List of Pokemon that Have Unreleased Sections and of Pokemon that Need Them

Even though there are no where near as many as there used to be, there are still a few dozen Pokemon that need Unreleased sections in their analyses. At Oglemi's suggestion, I've compiled a list of what Pokemon have Unreleased sections on site (and which do but shouldn't) as well as which Pokemon should (and which don't but should). I'm not quite familiar with how Unreleased sections work with the VGC 2012 analyses, but I'm also including a list of what VGC analyses have Unreleased sections despite the ability currently being released.

• -

Pokemon with Unreleased Abilities:
  • Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Chikorita
  • Bayleef
  • Meganium
  • Cyndaquil
  • Quilava
  • Typhlosion
  • Totodile
  • Croconaw
  • Feraligatr
  • Raikou
  • Entei
  • Suicune
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Heatran
  • Snivy
  • Servine
  • Serperior
  • Tepig
  • Pignite
  • Emboar
  • Oshawott
  • Dewott
  • Samurott
  • Gothita
  • Klink
  • Litwick
  • Lampent
  • Chandelure
  • Rufflet
  • Larvesta
  • Volcarona
Pokemon with Abilities not Usable in Little Cup barring a Future Release:
  • Bulbasaur*
  • Charmander*
  • Squirtle*
  • Treecko*
  • Torchic*
  • Mudkip*
  • Turtwig*
  • Chimchar*
  • Piplup*
  • Pansage*
  • Pansear*
  • Panpour*
  • Magnemite**
  • Voltorb**
  • Klink**
  • Golett**
  • Tyrogue***
  • Rufflet***
*only released as male at above level 5, meaning the ability cannot be bred onto a level 5 Pokemon
**genderless and only released at above level 5, meaning the ability cannot be bred onto a level 5 Pokemon (Klink is also just not released in general)
***male only and only released at above level 5, meaning the ability cannot be bred onto a level 5 Pokemon (Rufflet is also just not released in general)

• -

Last edited:

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Level 5 Porygon, Beldum, Bronzor, and Staryu are obtainable now by have 0 badges in-game and sending one via the Dream Radar, so that should be removed from the LC list.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
VGC analyses are frozen in time for that year of competition. So if the ability was available for play for VGC that year, then the Pokemon shouldn't have an unreleased section.

However, if the ability was NOT available for play for VGC that year, then it should have an unreleased section, regardless if it is available now.

Thanks for compiling this melvni, this is great and exactly what I imagined. :3

Level 5 Porygon, Beldum, Bronzor, and Staryu are obtainable now by have 0 badges in-game and sending one via the Dream Radar, so that should be removed from the LC list.
Should it be possible to note on that section that even though they can use their DW abilities, they can't use their Level up moves along them due to the pomeg glitch being unavailable?

I'm thinking of Hydro Pump/Rapid Spin + Analytic on Staryu and Tri Attack/Agility/Recover/Discharge + Analytic on Porygon; all of them are very common on standard sets.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If the abilities are even worth mentioning, from that list only analytic porygon might even deserves some mention (LC experienced users feel free to disagree) that can be done in the Other Options section making a note that the pokemon loses access to the moves it would've gotten via the Pomeg glitch. If the ability is listed as an option in one of the sets then what I mentioned previously can go in Additional Comments.

If the abilities are even worth mentioning, from that list only analytic porygon might even deserves some mention (LC experienced users feel free to disagree) that can be done in the Other Options section making a note that the pokemon loses access to the moves it would've gotten via the Pomeg glitch. If the ability is listed as an option in one of the sets then what I mentioned previously can go in Additional Comments.
Pretty much. Beldum sucks, Bronzor should never use anything but Levitate, and Staryu has 19 Speed and wouldn't want to give up Natural Cure (and Hydro Pump/Recover/Rapid Spin). Porygon is possibly debatable, but it would probably be somewhat inferior to Download anyways.

VGC analyses are frozen in time for that year of competition. So if the ability was available for play for VGC that year, then the Pokemon shouldn't have an unreleased section.

However, if the ability was NOT available for play for VGC that year, then it should have an unreleased section, regardless if it is available now.

Thanks for compiling this melvni, this is great and exactly what I imagined. :3
No problem. :) Do you or anyone else know what the cutoff date was for abilities to be released for them to be legal in VGC 2012? Was it before BW2 came out and gave out most of the 5th gen DW abilities? I ask because there are several fifth gen Pokemon such as Beheeyem and Bisharp that don't have Unreleased sections that should if that's the case unless their's something I'm overlooking.

No problem. :) Do you or anyone else know what the cutoff date was for abilities to be released for them to be legal in VGC 2012? Was it before BW2 came out and gave out most of the 5th gen DW abilities? I ask because there are several fifth gen Pokemon such as Beheeyem and Bisharp that don't have Unreleased sections that should if that's the case unless their's something I'm overlooking.
VGC 2012 bans BW2 tradebacks, so all gen 5 hidden abilities count as unreleased from the point of view of VGC 2012.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)