List of Released Dream World Pokemon and Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something very interesting just happened...I ran into a trainer with a Charizard with Solar Power and a Ninetales with Drought...so I think there are no restrictions to the Pokemon that are released and all Dream World Pokemon are currently allowed in Random Wi-Fi...
I'll show you the video as well soon after I come back from work
(11pm EST- 12am EST)

Something very interesting just happened...I ran into a trainer with a Charizard with Solar Power and a Ninetales with Drought...so I think there are no restrictions to the Pokemon that are released and all Dream World Pokemon are currently allowed in Random Wi-Fi...
I'll show you the video as well soon after I come back from work
(11pm EST- 12am EST)
Where did you run into this trainer? I wouldn't be surprised if you found them in the Battle Subway, since there's been Pokemon with illegal movesets in the Battle Frontier. If it was on Wi-Fi, they probably hacked them.

I think what (s)he means is that Dream World abilities are allowed on Random WiFi now. At least that's the way I read it.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
They are - I went on last night with my Scappy Taillow just to check. I wouldn't assume that all Dream World abilities are allowed, just the ones that have been released. It is very plausible that Vulpix is hiding in the forest, but is extremely rare just because its ability is very nice.

Charizard, on the other hand, with all the Kanto starters was released when you purchased a book in Japan and redeemed a special code found inside.

What I would like to test is if the Pokemon with new moves altogether, like the Nidoran (F) with Sucker Punch would be allowed. I'm assuming yes.

The Random Wifi has excellent hack protection - if anything is slightly amiss in met/capture info even (let alone hacked moves/unreleased abilities would be even more easy to spot by the server), you will get kicked off the server as it scans your team before you battle. Thus, anything on there must have been released. I am sure Nintendo has a Database they add to when they release certain things on Dream World that is constantly updated with each new release.

The Random Wifi has excellent hack protection - if anything is slightly amiss in met/capture info even (let alone hacked moves/unreleased abilities would be even more easy to spot by the server), you will get kicked off the server as it scans your team before you battle. Thus, anything on there must have been released. I am sure Nintendo has a Database they add to when they release certain things on Dream World that is constantly updated with each new release.
Doesn't it ban you too? That could be really lame.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Doesn't it ban you too? That could be really lame.
It doesn't, or at least it didn't used to. I recall people at Project Pokemon doing tests to try to figure out what was allowed and what was not, and I don't recall any of them saying anything about getting banned.

Do we know for a fact that DW Pokemon aren't available until they are "released"? It seems to me that it is much more likely that all of them are available, some are just incredibly difficult to obtain, and the codes and poll are just ways to get them much easier.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright, some additional testing on legality via Random Wi-Fi:

Speed Boost Blaziken: Was not legal. It, to our knowledge, has not been released.
Sucker Punch Nidoran (F): WAS legal - new DW only moves ARE legal that have been released.

Thus... the earlier user who fought Drought Ninetales means its been released.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
^ Doesn't mean you get to vote for three ;)
Yeah I knew that, I just meant I was going to focus on those three, but then I realized Darkrai is also probably going to be #2 and Deoxys seems to be the biggest contender for #3, so now I'm voting only for it. I want a chance to catch a shiny one before a possible RSE remake >:|

Speed Boost Blaziken: Was not legal. It, to our knowledge, has not been released.
Sucker Punch Nidoran (F): WAS legal - new DW only moves ARE legal that have been released.

Couldn't it just mean someone did a really fucking good hack? PBR wasn't exactly known for its awesome hack checks for Random Wi-Fi battles, and I recall reading people facing shit like No Guard Kingler spamming Guillotine in Random B/W.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Exactly how did you hack the Speed Boost Blaziken? There's a right way and a wrong way.

The wrong way is just changing the ability. The right way is changing the ability AND setting the Dream World flag on a bred Blaziken. And the better way is setting the Dream World flag on a Combusken and evolving it.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
Exactly how did you hack the Speed Boost Blaziken? There's a right way and a wrong way.

The wrong way is just changing the ability. The right way is changing the ability AND setting the Dream World flag on a bred Blaziken. And the better way is setting the Dream World flag on a Combusken and evolving it.
Mike give me some credit here. ;) I edited the Taillow I had legitimately. This worked fine with the Sucker Punch Nidoran F test I did, in addition to some other random ones like Shinx. The Blaziken did some back illegal, though. However, there is no point to breed it - you encounter your... wait hrm.

I might have to do that test again, since I "caught" it in High Link Forest like the Taillow and Nidoran, but if the Torchic comes a special way like Wi-Fi or something rather than the same distribution method, perhaps that is changing it.

There is also the fact that perhaps the above post was mistaken when he said he battled Drought Ninetales.

EDIT: @Mario With Lasers: I highly doubt its the hacking that is stopping people, but more what the database is allowing. I have plenty of legal hacks that have passed the check, and judging by what the Taillow I have looks like it is very straightforward to hack Dream World Pokemon. And yet I don't see any at all on Random Wi-Fi. A bad hack (capture info, etc. counts too, and its way more strict than DP/ADV) in your party will stop you from playing a Random Wi-Fi match, both ranked and unranked. A bad hack anywhere on your game stops you from doing Game Sync with Dream World.

Mike give me some credit here. ;) I edited the Taillow I had legitimately. This worked fine with the Sucker Punch Nidoran F test I did, in addition to some other random ones like Shinx. The Blaziken did some back illegal, though. However, there is no point to breed it - you encounter your... wait hrm.

I might have to do that test again, since I "caught" it in High Link Forest like the Taillow and Nidoran, but if the Torchic comes a special way like Wi-Fi or something rather than the same distribution method, perhaps that is changing it.

There is also the fact that perhaps the above post was mistaken when he said he battled Drought Ninetales.

EDIT: @Mario With Lasers: I highly doubt its the hacking that is stopping people, but more what the database is allowing. I have plenty of legal hacks that have passed the check, and judging by what the Taillow I have looks like it is very straightforward to hack Dream World Pokemon. And yet I don't see any at all on Random Wi-Fi. A bad hack (capture info, etc. counts too, and its way more strict than DP/ADV) in your party will stop you from playing a Random Wi-Fi match, both ranked and unranked. A bad hack anywhere on your game stops you from doing Game Sync with Dream World.
Seems like we need to do more testing to verify if this is all true. If so, we should be able to use it to test the status of any Dream World Pokemon rather than waiting and hoping someone gets one.

How do they calculate a day, because It's definitely been a day since i caught my Surskit and logged off but it won't let me re-upload a pokemon, has anyone else been able to get back on after their second try?

I wonder if almost all of them are technically obtainable at this point, and some Pokemon are far rarer than others, like with any lot of wild Pokémon. If so, presumably all of those Dream World Pokémon are legal. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say all but legendaries and non-Kanto starters are obtainable. But that's merely a guess. Perhaps someone should try a few of the less likely instances, like Gen V Pokémon (say Herbivore Zeburakia), non-Kanto Starters (like Damp Swampert) or legendaries (say Ice Body Regice.) Just a tip. Those should give a somewhat fair indication of what "exists" and what doesn't.

I'm testing Damp Swampert made with poksav right now.

EDIT: No dice I took my legitimate (DW)Surskit and changed it to a Mudkip it didn't work, and I also took a regular pokemon and gave it Dream World attributes and it didn't work.

The Kanto Starters were released through the Pokepia magazine that came out last month. And we're the Sinnoh Starters supposed to be released through some TCG promotion?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
Sinnoh starters are to be released October 29th if you buy a starter TCG deck from the upcoming release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)