Little Combos

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
Just like the OU and UU thread, post good combos you've used to success on your teams. Just to clarify, they can be more than 2 Pokemon. Here's the combo definitions if you're confused (in which case you probably shouldn't post in this thread):

Defensive Combos:

2 Pokemon that use type resistances or general defensive stats (or both) to help switch into each other's threatening pokemon's attacks. Examples for type would be Scizor and Latios, as both resist all of the other's weaknesses. Note I specifically used two offensively inclined pokemon to demonstrate this has to do with switching into attacks; offensive pokemon can be partners in defensive combinations. Examples for general defensive stats would be Skarmory and Jellicent; while they don't cover each other's type weaknesses (they actually share the Electric- type weakness), 1 covers the physical spectrum very well while the other covers the special spectrum excellently.

Offensive Combos:

2 Pokemon whose attacks cover what the other cannot defeat. An example would be Choice Band Terrakion and Dragon Dance Scrafty; Terrakion lures in and weakens Physically Defensive threats with boosted Stone Edge / Close Combat so Scrafty can plow through said threats with ease, otherwise these threats would be able to take on Scrafty and prevent it from sweeping their team.

Both Offensive & Defensive Combos:

2 Pokemon that both cover each other's defenses well and beat what the other has difficulty with. An example would be Nasty Plot Thunderus and Swords Dance Excadrill; Nasty Plot Thunderus is a target for Choice Scarf Garchomp who can revenge it with Stone Edge, whereas Excadrill can use this as an opportunity to set-up. Likewise, Gliscor likes to switch in on Excadrill and deliver a swift KO with Earthquake, Thunderus can use its Ground- immunity to switch in and begin to wreck havoc. The two cover type-weaknesses well (defensive synergy) as well as hit hard from both sides of the spectrum (offensive synergy).

Strategic Combos:

2 Pokemon (or concepts) who work together, not necessarily through typing or offensively benefits, to accomplish some goal. Examples would be Toxic Spikes + Special Attacker, like Tentacruel and Volcarona. These 2 don't necessarily have optimal defensive typings for each other or possess attacks that cover each other well, but the Toxic Spikes that Tentacruel provides helps Volcarona against Pokemon like Blissey, Chansey, and Jellicent.

I'll start off with one I've discovered to easily dominate and control my opponent.

DIGNAUT

Wynaut (F) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 52 Def / 212 SpD / 92 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Tickle
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

+

Diglett (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Pursuit / Hone Claws
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Slide

*note that the EVs on Wynaut are probably not that optimal since I haven't really done many calcs for them yet, if someone could help me with them I would greatly appreciate it

How to use it:

I usually have a third set up Pokemon, like Tirtouga recently, that can benefit from me removing defensive Pokemon that would otherwise stop its sweep. The way this combo works is I usually utilize a U-Turn user to lure in a defensive pokemon then U-Turn on them to Wynaut. If it is a Pokemon like Ferroseed, Lileep, Slowpoke, and etc., I would encore their move, if they had made a move, or just Tickle then encore whatever move they use next. Although Toxic seems like it could get the better of me, it's the main reason I use Oran Berry, to make it so I survive more turns of Toxic damage than Eviolite. After I calculate how many Tickles I need for Diglett to either OHKO with Earthquake or with a Hone Claws +1 Earthquake, I switch in said Diglett and destroy them.

For Ferroseed I need 3 Tickles for a OHKO on average, 4 Tickles for a guaranteed OHKO, or 2 Tickles + 1 Hone Claws for a OHKO with Earthquake.

For Special Defense (Sandless usually) Lileep I need 4 Tickles for a guaranteed OHKO (3 doesn't give a chance for a OHKO unless it's 25 HP, but some max it out so just to be safe..) and 3 Tickles + 1 Hone Claws for a guaranteed OHKO with Earthquake on max HP versions.

For Defensive (Sand usually) Lileep I need 5 Tickles for a guaranteed OHKO and 3 Tickles + 1 Hone Claws for a guaranteed OHKO with Earthquake on max HP versions.

For Slowpoke I need 4 Tickles for a guaranteed OHKO and 3 Tickles + 1 Hone Claws for a guaranteed OHKO with Earthquake.

Because I outspeed the above Pokemon (10 Speed since Lileep usually has 9 speed), Encore would only last for 3 turns, meaning I can only Tickle them twice before I would have to Encore them again, but it is extremely worth it if I get to get rid of these usually undying walls, especially Slowpoke with its cunty Regenerator.

While this is mainly used to trap and kill walls, it can also trap other annoying threats that you might be itching to get rid of, depending on your team, such as Staryu, Chinchou, and etc. If you desperately want to get rid of those usage rising Rapid Spin Staryu's for your Hazards team, then you can easily have Wynaut come in on Staryu, tanking a hit (timid max attack Evioltie does 10-13 with Hydro Pump) and proceed Mirror Coat it to death, or Encore its Rapid Spin / Recover, Tickle or just go to Diglett to Hone Claws twice (Encore lasts four turns if your Encore is slower than the opponent's attack).

Chinchou can also be taken out in a similar manner, however, you must be a lot more careful when trying to trap and kill Chinchou as depending on the set and what you do against it, it can take out Diglett or Volt Switch out on Wynaut. Although you usually don't know what set you opponent is running on their Chinchou during your battle, should you find it midbattle or want to guess, here's what I like to do against each set.

Eviolite: I usually go to Wynaut first, as they are all too eager to Hydro Pump Diglett in the face. Once I switch to Wynaut and tank a Hydro Pump I switch to Diglett to take the incoming Volt Switch then OHKO with Earthquake. If it carries Substitute over Volt Switch I would have Wynaut Encore it then take care of it with a something that can tank one of its hits, but still break its subs, as Diglett would just get Hydro Pumped in the face after it uses its last substitute, unless it was damaged prior to the Encore. If I had switched Diglett into a Substitute version on accident, I would be forced to either switch back to Wynaut and Mirror Coat to break the Substitute then Encore the next Substitute (or Mirror Coat another attack to kill it if predicted) and go through the process in the last sentence, or Destiny Bond it to force it to go down with Wynaut if low on health, or just go something that would take it on behind a Substitute.

Choice Scarf: Predict an attack that's not Volt Switch or Toxic (they don't run Toxic :o), go to Wynaut. Predict an attack that is named Volt Switch or Thunderbolt, go to Diglett. It's usually Hydro Pump, since those Chinchou users think they're so smart and want to kill my Diglett.

ResTalk / Defensive: Wynaut rapes its face.

The reason why I run Destiny Bond over Counter is because it's a safer option. For example, should I switch into a Scraggy at full health, and I don't have a check or counter I could switch to, its useful to insure I kill Scraggy as I would Destiny Bond the first turn and whether it uses Crunch or Dragon Dance I beat it as I survive a +0 Crunch at full HP while I could just Encore next turn if it decides to Dragon Dance, or just take it down if it went for a second Crunch or a +1 Crunch. It also helps to take on Substitute Chinchou, with the process described in the Eviolite section, should I be on low health. Lacking counter usually isn't that much of a problem, except on things like Timburr, whom if I fail to win the Speed ties on and it Bulk Ups on me, it could escape the Dignaut's trap, but if I do win the speed tie I could just spam Destiny Bond or Tickle and pass to Diglett. Tickle lowers attack anyway so yeah.

The reason why you would run Pursuit over Hone Claws on Diglett, if you do not have a Pokemon with Pursuit already on your team, is so you can catch stuff like Bronzor, Duskull, other Flying-type or Levitating Pokemon, trying to escape Dignaut's clutches after being tickles like hell. It also helps immensely with Diglett vs. Gastly mindgames, as you choose between Sucker Punch, Rock Slide, and Pursuit.

Use this to help your Clamperl / Tirtouga / Omanyte / Barboach set up and kill shit.

No love for this thread.... :(

Anyways, I like using a core of Ferroseed / Houndour / Clamperl - It's a simple FWG core but it works. Ferroseed makes a decent tank, setting up hazards for the other two. Houndour is a great wallbreaker / sweeper for obvious reasons, especially if it gets up a sub.

Clamperl used Shell Smash! (IIRC the only thing that outspeeds it with max speed / Timid is, uh, scarf Ponyta lol)

Also, Scraggy + Mienfoo is an interesting combo - Mienfoo takes care of Darks and any Scraggy that don't carry HJK (Which is a lot more than before unfortunately), while Scraggy can easily take care of Slowpoke, Gastly, and other fiends that dare get in the way of Mienfoo. You can use Shelmet along with it if you really fear HJK Scraggy.

Yeah that's my two cents, hope this thread gets more love lol

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
Good core, I remember using that on some of my early BW LC teams.

Clamperl reaches 26 speed after a Shell Smash, so anything with 18 Speed or higher with a scarf will outspeed it, so things like Scarf Taillow / Doduo, Drilbur in the sand, or 14 Speed Chlorophyll / Swift Swim Pokemon would work.

I've used the Scraggy + Mienfoo combo before to success. I used a slightly more defensive version for Mienfoo in order to take on the now pretty much standard HJK Scraggy:

Mienfoo (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 156 Atk / 196 Def / 156 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hi Jump Kick

+1 Scraggy HJK vs. Mienfoo
25 Atk vs 21 Def & 21 HP (130 Base Power): 16 - 21 (76.19% - 100.00%) - Avg of 18

Mienfoo HJK vs. Scraggy
16 Atk vs 21 Def & 21 HP (130 Base Power): 20 - 26 (95.24% - 123.81%) - Avg of 24

It isn't exactly the most reliable set ever, but I have a back up Choice Scarf Taillow to revenge Scraggy should things go horribly wrong, such as a Scraggy HJK high damage roll or Mienfoo's HJK misses / low damage roll.

Dignaut is a bit ridiculous. Fuck you al =(. Anyways I like the double fighting duo, mienfoo and scraggy. Bulky mienfoo softens things up with u-turns, knock ofs, hjk, etc, and paves the way for a scraggy sweep.

Edit: I didn't even read your post, al, hahaha. We have the exact same mienfoo! And a scarfed bird =). Well I'll attest to its effectiveness instead.

Using Scarf Ponya now. Eat dat Wild Bolt, Clamperl. Dignaut (or Wylett, as I always will remember it) is a total dick. The only thing with Wynaut is its moveslots. Counter is always helpful, even if big dumb dumbheads like Mienfoo always U-turn out of it, but Tickle certainly has it uses as well. At the same time you cannot forget the utility of spectacular moves like Splash, which only compounds the confusion when dealing with the selection of moves. Hopefully people don't catch on to the dangers of Wynaut, and keep letting themselves get raped by Shadow Tag for years to come.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know it's old, but Slowpoke and Mienfoo is still a superb defensive combo. With both of them having Regenerate and Mienfoo having U-turn, it's basically a free health party. It's like playing Halo on easy mode. Their only real weakness is status, and with a Guts user or an Aromatherapy user on your team, that can be dealt with as well.

I know it's old, but Slowpoke and Mienfoo is still a superb defensive combo. With both of them having Regenerate and Mienfoo having U-turn, it's basically a free health party. It's like playing Halo on easy mode. Their only real weakness is status, and with a Guts user or an Aromatherapy user on your team, that can be dealt with as well.
Slowpoke Mienfoo is an oldie b ut goodie, truly ojne of the biggest dicks defensively in the meta. I like to use Timburr alongside Mienfoo for a stronger Scraggy check, as lord knows, Slowpoke is completely rocked by Scraggy. Timburr in general is better now with the lack of Gligar and the somewhat rise of Scraggy

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not exactly seen or common but lickitung and slowpoke make a wonderful defense core. Lickitung walls a lot of special attacks and slowpoke takes fighting type attacks aimed at lickitung and most physical attacks well. Lickitung can even opt heal bell to make the two immune to status. Scraggy kinda crushes this core though but its easily patched up by running a mienfoo or croagunk, the ladder capable of abusing u-turn with slowpoke. If toxic spikes are up they don't even have to run toxic to stall, and instead us the slot to roflstomp ferroseed with fire blast.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
yeah lickitung + slowpoke is a great core

heal bell is a great idea, <3 gf for making it an hgss tutor

FUCK DigNaut. Most annoying shit ever made on the history of LC. Btw, a cool combo is pursuit munchlax/stunky and a HJK spammer like mienfoo. HJK is extremely overpowered nowadays since 3 of the 4 main fighting resistors got banned.

Scraggy and Drifloon are such an amazing combo. Drifloon causes Mienfoo to lose 50% of its health if its stupid enough to go for HJK when my Drifloon is alive and basically all fighting types and slowpokes serve as set up fodder for it. It resists u-turn and pounds the switch in with acrobatics or sets up a sub. It has to watch out for Timburr and Machop with Payback though. Scraggy eliminates Gastly for driflon as well as steels and rocks and preys on the pokemon that drifloon has crippled.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some obvious combos

hippo + drillbur

hippo sets up sand for drillbur to sweep. Hippo can take physically prioirty moves that are aimed at drillbur too.

mienfoo + stunky

skunky clears out all the ghosts on the opponent's team and then mienfoo can spam fighting moves.

Dratini (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Atk / 156 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
-Outrage
-Extremespeed
-Dragon Dance
-Rest

Magnemite (U) @ Oran Berry
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire
-Flash Cannon

Deino (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
-Outrage
-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Earth Power

Do you see a steel on their team? Bring out Deino on something that dies to Outrage. Trap with Magnemite. Kill steel. Switch to Dratini. Destroy team. Mop up with Deino.

Kinda Scraggy weak if they set up on Magnemite / Deinohax, though.

Still, pretty awesome stuff. Getting kills with +6 Dratini Outrage is so fulfilling.

Earth Power is for predicted Magnemite switches, who aren't OHKOed by Fire Fang and might outspeed your Magnemite through speed ties or choice. Earth Power also handily has 100% accuracy with Hustle.

This thread deserves a revive in my opinion.

Here's a defensive core that does a really good job defensively as well as dishing out good damage.

Gligar @eviolite
Hyper Cutter
Impish (+def -sp. atk)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 def
Earthquake
Rock slide
Roost
U-turn

Gligar can take pretty much every physical hit in the tier bar ice punch or a +2 aqua tail from the turtle. Earthquake does good damage to virtually all sweepers, rock slide has good coverage with EQ and has better PP and accuracy than stone edge, stone edge is rarely needed anyway as rock slide can badly hurt all flying sweepers anyway bar offensive Gligar. U-turn keeps up momentum and roost is for healing. Impish makes him as physically bulky as possible and hyper cutter lets him beat feather dance murkrow.

Munchlax @eviolite
EVs: 236 HP, 236 sp. def, 36 atk
Thick Fat
Careful (+sp. def -sp. atk)
Focus Punch
Body slam
Rest
Ice Punch

Muchie has fantastic synergy with gligar, resisting his big ice weakness and easily sponging all special water attacks bar ridiculous stuff like D-tooth +2 Clamperl Hydro Pump. Body Slam is a solid STAB with a very useful paralyze chance for switching in sweepers. Ice punch is the only thing it has to hit ghosts (it's just a tad weaker than a super-effective pursuit, why didn't he get crunch like his daddy? :( ) but more importantly, it OHKOes Gligar looking for an easy switch. Rest is his only form of recovery (again, shame he didn't get slack off) but it can do well as it stops opposing stall and gets rid of pesky burns (just make sure you give him some cleric support to work best). Focus punch is very unexpected (at least all my victims were very surprised >:) ) and badly smacks everything that isn't a ghost switching in including OHKOing scarf mienfoo and DD scraggy.

This core works really well defensively and has enough offensive presence to stop it being set-up bait. The only thing that it has trouble with is scraggy with ice punch if you don't u-turn with gligar (because 9/10 scraggy will DD on munchlax though if you U-turn to him, the opponent may get suspicious and play it safe).

Bulkygunk + Slowpoke is an excellent defensive core, each walling / beating each other's checks and counters, with the exception of Drifloon. Just pack a strong Pursuiter such as Munchlax, Houndour, or Stunky and everything will be a ok.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
@ spuds:

Defensive Gligar should always be running Toxic with literally no exceptions. In fact, due to priority Roost, Toxic is even more effective in handling FeatherDance Murkrow because it doesn't run Substitute.

@CB:

Slowpoke itself is actually an extremely nifty Pokemon in this meta, with its superb physical defense and Regenerator meriting a spot on a team over something like Frillish (especially since defensive Missy can be used to spinblock now). Bulkygunk is also pretty interesting considering its coverage (unfortunately, no Ice Punch with Drain Punch) but overall is a +.

Anyways glad to see more discussion in this thread etc.

@ spuds:

Defensive Gligar should always be running Toxic with literally no exceptions. In fact, due to priority Roost, Toxic is even more effective in handling FeatherDance Murkrow because it doesn't run Substitute.
I don't run toxic myself as I have a momentum based team so getting rid of U-turn is out of the question (this is just the set I run personally) so of course if you're running it on any other team, toxic is a very viable option but rock slide deals with murkrow even better IMO as it's at worst a 2HKO and you don't have to weather it's attacks like calm-mind boosted dark pulses and such.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion

Gligar (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 156 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost

+

Scraggy (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

individually, everyone knows that these two mons are some of the most threatening sweepers in all of lc. what some people don't realize, though, is how incredibly well they function in tandem with each other. let me explain. dd scraggy has been one of the most dominant forces in lc since b/w first was released. this is because of the tremendous coverage between it's STABs, awesome bulk, and the ability to boost both it's attack and speed in one move. with that said, though, scraggy can't break through bulky fighters like timburr, mienfoo, and croagunk. this is where gligar comes in. gligar's great bulk and typing allows it to easily switch into the aforementioned scraggy checks and obliterate them as well as most other lc mons with a flight gem boosted acrobatics. from there, gligar can proceed to sweep a more offensively oriented team with it's STABs, or throw up a sd and destroy slower defensive teams. the best thing, though, is that this set has only one true counter: bronzor. even better, scraggy sets up all over bronzor's ass due to shed skin, bulk, and it's dark typing. overall, this is probably one of the most dangerous offensive combinations at the moment.

Something that works especially well is throwing Baton Pass over Roost on that Gligar as well. I ran that combo on one of my teams and it was fierce, since most of the stuff that would come in to check +2 Gligar let me safely BP to Scraggy and set up a Dragon Dance, and lol good luck stopping that without a faster scarfer.

I've been trying out a similiar core as that as well. I use a Double Dance gligar set w/ eviolite, Stone Edge and Earthquake. I find mixkrow or magnemite works really well with the core to bait / trap bronzor who has the ability to wall and toxic both Moxie scrags and Gligar. I dont think it can handle a +3 drain punch; so I like the idea of baton pass on gligar - especially since you can use Immunity instead of Hyper Cutter / Sand Veil without any loss ( In my opinion, immunity is the best ability on non-sand variants of gligar.)

I havent really had a lot of time to play lately cause of midterms/finals; though I should be back in the swing of things soon, as today starts the new semester.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pawniard @ Eviolite/Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 196 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break
- Iron Head/Night Slash

+

Misdreavus @ Eviolite/Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Will-O-Wisp

This is quite a simple offensive core that I've been using. Basically these Mons are super powerful and can quite easily rip through teams with their set up moves, Misdreavus from the special side and Pawniard from the physical side.
Pawniard is weak to fighting and ground both of which Missy is immune to and Missy is weak to dark and ghost which Pawniard 4x resists so you can pretty much switch freely between the two.

I can vouch pawniard + missy as being good. I've played against corkscrew and that core a bunch and its pretty solid. I ran something similar last meta with drifloon pawniard and timburr to moderate success. Missy is a *much* better drifloon replacement.

I can say that Life Orb is the prefered item on Pawniard. While its statistical bulk is comparable to Meinfoo, its typing is not. Steal/Dark leaves it weak to basically all of the common attacks which really compromises its bulk, but im sure you dont need me to point out the obvious. Eviolite makes his numbers look nice, but he will still be OHKO'd more often than not. With 0 HP IV's base 45 hp hits a stat of 19 - perfect for life orb. Plus; pawniard really appreciates the intial boost in damage.

The duo does have a huge issue with scraggy; so running croagunk/mienfoo with it is a good idea - really anything that can take advantage of a scraggy. Its also worth mentioning that opposing Shadow Ball / HP Fighting missy's can also walk on this core; so Croagunk might be a better choice to compliment it.

It a solid core though, and with proper team support can really wreck even prepared teams.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can vouch pawniard + missy as being good. I've played against corkscrew and that core a bunch and its pretty solid. I ran something similar last meta with drifloon pawniard and timburr to moderate success. Missy is a *much* better drifloon replacement.

I can say that Life Orb is the prefered item on Pawniard. While its statistical bulk is comparable to Meinfoo, its typing is not. Steal/Dark leaves it weak to basically all of the common attacks which really compromises its bulk, but im sure you dont need me to point out the obvious. Eviolite makes his numbers look nice, but he will still be OHKO'd more often than not. With 0 HP IV's base 45 hp hits a stat of 19 - perfect for life orb. Plus; pawniard really appreciates the intial boost in damage.

The duo does have a huge issue with scraggy; so running croagunk/mienfoo with it is a good idea - really anything that can take advantage of a scraggy. Its also worth mentioning that opposing Shadow Ball / HP Fighting missy's can also walk on this core; so Croagunk might be a better choice to compliment it.

It a solid core though, and with proper team support can really wreck even prepared teams.
One other note is that Misdreavus stands as a solid check to it as well. Notably, if your Misdreavus takes some prior damage, a healthy defensive Misdreavus can come in and either KO on the Speed Tie or take a hit and KO back. What's more, Will-O-Wisp means it sucks to try and have Pawniard deal with Misdreavus, and most defensive variants like to run Hidden Power Fighting.

Not completely sure if this still works after Misdreavus and the other guys came back but I really enjoy using Frillish + Bronzor(probably with hp Ice now, but I didn't play the "new lc" yet), they worked really well for me:
Bronzor @ Oran Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 4 Atk / 148 Def / 4 SAtk / 68 SDef / 12 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Frillish (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 76 SDef / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Surf
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)