Litra's Sketches & Shenanigans - Not Taking Requests atm

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Trickster: Thank you. I am glad my art is good on the eyes.

monomite: This art thread is practically my lab. *dons mad scientist garb*

esper.png

Doodle painting for awhile given what happened last Friday and the aftermath that was this week. Likely going to do more of these till I feel content.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Thank you, Helen! The person I made it for was going through a hard time, hence a focus on the light colors to emphasize Xerneas and it's role as the Life Pokemon.

Here is a WIP I am doing now. Kind of stuck here since I am trying to add a metallic touch to the black parts (tried blues on a luminosity layer toned down).

EDIT: Done.

mawla.png

Last edited:

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
lumi.png

Was slightly compelled to speedpaint a Lumineon as a break from cleaning up house since it will be up on market starting tomorrow. As for why I painted, Lumineon is one of the most designed Pokemon despite being forgotten on account of being lousy. The soothing cry is also one of those other positive traits to it but pondering why that is overlooked too.

Looking through your thread, I'm seeing a lot of experimenting with textures and a lot of switching through different styles, especially with your last two pieces being quite different than your previous stuff. Out of everything you showcased here I'd say that the forest curse Jellicent and Hoopa made the most impression on me. The texture you chose for Jellicent is spot on and you did a fantastic job with putting emphasis on Hoopa's intimidating character.

The only thing I would possibly give you advice on is to not overdo it with the various textures in one individual artwork, as it can sometimes offer more damage than good. You seem to do well in avoiding that from happening, though! The only place where I noticed a problem is with the Gengar piece where there is way too much going on in the background and with the textures, and the picture loses the main focus from Gengar as he blends in with the background, making the viewer's attention scattered towards multiple little details instead of having one object/creature in the first plan. That's only a minor oversight though, and I'm getting too nitpicky at this point. :v

Anyhow, I'm loving your latest two pieces as well, especially the Mawile! It has stronger line art than most of your work, and I think you should stick with that. Keep up the experimenting until you find the style you're most comfortable with, I'll be checking in here for more of your art!

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
God damn dude, this is absolutely amazing! The thing that I like most about your drawings is that you put a ton of detail into them, and the end product is great! I really like your Torchic, Lopunny, Jellicent, Gallade, and Hoopa-U drawings, which show a lot of detail. I'm really proud of you dude! :>

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
esca.png

Escavalier in an assault vest. The background is the only layer I applied a texture.

Tikitik: Thanks a bunch! The information provided by your critique allowed me to improve with the above piece (namely having focus stay on one thing and the textures). Grateful for that feedback.

rubsomebacononit: Wow, appreciative of your words! Love that my detail has you hooked and hope to improve. Btw, love the name.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus

Doodles this a few days ago to get mind off something. Been making banners in The Workshop too, and was even made an Approved Artist around last week.

Kinda feeling like crap so won't be any digital art for a few days.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus

Today I am venturing to working with larger size canvases and did a practice sketch of Gardevoir-M to adjust the sizes of my tools. Contemplating on doing a full portrait since I think it would help get more comfortable with the enhanced size.

Also was experimenting yesterday with a "storyart style" of painting, using my sketch tool with the brushes normally used for emulating watercolors. May readjust The coloring style for later

This was supposed to be transparent but Tumblr turned it from a png to jpg. Additionally, the usual upload sites I use are not cooperating with me. Will hope to have a proper pic up tomorrow where it can show the look I intended.

EDIT: Or not. Apparently, some I have shown this to are not convinced it is digital. Anyways, the orb there is a life orb and I always assumed the powerboost involves running dangerous electrical energy through the user's body but harms their organs and such.
Hello Litra! I really like how personal you made this serp look! Your art is amazing! Could you possibly make a rotom heat?

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus

Another daily-ish speedpaint/experiment. Friend requested an Espeon dressing as another mon but forgot she despises the Honchkrow line. Oops.

Litra

is an Artist Alumnus
Undersketch.png

Realized a friend's birthday is next month but my hair trigger prompted me to post in advance. Doing non Pokemon art is very refreshing.

Tagging Alg so she can enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)