move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Rock
item: Leftovers/ Lum Berry
ability: Chlorophyll
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

• Quiver Dance is the best Lilligant's boosting move
• She is the perfect user of this movet, it boostes Lilligant's great Special Attack, good Speed and decent Special Defense
• Sleep Powder allows to render useless a counter like Munchlax and Drapion
•Giga Drain is the main STAB and recovering HP
• Hidden Power Rock hits hard fire-types like Moltres and Entei and also -Sygliph
• Hidden Power Fire hits hard grass and steel such as Ferroseed ,other Lilligant, Ferroseed and Roselia and Escavalier
• The choice between the two moves depends of the team but Hidden Power Fire is generaly more useful because Moltres is faster because of IV drop, Entei has ExtremeSpeed and other Fire-types like Magmortar and Typhlosion are uncommon while Ferroseed, Rotom-C, Roselia and Escavalier are all common and complety wall Lilligant without Hidden Power Fire

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• EVs spread gives maximum power and speed
• Timid nature allows to outspeed positive natured base 80s and as well speed tie with other positive natured base 90s

• Leftovers for the staying power

• Lum Berry to avoid status
• Modest nature and Life Orb can be use for the extra power
• Petal Dance could be use because it has much more power but the lock into à Grass move can be risky. In this case, Own Tempo is the best ability because it prevents from confusion
• Wall by Fire-types if not using Hidden Power Rock and by Grass-types if not using Hidden Power Fire
• Bulky water-types like Slowking and Quilfish for deal with Fire-types if using Hidden Power Fire
• Fire-types like Entei and Moltres for deal with Grass-types if using Hidden Power Rock

[SET]
name: Bulky Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Sleep Powder/Aromatherapy
move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Rock
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

• This set uses Lilligant's decent defenses to set-up easier Quiver Dance
• Pratically same moves
• Quiver Dance boosts Lilligant's great Special Attack, good speed and decent special defense easily thanks to the defensive investment
• Giga Drain is the best STAB on this set because of the recovering.
• Sleep Powder to put counters to sleep
• Aromatherapy could be use to cure status like Toxic and Thunder Wave
• Again, the choice of the Hidden Power depends of the team
• Hidden Power Rock hits harder Fire-types while Hidden Power Fire hits other grass-types

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• The EVs spread and the nature allow Lilligant to outspeed Swellow and Sceptile after a Quiver Dance while providing bulk
• Substitute can be use, allowing Lilligant to protect from status moves but is generaly outclass by Sleep Powder because the last move allows to render useless a Pokemon and an easier set-up
• Same counters, Grass-types if not using Hidden Power Fire and Fire-types if not using Hidden Power Rock.
• Same teamnates, fire-types if not using Hidden Power Fire and water-types if not using Hidden Power Rock

[Other Options]

- a Sunny Day support can be use
- except that, Lilligant doesn't too much options, she only has defensive options
- a support set can be use
- Stun Spore, Toxic, Healing Wish, Leech Seed and Light Screen are great options
- a physicaly or specialy defensive spread can be use in this case

[Checks and Counters]

- Munchlax
- Grass and Steel like Ferrossed, Rotom-C, Victreebel and Escavalier and Sygliph if not using Hidden Power Fire
- Fire-types like Moltres, Entei, Magmortar and Typhlosion if not using Hidden Power Rock
- Sap Sipper Bouffalant, Miltank and Sawsbuck
- Unaware Clefable
- Drapion
- Druddigon
- Cryogonal

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mention Aromatherapy Quiver Dance.
Mention Substitute Quiver Dance.
Add Sap Sipper Miltank and Sawsbuck, and Unaware Clefable into Checks and Counters.
Get Lum Berry out of the Offensive QD Set - add lefties instead.

QC APPROVED 1/3

edit: meant life orb out of offensive qd, not lum berry. sorry!

Windsong : I added all changes, thanks

kokoloko : Thanks, I mention Own Tempo is the best ability with Petal Dance

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not really convinced on the Sunny Day set. It looks "ok" but that's not good enough. As a supporter it's quite frail and just compounds weaknesses that sun teams already have, and as an attacker it's inferior to the more common Chlorophyll sweepers due to how easy it is to wall, and inferior to its own QD set too, since +1 Giga Drain is almost as strong as SolarBeam. It has a small niche and might be useful occasionally, but that's what OO is for.

QD should be split into two sets. Trying to cram LO/Lum/Lefties/Giga Drain/Petal Dance/Aromatherapy/Sleep Powder/Substitute/offensive/bulky all into one set is a bad idea. The offensive set should be exactly what's on site right now, except remove the Modest slash because Modest is dumb, and move Petal Dance to AC imo. The bulky set should be similar to what's on site, with Substitute mentioned in AC, and maybe an updated spread.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks this, but in my opinion HP Fire is better than HP Rock in this metagame. The main reasons to use HP Rock are for Moltres (outspeeds because of IV drop), Entei (has ExtremeSpeed anyway), and Magmortar (isn't that common or good right now). However, when you use HP Fire you can beat Ferroseed, Rotom-C, Roselia (with some prior damage), and Escavalier, which you would lose to otherwise and are overall much more common. Personally, I'm a lot more scared if Lilligant has HP Fire as opposed to HP Rock.

Thanks, I'll mention HP Fire is better and also slash it as the primary option

edit : got out Life Orb, thanks

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
[QC]3/3[/QC]

I know this would be caught in GP but just so you know, you need spaces between the slash itself and the things being separated by it. Example being:

move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Rock
It needs to be fixed to be like this when it goes on-site.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Please hold off on writing this up. QC is still discussing what to do with the 2nd set, and if SubQD deserves its own set.

• Sleep Powder allows to render useless a counter like Munchlax and Drapion
I'd honestly mention something other than Munchlax here. They almost always have Sleep Talk, which means they don't care about Sleep Powder and continue to wall you until they roll Whirlwind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)