizzard, as well as taking Houndour's Overheat with ease. Also, that special bulk helps immensely against Ice Beam users, particularly Mantyke.

I'll get back to you once I find out a good overall spread. :P

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Uh Oh

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>One of the most despised sets in Little Cup for its ability to turn a “won” match into a quick loss. The set is simple and fairly easy to set up; however, it will require sandstorm to be in effect. Switch Lileep in near the end of a match when most Pokemon are weakened and begin to Stockpile up. With your bulky EV spread you are reaching 26 HP, 18 Def, and 24 SpD under sandstorm before you even begin to Stockpile up. Stockpile and Recover are necessary to maintain maximum health (also remember that you have an Oran Berry, which is basically like a free Recover). All the while sandstorm should be whittling down the opposing Pokemon's health. In the end you are aiming to get 3 Stockpiles and at least one Swords Dance in before you starting attacking.</p>

<p>Oftentimes you will find that unless the Pokemon either has STAB Ice-, Fighting-, or Bug-type attacks, they aren’t going to take you down. Their only hope is a lucky critical hit. After that, sweep with Seed Bomb, which reaches 20 Attack after a Swords Dance. If you're feeling lucky, you can Swords Dance even more if you feel like you need the extra power.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>For starters, you will need Hippopotas for sandstorm since the boost in Special Defense is key. Aside from that, any entry hazards are nice to remove any annoying Focus Sash Pokemon. You’ll also want your team to soften up your opponent before you attempt to sweep with Lileep since it often can take 50% away and dislikes extra turns that could end up being critical hits.</p>

[Other Options]
<p>Lileep has some other interesting options. Curse cuts down on the set-up time, but leaves you more open to special attacks. However, you wouldn’t need to run Swords Dance, which allows you to run another attacking move like Rock Slide alongside Seed Bomb. If you choose to run Curse, you should run a 228 HP / 220 SpD / 60 Def EV spread with a Careful nature. You can also possibly add Amnesia to the mix which would allow you to get as many boosts as you wanted instead of the normal cap of three that Stockpile has.</p>

<p> It is also possible to run a stall set that uses Toxic and Flash or Substitute instead of Swords Dance; however, you might as well set up Lileep if you can stall.</p>

[Counters]
<p>The #1 counter to Lileep is Snover. It not only stops sandstorm but it can OHKO with a STAB Blizzard. You will want to get rid of it and have sandstorm present before you set up Lileep. Otherwise it will switch in all day on you and make your life miserable.</p>

<p> Surprisingly, Dratini and Bagon are fairly decent counters to Lileep because of their ability to Dragon Dance in the face of Lileep while taking minimal damage even from a Swords Dance Seed Bomb. Smart Dratini users will usually Dragon Dance up until they know you are in KO range of Outrage, but oftentimes, many will panic and immediately attack you in which case you can recover off most of the damage and then wear them down.</p>

<p>Anything that can Toxic Lileep is also a pretty effective counter. The good news is that Toxic is fairly rare in Little Cup, along with the use of Toxic Spikes, so this is usually a minor threat; it is possible, however</p>

<p>Lastly, critical hits are the bane of Lileep. It may sound silly, but oftentimes if a Lileep gets set up with 3 Stockpiles and a Swords Dance, it usually spells doom for your opponent unless that 6% chance saves them.</p>

Also, you should probably change the set name to something other than 'Uh-Oh'. =0 It's fitting, I understand, but... err... you know.

...or is that considered acceptable here? I don't really know. -.-' Just a suggestion then, I guess. (if nothing else, a set name like 'Sandstorm Sweeper' or something would make it less vague and easier to understand....?)

matty

Alright well I went ahead with all the suggestions and grammar edits.

I've also added the Lead set after discussing it with Fuzznip. I'll go test it today when I have a chance

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Nobody reads edited posts anymore (unfortunately), and I saw that you added the lead set, so I figured I would edit it for you...

[SET]
move 4: Ancientpower / Hidden Power Rock
EVs: 228 HP / 36 SpA / 220 SpD
Nature: Calm

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Lileep makes a great lead due its ability to beat a lot of the common leads in Little Cup and its general bulk to take a lot of hits. Many of the common leads in Little Cup include Kabuto, Omastar, Phanphy, Chimchar, Aipom, Meowth and Houndour, many of whom Lileep can easily manage. Stealth Rock is a no-brainer move that is usually set up, barring Taunt leads like Aipom and Meowth. Energy Ball is a nice STAB move that hits Kabuto, Omanyte, and Phanphy for significant damage. Earth Power hits Chimchar and Houndour for super effective damage and breaks their Focus Sashes. Ancientpower is a strong STAB move that hits Flying Pokemon like Mantyke for significant damage.</p>

<p>The novelty in the set lies in that fact that nothing can really OHKO Lileep except for a Snover's Blizzard. 228 HP and 220 Special Defense EVs allow it to survive a Houndour's and Chimchar's Overheat, activating Oran Berry. The extra EVs are put into Special Attack to give a little extra power.</p>

[Additional Comments]
<p>You can alternatively use Giga Drain instead of Energy Ball which sacrifices power for the ability to heal a little bit, as it still OHKOes Kabuto and Omanyte, and takes a significant chunk from Phanphy. Hidden Power Rock is also another option that gives you 10 more power than Ancientpower. However, Ancientpower's ability to boost all stats by +1 10% of the time is usually more helpful than the power boost of Hidden Power Rock.</p>

Also, from a grammatical standpoint the first set's name needs to be "Sandstorm Sweeper", not "Sand Storm Sweeper". ;)

matty

K edited up again. Sorry about all the stupid capitalization mistakes. I'll go read up what should and shouldn't be capitalizaed ;\

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Needs overview section.

Fixed a few things like "Ancientpower / Hidden Power [Rock]" to "AncientPower / Hidden Power Rock".

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
Seeing as you just added the Overview I thought I would give it a quick check.

[Overview]
<p>Lileep is a curious Pokemon in the Little Cup tier because in order to fully use its sweeping potential, you need to pair it with certain Pokemon. The main component to any Lileep team is Hippoptas due to its ability to activate sandstorm, which raises Lileep's average Special Defense stat to one of the highest in the metagame. You also need a team that can soften up and remove problematic counters for Lileep so that it can safely stat up. Combine this with a decent HP stat, a strong Defense stat, a movepool that compliments its natural bulk and a helpful ability in Suction Cups, and Lileep has the potential to sweep through unprepared teams.</p>

matty

Editted up with everything. This should be complete and ready to go up

you are missing a really good lileep set; Curse/Recover/Protect/Rock Slide with Leftovers. I'm hoping ete, Vader, buddha, and many others can back me up on how powerful this set can be, but it is almost indestructible in sandstorm once you are surviving super effective special attacks (some don't even 2hko) and after a curse, taking some of the strongest physical attacks.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]
<p>Lileep is a curious Pokemon in Little Cup because, in order to fully use his sweeping potential, certain Pokemon need to be paired with him. The main component to any Lileep team is Hippopotas, due to its ability to activate sandstorm, which increases Lileep’s Special Defense stat by 50% to make it one of the highest in the metagame. <removed> Combine this with a decent HP stat, a strong Defense stat, a movepool that compliments its natural bulk, and a helpful ability in Suction Cups, and Lileep has the potential to sweep through unprepared teams.</p>

1. Little Cup tier is redundant.
2. added a comma to set apart the prepositional phrase
3. removed the mention of you, changed it into active voice instead of passive voice.
4. Hippoptas --> Hippopotas
4. added a comma to set apart the prepositional phrase
5. rephrased to clarify/remove awkwardness
6. I feel that this sentence is extraneous; this is true for all sweepers.
7. added a comma; Smogon observes the Oxford Comma

[SET]
name: Sand Storm Sweeper

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is one of the most despised sets in Little Cup for its ability to turn a “won” match into a quick loss. The set is simple and fairly easy to set up; however, it requires sandstorm to be most effective. Lileep is best used during end-game, when most Pokemon are weakened already. With the given EVs, Lileep reaches 26 HP, 18 Def, and 24 SpD if sandstorm is in effect. Stockpile boosts Lileep’s defenses even higher, and Recover can be used as necessary to maintain maximum health (also remember that you have an Oran Berry, which is essentially a free Recover). All the while, sandstorm should be whittling down the opposing Pokemon's health. Ideally, Lileep should have three Stockpile boosts and a Swords Dance boost before he starts attacking.</p>

1. Sentence fragment, added “This is”
2. rephrased to remove awkwardness
3. removed the command from the sentence
4. rephrased to remove awkwardness
5. rephrased to remove awkwardness
6. rephrased to maintain coherency
7. capitalized Recover, rephrased to maintain coherency
8. reworded to remove awkardness
9. added a comma to set apart the prepositional phrase
10. rephrased to remove “you” and to remove awkwardness

<p>Generally, if Lileep gets set up the opponent will not be able to take him down, unless they are packing STAB Ice-, Fighting-, or Bug-type moves. At that point, their only hope is a lucky critical hit. After a Swords Dance, Lileep reaches 20 Attack, which is more than enough to sweep in most cases. Of course, Lileep can use Swords Dance again if you feel that he needs the extra power.</p>

1. Rephrased to remove “you” and to remove awkardness.
2. added to better transition from sentence to sentence.
3. rephrased to remove awkwardness

This set seems fine to me, but I also feel that the comments could be expanded a bit more. Right now, you don’t even have an Additional Comments section, which really is necessary for this to get on-site. Perhaps you could explain what the nature does for Lileep (one sentence is fine), and move the explanation of the item and the EVs into this section. Additionally, you could mention using Curse + another attacking move as an alternative to Stockpile + Swords Dance.

[SET]
move 4: AncientPower / Hidden Power Rock
evs: 228 HP / 36 SpA / 220 SpD
nature: Calm

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Lileep makes a great lead due his general bulk and his ability to beat a lot of the common leads in Little Cup. Barring a critical hit or an odd Taunt, Lileep will always be able to at least use Stealth Rock before going down. Energy Ball is a nice STAB move that hits Kabuto, Omanyte, and Phanpy for significant damage. Earth Power hits Chimchar and Houndour for super effective damage and breaks each Pokemon’s Focus Sash. AncientPower is a strong STAB move that hits Flying Pokemon like Mantyke for significant damage.</p>

<p>The utility in the set lies in that fact that nothing can <removed> OHKO Lileep, except for <removed> Snover's Blizzard. 228 HP and 220 Special Defense EVs allow Lileep to survive an Overheat from Houndour and Chimchar, activating Oran Berry. The extra EVs are put into Special Attack to give a little extra power.</p>

1. Moved for clarity
2. rephrased to remove awkwardness, also removed the mentions of all the common leads (clutters the analysis somewhat needlessly)
3. Omastar → Omanyte
6. rephrased to remove awkwardness
7. rephrased to remove awkwardness
8. rephrased to remove awkwardness

[Additional Comments]

<p>Giga Drain can be used in lieu of Energy Ball. In doing so, Lileep sacrifices a little bit of power for the ability to heal a little bit, while still retaining the ability to OHKO Kabuto and Omanyte. Hidden Power Rock is <removed> another option that has 10 more Base Power than AncientPower. However, AncientPower's ability to boost all stats by +1 10% of the time is usually more helpful than the power boost of Hidden Power Rock. If you do decide to use Hidden Power Rock instead of AncientPower, remember to use 224 SpD EVs instead of 220 to account for the IV drop required to use it.</p>

1. Rephrased to remove awkwardness
2. redundant
4. added for clarity

[Team Options]

<p>Lileep really needs the Special Defense boost from Sandstorm to be effective, so Hippopotas is key. Lileep also appreciates a teammate that can set up entry hazards to remove any annoying Focus Sash Pokemon. <removed></p>

1. Removed “you,” rephrased to remove awkwardness
3. removed, this is more appropriate for in the individual sets (you mention it there anyway)

This section really needs to be expanded. What Pokemon have offensive synergy with Lileep? What Pokemon have defensive synergy with Lileep? I removed the section about making sure that your team softens up the opponents team before bringing Lileep in, and if you want to mention that still mention good examples of Pokemon that work well with Lileep.

[Other Options]

<p>Lileep has some other interesting options. Curse cuts down on the set-up time, but leaves Lileep more open to special attacks. However, using Curse makes Swords Dance extraneous, which allows you to run another attacking move like Rock Slide alongside Seed Bomb. If you do choose to run Curse, you should run a 228 HP / 220 SpD / 60 Def EV spread. (Why?) Amnesia, which allows Lileep to cap its Special Defense at +6 as opposed to +3 with Stockpile, may also be used.</p>

<p> It is also possible to run a stall set that uses Toxic and Flash or Substitute instead of Swords Dance; however you might as well set up Lileep if you can stall.</p>

1. Removed “you”
3. added “do” for flow reasons
4. removed “you” and rephrased to remove awkwardness

Surely Lileep has other options that it can run? Really, anything that looks remotely viable (to an extent) should be included in this section.

[Counters]

<p>The #1 counter to Lileep is Snover. He replaces the sandstorm that Lileep loves so much with hail and he can OHKO Lileep with a STAB Blizzard. You will want to get rid of him and have sandstorm in play before you set up Lileep. Otherwise he will continue to counter Lileep just by switching in repeatedly.</p>

<p> Surprisingly, Dratini and Bagon are fairly decent counters to Lileep. Both Dragons take minimal damage even from a boosted Seed Bomb, which means they are both free to use Dragon Dance. Smart Dratini users will usually use Dragon Dance until they can KO Lileep with Outrage. Oftentimes, however, many will panic and immediately attack you. In this case you can recover off most of the damage and then proceed to wear them down with Seed Bomb and sandstorm.</p>

<p>Anything that can Toxic Lileep is also an effective counter. The good news is that Toxic (as well as Toxic Spikes) is fairly rare in Little Cup, so this is <removed> a minor threat.</p>

1. Rephrased to remove awkwardness
4. split into two sentences, rephrased to remove awkwardness
6. split into two sentences, rephrased to remove awkwardness
7. removed “pretty” because it doesn’t add anything
8. moved mention of Toxic Spikes to remove awkwardness
9. removed “usually”—it’s either a threat or it isn’t
10. removed the critical hit paragraph—critical hits counter everything.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me either on here or on IRC.

I personally belive Lileep needs to be looked into more, because with such a large selection of moves to choose from I hardly believe that these two sets listed are the only ones that are viable.

Shouldn't Rock Slide at least be an option over Seed Bomb for the first set? I personally believe Rock attacks are better in mono-attacking sets due to better coverage, but I guess it should just be slashed as an option over Seed Bomb.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Mention Machop in Counters or something? It is bulky enough to take Seed Bombs and can hit hard and confuse with SE DynamicPunch.

I think it should be noted that the lead set, surprisingly, doesnt counter Houndoor, as most of leadoor carry reversal. Since you use Lileep as a lead, sandstorm will probably be inactive, so Houndoor beats you with OverHeat+Sash+Rev.

matty

Harrro prz

Gonna finish this after my stupid long break. I'm gonna add the few things people mentioned

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
curse set with curse/recover/dual stabs is needed. outclasses stockpile set imo (though both are good, coverage is nice for essentially the same end result). i've also seen a decent croleep set with curse, but this is outclassed by recover/2 stabs because toxic is uncommon. wisp isn't uncommon though, so it probably deserves mention in oo or something.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You need Additional Comments for the first set.

Other Options should be Optional Changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)