Little Cup Viability Rankings - Mark II

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For all the reasons listed above and the fact that Clamperl takes a huge dump on Sand teams with weakened Lileep, I support the moving of clamperl to A. Knock Off is balls for it though.
Especially when drilbur still outspeeds it :| I don't see how it can setup on anything sand tho
but yea clamperl is good but I'd leave it in high B imo

Especially when drilbur still outspeeds it :| I don't see how it can setup on anything sand tho
Typically you have a lot of slow moving pokes on sand (Hippo, Lileep, Natu, Bulky Mag, Vullaby, etc) and Clamperl can speed tie or outspeed a lot of them. Clamperl can OHKO most of them if you get it in via revenge/Volt-turn, anddddd not to mention
236+ Atk Drilbur Earthquake vs. 76 HP / 0 Def Clamperl: 15-18 (71.42 - 85.71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18)

As one of the biggest Sand users, I must say that a well played Clamperl is an absolute nightmare to deal with, as even Ferroseed is 3HKO by Ice Beam

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Changes:

Clamperl: B+ -> A

I'd like to see more discussion on Ponyta. Does it deserve A-rank? What about B+? Or should it stay B?

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
y u no move pawniard smh
Pontya imo its a really good pokemon, being bulky, fast AND strong. It also has good coverage in just 2 moves, also having recovery (unreliable but still recovery) its an overall really good poke. What really holds it back its his uselessness against sand team, which is sad (altho no sand sweeper can switch into ponyta easily). I didnt even knew it was just B, it should be at least B+ :]

Ponyta is hardly useless against Sand. Just having Ponyta means your opponent has to play extremely careful with Hippopotas, as you can easily remove Sand with Sunny Day. Flame Body makes Ponyta, like Larvesta, a risk to attack with contact moves, which makes it very annoying to play against and with a little bit of luck you can easily cripple a Mienfoo or similar. Sunny Day allows Ponyta to beat RestTalk Chinchou 1 vs 1 and makes it extremely difficult to tank hits from Ponyta 2HKOing walls like Vullaby and Lileep. Uhh, one of the highest BSTs in LC... I've always wanted Ponyta for A.

Agreeing with the above. With my experience calcing shit, Ponyta has the potential to survive super effective attacks without much investment and hit like a POOOOONY truck.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Oh, youre totally right wobby, i totally forgot bout sunny day. Yeah its A rank.

Hi, I wonder why Wooper is in tier E. To be honnest, I think Wooper has a huge niche in LC because of his awesome typing, which gives him awesome resistences and only one not very commonly used weakness. He also has access to the powerful Earthquake + Ice punch combo which covers almost everything it needs to. With his ability Unaware, Wooper can easily wall boosting sweepers such as Drilbur and Scraggy, while dealing great damage to them. Wooper also takes no damage from sandstorm and has the awesome Recover. I may be wrong, if so don't be afraid to tell me why as it is the main purpose of this post. :)

PS: Yes, this is my first post on this forum, but I think I have a decent pokemon knowledge as I played this game for a long while, altho I am kinda new to Little cup.

236 Atk Scraggy Hi Jump Kick vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Wooper: 12-15 (48 - 60%) -- 90.23% chance to 2HKO

236+ Atk Life Orb Drilbur Earthquake vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Wooper: 13-17 (52 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

it's abysmal Special Defense stat also makes it die to nearly every special attack

how come drilbur is still S-Rank? I'm pretty sure there was some disscussion about moving it down to High A Rank.
Drilbur dominates any team that doesnt have something specially prepared to fight it. After one swords dance in sand, it outspeeds most scarves while OHKOing almost anything it can hit neutrally. It has STAB earthquake, rock slide or stone edge for coverage, shadow claw to take out bronzor, and the option of swords dance or rapid spin. It's best counter (choice snover) can't even switch in on most of its attacks.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Although I'm necroposting by a good two years, it is worth noting that Murkrow was officially banned today and as such this should be updated. While old, it is still a usable resource and should remain accurate.

Although I'm necroposting by a good two years, it is worth noting that Murkrow was officially banned today and as such this should be updated. While old, it is still a usable resource and should remain accurate.
Since that will probably shake things up a bit and spark some new discussion (and iss is inactive), do you want to just start a Mark III?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)