- Bad defences
- Near impossible to stop once it gets set up
- Hard to get set up
- ExtremeSpeed is great priority move, and Linoone overall can beat ghosts, setting it apart from other Belly Drum users
- Belly Drum is great, especially with Sitrus Berry
- Fine Example of a late game sweeper
name: Belly Drum
move 1: Belly Drum
move 2: ExtremeSpeed
move 3: Shadow Claw
move 4: Return / Seed Bomb
item: Sitrus Berry
evs: 172 HP/ 252 Atk / 40 Def / 44 SDef
- At +6 OHKOes the majority of the tier
- 2HKOes everything that it doesn’t OHKO, meaning only steels can safely switch into it, if they predict it right
- 1048 base attack after belly drum
- ExtremeSpeed is the preferable move, getting STAB and +2 priority, and OHKOing more or less everything that doesn’t resist it
- Shadow Claw OHKOes all the ghosts in the tier, and prevents them from walling it
- Return hits Duosion, Exeggutor, Lickilicky, Vigoroth, Garbodor, Weezing, Amoonguss for a KO, while only missing a KO on Misdreavus and Drifblim.
- Seed Bomb provides a small amount of backbone against probopass and bastiodon, hitting them for neutral damage.
- Sitrus Berry allows it to get a larger chance to set up, meaning it can set up on anything that does less than 75% damage, rather than just 50%.
- Can set up on many of the weaker attackers in NU
- Can shred apart weather teams if it gets a free turn to set up
- EV Spread Maximises bulk, meaning it can set up more often as more moves don't KO or do enough damage to stop it from setting up. It is normally used most in random circumstances, as Linoone might be worn down by other attacks.
- Pickup is used because although generally useless, it could be used in a very weird circumstance. Gluttony would do nothing, as sitrus berry activates at 50% anyway
- salac berry for outspeeding haunter whiel staying adamant
- Can use a faster spread so it can outspeed all the ghosts in the tier, being Jolly with 40 HP/ 252 Atk/ 216 Spe to outrun Haunter. This spread doesn’t have nearly as much bulk and unfortunately the power loss means it can’t guarantee a 2HKO on Tangela, use it if Haunter weak.
- More speed to outrun potential taunt users, but you shouldn't be setting up on them in the first place
- Rock Smash is probably its best other option, allowing it to OHKO Bastiodon and Probopass.
- Much appreciates Dual Screen support, as it significantly increases the chances of managing to set up. Good users are Psychic-types like Gardevoir and Solrock, stuff like Ampharos work too
- Slow u-turns from Eelektross are great to help set up
- Skuntank is great for it, as it can take Toxic Spikes and Pursuit any ghosts wanting to annoy Linoone due to their immunity to ExtremeSpeed.
- Likes to have teammates that can break any focus sashes/sturdies, such as Golem, who can set up SR and can help beat the rare steel type
- Often needs to come in after a KO, as it is hard to get in and then proceed to set up.
- Rapid spin support is useful, as it again makes it easier to set up.
- Can also use Silk Scarf, which gives ExtremeSpeed a large power boost. It does make it much harder to set up though.
- Lum Berry means it can set-up on Scalds, Toxics, WoWs and it means it's sweep isn't stopped.
- Choice Band and Switcheroo
- Has a wide variety of bordering useless moves
- Subs might be able to go well with flail, and it means other linoone can’t KO it if they win the speed tie/outspeed anyway
- Gunk Shot OHKOs Tangela at +6
[Checks and Counters]
- Anything that can deal over 75%
- Bastiodon, Probopass, and a bit less Lairon can all be a pain for it, because it can’t get past them if they come in on a ExtremeSpeed/Shadow Claw, or if they come in after something’s been killed. They lose to Rock Smash, but they wall the choice set.
- Faster taunters, such as Skuntank, who outspeed Adamant Linoone, and can stop Dual Screen support from getting up
- Gurdurr can tank one hit if it doesn't have return and KO back
- Bulky steels can take its attack sometimes, however they are weak to rock smash, and normally can’t switch in, only revenge/phaze it out.
- If it is phazed out then it can’t normally set up Belly Drum again
- Sturdy users/Focus Sash that aren’t broken are one of the best options to revenge it, especially Kadabra as it has Magic Guard
- Wormadom-S is the most reliable counter, but its garbage otherwise, and needs to toxic stall it
- Tangela, although it can't switch in, is one of the best checks, as it can Sleep Powder then recover any HP lost with Giga Drain, which will KO before it wakes up.
- Ghosts can be a pain for it, especially Haunter/Drifbim as they can outspeed the slower sets and KO.
- Regirock is a strong choice, as it can wall a Seed Bomb and retaliate, especially if it has low HP.
hey guys, Barbeller hasn't been on since August I believe, so I'm taking this over. I took his old skeleton which was pretty good, and edited a few things, added a few things. If there is anything else you'd like to see let me know :)