Little Cup Tournament - The Royal Rumble - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Earthworm

Basic Tournament Rules

Welcome to the second ever Little Cup Tournament hosted on Smogon.

"Little Cup was spawned in Pokemon Stadium 2. The idea was that you bred to achieve the perfect baby Pokemon to battle. It was later reintroduced for Advance, and now Little Cup is back for the 4th Generation. The metagame is generally faster-paced than the standard OverUsed metagame which results in a speed-centered environment where Pokemon rely on their resistances and immunities to counter the opponent's team and from there, execute their own team's strategy."

The Little Cup Metagame is exciting and relatively new and unchartered, if you ever wanted to play or get into Little Cup, now's the time. This tournament will be used to collect usages and other information, be aware that logs will be collected for these purposes and to enforce the rules.

Tournament Format
This will likely be single elimination and hopefully a 64 man tournament, although a 32 man tournament double elimination or another down-scaled number may be considered depending on how sign ups proceed. Battles will be played on ShoddyBattle.

Rules (Important things to note underlined)
  • Only Pokemon hatched from eggs are eligible.
  • Eligible Pokemon must be able to evolve, and be the first in an evolution chain.
  • Little Cup Clause is ON (All Pokemon must be Level 5)
  • Sleep Clause is ON.
  • Self-KO Clause is ON
  • Evasion Clause is ON
  • OHKO Clause is ON
  • Freeze Clause is ON
  • Strict Damage Clause is ON
  • Species Clause is ON
  • Soul Dew Clause is ON
  • Item Clause is OFF
  • Timed Battle
  • The attacks SonicBoom and Dragon Rage are banned
  • The item DeepSeaTooth is banned
  • A Pokemon's attacks and abilities must be limited those that can be legitimately learnt by the Pokemon at Level 5

See here for illegal attacks and combinations - There is no excuse for not reading this and then using an illegal combination.

Eligible Pokemon

All of the following are eligible, they are sorted by general usage and power. Sneasel, Tangela, Scyther, Murkrow, Meditite and Yanma are banned and hence omitted

Abra, Aipom, Anorith, Bellsprout, Bronzor, Buizel, Carvanha, Chinchou, Cranidos, Croagunk, Diglett, Doduo, Elekid, Gastly, Gligar, Houndour, Kabuto, Machop, Magby, Mankey, Meowth, Misdreavus, Munchlax, Paras, Shuppet, Snover, Staryu, Taillow, Voltorb, Wailmer.

Aron, Bagon, Buneary, Bonsly, Cacnea, Charmander, Chimchar, Clamperl, Cubone, Cyndaquil, Dratini, Drifloon, Drowzee, Duskull, Eevee, Exeggcute, Geodude, Gible, Glameow, Goldeen, Growlithe, Hippopotas, Horsea, Krabby, Koffing, Larvitar, Lickitung, Lileep, Magnemite, Makuhita, Mantyke, Mime Jr., Natu, Nosepass, Numel, Omanyte, Onix, Poliwag, Ponyta, Porygon, Psyduck, Ralts, Ratatta, Remoraid, Riolu, Rhyhorn, Sheildon, Shroomish, Smoochum, Spoink, Squirtle, Stunky, Surskit, Teddiursa, Tentacool, Trapinch, Treecko, Venonat, Vulpix, Wooper, Wynaut, Zigzagoon.

Azurill, Baltoy, Barboach, Beldum, Bidoof, Budew, Bulbasaur, Burmy, Caterpie, Cherubi, Chikorita, Chingling, Cleffa, Combee, Corphish, Ekans, Electrike, Feebas, Finneon, Grimer, Gulpin, Happiny, Hoothoot, Hoppip, Igglybuff, Kricketot, Ledyba, Lotad, Magikarp, Mareep, Mudkip, Nidoran F, Nidoran M, Nincada, Oddish, Phanpy, Pichu, Pidgey, Pineco, Piplup, Poochyena, Sandshrew, Seedot, Seel, Sentret, Shellder, Shellos, Shinx, Skitty, Skorupi, Slakoth, Slowpoke, Slugma, Snorunt, Snubbull, Spearow, Spheal, Spinarak, Starly, Sunkern, Swablu, Swinub, Togepi, Torchic, Totodile, Turtwig, Tyrogue, Weedle, Whismur, Wingull, Wurmple, Zubat

Further Reading

On Site Little Cup Guide (Note that this tournament uses a different rule set)

My slightly more in depth revamp of on-site Little Cup Article (yet to be complete)

Little Cup Metagame Development Thread

Little Cup Forums - essentially a collection of the information provided in the above two links

PM me if you have any further questions

1. HeYsUp
2. Katherine
3. Fuzznip
4. JabbaTheGriffin
5. locopoke
6. DarkLucario
7. Sapientia
8. eric the espeon
9. fresh to death
10. Veedrock
11. Chris is me
12. Bender
13. Bad Ass
14. Gaborik
15. Dragonite24
16. SilentEcho
17. Olie
18. alive
19. matty
20. UsainBolt
21. Stathakis
22. Imran
23. Twash
24. reachzero
25. snorlax
26. rewindman
27. panamaxis
28. X-SandStreamer-X
29. Huntofthelion
30. Beef 2.0
31. -_ -
32. Vader
33. ReyScarface
34. SoT
35. Battlulz
36. Hybrid99
37. latios315
38. Snorlax14
39. polelover44
40. mikeeeey
41. Lady Bug
42. jrrrrrrr
43. Diploman
44. Phish_Stix
45. Mr. Happy
46. Malfunction
47. bobtheball4
48. Elevator Music
49. zach the great
50. Psykout22
51. Mizuno
52. Son_of_Shadoo
53. OGBaLLiN
54. Fenix
55. Leviathan207
56. cyberzero
57. dragonites
58. Seafan
59. TehPiplupMan
60. Lunar Fang
61. Kharozz
62. yohenry12
63. Thorns
64. squirtleboy12

Substitutes
1. tallentire
2. gamelover777
3. KnightoftheWind
4. Oxygen
5. calum
6. Binabik

Good to see Murkrow got banned, but I guess that means I'll have to adjust my team that brought me success in the last tournament

(in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)