ORAS OU Literal Ladder Cancer

So mence is awful at the moment. Thats something we can all agree on. So I compiled the things i hate most in this game into one team. Then I laddered with it. I peaked at 36 on ladder. hovered there for a day before tilting.

The Team

Aids (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Light Screen
- Explosion
A basic Suicide lead. This pokemon's job is to stop opposing hazards, set up it's own hazards, then explode, hopefully killing everything on the field. I picked azelf because it is the fastest hazard setter and can ensure it gets at least Stealth rocks up while preventing enemy hazards from threatening any other set up from scoli or mence. Then it blows up. Pretty Simple job description, amiright?

Balance-Mega (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Frustration / Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Substitute / Earthquake
Your classic Sweeper, utilizing the hazards/screens layed down by Azelf, this thing sets up freely, then obliterates everything. It's bulky set coupled with light screen enables you to set on the toughest special attackers, even greninja (to an extent) and then OHKO them with facade while intimidate neuters physical attackers. Whimsicott can be used with memento or encore to make set up easier. If your opponent tries to be clever and burns you or uses twave, punish them for it. With stab aerilate boosted flying 2x power facade. Earthquake is there as coverage. Moxie is almost worthy it just to take on Bisharp better. The 12 speed means you outspeed max timid heatran. Honestly I don't know which set is better. EQ helps for killing magnezone however, who is extremely annoying, as well as killing heatran before it can roar you out. Same with Empoleon.

Baton Passhole (Scolipede) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute / Mega Horn
This is Scolipede, who's job is to set up iron defenses and hopefully at least a substitute, then pass it off the Espeon, featured below. I preferred the mental herb over focus sash as you should be able to set up on something after whimsi has memento'd it. And Iron defense is really the most important thing here, as Espeon lacks cosmic power and has no way of boosting it's defense. It relies on whimsi much more than mence does for set up, as memento and/or encore generate invaluable turns.

STD (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
- Memento
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Tailwind
Whimsicott's Job is to harass the enemy team and provide easier set up for either Mence or Scoli, by using memento to disable enemy pokemon giving out free turns. Which is just great. Again, it works more often in tandem with scoli than mence. If you want you can also utilize it's sub leech seed to slowly kill an opponent if needed. Or provide leech seed support to other pokemon. DO NOT MEMENTO INTO BISHARP. stall it out with sub leech seed on the switch. Tailwind to help set up.

Cancer (Espeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun
Espeon can infact see your death incoming, and is here to fully abuse passes from smeargle, especially cotton guard, setting up unmolested by toxic or phazers, and then brutally nukes the opponent with Stored Power. Dazzling Gleam is there too, for dark types who are immune to Stored Power. Espeon is predicts your death because it often is.

Ebola (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Low Kick/Extrasensory
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
Greninja here to clean up whatever smoking mess is left of the enemy team or as a wincon to bop something to let somebody else set up and win. Its an incredibly effective cleaner and after Salamence and Espeon have torn through teams it's checks will be gone and you can seal the victory. The spread here can be changed on whatever you think is most effective. I don't often find myself using anything other than ice beam and dark pulse, as most fairies have thrown themselves at mence by now, but gunk shot is still important to have. Low kick is good for popping bisharp, who can cause some trouble.

This team is the absolute most horrible, most cancerous team you can possibly find on the ladder right now. It tears through most teams, with no second chance for them at all. Its incredibly effective as i my opponents found out. Even against great opponents like Mob Barley and jpw234 who were completely prepared with taunt users, acid spray tentacruel, and porygon 2, my team still had the edge and won. It's pretty terrifying tbh. I also nailed Reverb twice. Sorry guys.

Heres the Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/7py28XkX

I laddered to 178 or so on ladder with this team in about a day. Its only been a day of use, and I'll continue to ladder higher and higher with this team. Until mence is banned. I'l probably just use zard x then if I want to keep the team alive.
Update: I'm now at number 36. I'm having a problem with screenshots atm.

It would appear the picture for the ladder is down atm. its def 178.
Needless to say I'm gonna keep laddering, I'll post updates as i go.
I would include replays but, you know. they're down, and I'm thankful we have such a great support staff who's willing to dedicate their free time towards fixing, and furthermore running both this site and showdown.
Here's what some fans had to say about the team!
http://pastebin.com/td53rmPb
This was raiderrocker18 's response after losing to this team. (I mean that literally, he pm'd me the Gif)

Sorry guys.

Quick Team edit:
I'm now using iron defense speed pass scolipede, as it is more reliable in getting the defense/speed boosts off, more reliant on whimsi in some ways, less in others.

MENCE HAS BEEN BANNED THANK GOD.
I'm declaring this Aids team officially dead. Although if you really want you can run zard x. rofl.

Last edited:
Hey dude nice team.

My only suggestion is that you add U-turn on Whimsicott because Encore usually = opponent switching.

On a more serious note though,

……..…../´¯/)……….. (\¯`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../´¯/…./´¯\………../¯ `\….\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….).)
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(………. ..)……………./

Hey dude nice team.

My only suggestion is that you add U-turn on Whimsicott because Encore usually = opponent switching.

On a more serious note though,

……..…../´¯/)……….. (\¯`\
…………/….//……….. …\\….\
………../….//………… ….\\….\
…../´¯/…./´¯\………../¯ `\….\¯`\
.././…/…./…./.|_……_| .\….\….\…\.\..
(.(….(….(…./.)..)..(..(. \….)….)….).)
.\…………….\/…/….\. ..\/……………./
..\…………….. /……..\……………..…/
….\…………..(………. ..)……………./
Ah but the i lose the sub leech seed. Which is half the aids/fun of using Whimsi! Also i can just memento on the force switch or continue to spam subseed until there's a golden set up opportunity for memento.

Scotti

we back.
I hate you fren. Your going to get banned from the overused room. However, in all seriousness I believe you should run sub over quake. Why? Because you kinda get fucked by bisharp somewhat. Sub will give you a better fighting chance, and you might be able to outplay the opposing bisharp, Thats all I can really suggest for this cancerous team. Oh and you might want to go frustration, if you think about running sub.

Balance-Mega (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Substitute

Your gettin yo ass banned :/

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
This team is very weak to Mence ironically. So now I brainstormed of all Mence checks/counters and now I present you with:
Sash Will-O-Wisp Chandelure can get off 100% burn 85% of the time assuming your face one of the 10% of Mence teams that don't run suicide leads.
Choice Scarf Noivern is special because 90% of the time it reliably revenges SubDD Mence even at +1 behind a sub if it can safely switch in.
Bastiodon is a stronk counter to mono attacker Mence it can even roar it out PU mons can be good in OU too look at altaria guyz.
Scarf Greninja also revenges Mence at +1 but only those not behind a Sub, so it is outclassed by Noivern although it is a very viable choice for your 2nd mandatory Mence check*.
mega Bannette has the strong niche of Prankster DBond to bring down Mence with it. A good use of your mega slot(no wait i can use Mence).
Sash Alakazam has Psych Up to copy Mence's speed boosts and then can hit back with 4x super effective Ice Punch. This can be a very good stop to those noobs that think they can get greedy and try to set up to +6 to rub it in. After it revenge kills Mence(watch the speed tie tho), it can be a very stronk wincon. Plus fuk hazards they can't break my sash
Sash Manaphy can also Heart Swap and steal all the boosts, then revenge kill with Ice Beam. Although Mence can just switch out as well.
Whimsicott also gets a special mention as it can either run Prankster which allows it to encore Mence or it can run Infiltrator to get off a Stun Spore, although this requires a sash. Who says Mence was the only one who could play mindgames with its sets?
Aggron is your counter to Mence running EQ. This is because Aggron easily tanks EQ with 1 HP left, and then uses Metal Burst to nuke Mence*
Accelgor can also check Mence that have taken a bit of damage with a Scarf Final Gambit extremely reliably as long as it did not take too much damage and did not switch in on Frustration.*
Breloom can also run its typical Sash set except with surprise lure aka Counter when Mence player thinks u stupid then Counter their STAB x 1.3 x 145 attack that has 101 BP + no side effect +1 and possibly more right back at them and then watch it die*.

*requires Mence to not be behind a sub

Wow why your team so weak come on fix these problems first come on Mence needs team support.
Don't even think about using P2 or HP Ice Rotom-W to check Mence they worn down too easily by hazards but if you use the sashers I listed above they will have partners like Avalugg that can spin away those sneaky pebbles.

Last edited:
This team is very weak to Mence ironically. So now I brainstormed of all Mence checks/counters and now I present you with:
Sash Will-O-Wisp Chandelure can get off 100% burn 85% of the time assuming your face one of the 10% of Mence teams that don't run suicide leads.
Choice Scarf Noivern is special because 90% of the time it reliably revenges SubDD Mence even at +1 behind a sub if it can safely switch in.
Bastiodon is a stronk counter to mono attacker Mence it can even roar it out PU mons can be good in OU too look at altaria guyz.
Scarf Greninja also revenges Mence at +1 but only those not behind a Sub, so it is outclassed by Noivern although it is a very viable choice for your 2nd mandatory Mence check*.
mega Bannette has the strong niche of Prankster DBond to bring down Mence with it. A good use of your mega slot(no wait i can use Mence).
Sash Alakazam has Psych Up to copy Mence's speed boosts and then can hit back with 4x super effective Ice Punch. This can be a very good stop to those noobs that think they can get greedy and try to set up to +6 to rub it in. After it revenge kills Mence(watch the speed tie tho), it can be a very stronk wincon. Plus fuk hazards they can't break my sash
Sash Manaphy can also Heart Swap and steal all the boosts, then revenge kill with Ice Beam. Although Mence can just switch out as well.
Whimsicott also gets a special mention as it can either run Prankster which allows it to encore Mence or it can run Infiltrator to get off a Stun Spore, although this requires a sash. Who says Mence was the only one who could play mindgames with its sets?
Aggron is your counter to Mence running EQ. This is because Aggron easily tanks EQ with 1 HP left, and then uses Metal Burst to nuke Mence*
Accelgor can also check Mence that have taken a bit of damage with a Scarf Final Gambit extremely reliably as long as it did not take too much damage and did not switch in on Frustration.*
Breloom can also run its typical Sash set except with surprise lure aka Counter when Mence player thinks u stupid then Counter their STAB x 1.3 x 145 attack that has 101 BP + no side effect +1 and possibly more right back at them and then watch it die*.

*requires Mence to not be behind a sub

Wow why your team so weak come on fix these problems first come on Mence needs team support.
Don't even think about using P2 or HP Ice Rotom-W to check Mence they worn down too easily by hazards but if you use the sashers I listed above they will have partners like Avalugg that can spin away those sneaky pebbles.
First of all, even on a gimic team like this, i will not use avalugg. its terrible. Whimsi has more utility. And mence isn't that big of a problem, because if they try to set up on azelf, BOOM. I'm not entirely sure if you are joking about most of these nominations... often they won't bring mence in super early right after azelf blows up/is killed and i can set up with either two of my win conditions, mence and espeon. And at worst i can stall it out with whimsi or check it with greninja. It's not a massive problem. I'm checking broken with broken.

Last edited:
pls rot in hell kthx. You lose to mega bee if they're intelligent imo, which is why i think geomancy >.quiver dance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)