Project Little Cup Showcase [Voting]

(rowan made most of this OP, but it was my idea)

Through discussion with Rowan, we decided it was time to introduce a new project--the LC showcase. Battle of the Week has been great, and I hope you all have enjoyed the opportunity to demonstrate your skill in community chosen battles.

In this project a group of the top LC battlers will battle to showcase high level LC matches. Afterwards, they will analyze the game, and explain their thought processes. This will be project full of entertaining matches to watch, and it will also help you get into the mindset of a top battler.

Introducing - The LC Showcase Team

Heysup

Heysup is perhaps the oldest member of the LC community, having been around since the days of the Little Cup Forums, and has been dominating the tier ever since then. He is possibly the most intimidating user you can come up against in an LC battle, and is widely regarded as the best LC player of all time.

fitzy72

Fitzy is best known in LC for being the LC tier leader on Pokemon Online. He rose to prominence on Smogon during SPL 5, when he completely destroyed the farm league, going 7-1, before getting picked up midseason by the scooters, where he racked up an impressive 4-1 record. Nowadays, he's known as one of the best LC battlers on Smogon.

fatty

Fatty is one of the most dominant players in the LC community. Having been around since BW, he has proven himself time and time again as a top battler, consistently performing well in LC tournaments, including winning the first 2 minitours of this generation.

Hawkstar

Hawkstar is a very well-known name within LC, and has been involved at the top of the LC community, being one of the most consistent and best battlers, since the days of BW1.

Rowan

Rowan started becoming relevant in the LC community during the days of BW1. He improved gradually throughout BW2, and went into XY as one of the top LC players. Slowly, he worked up the Smogon LC ranks, until he became Smogon Little Cup co-leader.

OP

OP, aka Obvious Power, has gained the reputation as one of the best LCers that joined after the advent of generation 6. He has consistently performed well in LC tours, always doing well in forum minitours, getting a great SPLC record, and also reaching the top 8 of the LC Open III.

________________________________________________________________________________________

The LC Showcase Team is a select group of handpicked battlers who have proven to be the best. Anyone can apply to be part of the showcase, but it is extremely difficult to be accepted. If you do want to be considered you can send me and Rowan a personal message on Smogon, with details about why you should be considered. Why do you think you're capable of being one of the best, how have you proven yourself? The Showcase Team will consider your application, and if we think you might be good enough we will hold tryout battles, which will also be analysed, much like the normal showcase battles. Because we are being very selective with this, if we are on the fence about your application, you WILL be rejected. Be patient if you send an application, it will take time for us to consider it, and we don't want to hold too many tryout battles at once. We hope you enjoy the battles this project provides, and do your best to be among those participating.

I have decided this is how we're doing it. Vote for members of the showcase you want to battle. VOTE FOR ONE PERSON ONLY. Two people with most votes whenever I count them will participate in showcase (I will delete votes / clean thread) and will play a best 2 of 3 and will write team / battle analysis afterwards.

GO VOTE

Last edited:

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
don't hate the player hate the game

really looking forward to this though. other than allowing me to murder heysup on a frequent basis, it's gonna give me a chance to contribute a bit more to the community as a whole, a place I feel I've been lacking in other than suspects and tourneys.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Really nice idea, as someone who has missed most of the oras metagame i hope to see some great matches and good teams to get a good idea of whats been up 8)

I have decided this is how we're doing it. Vote for members of the showcase you want to battle. VOTE FOR ONE PERSON ONLY. Two people with most votes whenever I count them will participate in showcase (I will delete votes / clean thread) and will play a best 2 of 3 and will write team / battle analysis afterwards.

GO VOTE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)