Little Cup

Hi there guys, before I start I wanna state that this is my first RMT and that I also changed only recently to LC from OU, but LC is so damn fun to play that I felt home immediately and right now I'm ranking around 40 in ladder.

Now let's go down to business.

Dwebble @Oran Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

Well, this little fella is my fave pokemon on LC right now, he's cute, he lays entry hazards like a boss and is so fast and offensive at the same time! There is little he can't set 1~2 layers of hazards and when I think it'll be impossible, his Rock Blast just kills stuff like crazy. Earthquake is there to check Chinchou and the occasional Croagunk that tries to revenge with Vacuum.

Mienfoo @Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe / 36 Def
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn
- Knock Off

Foo is constantly my hero lol. I normally use him as a switch in when people bring their DD Scraggy into my Slowpoke and just OHKO him with High Jump Kick. He also one shots opposing Mienfoo and a slew of other stuff. His only trouble is with Ghost-types, the rest is just a matter of switching between him and Slowpoke.

Slowpoke @Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
-Fire Blast
-Surf
-Toxic
-Slack Off

This is my 2nd in command. He takes hits like a champ and just Slack Off the damage. He OHKO Ferroseed and counter pretty hard any Fighting-type that appears. His only glaring weakness is Dark-type mons (read Scraggy here) but that can be worked around with prediction. For example the most common Scraggy entrance is to U-Turn from Mienfoo, so everytime a Mienfoo switches into Slowpoke I just Slack Off and switch to my Mienfoo while they DD, proceeding to HJK and own them. Also Staryu and Chinchou gives him trouble but I'll cover them later.

Houndour @Life Orb
Ability:Early Bird
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 76 Spe - 0 HP IVs
Lonely Nature
-Fire Blast
-Sucker Punch
-Crunch
-Substitute

He's one of my revenge killers and ghost checkers. Even tho this one guy can be used to kill off anything slower than himself that doesn't resists his moves. I used to run Flash Fire, but since Hypnosis Ghastly is so common since Misdreavus got banned, Early Bird just seems far more useful. Not much else to talk about...

Croagunk @Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 188 Atk / 188 SpA / 116 Spe - 0 HP IVs
Lonely Nature
-Fake Out
-Vacuum Wave
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake

This guy used to be like the glue of my team, but I'm very unhappy with him right now. I use him mostly to finish off some near death thingy. The only thing this guy does insanely well and the only reason I keep him on the team is his Chinchou/Croagunk killing power. Every single Croagunk does his 2 priority combo on me while I EQ him to oblivion. But even then, my Muchlax does that, only better. I really don't know what to do with this guy.

Munchlax @Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs:
236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Return
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

My new glue! My difficulty dealing with Chinchou / Staryu / Dual Ghost cores made me think about a powerful special sponge that can kill them. Since I introduced him I had no problems against the aforementioned threats plus Croakung. Due to that, Croagunk started to feel so damn out of place in the team and now I don’t really know what to do with him.

Threat List:
-Acrobatic Drifloon: This tears my team apart like nothing else matters;
-Too many flyers: See above, but less;
-Too many waters;
-Boosting sweepers that get to boost too much;
-SubGastly: Used to tear me apart more before Munchlax, but still gives me nightmares if Munchlax goes down before doing his job;
-Other stuff I can’t remember;

What I'm searching for:
-Something to replace Croagunk, most likely something with good electric attacks;
-Maybe change Knock Off to HP Electric on Mienfoo if he still keeps his DD Scraggy killing skillz;

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man. Neat team you have here. What I recommend for your team will satisfy quite a few of the things you're looking for/struggling with, in addition to being just a cool set all in all. I've been using Scarf Chinchou on nearly every team in Little Cup I've had since I started playing, even my first team had it. It's really good, and its been in teams I've used to get ranked 1 on multiple occasions. Anyway first off, it gives you a seriously reliable revenger, and with Volt Switch its great for keeping you in control of the battles flow. Second off, you were looking for something to replace Croagunk, and also has good electric attacks. Hello STAB Electric-type moves. Your team has problems with both Flying- and Water-type Pokemon? Great, Chinchou resists both of those types. Chinchou also switches into Drifloon and threatens an OHKO. So as you can see, this will patch up quite a bit of things you're looking for. Here is the set I recommend:

Chinchou (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 60 Def / 228 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)