List of leaked/rumoured VGC Dates and Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Texas date makes it tempting to try to fill in the blanks... at May 28th there's five weekends between it and Nationals, assuming they stick to that Nats date. Looking at their route from last year(http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/events.php) they took a week off before Nationals and only had two stops after Dallas (Newark, Atlanta) which leaves two weekends open if they take the same route as last year -- much whined for Midwest regional maybe ??

Though I do wonder if they won't mix shit up a bit with their path if that date is right -- if they don't cut regionals before Dallas(and it's hard to imagine them dropping SF or Seattle) there'd be 3 events before it even if they added nothing new, which backs us up to May 7th -- sure not a lot of time to prepare.

This happened last year, as well. We found the event calendar and it was removed before the official announcement. A good reminder (for other topics) that they do read these forums.
Yes, but it looks like the event on where we assumed VGC would be last for 3 days. So, it could (sadly) be something else.

Should I assume that if it is being held in Texas, that will be the closest one to Florida?
Seriously, I'll be very surprised if there's not one in Florida this year. They've NEVER held a VGC qualifier here in Florida, and TPCi knows very well that Florida is one of the largest and most competitive player bases for the TCG (we had 240 players in our TCG State Championships held earlier this month, and 156 of those were in the Masters division), and many TCG players also play the video games.

Well, California and Washington/Oregon have very strong TCG player bases too, but they aren't a very central location. The states the qualifiers are in are normally pretty central within their areas; I don't really expect Florida to have one considering it's not a very central state.

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
Glad to hear that the finals will be in San Diego this year. Looks like I will get to pay a visit just like I did in '09.

I sure hope that CA gets a qualifier somewhere. Heck, I'd make the drive to San Fran if I had to.

Glad to hear that the finals will be in San Diego this year. Looks like I will get to pay a visit just like I did in '09.

I sure hope that CA gets a qualifier somewhere. Heck, I'd make the drive to San Fran if I had to.
Pay a visit? Thats not a winning attitude. Say "Heck, I can actually go when I qualify" or something like that. Be Positive!

But yeah, I totally agree. I live in Texas so San Diego is still far but much more doable than Hawaii.

Yeah same here I'm willing to make the 12 hour drive to San Francisco again, because otherwise I'm not going to be able to attend at all.

Since Japan won't be competing, could it be possible that there will be more open spots in the US qualifiers?
Now now, just because Japan canceled their qualifiers won't mean that there won't be anyone at all from Japan...I would be highly surprised if they don't just move up their tournament schedule or have something in place later on to get reps out, it's still 4 months till Worlds after all.

Well, let's put it this way...not all of Japan was affected or hit as hard; there's tons of other places they can hold events should they want to. Whether it would be appropriate or not or if they aren't more pressing matters at the moment is up for another debate, but if they wanted to, they can probably hold events somewhere else.

Well, let's put it this way...not all of Japan was affected or hit as hard; there's tons of other places they can hold events should they want to. Whether it would be appropriate or not or if they aren't more pressing matters at the moment is up for another debate, but if they wanted to, they can probably hold events somewhere else.
It is more a problem of energy saving.
THe tournament was cancelled on march 22, the earthquake happened march 11 so it's not beacause their is a damaged area that it's cancelled. IT's because the main power plants are out right now, and japanese people should save energy.

They can also do only the a big national championship in July in Tokyo, but the regionals are out, it is too late to postpone them, and such a tournament only have a small chance of happening.

In London it was a venue called 'The Circus Space', but that was a terrible venue and I doubt it'll be chosen again. I'm more-so expecting Birmingham's NEC again, or Manchester Central. If not those, then a new venue in London.

The United Kingdom tournament will most likely be Saturday, May 28th (unless it's pushed back a bit to some time in June). I've already checked a few venues just to see if anything is booked in for the dates around that time.

Birmingham NEC - Nothing booked for May 28th. Only June 4th is is unavailable so far.
Manchester Central - Nothing booked for May 28th. Only June 26th is unavailable so far.
London Circus Space - Something booked for May 28th. Every Saturday is booked in June.

Circus Space won't be chosen anyway, but it can't be booked for any dates that are likely to see a European tournament anyway (late May - late June). I don't know London all that well, but considering the NEC was booked in Birmingham, something big could be chosen in London. I'm not talking o2 Arena, but perhaps a few venue sizes down. We'll just have to wait and see.

If they host vgc11 I will kiss your shoe. Seriously slim chance, transport to Birmingham and London is the best in the UK bar none. The best bit about Manchester is Football and damn don't I love it.

Now now, just because Japan canceled their qualifiers won't mean that there won't be anyone at all from Japan...I would be highly surprised if they don't just move up their tournament schedule or have something in place later on to get reps out, it's still 4 months till Worlds after all.
Now now, that's just stupid. Japan has already announced NO VGC. I highly doubt that after such a stern announcement on them cancelling the VGCs for this year, they will move up the date or have another sort of tournament. The US and Europe will just have more slots for invites to Worlds. That's a good thing.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now now, that's just stupid. Japan has already announced NO VGC. I highly doubt that after such a stern announcement on them cancelling the VGCs for this year, they will move up the date or have another sort of tournament. The US and Europe will just have more slots for invites to Worlds. That's a good thing.
There's no guarantee that the US and Europe will get more spots. Running off of last year, we both got 16 (though a lot of the Europeans couldn't afford to go, or just couldn't make it). Then, another 8 players (most likely American) get in through the Last Chance Qualifier, giving us 40 overall spots. However, Korea are confirmed to be participating, so that makes at least another 4, as well as last year's Champion - so 45. If Japan were participating, they'd probably still get their usual 8 players (so that'd be 53, unless more spots were allocated elsewhere).

There's always the potential they could add more to America and Europe, but I doubt it for now (unless they add a stop in Italy or the Netherlands this time). Or if they decide that Australia or Canada should get a tournament.

Last year, there were 49 invites sent out to Worlds - so there's no point in trying to come up with an even number. If they do choose to make up the 8 invites missed out on, then I'd bet it'll be the Last Chance Qualifier that has 16 spots instead of 8 this time.

Just curious, where is it confirmed Korea's participating o_o

(I love Koreans though :D)
Yeah, at least a third of my school are Koreans, a lot of the Koreans in my school are pretty awesome, I don't think they'll bring as much as the Japanese did to this metagame though.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not a false assumption, though. As far as I'm aware, that link states that Korea will have a tournament (unless translations are incorrect).

It was harsh on Italian players, hopefully they'll get a tournament.

As an update for the ATL regional (the one by me).... http://www.gwinnettcenter.com/Event-Calendar.34.0.html?&tx_calendar_pi1

Assuming it's in June like always, the Gwinnett Center seems to be avoiding Sunday, June 5th. If it's not on that day, it's not in the ATL, since there are no other weekends cleared until the 18th. I am hoping it's that June 5th, since I am not looking for a long drive...
i dont think it would be on a sunday, as far as i know all the regionals are on a saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)