Little Cup Mega Evolutions! [Eviolite Boost Removed ; Meditite Banned]

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
All meditite calcs done with 196 Atk / 196 Spe, Jolly.

Fletchling provides one check (there are a few), taking only 5-6 damage from bullet punch and having 11 HP after 1 switch into stealth rock (assuming defensively uninvested, w/o eviolite). However, it's worth noting that Meditite can come in to revenge fletchling [EVEN WITHOUT ROCK DAMAGE], or beats it 1v1 when led against it (Fake Out + Bullet Punch is always a guaranteed KO, and Meditite (75 base speed) outspeeds Fletchling (62 base), making it's +1 priority attacks outspeed Fletchling's of the same priority). Note that meditite loses to eviolite variants (or any with defensive investment).

The best check is undoubtedly mega ghastly who only takes 46% to bullet punch and OHKOs back with Shadow Ball. Phys Defensive Eviolite Duskull should also make an okay counter (can't be 2HKOd), and so should Yamask (who also has Mummy to halve meditites damage output. Additionally, things like Nosepass and Onix can run protect to deal with Mega-Meditite, causing it to lose half its health to HJK recoil, since Megatite can't damage Onix or Nosepass significantly otherwise.
Fletchling generally run Berry Juice as most Fake Outs bring them down to half then they are healed all the way back up again and giving acrobatics the boost in power it needs, so Fletch is a solid counter to Megatite

Fletchling generally run Berry Juice as most Fake Outs bring them down to half then they are healed all the way back up again and giving acrobatics the boost in power it needs, so Fletch is a solid counter to Megatite
First off, still not a counter; can't switch into megatite reliably thanks to thunder punch, and zen headbutt all nabbing the OHKO on the switch. I'm too lazy to do calcs right now, but I'd wager that Hi Jump Kick and ice punch also nab the KO (since fake out only misses out on the OHKO by 4-5 HP). Also, if fletchling has already switched into rocks (using berry juice), can still be revenged beaten by fake out + bullet punch.

Next, isn't berry juice was illegal under little cup rules? Do you mean Oran Berry? Or did the berry juice rule get changed? (I haven't actually played little cup since gen 5 lol)

I'm looking a little bit at hippopotas as a potential teammate for megatite. Hippo gets rocks + enough bulk to easily check fletch, alongside phazing, to attempt to bring fletch into rocks before they get defogged, and earthquake, to threaten potential megatite checks like protect onix, larvitar-(m) and nosepass.

To complete the core I'd opt for something like Stunky to take out those troublesome ghosts with it's nifty pursuit and you've got a decent functioning 3 mon team :D

First off, still not a counter; can't switch into megatite reliably thanks to thunder punch, and zen headbutt all nabbing the OHKO on the switch. I'm too lazy to do calcs right now, but I'd wager that Hi Jump Kick and ice punch also nab the KO (since fake out only misses out on the OHKO by 4-5 HP). Also, if fletchling has already switched into rocks (using berry juice), can still be revenged beaten by fake out + bullet punch.

Next, isn't berry juice was illegal under little cup rules? Do you mean Oran Berry? Or did the berry juice rule get changed? (I haven't actually played little cup since gen 5 lol)

I'm looking a little bit at hippopotas as a potential teammate for megatite. Hippo gets rocks + enough bulk to easily check fletch, alongside phazing, to attempt to bring fletch into rocks before they get defogged, and earthquake, to threaten potential megatite checks like protect onix, larvitar-(m) and nosepass.

To complete the core I'd opt for something like Stunky to take out those troublesome ghosts with it's nifty pursuit and you've got a decent functioning 3 mon team :D
Berry Juice is legal.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now that Meditite is banned from regular LC, will mega-tite be as well?

Also Fire/Flying charmander is just funny to imagine

For Mega-Torchic, Mega-Gastly and Mega Riolu, will they be to op to participate in this OM. I mean There real mega's Final evolutions are all in Ubers separated from OU. I'm not 100% sure if Mega-Torchic, Mega-Gastly and Mega Riolu will be OP in the tier, but maybe there should be maybe a suspect test once the tier is out? Since its LC the pokes are changed a lot, but adding the Mega part to these 3 pokemon could make them be potentially broken for this. I really wish they aren't OP though because I would like to use Mega-Gastly, Mega-Torchic and Mega Riolu.

For Mega-Torchic, Mega-Gastly and Mega Riolu, will they be to op to participate in this OM. I mean There real mega's Final evolutions are all in Ubers separated from OU. I'm not 100% sure if Mega-Torchic, Mega-Gastly and Mega Riolu will be OP in the tier, but maybe there should be maybe a suspect test once the tier is out? Since its LC the pokes are changed a lot, but adding the Mega part to these 3 pokemon could make them be potentially broken for this. I really wish they aren't OP though because I would like to use Mega-Gastly, Mega-Torchic and Mega Riolu.
They won't be banned because this isn't OU ;]. And because we don't know how they'll play, so.

They won't be banned because this isn't OU ;]. And because we don't know how they'll play, so.
I know this isn't OU, but even for LC I just wanted to give a heads up for maybe a little caution in regards to these Mega's. Btw I think this OM is awesome :D

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
This is just me but I think Squirtle should get Dark Pulse and Mareep should get Dragon Pulse to go along with their megas. Also in the title you might want to put Meditite as banned

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
IMO we should just keep Meditite and add Scytherite just so this can be more like Kalos and have an uber version.

IMO we should just keep Meditite and add Scytherite just so this can be more like Kalos and have an uber version.
Well, if anyone is willing to code this and we can obtain a large enough playerbase, we could have a suspect test to suspect Medititite and Scytherite.

Hey CHesnaught, your a cool ass dude, this is a cool ass meta, I have a cool ass server, and I can make some cool ass code. So lets make this work, I'll implement this on my server by tommorow, that cool with you?
Hey, OiawesomeDG (or Monte Cristo u.u), do you have any plans to do this?

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Well, if anyone is willing to code this and we can obtain a large enough playerbase, we could have a suspect test to suspect Medititite and Scytherite.

Hey, OiawesomeDG (or Monte Cristo u.u), do you have any plans to do this?
idk man I'm quite busy these days. I'll see what I can do

Ok, I probably did this wrong, but this is my first time trying to code, so go easy on me:
Code:
bulbasaurmega:{num:1,species:"Bulbasaur-Mega",baseSpecies:"Bulbasaur",forme:"Mega",formeLetter:"M",types:["Grass","Poison"],genderRatio:{M:0.875,F:0.125},baseStats:{hp:45,atk:58,def:69,spa:76,spd:75,spe:45},abilities:{0:"Thick Fat"},heightm:0.7,weightkg:6.9,color:"Green",eggGroups:["Monster", "Grass"]},
This is my attempt at coding Mega Bulbasaur, would it work or did I do it completely wrong? If it does, then I'll do all the rest, but if not, I don't wanna waste my time :)

Ok, I probably did this wrong, but this is my first time trying to code, so go easy on me:
Code:
bulbasaurmega:{num:1,species:"Bulbasaur-Mega",baseSpecies:"Bulbasaur",forme:"Mega",formeLetter:"M",types:["Grass","Poison"],genderRatio:{M:0.875,F:0.125},baseStats:{hp:45,atk:58,def:69,spa:76,spd:75,spe:45},abilities:{0:"Thick Fat"},heightm:0.7,weightkg:6.9,color:"Green",eggGroups:["Monster", "Grass"]},
This is my attempt at coding Mega Bulbasaur, would it work or did I do it completely wrong? If it does, then I'll do all the rest, but if not, I don't wanna waste my time :)
I'm a little good at coding.. but no zarel style... but that looks pretty much fine to me, as long as that is not it. (There needs to be more code in other files, such as an aliases.js)

Also, although off-topic, Mega Magikarp needs Bite.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I'm a little good at coding.. but no zarel style... but that looks pretty much fine to me, as long as that is not it. (There needs to be more code in other files, such as an aliases.js)

Also, although off-topic, Mega Magikarp needs Bite.
no there does not need to be code in aliases.js, a vital thing and the only thing Chesnaught missed was added bulbasaurmega to other formes of regular bulbasaur

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)